SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:37   #76
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
Personal opinion, or do you have some statistical reference?
Check your PM Inbox...

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:38   #77
captainstormy

Send a message via ICQ to captainstormy Send a message via AIM to captainstormy Send a message via Yahoo to captainstormy
I'm not sure why people continue to be surprised about BW3's policies.

On every single gun board I read, I've seen a BW3's hates guns thread atleast once a month or so.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:01   #78
ancient_serpent

My local BWW has a "No Guns" sign (not the correct legal one) posted out front. Was going to get lunch about a month ago when I saw it, turned around and left. Called them up and spoke to the manager. He didn't really seem to care, but that isn't the point. While my $20 here and there may not hurt much, it will be going to their competitors and adds up over time.
ancient_serpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:11   #79
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Probably just has experience w/ the ones who post snide come backs on GT..

The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:14   #80
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
gajones06's problem is how he was treated at BWW. Got any ideas on how to convince BWW corporate to abide by the laws of the states where a store operates instead of what a manager feels should be the law?
See, this is my thing... You write BWW, and you complain about the manager (his attitude, swearing at you, etc..) because you know you're going to get nowhere complaining about the no gun policy (since they've pretty well stated that's the way it is, it's up to the manager)... "You were attempting to do as he requested so you could enjoy your meal, but he insisted on confronting you in front of the officer and swearing at you..."etc.

You change the manager, you might change the policy.

Glad I just cook at home..
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack

Last edited by IndyGunFreak; 02-04-2013 at 12:15..
Old 02-04-2013, 17:04   #81
Deaf Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajones06 View Post
Went to Bdubs last night an was waiting for my food to come when a manager approached me. He asked if I was aware that it was a non-carry zone and asked me to either put it my car or leave. I calmly explained that I had not seen a sign anywhere or I would have never come in. As I am walking I out I see a Leo rolling up, manager must have thought I was going on a rampage, once outside I asked the manager where it was posted. This is where it gets good... He said "we don't have to post that." and became visibly upset. I told him he might want to so the next time a legal carrying citizen comes in they can see it and know. He let me know as loud as possible that "its my ****ing store and I will not allow anyone to have a gun and it is my decision to post a sign or not." at this point the cop is right behind me and before I can say a word he informed the manager the next time he calls the police on someone and there is no sign posted they will not send an officer." and "that some who is carrying legally shouldn't be treated like a criminal." at this point the manager walks back inside and the cop ended up apologizing to me for how I was treated. All in all buffalo wild wings will no longer get any of my business or anyone of my friends business.
Outstanding police officer! Look I'm all for good cops. I know they have a hard job and the pay isn't all that good. I'm impressed with this officer.

Sure wish you could send him a thank you!

I haven't seen a 30.06 sign at Buffalo Wild Wings here in Texas but if I do, then it's adios amigo! I'd never darken their door again.

Deaf
Old 02-04-2013, 17:20   #82
John Rambo
Raven

ccwhpt
John Rambo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 17:46   #83
RoyHinkley
Bonafide User

I ate at one once. Once.
The food, service, and poor beer selection were enough to keep me out from now on. If your in North Georgia then find a Taco Mac. Been going there since they just had one store. I don't even know what their carry policy is but the wings and beer selection are hard to beat.
Old 02-04-2013, 20:07   #84
poikilotrm

Quote:
Here ya go:

www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1366227
poikilotrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:20   #85
awoodpd13

Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead19 View Post
How did he know??

I assume you live in GA and I don't think GA is OC.
Open carry is legal for licensees in Georgia.
Old 02-06-2013, 13:17   #86
Lord

damn... I like their wings.... but I don't support businesses that don't support me.
Old 02-06-2013, 13:42   #87
rdbjr57

I was in Frankfort KY this week for a job intervew and decided on BW3 for supper (close to the hotel I stayed in.) Big bold lettters on the front door, "GUNS ARE BANNED FROM BUFFALO WILD WINGS!"

Since that sign carries no legal weight in KY I went in and had my supper. Actually the food and the service were both pretty good.
Old 02-06-2013, 14:49   #88
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdbjr57 View Post
I was in Frankfort KY this week for a job intervew and decided on BW3 for supper (close to the hotel I stayed in.) Big bold lettters on the front door, "GUNS ARE BANNED FROM BUFFALO WILD WINGS!"

