SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:58   #126
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!

Yep, you caught us.

Again, you pontificate on things with which you have no real experience , and debate by soundbite.
wprebeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:02   #127
686Owner
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post
Personally, I would like to see this happen:

All the folks who clamor for legalization of drugs get their wish. Of course, I would then mandate that all who voted for it be moved to a specific area. it can be anywhere, just one big city where we move them. At the same time, we move all the drug USERS to the same area. Let's see what kind of paradise evolves from there, shall we?

Because one's wishful thinking always outweighs reality. And, the reality is, crime will not stop simply because drugs are legal. Many use alcohol as an example (ie - Prohibition), but then blantantly ignore how much crime is STILL associated with alcohol.

One last comment for our libertardian-in-chief (waiting for his alter ego to pop in...still not convinced they aren't the same people: Since you're cool with driving drunk, you won't mind giving me your address, right?

I'd like to get drunk, then spin around in circles, and pop off a few dozen rounds in the general direction of your house. And, you do NOT get to shoot back - not unless I hit you. Because as long as I miss, it's not a crime, right?
Are you suggesting guns be made illegal? Look at how many are STILL associated with crime even though they are legal.
Old 01-29-2013, 13:30   #128
airmotive
Tin Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
Spend one week on the front line in Latin America and you will change your tune, bud. I guarantee it.
I'm there on a regular basis...Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, Colombia, Venezuela...I'm left with the impression that the War on Drugs has done more harm than good. Am I saying drugs are good? No. I'm saying the war on drugs is worse. Compare it to communism in Vietnam, versus the war in Vietnam. "Bad, meet evil."

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff733 View Post
So long as you never take one penny of publicly funded health care from my pockets to save your worthless ass that you're intentionally trying to destroy, then I agree completely. If you want to do meth or any other drug that is detrimental to your health, you need to pay your own way when you decide you don't want to die after all. Or at least until you feel like you need another fix.

Rather than doing meth, how about a bullet to the head? Cheaper, easier, faster, and the end result is the same, except you won't look like the walking dead for several months before you actually die.

Just a thought.
Can we add fat people to that list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
That's why legalizing it, lowering the price and increasing availability would improve the situation.
I don't know if it would improve the situation, but it's the Libertarian thing to do.
If you want the government to have the power to control what you can and cannot put into your body, don't be surprised if you get something unexpected stuck in you at some point (yes, that's a veiled government butt rape analogy).
And no, the federal government doesn't belong in the 'safety net rehab' business either.
The moment your abuse infringes upon my rights...(driving under the influence, blowing up my neighborhood, abandoning your kids) NOW we have a problem. You dying in your bathtub with a needle in your arm? That's all you, dude...Go for it.

Last edited by airmotive; 01-29-2013 at 14:19..
airmotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 14:08   #129
NorthCarolinaLiberty
MentalDefective

Quote:
And one time, someone told me "No!". And it hurt my feelings SO bad, that I've spent the rest of my life stomping my feet, and determined never to let anyone ever tell me "No!" again.
Government employees are the biggest foot stompers, often in the face of the slightest of criticism. They can't possibly imagine how anyone isn't awestruck by their silly "meth photos."
NorthCarolinaLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 14:11   #130
NorthCarolinaLiberty
MentalDefective

Quote:
Again, you pontificate on things with which you have no real experience , and debate by soundbite.
I have the experience. It just unnerves you when you present to someone besides soccer moms. A different audience who has been there isn't falling for all the silly hyperbole.
Old 01-29-2013, 14:52   #131
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmotive View Post
I don't know if it would improve the situation, but it's the Libertarian thing to do.
If you want the government to have the power to control what you can and cannot put into your body, don't be surprised if you get something unexpected stuck in you at some point (yes, that's a veiled government butt rape analogy).
And no, the federal government doesn't belong in the 'safety net rehab' business either.
The moment your abuse infringes upon my rights...(driving under the influence, blowing up my neighborhood, abandoning your kids) NOW we have a problem. You dying in your bathtub with a needle in your arm? That's all you, dude...Go for it.
I believe the alcohol and drug rehab counselor types like to say things like "If you don't clean up you'll be dead within a year"

Seems like this becomes a self-limiting problem.

But then we don't have paramilitary police forces, which are cool.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 14:53   #132
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Yep, you caught us.

who does?

Tell me about your law enforcement experience jailing the people involved in bootlegging whiskey.

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 01-29-2013 at 14:55..
Old 01-29-2013, 15:21   #133
NorthCarolinaLiberty
MentalDefective

Quote:
who does?

