Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-30-2013, 19:59   #1
Pete7072

Judiciary Chair Rejects Assault Weapons Ban

Just the start of the battle, but keep calling, writing and e-mailing. This also goes for your state governments also.

http://blog.sfgate.com/nov05election...t-weapons-ban/
Pete7072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 21:05   #2
SJ 40

The rebuffed California Democrat plans to hold her own hearing in her Judiciary subcommittee on her legislation,

She's going to take her toys and go play by herself. SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 21:19   #3
WinterWizard

This is all smoke and mirrors by Obama. Tell Biden to devise some empty executive "directives." Let the hogs run wild by letting Feinstein fail with a new AWB. And in 6 months, when everything has blown over, politically, he can say he did something.

But anyone with a brain knows that if this AWB passed and actually went into effect, it would cripple a huge industry and irrevocably harm the economy. Why do you think the auto industry was bailed out, and the banks? Because if a large industry goes under, the economy could collapse.

I would say the president has no intention of letting any gun ban happening, unless he wants to end this country.
WinterWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 21:58   #4
Stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWizard View Post
This is all smoke and mirrors by Obama. Tell Biden to devise some empty executive "directives." Let the hogs run wild by letting Feinstein fail with a new AWB. And in 6 months, when everything has blown over, politically, he can say he did something.

But anyone with a brain knows that if this AWB passed and actually went into effect, it would cripple a huge industry and irrevocably harm the economy. Why do you think the auto industry was bailed out, and the banks? Because if a large industry goes under, the economy could collapse.

I would say the president has no intention of letting any gun ban happening, unless he wants to end this country.

The whole civilian firearm industry is a 10 billion in size about what Exxon does in a day. It is tiny and unimportant to the whole economy.
Stupid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 21:58   #5
SJ 40

Quote:

In my mind that is his ultimate goal. SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 22:38   #6
WinterWizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid View Post
The whole civilian firearm industry is a 10 billion in size about what Exxon does in a day. It is tiny and unimportant to the whole economy.
It would put many companies out of business and probably tens of thousands of people out of work overnight. It you don't think that would hurt an already ailing economy, well, go on back to sleep.

Last edited by WinterWizard; 01-30-2013 at 22:39..
Old 01-30-2013, 23:07   #7
GLJones

Send a message via AIM to GLJones
Don't forget the thousands of gun shops and their employees. Most industries support many more people than just those in that specific industry (gun manufacturers in this case). Remember all the trainers, accessory makers, ranges, and many more. Shutting down guns means tens of thousands of unemployed, maybe 100s of thousands.
Niner #105
Big Dog #1004
Glock 26,30,36 and AR15
GLJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 23:10   #8
GunHo198

I'm sure they will all get great jobs at Walmart!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 01-31-2013, 00:10   #9
WinterWizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLJones View Post
Don't forget the thousands of gun shops and their employees. Most industries support many more people than just those in that specific industry (gun manufacturers in this case). Remember all the trainers, accessory makers, ranges, and many more. Shutting down guns means tens of thousands of unemployed, maybe 100s of thousands.
Exactly.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:16   #10
railfancwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunHo198 View Post
I'm sure they will all get great jobs at Walmart!
Maybe not... Walmart will also lose its firearms and ammunition business.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 01-31-2013, 06:14   #11
jeanderson
Platinum Membership
Toga!... Toga!

Quote:
I would say that is his goal. Outside of the gun banning issue, I can think of no motives behind his behavior other than to destroy the country.
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution."
- John Adams
jeanderson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 18:09   #12
Jerry

Quote:
It would put many companies out of business and probably tens of thousands of people out of work overnight. It you don't think that would hurt an already ailing economy, well, go on back to sleep.
What do you think Bari's ultimate goal is? Could it be, get vast numbers dependent on the government? Could it be class warfare? Could it be getting government control over as many corporations as possible? Fascism?

When people compare him to Hitler they are labeled nut-jobs. Do a little history research on Hitler then compare it to Bari's. Don't believe the nut-jobs research for yourself.
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 01-31-2013 at 18:11..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote