Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-06-2013, 15:07   #226
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp View Post
Right, I'm just commenting on Kyle's judgement. Whether PTSD or "crazy", taking someone afflicted with either to a firing-range, especially someone you don't really know, is bad judgement.
High risk takers are basically high risk takers all of the time. It's what they are. All units like the SEALs do is channel it toward productice uses.

I used to have the same argument with my bosses about why our guys did so much high risk stuff off duty. They would say, "Don't they get enough at work?"

The answer is, no, never. It's a willingness to take risks, often unnecessary, along with an extreme amount of self-confidence. It's a personality trait. It comes in handy in some jobs, but it does have penalties.

I'm sure Kyle wasn't scared of this guy. In fact, he probably wasn't scared of much of anything. Even when a normal person would have been (and should have been).

Last edited by series1811; 02-06-2013 at 15:10..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 16:01   #227
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp View Post
Right, I'm just commenting on Kyle's judgement. Whether PTSD or "crazy", taking someone afflicted with either to a firing-range, especially someone you don't really know, is bad judgement.
Probably true, but veterans tend to think the best of other veterans until proven wrong. Unfortunately, Chris Kyle (a) wasn't afraid of the guy and (b) didn't believe for one second that a former Marine was going to try to hurt him, no matter how crazy he was.

Last edited by Bren; 02-06-2013 at 17:10..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 20:42   #228
CA-Erik

A true American hero, may he rest in peace and prayers for comfort and strength for his family, friends and fellow warriors.
CA-Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 20:49   #229
sum-dum-guy

I love how people state that they have no training with PTSD and may have no experience with treating PTSD and questionable knowledge about the individuals involved, but feel they are qualified to make statements about what constitutes appropriate treatment. Even people with training would say that every situation is different and is also dependent on the individuals. What is good for one may not be good for another.

Not to mention the fact that we don't actually know what happened there or what went down. We don't even know what they were doing or if they were there to shoot or to talk or who knows.
Old 02-07-2013, 18:58   #230
thecherokeekid

Chris lived not too far away from me. Incredible patriot. I thank him for his service and commitment to these United States of America.....

~Samuel Adams~
thecherokeekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:11   #231
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

Patriots need to watch each other's backs more than ever now...
Homegrown Terrorism
Beware Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 17:48   #232
grapony

Has the shooter said anything about why he did the shooting?
Old 02-08-2013, 18:24   #233
USAF96815

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapony View Post
Told his sister that he, "Traded his soul for a new pick-up...."

Last edited by USAF96815; 02-08-2013 at 18:24..
USAF96815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 19:18   #234
SAYiWONT8

I dont know if this has been gone over but I do believe he was assasinated by elitist who saw him as a threat. Hes well respected by many and his views are not agreeable w our current powers that be. He was training teachers in texas to carry conceal and was strongly against disarming the citizens. These elitist technocrats want to bankrupt us and disarm us so they can usher in the new order. Chris Kyle was a big enemy of theirs. Dont just believe what you hear on the news.

Chris Kyle, rest in power sir and may God bless your family and friends.
SAYiWONT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 20:09   #235
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Oh good Lord. He was killed by a mentally ill vet.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 20:14   #236
SAYiWONT8

That may be true but it was set up like that. PTSD vets can kiss their guns away now, obamas gunna capitilize on that for sure, also what about gun ranges being safe? Goodbye gun ranges! Come on its not all just a random coincidence.
Old 02-08-2013, 20:44   #237
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAYiWONT8 View Post
That may be true but it was set up like that. PTSD vets can kiss their guns away now, obamas gunna capitilize on that for sure, also what about gun ranges being safe? Goodbye gun ranges! Come on its not all just a random coincidence.
Quote:
Mr. Routh had been undergoing treatment at the Dallas V.A. Medical Center and Green Oaks Hospital, a psychiatric center in Dallas. On Jan. 24, Mr. Routh was released from the Dallas V.A. center but soon returned, and he was again released on Jan. 29, said his lawyers, R. Shay Isham and J. Warren St. John. On both occasions, Mr. Routh’s father and mother, Raymond and Jodi Routh, had protested his release, the lawyers said.

