GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 03:52   #176
jdavionic
NRA Member
 
jdavionic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11,816
Certified...unlike the SEC, this is one topic that we simply don't agree on. I've made my points and you've made your own. I can respond and continue to pick at your argument and we can go back & forth. Therefore I will just leave it at that.
__________________
- JD

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:04   #177
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,667


Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
Certified...unlike the SEC, this is one topic that we simply don't agree on. I've made my points and you've made your own. I can respond and continue to pick at your argument and we can go back & forth. Therefore I will just leave it at that.
Well, one thing we can always agree on is that LSU is the greatest college football program in the land. So there's that.

I don't think drug use is a good thing. I'm not particularly fond of drug legalization. However, I believe that the federal WoD is unconstitutional and that drug prohibition causes more problems than it solves and is mostly a futile effort. Moreover, I think most leo opinions are tainted by their work enforcing laws that push drug use and commerce into the shadows. The comparison to alcohol prohibition are perfectly valid.

If there were a way to prevent people from using drugs that didn't empower the state and disregard the constitution and was actually effective, I'd likely support it.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:27   #178
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Well, one thing we can always agree on is that LSU is the greatest college football program in the land. So there's that.

I don't think drug use is a good thing. I'm not particularly fond of drug legalization. However, I believe that the federal WoD is unconstitutional and that drug prohibition causes more problems than it solves and is mostly a futile effort. Moreover, I think most leo opinions are tainted by their work enforcing laws that push drug use and commerce into the shadows. The comparison to alcohol prohibition are perfectly valid.

If there were a way to prevent people from using drugs that didn't empower the state and disregard the constitution and was actually effective, I'd likely support it.
I'll admit LSU has the greatest football team in Louisiana.

Once more around the track on the other one (it's just deja vue, over and over again).

This argument always comes down to the same problem. That is, we have tens of millions of people, who are perfectly willing to ingest unknown chemicals of unknown origin`into their bodies, and nothing, not fear of losing their freedom, jobs, right to own guns, or anything else, or of other people having to die for them to be able to do it, will stop them from doing it, and they are often willling to even destroy their own lives, and the lives of other innocents around them in the process. And, we don't have a clue how to deal with it or stop it.

(But, they are not addicted, they continue to do it because they want to).

What was our time on that last lap?
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.

Last edited by series1811; 01-31-2013 at 07:28..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:13   #179
jdavionic
NRA Member
 
jdavionic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Well, one thing we can always agree on is that LSU is the greatest college football program in the land. So there's that.
UF 14 LSU 6






Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
- JD

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:37   #180
airmotive
Tin Kicker
 
airmotive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Debris Field
Posts: 6,989
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
UF 14 LSU 6






Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Oh...NOW you get the thread locked.
__________________
----------------------------------------------------
Combine ignorance, arrogance and low altitude, and the result is guaranteed to be spectacular.
airmotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:49   #181
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER
 
sheriff733's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
The cost of alcohol abuse was estimated by the CDC to be $185B in 1998. If economic drain is the justification for banning substances and jailing offenders, start there.

http://www.cdc.gov/workplacehealthpr...nce-abuse.html
I'm not talking about jailing anybody.
__________________
Sent with Probably Cause and Irrisputable Proof

"This isn't domestic abuse. This is hilarious!" -Peter Griffin
sheriff733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:55   #182
eccho
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Yet there are people who use it recreationally and even medically and never become freakish like that. Puzzling.

Medically, "amphetimene salts" are used for ADD treatment, and a few other things I probably don't know much about.

I guess it's all about dosage and doctor instructions. 25 milligrams or so in a time release pill is quite different than injecting a massive dose of this stuff into your arm on a regular basis.

I took a law enforcement class in college, and did a term paper on meth and how it affects law enforcement agencies. Part of writing that paper was research on the effects of meth.


Meth can suppress the appetite, and users can be strung out for long enough periods of time, at a time, that it is fair to say it's not uncommon for users to eat less. That can explain the "starving" appearance of some heavy users.

