Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:44   #1
SJ 40

Senate Dems face dilemma over push for assault-weapons ban

Senate Democrats are facing a major dilemma on how hard they should push for an assault weapons ban, a sensitive topic for vulnerable centrists who are running for reelection next year.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/2...e-gun-dilemma-

I don't trust any of it until all of these schemes are defeated, if you haven't contacted your representatives do so.
Keep the Heat on them. SJ 40
SJ 40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 13:52   #2
Bren
NRA Life Member

A few of them need to go down to keep the lesson working. Even if we win, the ones on the anti-gun side need to be remembered at election time.

An amusing story I saw yesterday:
Ad attacks McConnell on gun control

Apparently they spent $27,000 for ads attacking a REPUBLICAN Senator from KENTUCKY for being too PRO-GUN. You can't make up crap like that.

It was reported in the local news and one the first comment I saw was, "why didn't they just send the $27,000 directly to his reelection campaign." I can't imagine any advertising that could help a Republican from Kentucky more than DC based anti-gunners complaining that he's too pro-gun. May be an insight into how dumb these people really are.
Old 02-06-2013, 14:14   #3
SJ 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
A few of them need to go down to keep the lesson working. Even if we win, the ones on the anti-gun side need to be remembered at election time.

An amusing story I saw yesterday:
Ad attacks McConnell on gun control

Apparently they spent $27,000 for ads attacking a REPUBLICAN Senator from KENTUCKY for being too PRO-GUN. You can't make up crap like that.

It was reported in the local news and one the first comment I saw was, "why didn't they just send the $27,000 directly to his reelection campaign." I can't imagine any advertising that could help a Republican from Kentucky more than DC based anti-gunners complaining that he's too pro-gun. May be an insight into how dumb these people really are.
I got the thought that he was on the side of Freedom and the Constitution. The more of there money they waste on that the better. SJ 40
Old 02-06-2013, 14:33   #4
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ 40 View Post
I got the thought that he was on the side of Freedom and the Constitution. The more of there money they waste on that the better. SJ 40
Yep, that article is a win for McConnell. He has been criticized as too liberal by some, so this could be a serious benefit. Our other Senator is Ron Paul's son, Rand.
Old 02-06-2013, 14:40   #5
Jerry

In a way I wish some tiny "almost" insignificant thing (can't think of what it could be) would slip through and come next election EVERYONE that voted for it gets voted out. Seems they need another... a GOOD LESSON so it will sink in REALLY WELL. Mess with out rights.... loose you job.
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 02-06-2013 at 16:08..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 15:53   #6
F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
In a way I wish some tiny "almost" insignificant thing (can't think of what it could be) would slip threw and come next election EVERYONE that voted for it gets voted out. Seems they need another... a GOOD LESSON so it will sink in [b]REALLY WELL[/b]. Mess with out rights.... loose you job.
Get a bunch of people together at a rally for one of those supporting the AWB; have a bucket of tar, a bag of feathers and a rail
F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 16:10   #7
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350 View Post
Get a bunch of people together at a rally for one of those supporting the AWB; have a bucket of tar, a bag of feathers and a rail
Aaahhhhh... a bucket of HOT tar a bag a feathers and a rail.... How I yearn for the old days.
BIG DAWG #4

Last edited by Jerry; 02-06-2013 at 16:15..
Old 02-06-2013, 18:39   #8
SJ 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Yep, that article is a win for McConnell. He has been criticized as too liberal by some, so this could be a serious benefit. Our other Senator is Ron Paul's son, Rand.
You folks in Ky. have two of the best and we have Leaky Leahy and Bernie Sanders the Communist,two of the Worst. SJ 40
Old 02-06-2013, 19:31   #9
Jerry

Quote:
You folks in Ky. have two of the best and we have Leaky Leahy and Bernie Sanders the Communist,two of the Worst. SJ 40
Don't forget Senator Bob Vitter (helped pass CCW in LA.) and Senator Steve Scalise. Pro gun to the core. But then we have Mary Landrieu. You never know which way she's going.
BIG DAWG #4

Old 02-06-2013, 19:36   #10
SJ 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Don't forget Senator Bob Vitter (helped pass CCW in LA.) and Senator Steve Scalise. Pro gun to the core. But then we have Mary Landrieu. You never know which way she's going.
Jerry
You are correct there are a few good ones but Darn the Bad ones are more numerous.
SJ 40
Old 02-06-2013, 19:42   #11
Jerry

Quote:
Jerry
You are correct there are a few good ones but Darn the Bad ones are more numerous.
SJ 40
Yah... and ain't that a kick in the head.
BIG DAWG #4