“She was begging them not to let him loose,” Mr. Isham said.
I love a good conspiracy as much as anyone but sometimes it is a mistake to go looking for zebras on a horse farm.
Old 02-08-2013, 21:39   #238
Ruggles

Enough of the the tin foil hat stuff. Good Lord is the U.S. Govt responsible for every vile act of violence these days? What is wrong with you conspiracy obsessed people?
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 22:24   #239
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

I would suspect there are a number of vets just as dangerous as Roush. I won't win any friends here by saying this but I feel a bit sorry for the guy even though I despise what he did. Its obvious he's very sick. If he ever gets better I suspect that marine will have a hard time living with himself for what he did. My guess is that he'll be put to death still sick, like a rabid dog.

We broke them and we need to take responsibility to fix them. Eddie Routh should have been in a hospital getting the best treatment available, not on a range.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:13   #240
SAYiWONT8

Maybe I am overthinking it but I think questioning what the media puts out is a good thing. I just cant comprehend why a fellow brother in arms would commit such a crime. Im not satisfied with "oh he had ptsd and freaked out.." Thats a ****ing cop out, Ive heard now that marines that served with Routh are saying he was a mechanic and didnt see much conflict. Ive never been down range and I dont know what its like but im pissed that people just dismiss it like they are.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:09   #241
NoJoy

I will be very surprised if he is given the death penalty-even int TX. PTSD would be the defence, maybe insanity at the time of the "occurance". Something like this is deserving the death penalty but it won't be easy.
I too was shocked to read this about the best military sniper in US history.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:40   #242
dmy19

Send a message via AIM to dmy19
Getting the best treatment available is an excellent goal, but it raises some sticky questions, like when to institutionalize someone against their will, and the quality of care in facilities for the mentally ill that are potentially dangerous. It's a really tough issue that I hope gets some attention, not because of this killing, but in general. The entire world (certainly not just the US) has a poor track record of dealing with mentally ill people.

Regardless, Kyle's death was a very sad loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
We broke them and we need to take responsibility to fix them. Eddie Routh should have been in a hospital getting the best treatment available, not on a range.
dmy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 18:05   #243
glockandgroovin'
Devil Dog

Send a message via Yahoo to glockandgroovin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapony View Post

His brother in law said he was suffering from paranoia,and had told him that he killed them before they could kill him.
.40 S&W#60

Kimber is the gun that you show to your friends,Glock is the gun that you show to your enemies.
glockandgroovin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:24   #244
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmy19 View Post
Getting the best treatment available is an excellent goal, but it raises some sticky questions, like when to institutionalize someone against their will, and the quality of care in facilities for the mentally ill that are potentially dangerous. It's a really tough issue that I hope gets some attention, not because of this killing, but in general. The entire world (certainly not just the US) has a poor track record of dealing with mentally ill people.

Regardless, Kyle's death was a very sad loss.
I understand. His own mother reportedly begged them not to release her son.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 02-11-2013, 23:03   #245
sum-dum-guy

Good attendance at Chris Kyle's memorial at the stadium

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...1/Kyle-funeral

Chris’ children wrote notes that were printed in the program. “You are the best dad ever,” wrote one of Kyle’s daughters, who signed only “Baby Girl.” “I never wanted you to die, I miss your heart.” His other daughter wrote, “One of the best things that has happened to me is you. I love you dad. I always will.”
Luminaries including Sarah Palin attended the funeral. There were no reported attendees from the Obama administration.

I added the emphasis at the end. So freaking sad....
Old 02-12-2013, 11:22   #246
Reyn
Times Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum-dum-guy View Post
Good attendance at Chris Kyle's memorial at the stadium

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...1/Kyle-funeral

Chris’ children wrote notes that were printed in the program. “You are the best dad ever,” wrote one of Kyle’s daughters, who signed only “Baby Girl.” “I never wanted you to die, I miss your heart.” His other daughter wrote, “One of the best things that has happened to me is you. I love you dad. I always will.”
Luminaries including Sarah Palin attended the funeral. There were no reported attendees from the Obama administration.

I added the emphasis at the end. So freaking sad....
How can this country lower the flag to half staff for Whitney Houston but not this man?
Reyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:39   #247
ray9898

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyn View Post
How can this country lower the flag to half staff for Whitney Houston but not this man?
"The country" didn't.....NJ did.
ray9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 13:25   #248
Reyn
Times Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray9898 View Post
"The country" didn't.....NJ did.
My bad..should have said how can anyone in this country.
Reyn is offline   Reply With Quote