SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:53   #1
void *
Dereference Me!

Around about March of 1994 ...

... there was an 18 year old on delayed enlistment into the USAF at a Greyhound bus station in (I think, but I could be remembering wrong) San Bernardino, CA on his way to be processed through MEPS in San Diego.

He was accosted by a drug dealer who tried to sell him a $5 bag of marijuana, and when the soon-to-be-airman refused, switched to attempting to get a $5 donation, and would not stop.

Two U.S. Marines in uniform (a dress-type of uniform, but I'm not going to try to name it because I'll probably mess it up) stepped in and basically told this drug dealer to piss off in no uncertain terms - and the drug dealer did so.

I have always appreciated that - and I wanted to get it down in writing that my entry into the USAF will always be marked by my memory of some needed assistance by two happening-to-pass-by U.S. Marines.

Thank you, wherever you gentleman may be today.
"The human mind is seldom satisfied, and is not justifiable by any natural process whatsoever, as regards geometry, our universe differs only slightly from a long-term, bi-directional, single trait selection experiment." -- Maxwell/Einstein/Johansson
void * is offline   Reply With Quote