Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-31-2013, 19:39   #21
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

I got a warning notice. Y'all are on your own.
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:42   #22
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Are you for real? I suppose he used the tire-iron too.

Boy has the educational system failed. Make up definitions to fit one's emotional beliefs.

After reading the "real" definitions please show me how "had/have" = "used".

Definition of USE
a : the act or practice of employing something
b : the fact or state of being used
c : a method or manner of employing or applying something

Definition of HAVE
a : to hold or maintain as a possession, privilege, or entitlement
b : to hold in one's use, service, regard, or at one's disposal

To use it one must have it. To have it doesn't not mean one used/uses it.
I don't believe he fired the rifle, in short.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Beware Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:19   #23
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware Owner View Post
Medical examiner: all Sandy Hook victims died of multiple gunshot wounds

Quote:
NEWTOWN, Conn.--Dr. H. Wayne Carver, the medical examiner investigating Friday's massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School, said autopsies completed on 20 children and six adults on Saturday showed they were killed with multiple bullets fired by a rifle at close range.
Reliving Horror and Faint Hope at Massacre Site
Quote:
Most of the bodies were found in the classroom next door, where, Detective Frank recalled, “the teacher had them huddled up like a mother hen — simple as that, in a corner.”

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 15:07   #24
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

[QUOTE=RussP;19937236]Medical examiner: all Sandy Hook victims died of multiple gunshot wounds

Isn't that King Kong Bundy?

Old 02-01-2013, 16:08   #25
Jerry

Quote:
Good deal!
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 16:26   #26
countrygun

Quote:
Used in Sandy Hook to me means that he had them, not that he actually fired it.
I went on a date once with a girl and didn't get her in the sack, can I claim I used my Johnson, even if I never took it out, just because I had it with me?

Last edited by countrygun; 02-01-2013 at 16:27..
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 16:28   #27
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

Did any witness say they heard gunshots?

Old 02-01-2013, 16:58   #28
RussP

Quote:
Some of the children interviewed as they were leaving the school said they did.

Last edited by RussP; 02-01-2013 at 16:59..
Old 02-01-2013, 17:17   #29
countrygun

Quote:
Seriously?
Old 02-01-2013, 18:30   #30
RussP

Quote:
Then there were the arriving police officers.
Quote:
Reliving Horror and Faint Hope at Massacre Site

“I got out of the car and grabbed my rifle and it stopped for second,” Officer Chapman said. “But then we heard more popping. You could tell it was rifle fire. And it was up so close, it sounded like it was coming from outside. So we were all looking around for someone to shoot back at.”

As the officers converged on the building, the gunfire stopped again.

Old 02-01-2013, 21:07   #31
bobtheelf

Quote:
I'll tell you what is very strange about that. I saw with my very own eyes, and I'll bet money no one can find it anywhere now, on a local news broadcaster, video of someone taking an AR out of "A CAR TRUNK". That was one of the things mentions on the radio conspiracy theory broadcast that I listened to the other night. Now you see it, now you don't. Very strange how things get "rearranged" to fit the gun-banners agenda isn't it? But then I'm probably just and I didn't really see what I thought I saw.
If you actually saw the video you'd have seen when they cleared the weapon it could not have been an AR. The charging handle was on the side, not on the top.
bobtheelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 22:09   #32
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtheelf View Post
If you actually saw the video you'd have seen when they cleared the weapon it could not have been an AR. The charging handle was on the side, not on the top.
So you are going to tell me what I did and didn't see. I know very well what an AR looks like. It WAS an AR. They did not show it being cleared. The cop took it out of a trunk, turned it ejection port down then they went back to the in-studio reporter who reported, "An assault weapoc and a shotgun were recovered from the shooters vehicle." I changed the channel.
BIG DAWG #4

Last edited by Jerry; 02-01-2013 at 22:25..
Old 02-01-2013, 22:21   #33
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtheelf View Post
Not top, back.
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:40   #34
RussP

Quote:
So you are going to tell me what I did and didn't see. I know very well what an AR looks like. It WAS an AR. They did not show it being cleared. The cop took it out of a trunk, turned it ejection port down then they went back to the in-studio reporter who reported, "An assault weapoc and a shotgun were recovered from the shooters vehicle." I changed the channel.
So you went from the SciFi channel to the Believe it or Not channel??!!

I AM SO SORRY, Jerry...

BUT, I had too. The door was just TOOOOOO big!

Old 02-02-2013, 17:01   #35
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
So you went from the SciFi channel to the Believe it or Not channel??!!

I AM SO SORRY, Jerry...

BUT, I had too. The door was just TOOOOOO big!

The SciFi chanel... would that be ABC, NBC, CNBC or MSNBC? It's all so confuesing.
BIG DAWG #4

Old 02-02-2013, 18:42   #36
Glock_Convert

So on fox news today, they have a story about Obama skeet sooting with a "rifle". Ole Barack must be badass if he can skeet shoot with a rifle...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
Glock_Convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 21:27   #37
RussP

Quote:
The SciFi chanel... would that be ABC, NBC, CNBC or MSNBC?
Yes.
Quote:
It's all so confuesing.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:37   #38
bobtheelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretefuzzynuts View Post
Not top, back.
To be precise, the back of the top. Not the side, either way.
bobtheelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:07   #39
Torontogunguy

Well done. BUT, assault weapons, in my humble opinion, have nothing to do with looks. It is simple enough. If it has the ability to hang a bayonet or grenade launcher on it, or if it, MORE SUCCINCTLY AND TO THE POINT, has select fire (full automatic fire), it can be classed as an assault weapon. So too is any firearm that has been converted to select fire or has had a slide-stock or bump-fire stock installed. Feinstein, in 1994, helped choose 'assault weapons' for the list by looking at photographs it seems. Scarey=Assault Weapon. A grip or foregrip does not an assault weapon make. What we need to do is print up some posters that specify what an assault weapon is and we need to post them all over the internet and to every major news outlet in the land. Let's educate them! How about.... the murder rate in the USA before, during and after the assault weapon ban? THAT would be an eyeopener.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock_Convert View Post
I just sent the following to fox news.com after reading their headline story this morning. I strongly encourage you all to do likewise when the media spews inaccuracies that hurt informed discussion. If more people understood that the antis, with the willing or ignorant support of the media, are being sneaky here by calling semi auto rifles "assault weapons" and that what they really mean by "assault weapon" is "all firearms", maybe the antis could get shut down faster.

To: foxnewstips@foxnews.com

Subject: Error in today's foxnews.com headline story

Good morning, there is a significant error in your online headline story this morning entitled “NRA's LaPierre to tell Congress more gun laws 'not a serious solution'.

The seventh paragraph states “a lone gunman with psychological problems used an assault weapon...”

Assault Weapons are already banned in Connecticut and the firearm used by Adam Lanza was NOT AN ASSAULT WEAPON.* It was a semi-automatic rifle that was legal under both CT’s current assault weapon ban and the expired federal assault weapon ban.* In fact, the only “military features” it possessed were a pistol grip and a detachable magazine

Continuing to misidentify these firearms in stories misleads the public and is poor reporting.* People need to understand that if they want to ban weapons like the one used in the Sandy Hook killing, what they are really talking about is banning ALL semiautomatic rifles, because the one used at Sandy Hook was functionally no different from any other medium caliber semiautomatic rifle.*
There's no such thing as too much training or too much practice....
Torontogunguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:58   #40
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torontogunguy View Post
Well done. BUT, assault weapons, in my humble opinion, have nothing to do with looks. It is simple enough. If it has the ability to hang a bayonet or grenade launcher on it, or if it, MORE SUCCINCTLY AND TO THE POINT, has select fire (full automatic fire), it can be classed as an assault weapon.

Bullshirts. I have a Springfield '03 I can hang a bayonet on, is it an "assault rifle"? BY THE WAY on your "Full Auto" portion do you really think An M-2 .50 is an assault weapon you could carry into a mall and open fire with?

So too is any firearm that has been converted to select fire or has had a slide-stock or bump-fire stock installed. Feinstein, in 1994, helped choose 'assault weapons' for the list by looking at photographs it seems. Scarey=Assault Weapon. A grip or foregrip does not an assault weapon make. What we need to do is print up some posters that specify what an assault weapon is and we need to post them all over the internet and to every major news outlet in the land. Let's educate them! How about.... the murder rate in the USA before, during and after the assault weapon ban? THAT would be an eyeopener.

I have serious doubts about who's side you are on in this.

Remember "assault" is a verb not a noun. It is not in our best interest to define an act and link in to a particular set of characteristics of the tools. BESIDES all of that, any firearm can be used to "assault" someone and despite what you see in the headlines, the characteristics you have singled out are present in very few of the firearms used in crime as a whole in this Country so it isn't even logical to pursue that course, and the weapons would still be deadly without the lugs.

AND ON TOP OF THAT we are not going to throw anymore "types" of guns under the bus to appease those who have never stopped in their attempts to ban all guns.

AS IF THAT Weren't enough, take a look at the Second Amendment, does it say a "Well regulated deer camp being necessary.."? No it doesn't, it says "Militia" In case you don't know that is a MILITARY based term. The very guns the Founders were protecting WERE military useful weapons. To throw more of them under the bus is to undermine the intention of the Second Amendment and thereby someday it can be called "Void" because of the very lack of "military useful" weapons to raise a militia

Keep the bright ideas to yourself

Last edited by countrygun; 02-03-2013 at 14:10..