Meth users can experience delusions and sensations of bugs crawling under their skin, (among other wierd things) that can cause them to feel a compulsive need to scratch and pick at themselves.

When you see someone with sores like that all over themselves? That's a sure sign. That's nasty, as these people often end up scarring themselves to the point where even if they do get clean they will never quite "look right".

Meth users tend to engage in risky behavior and or not take care of themselves. hence the bad teeth and hygiene.


I'm not claiming to be an expert or anything, I'm just trying to recall some of the things I remember from writing that paper.


I could be devils advocate and say if a meth user actually bothered to maintain themselves, (brush teeth etc.) eat properly, and not scratch and pick at themselves constanty, maybe they wouldn't look like COMPLETE hell.
eccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:22   #183
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,667


Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
UF 14 LSU 6






Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
This is the part where I post a picture of Les Miles and that explains it all.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:23   #184
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,667


Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
I'll admit LSU has the greatest football team
That makes it unanimous.

Quote:
What was our time on that last lap?
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 15:01   #185
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,558
Blog Entries: 1


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick305 View Post
Alcohol is alcohol ... It is what it is. It can be used lightly , heavily , and deadly.

You can get alcohol poising and die from beer , as well as grain alcohol ...

Your not making a point -- yeah , grain alcohol has much more "active ingredient" then a Budweiser ---

But they are both alcohol.

Stop replying to all my posts with your smart-ass remarks , find someone else to debate everyone of there posts with duchebag.
If you're embarrassed because you posted something foolish, don't post foolish things. If you have nothing to offer & cannot attack the argument, do not attack the poster.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 17:12   #186
cangler
Republican!!
 
cangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 578
really disturbing to say the least, some of those girls were pretty and totally ruined it.

note to self, never do meth (got it!)
__________________
Glock 17, Sig P226, S&W 686, Colt Custom 1911, Winchester 1892, Bear Claw SBS, Polytech Legend, Mossberg 590A1 SBS, Colt Commando SBR, Ruger MKII, Ruger 10/22
cangler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 21:04   #187
sombunya
Senior Member
 
sombunya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Californy
Posts: 2,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick305 View Post
It >IS< legal when given a perscription from a medical doctor. I don't understand why this seems to be unknown because Desoxyn has been around forever.

And yes , in the USA you can go to CVS and get methamphetamine with a perscription.
I don't think the people in the photos had a doctors perscription.

It's extemely addicting and hugely destructive to the individual and those around them.
If it was legalized and therefore cheap to buy, there would be a lot more dead people around.

Just my take.
__________________
.



http://www.hopeforpaws.org
sombunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 21:14   #188
nostalgiaguy
Senior Member
 
nostalgiaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lenoir NC
Posts: 168
It still brings tears to my eyes. I have many years of working in pawn shops. It was hard to watch someone who use to come in onnce in a while to get a litlle money to makes ends meet. Then to watch a few of them get involved with Meth and sadly rot and turn into someone else I would not recognize. These were good people that made a traggic mistake. Most times it was rare I saw them for a year or two once they began using. Some I would learn of their fate , and others just vanished . There were a few good stories of some of them I saw recover. But most the time it ends horrific for them and the families that love them.
nostalgiaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 21:22   #189
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by sombunya View Post
If it was legalized and therefore cheap to buy, there would be a lot more dead people around.

Just my take.

False assumption. Cigarettes are legal, are they cheap?

How many things can you buy and put in or on your body that isn't regulated? Look at all the hoops for OCT medicines )drugs if you will) do you really think recreational drugs will escape the pharmaceutical lobby when they decide they should have a monopoly (like the distillers are), and promise taxes, which they will pass to the consumer, to the Government for the "Franchise"?
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 23:03   #190
BicycleDay43
00 Buck dude
 
BicycleDay43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oak Grove, Kentucky
Posts: 2,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick305 View Post
It >IS< legal when given a perscription from a medical doctor. I don't understand why this seems to be unknown because Desoxyn has been around forever.

It's used for ADHD treatement and Narcolepsy --- yes , it is meth-amphetamine as in the same drug that people create in clandestine labs and commonly blow themselves up.