Tell me about your law enforcement experience jailing the people involved in bootlegging whiskey.
He's a corrections officer, but that probably won't stop him from portraying more hyperbole. You know, the kind from which everyone is sheltered. Get ready to hear some stories about prisoners who sold their own mothers for a jug of Clorox.
Old 01-29-2013, 15:22   #134
countrygun

why don't we examine the burden that drug users put on those who don't use? I'll give you a real example and even the location where it happened from my own experience.

My wife and I were taking our daughter to Portland for surgery. We were on a section of two lane road between Reedsport and Drain (Oregonians who know this road can tell you how isolated that is a 0100 on a week night. My wife was driving and I was napping. She became the victim of a road raged tweaker. It ended safely because I had a firearm and didn't have to use it, (the tweaker came to something resembling sense when he relied that I would use it). Now, Imagine what would have happened to me had I shot the scuzzbag. probably arrested, gun taken, lawyers bills etc. Because someone else decided to use drugs and drive and be violent.

Society is never going to change the rules concerning what they expect someone who shoots another person to go through, they just expect them to pay that price so someone else can use drugs.

Here is my proposal to the legalizers,

If you want drugs legalized then, before that, while they are still illegal, reform the self defense laws and "stand your ground laws so, that, if a citizen has to defend themselves, blood is drawn at the nearest medical facility. If the defending citizen tests "clean" and the person shot shows any sign of drugs in their system, the defending citizen walks then and there. No legal charges and immunity from civil charges. Any "collateral damage" is on the shoulders of the drug user or his "estate".

Do that and I'll vote to legalize drugs.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 15:28   #135
NorthCarolinaLiberty
MentalDefective

Quote:

All the folks who clamor for legalization of drugs get their wish. Of course, I would then mandate that all who voted for it be moved to a specific area. it can be anywhere, just one big city where we move them. At the same time, we move all the drug USERS to the same area. Let's see what kind of paradise evolves from there, shall we?

I'd like to get drunk, then spin around in circles, and pop off a few dozen rounds in the general direction of your house. And, you do NOT get to shoot back - not unless I hit you. Because as long as I miss, it's not a crime, right?
The kind of silly examples you'd see on a goofy TV show, but that's par for somebody who loves government intervention with every social issue out there.

Talk about your reality.
Old 01-29-2013, 15:32   #136
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
He's a corrections officer,
I know. He benefits from the WOD. More laws, more criminals, more prison beds, more corrections officers.

There is a reason why private companies want to be in the prison business...and also support the WOD.
Old 01-29-2013, 15:33   #137
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:

Because one's wishful thinking always outweighs reality. And, the reality is, crime will not stop simply because drugs are legal. Many use alcohol as an example (ie - Prohibition), but then blantantly ignore how much crime is STILL associated with alcohol.

One last comment for our libertardian-in-chief (waiting for his alter ego to pop in...still not convinced they aren't the same people: Since you're cool with driving drunk, you won't mind giving me your address, right?

Can we isolate the big government statists to an island as well?

No worries about gunfire there.......well, as long as you follow the rules.

And government pensions for EVERYONE!

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 01-29-2013 at 15:34..
Old 01-29-2013, 15:41   #138
NorthCarolinaLiberty
MentalDefective

Quote:
I know. He benefits from the WOD. More laws, more criminals, more prison beds, more corrections officers.

There is a reason why private companies want to be in the prison business...and also support the WOD.
Ah, WoD is War on Drugs. Didn't catch that at first.

Yeah, full support. The same hyperbolic marketing comes out decade after decade and people keep falling for it. Instant addiction. Selling babies. "Meth" photos. Just keep the soccer mom in fear of the Negro and (now) rural white trash, and you have a captive audience to buy your service.
Old 01-29-2013, 15:47   #139
P99er
AKA PPQ'er

Quote:

This may come as a shock to you, but pretty much everyone who wants to do drugs, are already doing them. Including prisoners serving time in prison.

Those of us who don't do drugs, and don't particularly want to do drugs, don't like the amount of power the US government has given itself, and how much money it's wasted, in this idiotic "war on drugs".

You see those meth faces as being proof of how bad meth is. I see them as being proof positive that the government cannot prosecute the war on drugs any better than it can do anything else. It's a failure.

"I cannot sit and watch a lady diminish her qualities to the lowest common denominator. I just can't do that" - Jerry Lewis on female comics

Last edited by P99er; 01-29-2013 at 15:49..
P99er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 16:02   #140
airmotive
Tin Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by P99er View Post
This may come as a shock to you, but pretty much everyone who wants to do drugs, are already doing them. Including prisoners serving time in prison.

Those of us who don't do drugs, and don't particularly want to do drugs, don't like the amount of power the US government has given itself, and how much money it's wasted, in this idiotic "war on drugs".

You see those meth faces as being proof of how bad meth is. I see them as being proof positive that the government cannot prosecute the war on drugs any better than it can do anything else. It's a failure.
Damn...I wish I had come up with that first.
Old 01-29-2013, 16:12   #141
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by P99er View Post

We just need to spend more.
Old 01-29-2013, 16:17   #142
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:

You're obviously a bright guy with the kind of intellect one doesn't encounter every day....well, I guess unless they're an inmate. I've been asking a couple of questions in these threads and have never, ever found anyone who could answer them. Maybe you can give it a whirl?

1. What portion of the Constitution gives the federal government authority to regulate narcotics, marijuana or any other illegal drug?

2. If the government required a Constitutional Amendment to prohibit the sale and consumption of alcohol, from where did it derive the authority to regulate drugs?

If you can answer this I would be most grateful. No one has ever been able to.
Old 01-29-2013, 16:39   #143
clancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd67xlch View Post
Those pics should be blown up to 4'X4' and posted in every school hallway across the country, just a thought.
I use pics like these and the show Intervention to show my son what crap like that does to people. Hopefully it will work.
clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 16:59   #144
Short Cut
CLM Number 88
PatrioticMember

The Okie Corral
The Okie Corral

Dang, only 2 years between photos. That's frickin' scary. She was a good looking girl.

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
Short Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 18:12   #145
Mr Spock
Vulcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Cut View Post
The Okie Corral
The Okie Corral

Dang, only 2 years between photos. That's frickin' scary. She was a good looking girl.
I call BS. I thought meth was supposed to make you lose weight!!

Looks like she got acne and a weed addiction. :eek:
Mr Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 19:03   #146
sombunya

Quote:
2 of those have a victim.

DWI shouldn't be illegal.
I'm puzzled over this comment.

Are you saying driving while intoxicated should be legal; just don't kill anybody?

http://www.hopeforpaws.org
sombunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 19:10   #147
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombunya View Post
I'm puzzled over this comment.

Are you saying driving while intoxicated should be legal; just don't kill anybody?
Yes

Careless and reckless is illegal.

Failure to maintain control is illegal.

It is illegal to operate a vehicle in a negligent manner.

Why should we concern ourselves with WHY a driver does the above?

Driving distracted or driving sleepy is as or more dangerous than driving at .08. Where's the war against that?
Old 01-29-2013, 19:40   #148
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
He's a corrections officer, but that probably won't stop him from portraying more hyperbole. You know, the kind from which everyone is sheltered. Get ready to hear some stories about prisoners who sold their own mothers for a jug of Clorox.
I am a jail officer, yes. One with arrest powers on or off duty, but you experts already knew that. I'd suggest reading KRS 67C and 446.010(26) for a bit more on our powers and duties.

Point being, I have experience both inside and outside of the jail, although I don't pretend to be a street officer...because I'm not. Unlike some who pretend they know everything about LE, yet have no experience other than watching COPS.

Cf - I don't enforce federal laws. I can, however, refer you to KRS 218A, which covers a number of our drug laws.
wprebeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 19:43   #149
sombunya

Quote:
Yes

Careless and reckless is illegal.

Failure to maintain control is illegal.

It is illegal to operate a vehicle in a negligent manner.

Why should we concern ourselves with WHY a driver does the above?

Driving distracted or driving sleepy is as or more dangerous than driving at .08. Where's the war against that?
I think I can answer that. By making it illegal to DWI, the first three bullet points will be greatly reduced, protecting innocent people from the actions of the irresponsible.

Of course no law has ever completely prevented something from occurring. And while I haven't done any research, I'm sure strict DWI laws have saved lives.

I would also wonder that if these toothless wretches could do it all over, would they choose Meth? I'll say most wouldn't.

http://www.hopeforpaws.org
sombunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 20:53   #150
GVFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff733 View Post
So long as you never take one penny of publicly funded health care from my pockets to save your worthless ass that you're intentionally trying to destroy, then I agree completely. If you want to do meth or any other drug that is detrimental to your health, you need to pay your own way when you decide you don't want to die after all. Or at least until you feel like you need another fix.

Rather than doing meth, how about a bullet to the head? Cheaper, easier, faster, and the end result is the same, except you won't look like the walking dead for several months before you actually die.

Just a thought.
Thanks sheriff, you have expressed my view perfectly.

http://www.specialops.org/
GVFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote