Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-29-2013, 18:36   #1
Restless28

Wild Oregano Oil?

I just heard Cass Ingram on a local radio show touting natural medicine and lambasting the flu vaccine.

He spent a lot of time on wild oregano oil, claiming it was nature's wonder drug. He said that it's an excellent cold and flu medicine and a digestion aid.

I went to Amazon and the reviews on the oil were amazing, regardless of the manufacturer.

So, is anyone here using the oil?
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 19:03   #2
tadbart
duuuuude.

take that, and some garlic, and you too can smell like a pizzeria.

G19
pointy stick
sharp wit
tadbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 19:05   #3
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

I use it no sinus issues since starting. I have not had a cold in I can't remember how long decades.
Old 01-29-2013, 19:13   #4
OlliesRevenge

I use oregano oil when I'm sick... 20 - 30 drops into some Sambuca or other elderberry syrup. I have found it to have a almost immediate effect on clearing chest congestion. It is anti viral and anti bacterial.

The flu vaccine doesn't make sense to me. If you are young and healthy, you don't need it because you are not in danger of dying from the flu. If you are old, or have an otherwise compromised immune system, then you are not going to get the immunological response from the vaccine that is necessary to build immunity. Thus, the flu vaccine doesn't work well on the people who need it the most. And the people that it actually has a chance of working on, don't really need it in the first place.

Don't forget to take a couple thousand IU of vitamin D daily while you're at it.

Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.
~Henry David Thoreau

Remember always: The government is not the country!
OlliesRevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 19:45   #5
Dubble-Tapper

its true. my GF swears by it. she takes it for various reasons, she turned me on to it when ever i have sinus issues or colds or anything.
Dubble-Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 19:49   #6
Foxterriermom

I've got a couple of friends that recommend oil of oregano for just about everything that ails you. I've got a bottle in the cupboard but haven't really used it for much.
Foxterriermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 20:11   #7
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
I just heard Cass Ingram on a local radio show touting natural medicine and lambasting the flu vaccine.

He spent a lot of time on wild oregano oil, claiming it was nature's wonder drug. He said that it's an excellent cold and flu medicine and a digestion aid.

I went to Amazon and the reviews on the oil were amazing, regardless of the manufacturer.

So, is anyone here using the oil?
It is allegedly an antiviral. Though, I haven't really noticed any benefits from it. If you get it, do yourself a favor, and get it in caplet form from a health food store. DO NOT get the droplets and drink them. The stuff is caustic. You and your stomach will regret it.

While we are on natural remedies, a liver detox that is actually used for chemo patients, because of how hard it is on the liver is Milk Thistle. But, don't take it if you are allergic to rag weed.

You want to bring your liver enzymes down, take some Milk Thistle once a day. It will do the trick, and that one has actually had scientific studies done.
Old 01-29-2013, 20:32   #8
bwphoto
Lifetime Membership

Yes and have only good things to say about it. Personally I prefer the liquid. Get the most potent variety you can find and take a couple drops daily under the tongue. You'll quickly get used to it. With the pill form, I felt like my burps tasted like (and reeked of) oregano all day long.
bwphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 22:51   #9
jsg34
Blade Runner

I posted about oil of oregano once before. I am not into home remedies whatsoever but I was getting strep at least once a year. The last time I got it, the usual Amoxil didn't do the trick. My doc informed me that I was becoming resistant and stepped me up to a much more powerful antibiotic, while cautioning me that I could have serious problems in the future if I start becoming resistant to the more powerful antibiotics. As I was leaving the office, he told me about oil of oregano and joked that he was probably kissing money goodbye. The next time I felt the strep coming on, I bought a bottle of oil of oregano from Whole Foods. Took about 5 drops. It burned my throat and tasted horrible. I held out for about 30-45 seconds before I downed some orange juice, which immediately neutralizes the taste. I did it again in a few hours and bam, no strep. I've not had strep in 5 years now, as long as I use oil of oregano at the first signs. I'm quite used to it by now. I don't even bother with the orange juice. I am totally sold, as are all the people I turned onto this remedy. Good luck.

J
jsg34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:35   #10
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadbart View Post
take that, and some garlic, and you too can smell like a pizzeria.
Ehhh, Luigi!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
I use it no sinus issues since starting. I have not had a cold in I can't remember how long decades.
How many young children do you have in your home?

I find, over my life, the # of colds is directly proportional to the interactions I have. Kids are the worst.

Honestly, it's a placebo. It cures colds. I don't get strep. It cures cancer! It repaved my driveway! My dog doesn't poop anymore! It assassinated Kim Jong Ill!!!!!

The minimal scientific testing is mixed, at best. But if it works for you, vaya con Dios.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:41   #11
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis in MA View Post
Ehhh, Luigi!!!!!!

How many young children do you have in your home?

I find, over my life, the # of colds is directly proportional to the interactions I have. Kids are the worst.

Honestly, it's a placebo. It cures colds. I don't get strep. It cures cancer! It repaved my driveway! My dog doesn't poop anymore! It assassinated Kim Jong Ill!!!!!

The minimal scientific testing is mixed, at best. But if it works for you, vaya con Dios.
My wifes a teacher, she gets colds all the time I have a middle schooler, it's not a placebo at all.

I also take the teaspoon of ACV in warm water each day as well.

many organics have healing properties.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:29   #12
airmotive
Tin Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
It's great for colds but I hear it's hell on sentence structure.

I keed....I keed.

Another cure-all-of-the-week.
<yawn>

Don't stick your fingers in your nose/eyes/mouth...you will also find you rarely catch colds.
The difference?
My method is backed by peer-reviewed science.

Last edited by airmotive; 01-30-2013 at 10:32..
airmotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 18:37   #13
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

I can ask my homeopathic physician about this.
Glock20 10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 19:15   #14
Adjuster

I use oregano when I cook so I'm good.

/
Adjuster is offline   Reply With Quote