Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:04   #101
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu_grad_121 View Post
I did the same thing, carried the stuff in my bag, then stuffed in various pockets, and finally bought one of the Eleven 10 tourniquet pouches for the CAT tourniquet. SO glad I did. Between moving that onto the belt and moving the IBD and pocket mask to my cargo pocket, I'm far more comfortable, with the only "downside" that I seem to bump the steering wheel of my squad more often when I get out.

But on the plus side, and I have told EVERYONE I work with who has given me grief about carrying the stuff the same thing: it'll be with me when I or one of you needs it, instead of rolling around the trunk of the squad randomly, if it's even in there.

Long story short: buy the pouch, I'm sure it'll make life easier.
The pouch is very well made. I found it easier to carry behind my trauma plate though. If anyone wants a pouch I have one for a CAT if you cover shipping.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 05-01-2013, 10:08   #102
OfficerSurvival
Silver Membership

First of all, that's money to hear about Officer Stone! I'm glad he was able to get himself through a bad day, to say the least.

I've said it before many times, even if you don't buy from us, every guy on the road needs to have at least a TQ.

Of course, if you do want to buy from us (our preference), we carry the entire Eleven 10 line and they make a solid product. PM me with your agency and I'll give you the LE discount code on those.

Stay safe!

//Jake
OfficerSurvival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:15   #103
Steve in PA

I'm having a hard time finding a good way to carry my trauma kit. I have one kit in my bag, but I want to carry one on my person. I can't seem to find a good pouch. Right now I have the CAT in my left cargo pocket and a trauma dressing in my right cargo pocket.

I was looking at the pouch shown here and thought it might be just what I am looking for. Do you think the the CAT, trauma dressing and possiblly s-gauze would fit inside? I could do without the s-gauze if the fit is too tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lndshark View Post
Just bringing this back up to the top. I had taken a great interest in this after Morris started the thread. I was all set to order a basic officer kit from Jake at Officer Survival Initiative http://www.officersurvival.org/colle...patrol-aid-kit

but I wanted something a bit less bulky, or something that the folks I work with would actually carry. As many of us know, if it isn't "comfortable" or "convenient", many of our brothers and sisters won't even bother I had numerous discussions with Jake about this. First off, he was great to deal with. Excellent customer service. After a short while, Jake came up with the kit pictured below. In his opinion, it contains the absolute minimum without being too bulky. I work in a small town that's surrounded by rural farmlands...help isn't too far away, but we all know that when the SHTF, EMS won't enter a perimeter unless it's secure. Jake came up with a kit that fits in a pouch and will mount much like a BUG - on the vest, with either Velcro or through the vest straps.

Today I received the kit (two days after ordering it). I plan to take it work, show it to the management and other officers, and start carrying it ASAP. The URL for the kit is below:

http://www.officersurvival.org/colle...-mount-aid-kit

I'm not affiliated with Jake or Officer Survival Initiative but I'm absolutely satisfied with the materials they provided, the service and flexibility before the sale and the after-sales follow-up. These folks are truly dedicated and care about US. Two thumbs up in my book. Thanks Jake!

Cop Talk

Cop Talk
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps. Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945"
Steve in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:51   #104
lndshark

I can't see the CAT fitting inside the pouch...the SWAT-T takes up the most space in the pouch as delivered from OSI. Have you considered moving the CAT to another kit and having something a bit less bulky on your person? I don't know where you work (urban/rural) so this may not be an option for you.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:20   #105
OfficerSurvival
Silver Membership

Hey Steve-

Like Lndshark said, I don't think you're going to be able to fit a CAT into the Incognito pouch. What might work though would be to put an Israeli dressing in the Incognito and then get a Kydex CAT holster for your duty rig if you've got room. I don't know if this would be a big improvement over what you do now unless you're just trying to get them out of your pockets. Let me know if this will work for you or if there's something else you're thinking.

//Jake
Old 05-09-2013, 10:17   #106
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
I'm having a hard time finding a good way to carry my trauma kit. I have one kit in my bag, but I want to carry one on my person. I can't seem to find a good pouch. Right now I have the CAT in my left cargo pocket and a trauma dressing in my right cargo pocket.

I was looking at the pouch shown here and thought it might be just what I am looking for. Do you think the the CAT, trauma dressing and possiblly s-gauze would fit inside? I could do without the s-gauze if the fit is too tight.
I have a vacuum sealed kit (swat tourn, QC, pressure dressing, few other random things) from officer survival solutions that fits great in front uniform pocket.

I carry a CAT vertically behind my trauma plate and backer. This is the most comfortable, most accessible setup I've used.

Old 05-09-2013, 15:24   #107
Steve in PA

I have the CAT Holder which will fit on my vest strap. I think I will buy the pouch and use it for holding my trauma dressing and s-rolled gauze. I carry a BUG in a vest holster on my left side, so I think the CAT holder and pouch will fit on he right side.

If for some reason the CAT holder and soft armor mount pouch won't booth fit on the straps, I'll do what SCSU74 does and put the CAT behind the trauma plate on my vest.

Two weeks ago I responded to a call where a person claimed people were trying to break into his house with shots fired. Ends up being an older guy who had gone off his meds and was seeing things. While I was outside securing the exterior of the house with other officers, other officers were trying to clear the house, the old buck grabbed a shotgun and fired a shot out the window about 6' over my head.

Nothing happened to me, but at that point I figured the trauma kit in my car would have been pretty useless if I had actually been hit. That is when I decided to carry the contents of another trauma kit on my person.
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps. Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945"
Steve in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:38   #108
Ship A'Hoy
Trigger Control

Reopening this thread to see anyone's thoughts about this kit.

IPOK (Individual Patrol Officer's Kit)

•Kit Contents:
•2 x Black Talon® Nitrile Trauma Gloves (1 pr.)
•1 x C-A-T® (Combat Application Tourniquet®)
•1 x S-Rolled GauzeTM
•1 x ETDTM 4 in. Emergency Trauma Dressing

Cop Talk
Speed is fine, accuracy is final.
Ship A'Hoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:16   #109
OfficerSurvival
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ship A'Hoy View Post
Reopening this thread to see anyone's thoughts about this kit.

IPOK (Individual Patrol Officer's Kit)......
It's not a kit we carry anymore for a few reasons, but all in all a good kit. It's pretty large to fit in a cargo pocket, and I'd add a chest seal, but other than that, you could do a lot worse for the $$.

-G