GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:43   #26
Rustin

26 for me. I enjoy lesser recoil, and faster follow up shots. Stopping power from a pistol is moot anyhow. Comfort is confidence. Confidence is key.
Rustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:07   #27
Slug71

G26..
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Slug71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:27   #28
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

I'm in the G27 with the conversion barrels and mags, group. More versatility. Never had a hiccup in any of the calibers out of this gun.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 13:05   #29
BMiracletx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkz View Post
u had both why don't u tell us!
You had both previously! Which did you prefer to shoot and which one did you shoot better! Or just get both! I have a 26, 27, 33, and a 39! Which do I ENJOY to shoot most... the 26 because of the light recoil! Which do I shoot best... the 39 is most accurate for me! Which do I DISLIKE shooting the most... the 27 or 33 are snappy and uncomfortable. Which do I carry... the 27 or 39 cuz they will put the most hurtin' on the bad guy.

If you going to only shoot it at the range... get the 26.
If you going to CCW carry it... get the 27.

Just my opinions.....
BMiracletx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 13:09   #30
WT

What TKZ said.

You owned a G26 and a G27 and you are asking us which is better for you?
WT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 13:19   #31
nugentjeep45

One thing you might consider is ammo availability. I don't know how it is in your area, but in western Ky, finding 9mm or 45 is almost impossible. 40 cal is a lot easier to find in this area. Every time something bad happens in the world, everyone starts hoarding 9mm and 45, it seems that around here 40 is much easier to obtain when crap hits the fan. Anyway, just my thoughts. I'd go with the G27. Good luck!
Old 01-28-2013, 13:20   #32
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Both are good choices. You'll have a a little more capacity with the 9mm but my personal choice would be the .40 as I don't care for the 9mm.

The 9mm isn't bad, I just don't care for it.

I'd go with the G27.
Old 01-28-2013, 13:55   #33
kaech

I had both B4 the gen4 came out. I sold the 27 cause i needed money at the time. I love,love,love my 26.
If i was gonna get a 27 now it would have to be a gen4 for the extra grip
Old 01-29-2013, 22:05   #34
daveycrockett

First I'd like to say thanks for all the insightful opinions and knowledgeable answers. I haven't owned or used either of these in about 4 years and I did learn a few things from my goofy question! I'm not at all familiar with a gen4 so hearing about changing the grip was good, hearing about swapping out barrels was good, possible 9mm shortage good, and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkz View Post
Ur kiddin right? Hate o rag, but the questions are getting goofier & goofier around here. Get to reading this AM, first guy ask about which glock for aliens, read on guy has had both 26, 27, then wants to know which he should get, sob, u had both why don't u tell us!
My question wasn't: Do you think I should get a 26 or 27? My question was which one do you like and why?

If you don't have anything constructive to say please just move on. Don't waste your time responding to these goofy posts. And a post like this can be helpful to someone else who is making this decision. And the alien post was just a fun post. Why does this bother you?

Anyways my decision was kind of made for me as I found a new gen3 27 at a good price. They also had a 23 which I never owned or fired and I bought that also. I wonder if I should ask what is better a 19 or a 23!
Old 01-29-2013, 22:36   #35
JakeFromStateFarm
.40 S&W🍫

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveycrockett View Post
First I'd like to say thanks for all the insightful opinions and knowledgeable answers. I haven't owned or used either of these in about 4 years and I did learn a few things from my goofy question! I'm not at all familiar with a gen4 so hearing about changing the grip was good, hearing about swapping out barrels was good, possible 9mm shortage good, and so on.

My question wasn't: Do you think I should get a 26 or 27? My question was which one do you like and why?

If you don't have anything constructive to say please just move on. Don't waste your time responding to these goofy posts. And a post like this can be helpful to someone else who is making this decision. And the alien post was just a fun post. Why does this bother you?

Anyways my decision was kind of made for me as I found a new gen3 27 at a good price. They also had a 23 which I never owned or fired and I bought that also. I wonder if I should ask what is better a 19 or a 23!

Swapping out barrels has BEEN possible for some time now.
Those who know...
Old 01-30-2013, 01:46   #36
daveycrockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeFromStateFarm View Post
Swapping out barrels has BEEN possible for some time now.
Those who know...
I did know about swapping barrels for years but never tried it. I just wasn't sure exactly what was involved. I don't think I'll be shooting the 357 so for me I might be better off getting both the 26 and 27. I was just curious as to others opinions!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:58   #37
Huskytaio

My friend bought a G26, I bought a G27, and we went straight from the gunshop to the range. This went against all my principals of cleaning and lubing a new in box gun, but he insisted it would be all right. We both had WWB.

The neat thing was that we both got to fire each of our weapons side by side. I was shocked how little difference there was in recoil my 40 versus his 9mm, plus I know he will be keeping +P loads in his for HD.

Off topic, but can I change my G23 to a 9mm in the same manner, with a new barrel and G19 mags?

Last edited by Huskytaio; 01-30-2013 at 08:58..
Huskytaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:16   #38
chemboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskytaio View Post
Off topic, but can I change my G23 to a 9mm in the same manner, with a new barrel and G19 mags?
You may.
The only thing to consider is that the 19 uses a different extractor than that of the 23.
I believe you can get by without changing the extractor, at least for range and plinking use. However, for SD purposes, you should use a G19 extractor in your 23.

Current Glocks: 19,26,20SF,29SF, 21Gen4,23Gen4,32Gen4
AA 22lr conversion kit for G20.
chemboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:26   #39
ADK_40GLKr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK_40GLKr View Post
Crockett?
Different calibers and frames for different purposes!
To clarify:
G17 for putting small holes in big paper at IDPA: accurate, low recoil for a lot of shots, and cheap to run.

G27 Short, concealable, powerful for Self/home defense.

G38 medium length, big hole, occasional SD/HD, challenge to reload and shoot well, a bit of a maverick and non-conformist, adrenaline rush.

.50 Caliber Muzzle loader Extends my deer season.
Luke 22:36 He said to them, ď... if you donít have a Glock, sell your cloak and buy one."

NRA, GSSF, IDPA, NY voter.
ADK_40GLKr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:54   #40
MPJC

I love my Glock 26 OD because it's easy to shoot, light recoil, accurate and just because I am a 9mm fan.
MPJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:46   #41
SGT278ACR
Retired Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cysoto View Post
G26. The recoil is easier to manage and you get one extra round.
^^^ This. Other than above, really it's pretty much the same gun... just more of a question on preferable caliber. Either one is more than adequate. I prefer the G26 for 9mm myself. I think .40 is just too snappy of a round for a sub compact.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:58   #42
DrtyHarry

27 for me, hands down. As I mentioned in another thread, using a timer....I can draw and shoot both the 26 and the 27 with the same accuracy and time. This being the case for me, I went with the 27 for the more powerful round. Made sense.

DH
Old 01-30-2013, 12:00   #43
awoodpd13

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveycrockett View Post
I did own both of these, and liked both. But now I wish I never sold them. I want to buy either a 26 or 27. What is your choice and why?

Thanks.
G27:
I *SLIGHTLY* favor the .40 S&W round over the 9mm;
I carried a G-22 at work (G27 BUG) for many years prior to retirement;
Mrs awoodpd13 is still a working Probation Officer, and is issued a G23. With my GLOCKS also being chambered in .40 S&W, we avoid having to buy and keep up with 2 different calibers on ammo.