And yes , in the USA you can go to CVS and get methamphetamine with a perscription.

Many of the before/after pics of meth are misleading ... yes , addiction ruins lives but many of these pictures are made to seem like the drug made people look "like that" , and that's usually incorrect.

People being stupid trying to create schedule 2 substances in there garage's or in 2 liter coke bottles and driving and blowing the skin off there body has nothing to do with the drug , it's the person attempting to make the drug.

Adderall (Amphetamine Salt) , Dexedrine (D-Amphetamine) , and Desoxyn (meth-amphetamine) help people with legitimate medical issues every day ... including children.

But -- like every substance that has abuse potential , people will abuse it , and people will die from it.

Just wanted to clarify this because too many people don't know Meth is Schedule 2 and avaible by perscription , and people think using it will make you loose your teeth and have red burned skin.

http://www.rxlist.com/desoxyn-drug.htm



Per FDA
For anyone wanting to say drugs like adderall are safe because they're legal, I'm here to tell you you're wrong. I escaped the depressing, dark grasps of adderall after being heavily medicated throughout high school. I'm here to tell you that you really don't need to look any further past the reason for a mind like Adam Lanza's than medicating children with essentially legal crystal. I've done enough adderall (On a perscription) to destroy any childs mind and I've smoked Crystal Meth. There SERIOUSLY isn't a whole lot of difference between the mental effects.

Honestly, if you think alcohol and anti-depressants are somehow acceptable because they're legal, but think Crystal Meth is any different, I have some t-shirts to sell you.
BicycleDay43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 23:34   #191
.264 magnum
CLM Number 121
Charter Lifetime Member
 
.264 magnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 16,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
False assumption. Cigarettes are legal, are they cheap?

How many things can you buy and put in or on your body that isn't regulated? Look at all the hoops for OCT medicines )drugs if you will) do you really think recreational drugs will escape the pharmaceutical lobby when they decide they should have a monopoly (like the distillers are), and promise taxes, which they will pass to the consumer, to the Government for the "Franchise"?
I disagree. If cigarettes were illegal the supply would certainly drop and the price would move higher. There's no question about it-.
__________________
The Gonzales Flag - "Come and Take It!"
.264 magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 23:36   #192
.264 magnum
CLM Number 121
Charter Lifetime Member
 
.264 magnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 16,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicycleDay43 View Post

Honestly, if you think alcohol and anti-depressants are somehow acceptable because they're legal, but think Crystal Meth is any different, I have some t-shirts to sell you.
That's just absurd.
__________________
The Gonzales Flag - "Come and Take It!"
.264 magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 23:39   #193
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by .264 magnum View Post
I disagree. If cigarettes were illegal the supply would certainly drop and the price would move higher. There's no question about it-.
Cigarettes are cheap to manufacture, it's the taxes on them that make them expensive, people don't pay taxes on illegal products. Legalize and it will become regulated, hence taxed.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 00:04   #194
BicycleDay43
00 Buck dude
 
BicycleDay43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oak Grove, Kentucky
Posts: 2,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by .264 magnum View Post
That's just absurd.
Mhmm...

And when was the last time you smoked a bowl of crystal? Took adderall?

You must have at least SOME personal experience with BOTH drugs to back up your disbelief, correct?

Last edited by BicycleDay43; 02-01-2013 at 00:06..
BicycleDay43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 00:27   #195
NorthCarolinaLiberty
MentalDefective
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tax Funded Mental Institution
Posts: 5,144
Blog Entries: 1
I was skeptical about the photos even before looking at them, and then I read this from the article:

"While many of these images are taken from individuals specifically cited in the record for methamphetamine-related offenses, some images were selected for inclusion based on inference. By examining the progression of physical symptoms, location of arrest, information from third party sources, and details of each individual arrest record, the selections were made based on a strong likelihood of methamphetamine abuse, and a definitive prior history of varied drug abuse."


