GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 17:54   #1
Stephenthesuave
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 193
Email from Larue RE: state LE sales

EWS RELEASE:
02/08/2012 LEANDER, TX.

Updated Policy for State and Local Agency Law Enforcement Sales:

Due to the recent and numerous new Anti-gun/Anti-2nd Amendment laws passed and/or pending across our country, LaRue Tactical has been forced to reconsider how we provide products to state and local agencies.

Effective today, in an effort to see that no legal mistakes are made by LaRue Tactical and/or its employees, we will apply all current State and Local Laws (as applied to civilians) to state and local law enforcement / government agencies. In other words, LaRue Tactical will limit all sales to what law-abiding citizens residing in their districts can purchase or possess.

State and local laws have always been a serious focus of this firm, and we are now dovetailing that focus with the constitutional rights of the residents covered in their different areas by the old and new regulations.

We realize this effort will have an impact on this firm's sales - and have decided the lost sales are less danger to this firm than potential lawsuits from erroneous shipments generated by something as simple as human error.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.


Mark LaRue


* * This policy does not apply to Military / Federal Agencies * *
Stephenthesuave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 17:57   #2
VC-Racing
General Flunky
 
VC-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: S.Fork of The Edisto River, SC
Posts: 2,217
LOL.... Good for them.... If all the rest would follow suite , things might calm down a bit....

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Son, never kick a fresh cow turd on a hot day .. Hank Jr. On "The View".
VC-Racing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 17:58   #3
GAFinch
Senior Member
 
GAFinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,780
Wow, nice.
__________________
Fear the government that fears your guns.
GAFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 18:00   #4
CAcop
Senior Member
 
CAcop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: California
Posts: 21,209
Don't most firearms manufacturers use distributors anyway?
__________________
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 18:01   #5
*ASH*
Senior Member
 
*ASH*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: nc
Posts: 21,973
cool......
__________________
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
*ASH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 18:02   #6
Calico Jack
NO QUARTER
 
Calico Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The High Seas
Posts: 3,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
Don't most firearms manufacturers use distributors anyway?
For large quantity purchases? I always thought most of those agency purchases went through the manufacturer.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Calico Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 18:26   #7
CAcop
Senior Member
 
CAcop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: California
Posts: 21,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico Jack View Post
For large quantity purchases? I always thought most of those agency purchases went through the manufacturer.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
They are still doing agency purchases. This is about individual officers in ban states.

And yes we get our guns through distributors even when the PD is doing the buying.
__________________
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 18:35   #8
Stephenthesuave
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
They are still doing agency purchases. This is about individual officers in ban states.

And yes we get our guns through distributors even when the PD is doing the buying.
The press release specifies agency sales are what they are applying state and local laws to.
Stephenthesuave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 18:41   #9
SPIN2010
Searching ...
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: On the move ... again!
Posts: 1,840
Troubling, to say the least. For example: If the "X" ban passes for the country ... no "X" backorder from Larue.

I am sure it is just CYA for Mark but it will hit hard on shooters in free states as well.

Last edited by SPIN2010; 02-08-2013 at 18:41..
SPIN2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 19:05   #10
itisbruno
CLM Number 103
Devious Member
 
itisbruno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Raccoon City
Posts: 25,846
__________________

Click HERE
daily to give food for animals in a shelter or sanctuary...for FREE
itisbruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 19:44   #11
stevelyn
NRA Life Member
 
stevelyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fairbanksan in Aleutian Hell
Posts: 8,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephenthesuave View Post
EWS RELEASE:
02/08/2012 LEANDER, TX.

Updated Policy for State and Local Agency Law Enforcement Sales:

Due to the recent and numerous new Anti-gun/Anti-2nd Amendment laws passed and/or pending across our country, LaRue Tactical has been forced to reconsider how we provide products to state and local agencies.

Effective today, in an effort to see that no legal mistakes are made by LaRue Tactical and/or its employees, we will apply all current State and Local Laws (as applied to civilians) to state and local law enforcement / government agencies. In other words, LaRue Tactical will limit all sales to what law-abiding citizens residing in their districts can purchase or possess.

State and local laws have always been a serious focus of this firm, and we are now dovetailing that focus with the constitutional rights of the residents covered in their different areas by the old and new regulations.

We realize this effort will have an impact on this firm's sales - and have decided the lost sales are less danger to this firm than potential lawsuits from erroneous shipments generated by something as simple as human error.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.


Mark LaRue


* * This policy does not apply to Military / Federal Agencies * *
Translation:

Dear NY & CA,



Go **** yourselves.


Sincerely,

LaRue Tactical

__________________
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 19:57   #12
crnama
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Madison, Al
Posts: 564
Did Barrett do something like this also with California and Hawaii? I wish more manufacturers would follow suit. This just makes me want to go buy the mounts from them I have been thinking buying for a while.
crnama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 20:02   #13
CAcop
Senior Member
 
CAcop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: California
Posts: 21,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephenthesuave View Post
The press release specifies agency sales are what they are applying state and local laws to.
I misread the last part on the press release.

