Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:24   #101
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
So Tuesday night we go to an IPSC/USPSA shooting match in Hellertown. Real nice gun club! Built at the bottom of a deep old stone quarry pit, and smack dab in the middle of a sprawling housing development full of large newer homes! (Like the last place in the world you’d expect to find an active and frequently used gun club!)

Anyway my wife and I don’t eat lunch; and, after the match, we were hungry. We were driving home through Nazareth when, all of a sudden, I see a Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant. I tell Jo, ‘Hey, they’re talking about that place on Glock Talk!’ She asks me what about; and I tell her, ‘Something about some guy with a gun who got into a fight with a manager and, then, got thrown out!’ As I turned into the parking lot, my wife says, ‘You’re not going in there; are you!’ When I answered in the affirmative; she protested, ‘But, we’re both armed, ‘to the teeth’!

I encouraged her to try the wings and have a beer; so in we went. Us and our guns stayed in there for the better part of an hour; and the waitress did nothing but fawn over us. She was so attentive that my wife left her a $10.00 tip! Know what? We didn’t have any kind of problem, at all, with, ‘Bdubs’ management. Them, us, our three pistols, and the 65 rounds of ammo we were collectively carrying - all got along just fine together.

The beer was good; but, then again, ‘Sam Adams’ is, ‘Sam Adams’. The wings? They were OK, too; but, truthfully, I get better at home. (The girl’s a gourmet cook! Taught her, myself.) Can’t understand, ‘Why’ the OP had a problem? Seems like a perfectly good (franchised) fast food operation to me.

The OP must have run into some sort of bizarre local policy against guns, or something. If anything I’d describe the atmosphere inside our local, ‘Bdubs’ as, 'sleepy'; but, then again, it was a Tuesday night!
Were you open carrying and drinking beer ?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by Mayhem like Me; 02-08-2013 at 06:24..
Mayhem like Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:05   #102
cgjane

Y'all are allowed to Open Carry and Conceal Carry where they serve alcohol?
Old 02-08-2013, 07:45   #103
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjane View Post
Yes... There's actually very few places here in Indiana that you cannot carry. Establishments where they sell/consume alcohol are no problem.

IGF
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:50   #104
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

This can easily also be another good cop thread...
Homegrown Terrorism
Beware Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:11   #105
badge315

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
Were you asked to pay for your food and/or drinks and if so did you?
At BW3, you order and pay for your food at the register first, then they bring it to your table.

Quote:
You can CC in restaurants where alcohol is served in Florida, you just can't sit at the bar.

- The Loc-Nar
badge315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:53   #106
racer88
NRA & SAF mbr

Quote:
Your profile indicates being in Miami (Florida, I assume).

In Florida, we can carry concealed into restaurants that serve alcohol. Just can't go into a dedicated bar or sit at the bar.
racer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:55   #107
racer88
NRA & SAF mbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by badge315 View Post
At BW3, you order and pay for your food at the register first, then they bring it to your table.
Not the case at any Buffalo Wild Wings I've been to. All of them are sit-down restaurants... order and pay at the table.
racer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 14:36   #108
HoldHard

From what I've read, BWW has a "No Guns" corporate policy so if it's a corporate store, the policy is followed. If it's a frachise store, then it's up to the owner. This causes a lot of confusion.

Ft. Wayne Indiana has a BWW with a "No Guns" sign on the door. There is an Outback restaurant in the same complex behind the movie theater. (Coventry at I-69 and US24).

Steak beats burnt chicken parts every time. The service is also much, much better.

HH
Old 02-08-2013, 18:17   #109
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
Were you open carrying and drinking beer ?
Huh?

This is just a wild guess on my part; but, you must be a, 'rocket scientist'.

Let me try to clear things up for ya: Pennsylvania state law allows guns to be carried in bars. Within reason, a person with a pistol and a LTCF can even, 'drink' while carrying. So, the first thing you need to do BEFORE making anymore wildass assumptions is to: (1) Actually read the post; (2) CLEARLY DEFINE YOUR TERMS; and (3) keep a civil tongue in your head until, at least, AFTER you know what you're talking about.

This means that you should define the term, 'drinking' before you start running your mouth. If you were to read more, and post less you'd realize that I couldn't possibly have been drinking.

(Unless, of course, you define the phrase, 'the better part of an hour' and one beer as, 'drinking'.)

You've been on this board for long enough to recognize me as a licensed gunman who is strongly opposed to what I consider to be highly inconsiderate open weapon carry among the general public. I, even, got recently taken to task and charged with, 'trolling' on this board by a cockeyed forum moderator who's argued this point with me many times. (He has his own brand of, 'truth' and doesn't like losing!)

Other than this I'm a heart patient; and my cardiologist would be very upset with me if he were to discover that I had suddenly started, 'drinking'. In fact we still have about a half dozen bottles of high quality liquor left over from our wedding; e.g.: Jack Daniels (Black Label), Chivas Regal, Tanqueray, some expensive vodka, and a very old bottle of Courvoisier Cognac.

(Know what? We were married more than 40 years ago!)

Last edited by Arc Angel; 02-08-2013 at 18:21..
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 18:29   #110
itstime

All and all a good story. I liked the managers stupidity in front of LEO and how. The officer handled it.

Now you know where not to spend money.
itstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 19:12   #111
cgjane

I stay away from Alcohol when I am carrying, Just in case.