So, in other words, the "inference" means an unknown amount of extrapolation and taking liberties for possible sensationalism. And what is the meaning of "varied drug abuse"? There are people all over the place who look like this from alcohol or just getting beat up by a spouse.
NorthCarolinaLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 00:31   #196
NorthCarolinaLiberty
MentalDefective
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tax Funded Mental Institution
Posts: 5,144
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicycleDay43 View Post
You must have at least SOME personal experience with BOTH drugs to back up your disbelief, correct?
Agreed. "Meth" has become the new boogey man. People believe the overstatements to be true because it fits what they already tend to believe.
NorthCarolinaLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:02   #197
NorthCarolinaLiberty
MentalDefective
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tax Funded Mental Institution
Posts: 5,144
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick305 View Post
Stop replying to all my posts with your smart-ass remarks , find someone else to debate everyone of there posts with duchebag.
Yep, law enforcement and the drug war propagandists become unhinged when people besides the soccer moms dig slightly deeper and reveal there really is no wizard behind the curtain.

A thanks to you and BicycleDay43 for reality and setting the record straight.
NorthCarolinaLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:39   #198
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,667


Quote:
Originally Posted by BicycleDay43 View Post
For anyone wanting to say drugs like adderall are safe because they're legal, I'm here to tell you you're wrong. I escaped the depressing, dark grasps of adderall after being heavily medicated throughout high school. I'm here to tell you that you really don't need to look any further past the reason for a mind like Adam Lanza's than medicating children with essentially legal crystal. I've done enough adderall (On a perscription) to destroy any childs mind and I've smoked Crystal Meth. There SERIOUSLY isn't a whole lot of difference between the mental effects.

Honestly, if you think alcohol and anti-depressants are somehow acceptable because they're legal, but think Crystal Meth is any different, I have some t-shirts to sell you.
What a load of garbage.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:13   #199
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicycleDay43 View Post
I've done enough adderall (On a perscription) to destroy any childs mind and I've smoked Crystal Meth. There SERIOUSLY isn't a whole lot of difference between the mental effects.

.
Chemically, that's fairly accurate. In fact, legal meth (methamphetamine) is actually prescribed for some of the same things that adderall (amphetamine and dextroamphetamine) is prescribed for (like ADHD, for instance).

And, both have extremely high rates of abuse and addiction.
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.

Last edited by series1811; 02-01-2013 at 07:49..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:37   #200
airmotive
Tin Kicker
 
airmotive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Debris Field
Posts: 6,989
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicycleDay43 View Post
For anyone wanting to say drugs like adderall are safe because they're legal, I'm here to tell you you're wrong. I escaped the depressing, dark grasps of adderall after being heavily medicated throughout high school. I'm here to tell you that you really don't need to look any further past the reason for a mind like Adam Lanza's than medicating children with essentially legal crystal. I've done enough adderall (On a perscription) to destroy any childs mind and I've smoked Crystal Meth. There SERIOUSLY isn't a whole lot of difference between the mental effects.

Honestly, if you think alcohol and anti-depressants are somehow acceptable because they're legal, but think Crystal Meth is any different, I have some t-shirts to sell you.
I've had a beer.
Does that make me an alcoholic?

I've taken Tylenol + Codeine, morphine, Percocet (oxycodone).
Does that make me an opiate addict?

I've taken a hit off a joint in Amsterdam.
Does that make me a pothead?

I've had sex (albeit a long time ago ).
Does that make me a sexual predator?

You sir, are a junkie or recovering addict.
There is a difference.
Addiction is a killer. Addiction to ANYTHING.
Food, sex, drugs, nail biting, cutting, exercise, pica, dieting, huffing paint, whippets, plastic surgery....ANY addiction that runs unchecked will destroy a person, and probably those around him.
The Okie Corral
The Okie Corral

Meth head?
The Okie Corral
Nope!! Addicted to 'Comet' Cleanser.
__________________
----------------------------------------------------
Combine ignorance, arrogance and low altitude, and the result is guaranteed to be spectacular.

Last edited by airmotive; 02-01-2013 at 07:46..
airmotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 23:48.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,003
255 Members
748 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42