Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-09-2013, 23:28   #101
Lior
GUNS=FREEDOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fed View Post
Lior - I researched Israel gun laws as part of my backup plan in case significant gun control ever gets passed here. I'm retired and fortunate to have health insurance that's good anywhere in the world.

I dismissed your country for two reasons - I would need to live in Israel for FIVE years before I was eligible to apply for a permit to carry a gun, and they issue permits only if you live in Gaza or (I forgot) the other area where the government says it's dangerous. That's means the other areas are all gun-free zones. Not my cup of tea.
Sir, the minimum time is three years of residency. I do not live in a "dangerous zone" (frontier towns) and own four guns, two of which I carry. But it's true, Israel's government cracks down on legal civilian gun ownership harder than it does on rocket ownership by its enemies.
Rust and bureaucrats. Freedom and vigilance. Front sight and trigger. Kindness and firepower. Situational awareness and tolerance. Safety and concealment. Taxes and allegiance. Love of man and surgical marksmanship. Once a soldier, always a soldier.
Lior is online now   Reply With Quote