GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:36   #1
srhoades

Our Sheriff tells Feinstein to pound sand regarding proposed AWB!

thahttp://www.riversidesheriff.org/press/admin13-0204.pdf

Last edited by srhoades; 02-05-2013 at 08:37..
srhoades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:49   #2
.264 magnum
CLM Number 121
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srhoades View Post
That is a fantastic letter.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:00   #3
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Great letter!

Thanks for posting.

IGF
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:19   #4
SigFTW

That is a well thought out letter.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:19   #5
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Color me not impressed,

Where is his stance on the State of California assault weapons ban..
Since he is a Constitutional officer of that state is he upholding his duty to the State of California and the constitution he is sworn to protect?

Seems like the chump move of a polictian to get some soundbytes in without haveing to get their hands dirty..

Impress me by going on record that you will not enforce the State of california ban.

Last edited by Mayhem like Me; 02-05-2013 at 09:25..
Mayhem like Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:28   #6
nosuchagency
is invisible...

"The AR-15 series semi-automatic rifle is literally a modern American "musket"...

and that there sheriff is full of win on several levels.
sig club #45...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetDet View Post
..."fair" is a word used by little kids and democrats.
nosuchagency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:37   #7
Roger1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
Color me not impressed,

Since he is a Constitutional officer of that state is he upholding his duty to the State of California and the constitution he is sworn to protect?

Seems like the chump move of a polictian to get some soundbytes in without haveing to get their hands dirty..

Impress me by going on record that you will not enforce the State of california ban.
Regardless of what the intention is, it is yet another LEO highly ranked in his department that is on record opposing the proposed legislation. The best part is he is in her state no less. Publicity stunt or not, any support from the LEO's at this time is good support whether or not it is hypocritical being the state of California's current "assault weapon" laws.
Roger1079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:42   #8
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger1079 View Post
Regardless of what the intention is, it is yet another LEO highly ranked in his department that is on record opposing the proposed legislation. The best part is he is in her state no less. Publicity stunt or not, any support from the LEO's at this time is good support whether or not it is hypocritical being the state of California's current "assault weapon" laws.
So you rally around a hypocrite politician?

That is why we are in trouble.

It is a meaningless letter meant to give him some points politically, don't be fooled look at his track record, where was he whee the Cali ban was passed, what was his stance then? What was the Cali Sheriffs stance then?
Old 02-05-2013, 09:44   #9
HarlDane

Quote:
Color me not impressed,

I'm glad the Sherrif took the time to write the letter, but something tells me that if I took the bullet button off of my AR and installed the stock mag release while in Riverside County, he would have no problem throwing me in jail.
HarlDane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:45   #10
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Thanks for posting this OP. great read.

... The AR-15 series semi-automatic rifle is literally a modern American “musket”...

Hear hear!
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:49   #11
Roger1079

Quote:

It is a meaningless letter meant to give him some points politically, don't be fooled look at his track record, where was he whee the Cali ban was passed, what was his stance then? What was the Cali Sheriffs stance then?
I'm not rallying around anyone and a California Sheriff's political views mean nothing to me. I am about as far in this country geographically from Riverside County as I can be. All I am saying is every letter opposing this legislation is good. I wouldn't give a darn if Michael Moore wrote it.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:51   #12
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Not from Cali either, not impressed by words.

I am impressed by a proven track record of action.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:59   #13
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:

I assume you live in California, but as for me, I'm always thrilled when an LEO either wakes up to what has been going on, or finally has the guts to express how he/she has felt for quite some time.

Regardless of the what, some people will NOT be the ones to "go or jump first." This is just human nature, and yet once the ice is broken, so to speak, those too apprehensive about being the first will sometimes surpass those that took the plunge in the first place.

Now, applying this to the 2nd Amendment issue and what has been coming out of DC lately, there were Sheriffs, LEOs, and other county and State officials that have publicly gone on record first, in some form or fashion, and seem to have literally opened the flood gates with respect to have others following through from their leads.

In my 50 plus years on this earth, I have always admired and given the utmost respect for all those hard chargers and ground breakers who take the lead, however, I've also gained the admiration for those others who, while unable for whatever reason to be the first, would be the ones to fill in the ranks and follow through after others did so.

On point, except for the brief testimonial contained within his letter, I wholly admit that I do NOT know this Sheriff or his history, and maybe you have a lot better take on it than the rest of us, but I'll tell you one thing, as a Floridian and law abiding member of the We the People American population, it does my heart good to see some of our nation's top Cops standing against the tyranny of this current, white house administration by publicly putting their names to the claim, if you will.

Just my $0.02, ymmv

G-d's Speed to Riverside County Sheriff Stan Sniff
and both the law abiding citizens in his county as well as the State of California!!!

"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 02-05-2013 at 10:02..
Old 02-05-2013, 10:05   #14
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
I assume you live in California, but as for me, I'm always thrilled when an LEO either wakes up to what has been going on, or finally has the guts to express how he/she has felt for quite some time.

Regardless of the what, some people will NOT be the ones to "go or jump first." This is just human nature, and yet once the ice is broken, so to speak, those too apprehensive about being the first will sometimes surpass those that took the plunge in the first place.

Now, applying this to the 2nd Amendment issue and what has been coming out of DC lately, there were Sheriffs, LEOs, and other county and State officials that have publicly gone on record first, in some form or fashion, and seem to have literally opened the flood gates with respect to have others following through from their leads.