I wouldn't want to be on the stand under cross examination being asked how many drinks I had before I had to defend myself.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:07   #112
Bill Lumberg
BTF Inventor

Sounds like a little embellishment on what was actually said. Don't carry where posted (apparently, in this case, the venue was not), and don't be mad if you look for attention and then get it.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:45   #113
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Huh?

This is just a wild guess on my part; but, you must be a, 'rocket scientist'.

Let me try to clear things up for ya: Pennsylvania state law allows guns to be carried in bars. Within reason, a person with a pistol and a LTCF can even, 'drink' while carrying. So, the first thing you need to do BEFORE making anymore wildass assumptions is to: (1) Actually read the post; (2) CLEARLY DEFINE YOUR TERMS; and (3) keep a civil tongue in your head until, at least, AFTER you know what you're talking about.

This means that you should define the term, 'drinking' before you start running your mouth. If you were to read more, and post less you'd realize that I couldn't possibly have been drinking.

(Unless, of course, you define the phrase, 'the better part of an hour' and one beer as, 'drinking'.)

You've been on this board for long enough to recognize me as a licensed gunman who is strongly opposed to what I consider to be highly inconsiderate open weapon carry among the general public. I, even, got recently taken to task and charged with, 'trolling' on this board by a cockeyed forum moderator who's argued this point with me many times. (He has his own brand of, 'truth' and doesn't like losing!)

Other than this I'm a heart patient; and my cardiologist would be very upset with me if he were to discover that I had suddenly started, 'drinking'. In fact we still have about a half dozen bottles of high quality liquor left over from our wedding; e.g.: Jack Daniels (Black Label), Chivas Regal, Tanqueray, some expensive vodka, and a very old bottle of Courvoisier Cognac.

(Know what? We were married more than 40 years ago!)
Nice ramble .

I was wondering what the point was.

You should try being direct.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:12   #114
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Quote:
Nice ramble .

I was wondering what the point was.

You should try being direct.
Hey! If you don't get it, you don't get it; but, it's not fair of you to take your mental obtusion or incompetence out on me. (Now, is that direct enough for you?)

PS: I can do better!

Last edited by Arc Angel; 02-09-2013 at 10:20..
Old 02-09-2013, 10:59   #115
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Hey! If you don't get it, you don't get it; but, it's not fair of you to take your mental obtusion or incompetence out on me. (Now, is that direct enough for you?)

PS: I can do better!
No you still don't get it and are only embarrassing yourself... I'm sure it doesn't look that way to you.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:45   #116
Ohio Copper

Quote:
No you still don't get it and are only embarrassing yourself... I'm sure it doesn't look that way to you.

Any prosecutor worth their salt would have a field day with a CCW permit holder drunk and carrying here let alone using your weapon in public with any amount of alcohol.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.15

And if you enjoy riding dirty:

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.16

Booze and guns don't mix I don't care how you swing your age, life experience or health.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 13:06   #117
Beretta92guy

does anyone remember the beginning of "Die Hard 3"??

where bruce willis was standing on the street in da' hood with a sandwich board that said "I HATE N (word)??

these open carry stories always remind me of that scene.........

was it legal?? yeah!! was it the best thing to do?? no!!
Beretta92guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 19:08   #118
G17gen3

I enjoyed the OP's post. Law abiding citizens need respect and be appreciated for what we bring to society. Especially those of us who CC. We are not a problem we are a plan B for an existing problem.
G17gen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 19:14   #119
porschedog

"Dubs" = W

NRA Life Member / Creepy-Ass Cracker
Florida Glockers #172126
porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:22   #120
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Quote:

Gee, that's funny! I was thinking the same thing about you. You know, between the two of us, you began this conversation by insinuating that I drank and carried a gun at the same time. Now you're accusing me of embarrassing myself.

You really left me little choice but to explain my behavior that evening. I didn't make a nasty insinuation about you. YOU did that to me! Then you feigned mental obtusion and pretended not to understand what you had done. Between the two of us I'd say that you're the one who has the most to be ashamed of; and, right now, you're being pretty adamant about it.

Tell ya what: Sooner or later we, all, answer for whatever each of us has done wrong. You'll answer for your mistakes; and I'll answer for mine. You baited me and forced me to defend myself; AND I'm sure that you damned well realize it, too.

If I were to allow this dialogue to continue, then (Who knows?) I might actually embarrass myself; but, I'm satisfied with the explanation you've forced me to make. Not only am I NOT a drinker; but I never have been a drinker - Not once in my entire life! Today, especially, 'drinking' would be a form of suicide for someone like me!

I'm going to end it now. If experience is a reliable guide, sooner or later, really clever fellows like you always end up outsmarting themselves. (Because life works like that!) So, I'm going to just let you go, and get on with your behaviors. One of these days you'll understand, 'What' I mean. THEN we'll see who's really embarrassed. A last word, though: You know what I find particularly ironic? Your screen name! Did you pick it out all by yourself?

Forget about the, 'embarrassment ploy'. You owe me an apology. It's just that you don't, yet, realize it.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:25   #121
SCmasterblaster

Has it ever been established if the OP guy was CCWing or OCing?
Old 02-10-2013, 12:30   #122
Bill Lumberg
BTF Inventor

I never saw anything to indicate whether he was sloppy or ignorant. Either way, lesson learned.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:32   #123
SCmasterblaster

Has it ever been established if the OP guy was CCWing or OCing?