Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-02-2013, 15:11   #1
BCG71

Striker spring replacement in G29

I just got my recoil calibration pack for my 1 month old G29SF from Wolff today. Along with the three different weighted recoil spring sets and a new steel guide rod set, there was a factory weight striker spring packaged with each set of springs.

Are there any advantages/disadvantages to swapping out the factory striker spring with the Wolff? Will it alter the feel of the trigger even though it is a "factory weight" replacement? I have heard that changing the striker spring can change the weight and feel of the trigger pull, even when the aftermarket part is "factory" weight.

I only ask this because this gun has only 600 rounds run through it and I am very comfortable with how this gun's trigger feels. Plus, I don't like changing internal springs unless there is an actual problem. My stock Gen2 G19 with all original parts is still working just fine for 20 years now.

I will also add that I am only increasing the weight in the recoil assembly to help prolong the life of the frame since my intention is to only fire full power ammo through it. Recoil is not an issue as far as controlability goes. The slide is slamming back a little too hard for my liking with the hot stuff I am getting from Underwood. I know it is more expensive to do so, but I always practice with what I carry...always have, always will.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
BCG71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 16:20   #2
Taterhead
Counting Beans

Your gun is currently running right with the striker spring that is in it. So I think you've answered your question. I have one of those replacements from Wolff too, but it is still in my baggy of spare parts. It's been there for years.

If you wanted to do a swap, it couldn't hurt. If you like it, keep it. Otherwise switch it back to the setup you have now. But I think leaving things alone, that are working right, is the prudent approach.
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 00:52   #3
10 fan
10 fan

I have the same kit for my 20 &29.They recommend as well as Glock to change it out every 3000 rounds.They are a direct replacement by wolff.
10 fan is offline   Reply With Quote