In my 50 plus years on this earth, I have always admired and given the utmost respect for all those hard chargers and ground breakers who take the lead, however, I've also gained the admiration for those others who, while unable for whatever reason to be the first, would be the ones to fill in the ranks and follow through after others did so.

On point, except for the brief testimonial contained within his letter, I wholly admit that I do NOT know this Sheriff or his history, and maybe you have a lot better take on it than the rest of us, but I'll tell you one thing, as a Floridian and law abiding member of the We the People American population, it does my heart good to see some of our nation's top Cops standing against the tyranny of this current, white house administration by publicly putting their names to the claim, if you will.

Just my $0.02, ymmv

G-d's Speed to Riverside County Sheriff Stan Sniff
and both the law abiding citizens in his county as well as the State of California!!!

Again you fell for it took it hook line and sinker

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 02-05-2013, 10:08   #15
PhotoFeller

I appreciate the letter. A California sheriff pushing back his prominent US Senator in a blindly Progressive state is no small step. I know little about California's gun history, but what I do know is bleak. The sheriff's letter sounds like light in an otherwise dark environment.
PhotoFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:13   #16
poikilotrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by .264 magnum View Post
That is a fantastic letter.
Is it? Read it again.

Also, does this same man enforce California gun laws? Laws which are far in excess of the original AWB? Has he destroyed people for the heinous crime of having a mag greater than 10 rounds in capacity? Has he destroyed people for having an AR that has a standard mag release? If not, is he willing to?

Sorry, unless he writes a letter toJerry Brown and the legislature telling them he refuses to enforce their blatantly unConstitutional laws, then proceeds to act in accordance with that letter, he is just a set of flapping gums.
poikilotrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:23   #17
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poikilotrm View Post
Is it? Read it again.

Also, does this same man enforce California gun laws? Laws which are far in excess of the original AWB? Has he destroyed people for the heinous crime of having a mag greater than 10 rounds in capacity? Has he destroyed people for having an AR that has a standard mag release? If not, is he willing to?

Sorry, unless he writes a letter toJerry Brown and the legislature telling them he refuses to enforce their blatantly unConstitutional laws, then proceeds to act in accordance with that letter, he is just a set of flapping gums.

Don't be an ass. The law is the law. He, as I, as you in that position enforce THE LAW.

What he is doing is probably 2x more than you have done. He has written a letter to Feinswine, in a calm, logical manner outlining why he thinks she is full of you.
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:23   #18
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:

I didn't fall for anything.

Our local Sheriff is leaps and bounds BEHIND the pack as far as what is coming out of DC, and yet I fully support each little timid step that he's taking and each inch that he comes closer towards protecting our 2A rights locally.

That I am aware of currently, he hasn't publicly opposed anyone pushing for gun control people control, but he has publicly stated that he is more worried about quote, "...getting illegal guns off the street and out of the hands of criminals..." than he is worried about [We the People] owning guns to protect themselves.

I'll take Sheriff Sniff's letter to feinstein over our local Sheriff's weak-kneed, dubious rhetoric any day of the week, but even so, it seems to me that they are both on the right track and I will not fault either of them in their process of "waking up."

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 02-05-2013 at 10:27..
Old 02-05-2013, 10:30   #19
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by poikilotrm View Post
Is it? Read it again.

you need to read the California constitution..

No right to bear arms is listed.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:33   #20
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
I didn't fall for anything.

Our local Sheriff is leaps and bounds BEHIND the pack as far as what is coming out of DC, and yet I fully support each little timid step that he's taking and each inch that he comes closer towards protecting our 2A rights locally.

That I am aware of currently, he hasn't publicly opposed anyone pushing for gun control people control, but he has publicly stated that he is more worried about quote, "...getting illegal guns off the street and out of the hands of criminals..." than he is worried about [We the People] owning guns to protect themselves.

I'll take Sheriff Sniff's letter to feinstein over our local Sheriff's weak-kneed, dubious rhetoric any day of the week, but even so, it seems to me that they are both on the right track and I will not fault either of them in their process of "waking up."
it is your right to be impressed by this..I am not.

A Sheriff in a state with a horrible track record for gun rights sends the most staunch supporter of gun control a letter....ooohhh. That stings.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:36   #21
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
it is your right to be impressed by this..I am not.

A Sheriff in a state with a horrible track record for gun rights sends the most staunch supporter of gun control a letter....ooohhh. That stings.
He's publicly put his name to the claim. That takes cahones. Period.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:37   #22
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

What would impress me is those Sheriffs getting together a recall vote on the good Senator, but that would require real balls and put some skin in the game and bring the big guns to the table so to speak...
Old 02-05-2013, 10:41   #23
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
He's publicly put his name to the claim. That takes cahones. Period.
Yeah he's a Sheriff in the most republican county in the State, he would be a fool not to write it...
Old 02-05-2013, 10:51   #24
Roger1079

Quote:

You still don't get it do you? Regardless of what this elected official's motives are or what his track record has been, he wrote a letter to the person pushing for these restrictions stating his opposition. Whether he really stands behind his comments is unimportant. The bottom line is he is on the record as doing it. Before you throw stones at this guy calling him a hypocritical politician, tell me......How many letter's have you signed your name on and sent to the elected officials in your state stating your opposition for this legislation?

If I had to wager on it, i would say 0. How close am I to being right?
Old 02-05-2013, 10:51   #25
.264 magnum
CLM Number 121
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Color me not impressed,

The guy is making a point. I'd rather he stay on post than commit career suicide as you suggested.