GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:16   #81
bccop

I just received my order last week. I picked up to 2 concealed body armor mount aid kits and a kydex holder for my CAT tourniquet. Jake has been excellent to deal with!

I have worn one of the kits for the entire week and found it very comfortable to to the point where I have forgotten it was there. I added a pocket face shield to both kits. I have had a few co-workers try it out (including one female who is about 5' tall) and everyone has found it very comfortable).

Having said that if you insist on getting your shirts tailored so they are skin tight like Ponch on CHiPS you will have difficulty wearing one.

Archilochus, Greek Soldier and Poet, 650 BC
bccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:28   #82
OfficerSurvival
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by bccop View Post
I just received my order last week. I picked up to 2 concealed body armor mount aid kits and a kydex holder for my CAT tourniquet. Jake has been excellent to deal with!

I have worn one of the kits for the entire week and found it very comfortable to to the point where I have forgotten it was there. I added a pocket face shield to both kits. I have had a few co-workers try it out (including one female who is about 5' tall) and everyone has found it very comfortable).

Having said that if you insist on getting your shirts tailored so they are skin tight like Ponch on CHiPS you will have difficulty wearing one.
Thanks BC, I'm glad it's working for you. So far we've gotten great feedback from all the folks who have tried it out and a huge thanks to those of you have been willing to post up here on your experiences. And a HUGE thanks again to Lndshark for working with us to put this together.

For those of you out of the loop, BC and Lndshark both picked up what we're now calling The Incognito. It's a compact trauma kit that wears on the cummerbund straps of your soft body armor. Check it out here.

Cop TalkCop Talk
//Jake

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
OfficerSurvival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 13:08   #83
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Nuts! I realized I haven't called you with my order.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 13:16   #84
OfficerSurvival
Silver Membership

Ha! No worries, we're not going anywhere.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 04-11-2013, 15:10   #85
pgg00

I've been carrying the body armor kit now for a couple of weeks. It's smaller then a sub compact Glock and doesn't show at all in the uniform. Like mentioned above you forget it's there.

Jake was excellent to deal with and answered all my questions quickly.

WiskyT :whistling:
There's nothing like the fact that you can take educated professionals with everything on the line and add a little booze and they act like juniors in HS.

Last edited by pgg00; 04-11-2013 at 15:10..
pgg00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:41   #86
lndshark

Been carrying mine for a couple of weeks too. I put mine directly under my armpit (as opposed to the area shown) and it's barely noticeable. I'll try to snap a picture tonight. Thanks again for coming up with such a great concept Jake!
Old 04-12-2013, 08:41   #87
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by lndshark View Post
Been carrying mine for a couple of weeks too. I put mine directly under my armpit (as opposed to the area shown) and it's barely noticeable. I'll try to snap a picture tonight. Thanks again for coming up with such a great concept Jake!
That looks like a good idea!

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:52   #88
lndshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
That looks like a good idea!
I originally strapped it to the front 1/4-side of my vest. It looked funny. My shirts are tailored (California native here ) and it looked odd. In it's new home it's hardly noticed. I'm trying to rally the troops to take an interest but many of them are the "ain't gonna happen here" types. At least the three folks on my team know I've got it, where it is and how to use the SWAT-T.

I'll snap pics tonight and post them later or tomorrow morning.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:48   #89
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by lndshark View Post
I found the front right pocket works best for me. Already have a gun under my right armpit

Old 04-13-2013, 21:19   #90
pgg00

I carry a BUG on the upper chest portion of my vest. Just stuck it under that.

WiskyT :whistling:
There's nothing like the fact that you can take educated professionals with everything on the line and add a little booze and they act like juniors in HS.
pgg00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:17   #91
lndshark

Here's a shot of the body armor kit attached to my SBA, under my left arm. I carry my BUG in my left hip pocket:

Cop Talk

Old 04-29-2013, 09:10   #92
GVFlyer

Here's a follow-up on Officer Bell.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/02...-was-shot.html

GVFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:15   #93
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

my SA/BA kit includes a large quick clot, a torniquet, and an asherman.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 13:22   #94
msu_grad_121
BOOSH

Tourniquet on my belt at about 8 o'clock, IBD and pocket mask in strong side cargo, Quikclot and a couple pairs of gloves on inside vest pockets (exterior carrier). If I bleed out, it will NOT be for lack of trying...
Old 04-29-2013, 15:32   #95
OfficerSurvival
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu_grad_121 View Post
Tourniquet on my belt at about 8 o'clock, IBD and pocket mask in strong side cargo, Quikclot and a couple pairs of gloves on inside vest pockets (exterior carrier). If I bleed out, it will NOT be for lack of trying...
Nice.

Old 05-01-2013, 00:41   #96
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud

Had an officer shot last week and was able to get to his tourniquet and apply it to save his own life. He is doing well and bad guy was DRT

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/04...icer-shot.html
Old 05-01-2013, 02:51   #97
Newcop761
CLM Number 145
Charter Lifetime Member

SCSU74: I hope the officer has a swift and full recovery.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:21   #98
Ohio Copper

**** it. I'm ordering one of those kits.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:26   #99
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
I had broken down and put a blowout kit together in a pouch attached to the outside of my bag, but I think I'm at least going to guy a TQ case to put on my gun belt now.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:55   #100
msu_grad_121
BOOSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
I had broken down and put a blowout kit together in a pouch attached to the outside of my bag, but I think I'm at least going to guy a TQ case to put on my gun belt now.
I did the same thing, carried the stuff in my bag, then stuffed in various pockets, and finally bought one of the Eleven 10 tourniquet pouches for the CAT tourniquet. SO glad I did. Between moving that onto the belt and moving the IBD and pocket mask to my cargo pocket, I'm far more comfortable, with the only "downside" that I seem to bump the steering wheel of my squad more often when I get out.

But on the plus side, and I have told EVERYONE I work with who has given me grief about carrying the stuff the same thing: it'll be with me when I or one of you needs it, instead of rolling around the trunk of the squad randomly, if it's even in there.

Long story short: buy the pouch, I'm sure it'll make life easier.