SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-11-2013, 13:44   #1
Reaver2218

Send a message via Skype™ to Reaver2218
CCW and clothing !!

I went out shopping and I found myself deciding my purchases on how it would effect my CCW and how the gun looked or didnt look under my cloths.

has anyone else let or do you go into shopping with the mindset of how it will effect your CCW.
Reaver2218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 13:48   #2
mj9mm

sure do, cc is a lifestyle
Old 02-11-2013, 13:52   #3
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Yep!

Carrying a gun is a legal and moral responsibility, and comes with certain social requirements. Welcome to the club.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 14:01   #4
HarleyGuy

For sure!

I have a Coronado "biker" vest with two inside pockets w/velcro ties.

Lots of sweaters and sweat shirts and I tyr to buy "banded bottom" pull-over shirts (XLT) when I can find them.
HarleyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 14:03   #5
Reaver2218

I dont know I have been carrying for almost a year but I think this is the first time that I actually had a holy **** wtf am I doing while shopping. most of the time I am just putting stuff on that I would think to help not actually buy stuff specifically to help me aid in doing so. but yes it is a lifestyle choice.
Old 02-11-2013, 14:07   #6
tuica

Of course it changes your clothing picks. Cheers.
Old 02-11-2013, 14:21   #7
TSAX
USAF Vet

Your thread got me thinking

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...1#post19975841

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

GSSF Member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

NRA Member
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 14:23   #8
Just_plinking

I don't sweat it much as oc is legal in my state (not that I oc), but I don't have to worry about legal consequences. I think most people are oblivious, even if there is a bulge or something.
Old 02-11-2013, 18:02   #9
racer88
NRA & SAF mbr

I carry every day. So, my clothing purchases MUST factor that. Every bit of clothing I own is chosen to fit around my EDC.
racer88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 18:46   #10
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver2218 View Post
I went out shopping and I found myself deciding my purchases on how it would effect my CCW and how the gun looked or didnt look under my cloths.

has anyone else let or do you go into shopping with the mindset of how it will effect your CCW.

I have from the beginning. I carry a full size semi-auto so I have no choice to dress around the gun. I don't wear the most stylish clothing for a lady but I would rather style take a back seat to my 45.

Stylish clothing might prompt a rapists interest but my .45 will stop him in his tracks. Clothing won't keep me safe but my gun probably will. I gladly dress around my gun and make legally carrying a firearm my lifestyle.

Once you find a wardrobe that works for you and your gun your all set. It may take a while to find the combo that best suits your tastes and works for your mode of carry. Try to experiment with different holsters and carry positions along with the clothing. It's all a system that must work together to be effective.
Old 02-11-2013, 20:17   #11
Reaver2218

I find myself wearing a lot more button down shirts with a t-shirt under it and this winter I have been wearing my zip-up hoody since it hangs about an inch below the bottom of my RCS phantom.
Old 02-11-2013, 20:36   #12
Filhar

I was never a sports fan, but I now have a large collection of football and baseball Jerseys .

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Filhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:02   #13
jdsumner

Thru purchasing some clothes for work (residential fiber/telecom installer), I stumbled onto Duluth Trading Co.
Pricey stuff, but tough as railroad iron.
So, I purchased some of the 'firehose flex' cargo pants for non-working hrs. Wow. These are the greatest pants evah! Lotsa loops, and pockets, and the rear loop is like 4" wide, so no slack and buckling and the waistband.
And their button down shirts are cut with a straighter drop from armpit to tail. Not 'tailored'. Make awesome overshirts. The bucknaked undershirts are great as well, and are 3" longer in the tail than my FotL or UA tshirts. Not as form fitting as UA, and can act as a cover garment alone.

dan

Last edited by jdsumner; 02-12-2013 at 08:04..
jdsumner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:14   #14
racer88
NRA & SAF mbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsumner View Post
Thru purchasing some clothes for work (residential fiber/telecom installer), I stumbled onto Duluth Trading Co.
Pricey stuff, but tough as railroad iron.
So, I purchased some of the 'firehose flex' cargo pants for non-working hrs. Wow. These are the greatest pants evah! Lotsa loops, and pockets, and the rear loop is like 4" wide, so no slack and buckling and the waistband.
And their button down shirts are cut with a straighter drop from armpit to tail. Not 'tailored'. Make awesome overshirts. The bucknaked undershirts are great as well, and are 3" longer in the tail than my FotL or UA tshirts. Not as form fitting as UA, and can act as a cover garment alone.

dan
I also like DTC's stuff. Personally, I find the pricing to be quite a bargain (perspective, I guess). And, for the quality, they represent a very good value. Their clothing is built to last, and you can feel it.

I have their jeans, underwear (bucknaked), and their long t-shirts (perfect cover for CCW).

The jeans have 7 belt loops, instead of 5, which works well with gun belts.

Oh... one more thing.... they have lots of sales.

Last edited by racer88; 02-12-2013 at 08:14..
racer88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:19   #15
Louisville Glocker
Urban Redneck

Honestly, I don't think about it much. The only extra thought is really waist size, to leave a little extra room for IWB.

But I don't spend a ton of money on clothes. They are there to protect me from the elements. I did score an awesome new jacket this winter, so I'm a happy camper.

Carry Issues

Last edited by Louisville Glocker; 02-12-2013 at 08:22..
Louisville Glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:22   #16
Bill Lumberg
BTF Inventor

I don't buy anything different than I would if I didn't carry a concealed weapon. I do wear untucked shirts or a lightweight cover shirt more frequently though.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:02   #17
jdsumner

Bill,
I'm not really buying for cc purposes. Been wearing cargo type britches for years now. Just was buying $17 big box pants and they wear out quickly in this line of work. When I discovered DTC, I was able to purchase clothes that stood up to work, and as a bonus, enhanced the ease and ability of concealed carry. I mentioned DTC as a way of making carry a little more convenient.

dan
jdsumner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:12   #18
John Rambo
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver2218 View Post

Eh, sorta. I buy jeans a size bigger than I need them. But thats good planning for those holiday meals when I need the extra room anyhow.
John Rambo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:15   #19
knotquiteawake

I'll buy XL shirts now instead of L because I need the extra length. I don't like how baggy that makes the shirt but I guess thats my trade off. If I'm out of XL shirts I'll just tuck my undershirt into the tuckable holster so even if the t-shirt rides up the undershirt is providing cover.
I am requesting some of those Duluth shirts for my birthday in March.
knotquiteawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:32   #20
SCmasterblaster

Yes indeed. Pants size one size bigger, and T-shirts one or two sizes bigger.