Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-15-2013, 14:44   #61
lndshark

Just bringing this back up to the top. I had taken a great interest in this after Morris started the thread. I was all set to order a basic officer kit from Jake at Officer Survival Initiative http://www.officersurvival.org/colle...patrol-aid-kit

but I wanted something a bit less bulky, or something that the folks I work with would actually carry. As many of us know, if it isn't "comfortable" or "convenient", many of our brothers and sisters won't even bother I had numerous discussions with Jake about this. First off, he was great to deal with. Excellent customer service. After a short while, Jake came up with the kit pictured below. In his opinion, it contains the absolute minimum without being too bulky. I work in a small town that's surrounded by rural farmlands...help isn't too far away, but we all know that when the SHTF, EMS won't enter a perimeter unless it's secure. Jake came up with a kit that fits in a pouch and will mount much like a BUG - on the vest, with either Velcro or through the vest straps.

Today I received the kit (two days after ordering it). I plan to take it work, show it to the management and other officers, and start carrying it ASAP. The URL for the kit is below:

http://www.officersurvival.org/colle...-mount-aid-kit

I'm not affiliated with Jake or Officer Survival Initiative but I'm absolutely satisfied with the materials they provided, the service and flexibility before the sale and the after-sales follow-up. These folks are truly dedicated and care about US. Two thumbs up in my book. Thanks Jake!

Cop Talk

Cop Talk
Old 03-15-2013, 16:47   #62
OfficerSurvival
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by lndshark View Post
Just bringing this back up to the top. I had taken a great interest in this after Morris started the thread....
Thank you very much for the kind words! It was a pleasure working with you as well and I look forward to your feedback after you slap it on and pack it around a bit.

This is a good example, by the way, of how innovation happens in this field. Lndshark got in touch with me about a trauma kit and what he thought would be a good way to get it the on streets. We spent a lot of time talking over the past month or so and what you see here is the result of that discussion, combining his knowledge with ours. We're always open to good ideas and building what you guys need at a reasonable price.

Thanks again lndshark!

//Jake

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by OfficerSurvival; 03-15-2013 at 16:48..
OfficerSurvival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 16:49   #63
bccop

Quote:
Just bringing this back up to the top. I had taken a great interest in this after Morris started the thread. I was all set to order a basic officer kit from Jake at Officer Survival Initiative http://www.officersurvival.org/colle...patrol-aid-kit

but I wanted something a bit less bulky, or something that the folks I work with would actually carry. As many of us know, if it isn't "comfortable" or "convenient", many of our brothers and sisters won't even bother I had numerous discussions with Jake about this. First off, he was great to deal with. Excellent customer service. After a short while, Jake came up with the kit pictured below. In his opinion, it contains the absolute minimum without being too bulky. I work in a small town that's surrounded by rural farmlands...help isn't too far away, but we all know that when the SHTF, EMS won't enter a perimeter unless it's secure. Jake came up with a kit that fits in a pouch and will mount much like a BUG - on the vest, with either Velcro or through the vest straps.

Today I received the kit (two days after ordering it). I plan to take it work, show it to the management and other officers, and start carrying it ASAP. The URL for the kit is below:

http://www.officersurvival.org/colle...-mount-aid-kit

I'm not affiliated with Jake or Officer Survival Initiative but I'm absolutely satisfied with the materials they provided, the service and flexibility before the sale and the after-sales follow-up. These folks are truly dedicated and care about US. Two thumbs up in my book. Thanks Jake!

Cop Talk

Cop Talk
I like it. I am going to order one as well and see if I can convince our agency to buy it. Could you take a pic of the side profile so I can see how thick it is? What are the overall dimensions? Height, width, thickness? Even though Canada is a metric country I understand inches.

Archilochus, Greek Soldier and Poet, 650 BC
bccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 16:56   #64
OfficerSurvival
Silver Membership

Hey BC-

It's 5" x 6" and around 3/4" deep packed. The depth comes mostly from the SWAT-T. I'll see if we can get a profile shot if Lndshark doesn't have one.

//Jake

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 03-15-2013, 17:33   #65
bccop

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerSurvival View Post
Hey BC-

It's 5" x 6" and around 3/4" deep packed. The depth comes mostly from the SWAT-T. I'll see if we can get a profile shot if Lndshark doesn't have one.

//Jake
Thanks for the quick answer. I just sent you an e-mail as well.

