Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:18   #61
Reyn
Times Up

Not all of their stores prohibit. It is up to the owner. BWW in Birmingham and Tuscaloosa AL is owned by a gun supporter who carries and has no problem with patrons who do.
Reyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:22   #62
poikilotrm

Congrats on encountering a decent cop. It is not a common occurence. The manager was pissed because you weren't psychic. That right there is pretty awesome.
poikilotrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:28   #63
kensb2
pistol n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalchmai View Post
What about the fear of being left looking like Beetle after Sarge was done with him? Have you not seen The Mayor?
I have yet to meet Okie in person, although I suppose that is a possibility someday. I live a few hours away from him. I can't say that I've ever seen him post a pic of himself here, either. I've only been on the boards for about 9 months, so I certainly could've missed it.
kensb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:06   #64
Knighj1

Am I the only one who noticed he dropped the f bomb and it was not blurred(I assume if you quote it is ok)?
Not trying to start anything, but I have none of others to get flagged for much less.
Knighj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:39   #65
Hauptmann6

Send a message via AIM to Hauptmann6 Send a message via MSN to Hauptmann6 Send a message via Yahoo to Hauptmann6
Quote:
Originally Posted by G36's Rule View Post

Though it would probably make more sense to call it by the correct name at the beginning.
Idon't think I've ever heard it called the correct name...
The only things that last forever
Are memories and sorrow
Hauptmann6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:20   #66
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poikilotrm View Post
Congrats on encountering a decent cop. It is not a common occurence. The manager was pissed because you weren't psychic. That right there is pretty awesome.
Personal opinion, or do you have some statistical reference?

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:26   #67
SC Tiger
Some say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajones06 View Post
Not angry at all.. And it was a handgun not a long gun. It's there lose of business there are plenty of places that are willing to take my money and not ask me to leave due to my choice to protect myself and my loved ones.
In SC you are not allowed to CC in a restaurant that serves alcohol. There was a push to get that changed but I don't know where it is right now. It is a true pain in the tail honestly.

Quote:
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.
SC Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:30   #68
SC Tiger
Some say...

Quote:
Most LEOs I know are good people. Sure there is the occasional jerk but that is true in all professions.

Quote:
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.
SC Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:45   #69
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajones06 View Post
Went to Bdubs last night an was waiting for my food to come when a manager approached me.
Were you asked to pay for your food and/or drinks and if so did you?
Old 02-04-2013, 11:48   #70
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
I assume that he does not need any statistical validation to ensure that he is not psychic.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:12   #71
Roering
Sorting nuts

There are places where you can open carry but not carry concealed. Seems backwards to me. Then again, a lot of laws pertaining to firearms are backwards in this Union.

Officer was probably called on to the scene.

Never buy vegan tacos from a chick with longer armpit hair than yourself. - Woofie
Roering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:19   #72
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

funny i carried my gun into buffalo wild wings last week. It was concealed. Open carry is so stupid
Old 02-04-2013, 12:22   #73
Chesafreak

That's (one of the reasons) why I prefer concealed vs open carry. In Virginia, the signs don't carry force of law unless I'm spotted and asked to leave and refuse (trespassing), so I conceal and ignore the signs. I go to BWW's occasionally and just snicker when I see the signs.
Chesafreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:26   #74
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagrat View Post
Sometimes, using discretion is best. OC, however legal, under the current climate is akin to saying "look at me everybody, I'm cool, I'm hip" I just hope you weren't wearing mall ninja duds as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagrat View Post
I agree. OC is just an attention getter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLWyandotte View Post
Open carry is one thing, but it just shows how the media has made people freak at the sight of guns. A criminal isn't going to calmly wear one on his hip.
Correct, Shagrat, some people do OC for the attention. Others do so for different reasons. You choose
concealed carry. Most people do. Others prefer open carry.

How one carries, when and where, those are personal decisions we all have to make.

Indiana is generally a very open carry friendly state. North Carolina not as much, although I have OCed there at several places in the Benson/Smithfield areas with no issues, no issues at all.

Right now, as GLWyandotte said, the media has everyone whipped into a frenzy about guns, so, yes, the "when and where" components of OC should be reevaluated on an individual basis by those who OC. For some, there'll be no changes. Others may need to temper their "when and where".

And, Indiana LE is, has been, more on our side of the fence than the antis. There are exceptions, of course.

gajones06's problem is how he was treated at BWW. Got any ideas on how to convince BWW corporate to abide by the laws of the states where a store operates instead of what a manager feels should be the law?

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:28   #75
cgjane

Just conceal and have your wings. I don't get OC. Really I don't. Must be a compensation thing to walk with your gun out.

If it was concealed how did the manager see it? Concealed is concealed. Imprinting and lazy concealment is the same as OC.

Last edited by cgjane; 02-04-2013 at 12:33..
cgjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:37   #76
RussP

Quote:
Check your PM Inbox...

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:38   #77
captainstormy

Send a message via ICQ to captainstormy Send a message via AIM to captainstormy Send a message via Yahoo to captainstormy
I'm not sure why people continue to be surprised about BW3's policies.

On every single gun board I read, I've seen a BW3's hates guns thread atleast once a month or so.
Old 02-04-2013, 13:01   #78
ancient_serpent

My local BWW has a "No Guns" sign (not the correct legal one) posted out front. Was going to get lunch about a month ago when I saw it, turned around and left. Called them up and spoke to the manager. He didn't really seem to care, but that isn't the point. While my $20 here and there may not hurt much, it will be going to their competitors and adds up over time.
ancient_serpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 13:11   #79
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Probably just has experience w/ the ones who post snide come backs on GT..

"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 13:14   #80
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
gajones06's problem is how he was treated at BWW. Got any ideas on how to convince BWW corporate to abide by the laws of the states where a store operates instead of what a manager feels should be the law?
See, this is my thing... You write BWW, and you complain about the manager (his attitude, swearing at you, etc..) because you know you're going to get nowhere complaining about the no gun policy (since they've pretty well stated that's the way it is, it's up to the manager)... "You were attempting to do as he requested so you could enjoy your meal, but he insisted on confronting you in front of the officer and swearing at you..."etc.

You change the manager, you might change the policy.

Glad I just cook at home..
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"

Last edited by IndyGunFreak; 02-04-2013 at 13:15..
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote