SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-29-2013, 14:20   #101
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeere_man View Post
So you think it is acceptable for a person who is getting (or has) a PhD to author a fictitious article?
I can't speak for Emory specifically, but I'm sure there are many schools within "institutions of higher learning" that would CELEBRATE one of their own fabricating data or narratives in support of "the cause" -- case in point, all the myriad climate change "researchers" who cook data to support their presuppositions.

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 14:33   #102
jdeere_man
CLM Number 26
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post
I can't speak for Emory specifically, but I'm sure there are many schools within "institutions of higher learning" that would CELEBRATE one of their own fabricating data or narratives in support of "the cause" -- case in point, all the myriad climate change "researchers" who cook data to support their presuppositions.

Unfortunately I know you're right.
Old 01-29-2013, 14:37   #103
SC Tiger
Shaved Ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye16 View Post
Kept his gun in a separate room, unlocked and unloaded in case of break in? What an idiot.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Near the door, no less.

In the words of Hannibal Smith on "The A Team" (the movie) - "Money can't by guts or brains, and [he] is short on both."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoking View Post
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.
SC Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 18:09   #104
GWG19

This guy is BS.
- If you’re not moving, you’re dead.

Last edited by GWG19; 01-29-2013 at 18:19..
GWG19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 18:35   #105
raxar
Golliwog

If seeing somebody run away makes him puke what's his reaction going to be when someone breaks in, rapes the girlfriend and then beats him about the head for a while?

Doing nothing is a choice....
raxar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 18:49   #106
grg3d

Sorry.....the only thing I will have to do is take off the safety...and I don't have to get out of bed to do so....

"Around here, we consider a car jacking to be a suicide."
grg3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 19:15   #107
vikingsoftpaw

All the well he gave them up. He fumbled too much when he needed to bring a weapon into action.

As it is said, "If you do not train, do not complain, when death comes calling."

"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine
vikingsoftpaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 19:24   #108
leVieux

Great job of jerking the lib-tards around by telling them what they want to hear.

I'd bet that the writer is sitting behind a bunch or AR's and enjoying a cocktail while chuckling over how he sucker'ed them in on this ridiculous pile of fictions !
leVieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 19:39   #109
J_P

What a load of B.S.!! Fake Story.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
J_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 20:20   #110
RenoF250

Everyone knows loading a shotgun makes you poop your pants not puke. What an idiot.
RenoF250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 20:21   #111
RenoF250

Quote:
Originally Posted by raxar View Post
If seeing somebody run away makes him puke what's his reaction going to be when someone breaks in, rapes the girlfriend and then beats him about the head for a while?
He has to worry about his "girlfriend" being raped about as much as he has to worry about his "guns" being stolen. He does not have and never had either.
RenoF250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 21:16   #112
VinnieG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
Near the door, no less.

In the words of Hannibal Smith on "The A Team" (the movie) - "Money can't by guts or brains, and [he] is short on both."
Nice bro

Last edited by VinnieG; 01-29-2013 at 21:17..
VinnieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 21:20   #113
Z71bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrGlock View Post
I own guns, BUT...

Some of my best friends are black...

Same thing.
Some of my best guns are black.
Z71bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 21:22   #114
tat2guy
Silver Membership
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post

IIRC, Emory is where Mchael Bellisiles was teaching when he fabricated his book "Arming America", which won him a Bancroft award... which he later had to give back, and then got fired, even from Emory.

Originally Posted by bjman
Mark my words...there will be NO Assault weapons ban introduced under Obama.
tat2guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 21:27   #115
Z71bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
It does point out an issue with a standard pump shotgun (think Remington 870 or Mossberg 500/590 series) as a home defense weapon. If you don't want to keep it loaded, it is a little difficult to load quickly. Of course if you practice

I've always been more comfortable with keeping a handgun loaded since I can drop the mag, rack the slide and it is empty. A revolver - swing out the cylinder and dump out the ammo. Not sure why but I've always been that way.

Does anyone make a detachable-magazine-fed pump shotgun?
I make sure my 870 is unloaded - close the action - load 6 shells in the magazine tube - pull the trigger on the empty chamber - put it in the safe.

If I need it in a hurry all I need to do is pump the action - no buttons to push - no safety to mess with.

IMHO this is a fine way to store your HD shotgun -

YMMV.
Old 01-29-2013, 21:33   #116
AlexHassin

notice the girlfriend felt safe and protected. if it was real she would be the reasonable one.
AlexHassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 21:35   #117
jdeere_man
CLM Number 26
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71bill View Post
I make sure my 870 is unloaded - close the action - load 6 shells in the magazine tube - pull the trigger on the empty chamber - put it in the safe.

If I need it in a hurry all I need to do is pump the action - no buttons to push - no safety to mess with.

YMMV.
Right I have no issue with that, but the author of the article had no shells in gun period. That's fine if you want to rack the thing to put one in the chamber when the time comes, but you already have the shells in the tube!
Old 01-30-2013, 01:12   #118
HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoF250 View Post
He has to worry about his "girlfriend" being raped about as much as he has to worry about his "guns" being stolen. He does not have and never had either.
So this guy was dating Manti Te'o's girlfriend?
HerrGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:17   #119
stevelyn
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Blanchfield is a Ph.D. candidate and Woodruff Scholar in comparative literature at Emory University in Atlanta.
Just another example of how having a duhgree doesn't necessarily mean one is smart or even remotely intelligent. I can only hope that those kind of people get Darwinated from the planet forthwith through their own bad decision making.

Also he's from Emory Looniversity. Remember that place? It's where another anti-gun, lying PoS used to work and peddle anti-gun lies. Remember the so-called "historian" and disgraced Bancroft winner....who had his award recinded-Michael Belisilles (sp?), author of Arming America? Yeah, that bastid. He pulled a bunch of ficticious research and numbers out of his arse and passed them off as fact in his book. When in fact the records he claimed to have researched were destroyed by a natural disaster in the early 20th century. Unless he had a time machine, he couldn't have possibly "researched" them.

Clayton Cramer (a real historian and all around good guy) cracked that one open.
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey

Last edited by stevelyn; 01-30-2013 at 03:19..
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:06   #120
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71bill View Post

YMMV.
Maybe you should have read the story where he did that 3 times in a row. That is hardly its biggest problem.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:36   #121
Z71bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Maybe you should have read the story where he did that 3 times in a row. That is hardly its biggest problem.

SC Tiger was pointing out what he sees as a problem with a pump shotgun as a HD weapon.

"Originally Posted by SC Tiger
It does point out an issue with a standard pump shotgun (think Remington 870 or Mossberg 500/590 series) as a home defense weapon. If you don't want to keep it loaded, it is a little difficult to load quickly. Of course if you practice"

So my solution to using a shotgun as a HD weapon is to load the way I indicated in my prior post - not abandon this type of weapon.

Compromise between a fully loaded ready to fire gun - and an unloaded gun -- one that is not ready to fire - but can be made ready in the blink of an eye.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:39   #122
Z71bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeere_man View Post
Right I have no issue with that, but the author of the article had no shells in gun period. That's fine if you want to rack the thing to put one in the chamber when the time comes, but you already have the shells in the tube!
But even with shells in the tube - finding the little button to allow you to work the action could still be a problem.

The way I do it eliminates this step - and still keeps the gun stored in a low risk - no shell in the chamber state.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:28   #123
F_G

Good for him, he found his limitations and acted accordingly. Now he needs to quit assuming we are all bumbling idiots like himself. I've been in his situation a couple of times, hit shell stop button, rack bolt and assess threat......I DID NOT eject my shotgun shells into the puddle I just released when I pissed myself.

F_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:02   #124
4949shooter

What is so difficult about sliding three rounds in the magazine tube and racking the action?

Am I missing something?
Old 01-31-2013, 04:32   #125
HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4949shooter View Post
What is so difficult about sliding three rounds in the magazine tube and racking the action?

Am I missing something?
Yeah, if you were going to make up such a story, you would have actual life experience to back it up and make it sound plausible. The author of the article didn't have that luxury.
HerrGlock is offline   Reply With Quote