Old 03-15-2013, 21:19   #66
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Dang Jake! That's slick. I may have to pick one up for T&E.

Reminds me, I have my Phokus review I need to finish and send off to you.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:20   #67
lndshark

@bccop: here you go, Sir. Hope these are what you're looking for.

Cop Talk

Cop Talk

If anyone wants more pics, just let me know. For now, it's sleepy time
Old 03-16-2013, 07:32   #68
OfficerSurvival
Silver Membership

Ooops. Apparently my wholly unscientific estimate of depth was a bit off. Thanks Lndshark.

//Jake

Old 03-17-2013, 07:28   #69
dudel

I have quikclot in all kits in all vehicles as well as the kit in my range bag.

Having your trauma kit at home makes just as much sense has leaving your weapon at home when you need it.
dudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:18   #70
dudel

Quote:
I was all set to order a basic officer kit from Jake at Officer Survival Initiative http://www.officersurvival.org/colle...patrol-aid-kit
Nice kit. Only thing I'd add would be a mouth barrier for CPR.
dudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 13:33   #71
OfficerSurvival
Silver Membership

Morris- I've got one set aside just for you when the temptation becomes too much. Shoot me a PM or an email and I'll set you up with agency pricing too. That goes for all the LEO's on CT. Just PM me with your agency and I'll give you the discount code to use online.

Dudel- This one would fit perfectly.

//Jake

Old 03-17-2013, 17:26   #72
bccop

Quote:
Morris- I've got one set aside just for you when the temptation becomes too much. Shoot me a PM or an email and I'll set you up with agency pricing too. That goes for all the LEO's on CT. Just PM me with your agency and I'll give you the discount code to use online.

Dudel- This one would fit perfectly.

//Jake
I wish I had looked around your website before I ordered 2 Concealed Armor Mount Aid Kits. I like the Kydex CAT Tourniquet Holster (that fits on a Safariland Leg Drop Holster or a duty belt). I have dropped 20 pounds since New Year and plan on losing another 20. Pretty soon I'm going to run out of room on my duty belt.

I will have to make another order sooner rather than later.

Old 03-17-2013, 17:35   #73
OfficerSurvival
Silver Membership

If you'd like to add it, go for it. Well ship it as one order. No extra shipping charge. Good job on the loss!

//Jake

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Old 03-17-2013, 22:25   #74
bccop

Quote:
If you'd like to add it, go for it. Well ship it as one order. No extra shipping charge. Good job on the loss!

//Jake

Would have been better not to have gained 40 pounds in the first place but thanks! Halfway there.

Old 03-18-2013, 04:42   #75
DoogieHowser
Eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudel View Post
Nice kit. Only thing I'd add would be a mouth barrier for CPR.
Don't bother, the best thing to do if you don't have a bvm is just compressions anyway.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:33   #76
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Call you later Jake.

The face shield you linked to was suggested by a First Aid trainer a couple of years ago in a training class. We used them and they showed success for the design.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:45   #77
lndshark

Quote:
Thank you very much for the kind words! It was a pleasure working with you as well and I look forward to your feedback after you slap it on and pack it around a bit.

This is a good example, by the way, of how innovation happens in this field. Lndshark got in touch with me about a trauma kit and what he thought would be a good way to get it the on streets. We spent a lot of time talking over the past month or so and what you see here is the result of that discussion, combining his knowledge with ours. We're always open to good ideas and building what you guys need at a reasonable price.

Thanks again lndshark!

//Jake
Thank YOU Jake! The knowledge really came from you; you know better than I do as far as what works and what is required. I wanted a kit that had the basics and was compact enough to carry...even by the "Mayberry Mindset" folks I work with.

I've carried the kit two nights now. Can't even tell it's there. I've got it strapped to my vest tucked under my left arm. When I go back to work I'll take some pictures of it on the vest. Got a meeting with the Chief later this week and I plan to show him and propose we furnish one to everyone, even Cadets.

Old 03-18-2013, 21:13   #78
r3dot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoogieHowser View Post
Don't bother, the best thing to do if you don't have a bvm is just compressions anyway.
yep..
r3dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 15:49   #79
pgg00

Just placed an order. Now the wait....

WiskyT :whistling:
There's nothing like the fact that you can take educated professionals with everything on the line and add a little booze and they act like juniors in HS.
pgg00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 18:32   #80
lndshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgg00 View Post
Just placed an order. Now the wait....
You won't wait long. WA to MI in two days for my order.