To be honest most of the rifles used by LE in this state are Colt. Followed by Smith with those being used by agencies with Smith pistols. Some use Bushmasters but that is even rarer than National Guard hand me downs.
__________________
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 20:04   #14
CAcop
Senior Member
 
CAcop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: California
Posts: 21,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by crnama View Post
Did Barrett do something like this also with California and Hawaii? I wish more manufacturers would follow suit. This just makes me want to go buy the mounts from them I have been thinking buying for a while.
Barrett did it with CA but he only did it with .50 BMG rifles. Anything else is still sold in CA. He got a lot of good press but it really wasn't a big stand.

I suspect LaRue is just blowing smoke too. They probably know they really only sell mounts and such to us since we get most of our stuff from other makers.

Don't beleive the hype.
__________________
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 20:16   #15
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9
 
Kingarthurhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,575
I have never been impressed with Larue. Knock off parts at primier prices. Whoopie.

In other exciting news, I suspect someone cut their toe nails recently.
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 20SF, 21C, 22, 26, 27, Glock E-Tool, Glock knife
Quod ego haereticus appellari sequere Jesum.
Kingarthurhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 20:33   #16
Stephenthesuave
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 193
While I don't think there will be a huge economic impact, I'm still very happy to see Mark Larue doing this. Only they will really know the true impact, but I'm perfectly fine with them making a stand on principle.

Larue makes top shelf ARs these days and their mounts are my favorite on the market.
Stephenthesuave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 20:37   #17
Mushinto
Master Member
 
Mushinto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Melbourne, Florida, USA
Posts: 12,050
LaRue is a top notch company with state of the art products. Their customer service is second to none.

In fact the only reason I can think of to criticize them would be for sour grapes by those too cheap to buy their products. That's why they have Chinese knock offs on Ebay.
__________________
ML

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind, always.
Mushinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 20:37   #18
*ASH*
Senior Member
 
*ASH*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: nc
Posts: 21,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephenthesuave View Post
While I don't think there will be a huge economic impact, I'm still very happy to see Mark Larue doing this. Only they will really know the true impact, but I'm perfectly fine with them making a stand on principle.

Larue makes top shelf ARs these days and their mounts are my favorite on the market.
they make good stuff .
__________________
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
*ASH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 20:44   #19
BEER
bad example
 
BEER's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Dayton, Texas
Posts: 8,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
I have never been impressed with Larue. Knock off parts at primier prices. Whoopie.

In other exciting news, I suspect someone cut their toe nails recently.
in over 5 years on over 10 different gun related forums and discussion groups, and out of the hundreds of fellow shooters i've met in person you are quite literally the only person i have ever heard say anything negative about the larue company, staff, or products.

did you have an allergic reaction to some dillo dust or something?
__________________
the brighter your light the darker your shadow.
BEER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 21:42   #20
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9
 
Kingarthurhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEER View Post
in over 5 years on over 10 different gun related forums and discussion groups, and out of the hundreds of fellow shooters i've met in person you are quite literally the only person i have ever heard say anything negative about the larue company, staff, or products.

did you have an allergic reaction to some dillo dust or something?
Midwest Industries has it all over Larue every day, all day, as far as AR accessories. EOTECH and Aimpoint have better scopes for the money. So, why would I want to pay Larue prices for less quality than MI, EOTECH and Aimpoint?

Short answer, I wouldn't.
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 20SF, 21C, 22, 26, 27, Glock E-Tool, Glock knife
Quod ego haereticus appellari sequere Jesum.
Kingarthurhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 21:56   #21
rick458
USS Texas BB-35
 
rick458's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: La Porte Texas
Posts: 6,701
Good on Larue, I will deff buy my Bipod from them.
To accompany my 3 LT-104 mounts which ALL came with a Constitutional Primer
__________________
SemperFi My Brothers
"Never pass up a good opportunity to keep your mouth shut" Winston Churchhill
rick458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 22:55   #22
owl6roll
Senior Member
 
owl6roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: ALABAMA
Posts: 902
Send a message via AIM to owl6roll
California? I've heard about that country!
__________________
The fight will not be the way you want it to be. The fight will be the way it is. You must be flexible enough to adapt. -- Unknown
owl6roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:03   #23
Stephenthesuave
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
Midwest Industries has it all over Larue every day, all day, as far as AR accessories. EOTECH and Aimpoint have better scopes for the money. So, why would I want to pay Larue prices for less quality than MI, EOTECH and Aimpoint?

Short answer, I wouldn't.
Larue has never made a scope... You really don't seem to know what you are talking about.
Stephenthesuave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:32   #24
gwalchmai
Lucky Member
 
gwalchmai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Outside the perimeter
Posts: 44,128


I think LaRue has made a good step supporting the RKBA rights of American citizens. I'll support them.
gwalchmai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:58   #25
samuse
Senior Member
 
samuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South TX
Posts: 5,162
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
Midwest Industries has it all over Larue every day, all day, as far as AR accessories. EOTECH and Aimpoint have better scopes for the money. So, why would I want to pay Larue prices for less quality than MI, EOTECH and Aimpoint?

Short answer, I wouldn't.
Hmm.
__________________
"If you're not shootin', you should be loadin'. If you're not loadin', you should be movin', if you're not movin', someone's gonna cut your head off and put it on a stick." -Clint Smith


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
You suck at...well, everything so far.
samuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 13:58.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,313
400 Members
913 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42