Since that sign carries no legal weight in KY I went in and had my supper. Actually the food and the service were both pretty good.
The signs hold no weight here either, but the OP was advertising, I mean.. open carrying.

IGF
RIP Jack
Old 02-06-2013, 14:54   #89
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyGunFreak View Post
The signs hold no weight here either, but the OP was advertising, I mean.. open carrying.

IGF
And there was no sign...

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 15:48   #90
SCmasterblaster

One would think that if an owner objected to CCWing or OCing that there would be a notice posted.
Old 02-06-2013, 15:51   #91
dannym
Kill 'Em All

We go to Buffalo Wild Wings about 1 or 2 times a month. I CC so no one knows I'm carrying and there is no sign that says you cant carry in there...no 30.06 or 51% sign so CCW is allowed. just dont bring in any outside food or the manager will come visit your table for sure!
dannym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:56   #92
ca survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer11 View Post
The op should make a call to the owner of the business and explain the event to him and inform him how stupid his manager was acting.
right, if he is the manager, I'm sure he's not the owner.
ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 14:18   #93
jlavallee

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlenm View Post
Its actual b dub dubs.

B for buffalo, dub for wild and dubs for wings.
You know, I remember when we all used English. I miss those days.

Track bills in Congress and tell politicians your opinion. www.popvox.com
jlavallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 14:20   #94
jlavallee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdbjr57 View Post

Why support an establishment with such beliefs?

Track bills in Congress and tell politicians your opinion. www.popvox.com
jlavallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 20:09   #95
Jade Falcon
Go Blazers!

Please post a phone number. I'd love to call them and give them a piece of my mind.

Good for you, for the way you handled it, and good job by the Cop.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:28   #96
M1a65

BWW just lost another customer. I vote with my wallet when I want change too. I'll be calling the local store for the heck of it. Time to make our voices know, things are already out of hand as it is with demonizing gun owners...
M1a65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:43   #97
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
And there was no sign...
So had he been concealing, nobody would have been the wiser.
RIP Jack
Old 02-08-2013, 05:32   #98
Illini_Glock
USAF Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhikdavis View Post
Concealed means concealed.
Indeed. It's being done wrong if people know that one is carrying concealed.
Illini_Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:00   #99
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

So Tuesday night we go to an IPSC/USPSA shooting match in Hellertown. Real nice gun club! Built at the bottom of a deep old stone quarry pit, and smack dab in the middle of a sprawling housing development full of large newer homes! (Like the last place in the world you’d expect to find an active and frequently used gun club!)

Anyway my wife and I don’t eat lunch; and, after the match, we were hungry. We were driving home through Nazareth when, all of a sudden, I see a Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant. I tell Jo, ‘Hey, they’re talking about that place on Glock Talk!’ She asks me what about; and I tell her, ‘Something about some guy with a gun who got into a fight with a manager and, then, got thrown out!’ As I turned into the parking lot, my wife says, ‘You’re not going in there; are you!’ When I answered in the affirmative; she protested, ‘But, we’re both armed, ‘to the teeth’!

I encouraged her to try the wings and have a beer; so in we went. Us and our guns stayed in there for the better part of an hour; and the waitress did nothing but fawn over us. She was so attentive that my wife left her a $10.00 tip! Know what? We didn’t have any kind of problem, at all, with, ‘Bdubs’ management. Them, us, our three pistols, and the 65 rounds of ammo we were collectively carrying - all got along just fine together.

The beer was good; but, then again, ‘Sam Adams’ is, ‘Sam Adams’. The wings? They were OK, too; but, truthfully, I get better at home. (The girl’s a gourmet cook! Taught her, myself.) Can’t understand, ‘Why’ the OP had a problem? Seems like a perfectly good (franchised) fast food operation to me.

The OP must have run into some sort of bizarre local policy against guns, or something. If anything I’d describe the atmosphere inside our local, ‘Bdubs’ as, 'sleepy'; but, then again, it was a Tuesday night!

Last edited by Arc Angel; 02-08-2013 at 06:09..
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:23   #100
Ohio Copper

I've carried either a glock 22 or a glock 27 nearly everyday for 4 years.

I have never once been called out as being armed. Nobody pays attention to it. My girlfriend had no idea I was even armed until our fourth or fifth date, when she saw it as I took my fleece off in my house. Now, two years later, she won't let me leave the house without it.

Concealment is necessary.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote