Old 01-27-2013, 06:20   #27
Bren
NRA Life Member

That's nothing - you want to see:
Meth: Before and After
The Okie Corral
Old 01-27-2013, 07:49   #28
hd67xlch

Those pics should be blown up to 4'X4' and posted in every school hallway across the country, just a thought.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:53   #29
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Looking at these kind of articles just makes me....well...sad.

Makes me want to hug my kids and grandkids.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Old 01-27-2013, 08:09   #30
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesaros View Post
Because as an adult, you own the rights to your body. Therefore, you may CHOOSE what or what not to put into it.

Quit babysitting grown adults...thats not the governments job, nor is it anyone elses.
So long as you never take one penny of publicly funded health care from my pockets to save your worthless ass that you're intentionally trying to destroy, then I agree completely. If you want to do meth or any other drug that is detrimental to your health, you need to pay your own way when you decide you don't want to die after all. Or at least until you feel like you need another fix.

Rather than doing meth, how about a bullet to the head? Cheaper, easier, faster, and the end result is the same, except you won't look like the walking dead for several months before you actually die.

Just a thought.

"This isn't domestic abuse. This is hilarious!" -Peter Griffin
sheriff733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:13   #31
MulletLoad

Regarding the OP's two pictures,

The first one was taken when the guy made his first GT post, the second at post #30,000
MulletLoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:20   #32
K.Kiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff733 View Post
So long as you never take one penny of publicly funded health care from my pockets to save your worthless ass that you're intentionally trying to destroy, then I agree completely. If you want to do meth or any other drug that is detrimental to your health, you need to pay your own way when you decide you don't want to die after all. Or at least until you feel like you need another fix.

Rather than doing meth, how about a bullet to the head? Cheaper, easier, faster, and the end result is the same, except you won't look like the walking dead for several months before you actually die.

Just a thought.
My Dad always said that illegal drugs confiscated should be heavily poisoned to insure a fatality, then put back on the streets... It will only kill whom it needs to...

Not an actual idea to put in place, but just an expression of how drugtrash were viewed in my home... I work in the construction industry and see these people daily, and they are subhuman with their decisions and actions, and the destruction they willingly cause...

One of them I work with brags about doing things that are just against all good humanity, it's nauseating... The children on the brunt end of a users lifestyle is the only place my sympathy lies... Their (child) lives are hell at no fault of their own, and it breaks my heart...

In regard to the pics, some of those look like burn survivors rather than addicts... I noticed two on the 1st page...

Last edited by K.Kiser; 01-27-2013 at 08:21..
K.Kiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:49   #33
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Kiser View Post
My Dad always said that illegal drugs confiscated should be heavily poisoned to insure a fatality, then put back on the streets... It will only kill whom it needs to...

Not an actual idea to put in place, but just an expression of how drugtrash were viewed in my home... I work in the construction industry and see these people daily, and they are subhuman with their decisions and actions, and the destruction they willingly cause...

One of them I work with brags about doing things that are just against all good humanity, it's nauseating... The children on the brunt end of a users lifestyle is the only place my sympathy lies... Their (child) lives are hell at no fault of their own, and it breaks my heart...

In regard to the pics, some of those look like burn survivors rather than addicts... I noticed two on the 1st page...
Your dad was evil in this respect
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:50   #34
NDCent
Socially Inept

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Kiser View Post
In response to pics 20 & 21, I would say some type of burn survivor, whether it be from a lab fire or another source.

I need to lose a few pounds, but using a smaller plate and hitting the bicycle looks like a better option.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:00   #35
shotgunred
reloading nut

The real problem is the ones who survive it. Then they live the rest of their lives on SSI, getting all their bills payed for by you and me.
and motivated by pride and vanity.
shotgunred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:29   #36
vikingsoftpaw

Meth Angels: The Girl Next Door and the Crank they love.

"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine
vikingsoftpaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:45   #37
NBT

What's even crazier is the CT scan's...from the start of meth usage...to within two years. Brains look like dried up raisins.
One of the new problems here in FL, is the synthetic "bath salt (meth) & incense (synthetic pot)" they have been selling.
People take it home and snort/smoke it...nothing but poison.

http://www.npr.org/2011/02/08/133399...es?ft=1&f=1001
Old 01-27-2013, 10:29   #38
09crue

shocking to say the least!
09crue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:35   #39
Riverkilt

Actually, alcohol kills Americans 5 to 1 over illegal drugs. But that's because booze is legal and easy to get and abuse while illegal drugs are difficult to get. A few years back we had a Methamphetamine conference in my little town. Everyone gathered to groan about how horrible meth was in our town with the attendent craziness and crime. I pointed out how alcohol was the major unaddressed problem in town and the Chief of Police leaped right in after me to say the same thing and essentially call us stupid worrying about the meth problem (his guys were on it) and ignoring the huge problems and local death rate from booze. Bottom line: Meth will make you crazy and wrack your body with poisons but alcohol is a poison too - a very good poison - and it will kill folks...

Glock 42...somewhere you can't see
Riverkilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:59   #40
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverkilt View Post
Actually, alcohol kills Americans 5 to 1 over illegal drugs. But that's because booze is legal and easy to get and abuse while illegal drugs are difficult to get. A few years back we had a Methamphetamine conference in my little town. Everyone gathered to groan about how horrible meth was in our town with the attendent craziness and crime. I pointed out how alcohol was the major unaddressed problem in town and the Chief of Police leaped right in after me to say the same thing and essentially call us stupid worrying about the meth problem (his guys were on it) and ignoring the huge problems and local death rate from booze. Bottom line: Meth will make you crazy and wrack your body with poisons but alcohol is a poison too - a very good poison - and it will kill folks...
Not a bad response on gun control, as well - That legal alcohol kills many, many times more people, many times more school kids, etc., is interesting to think about when they are in a panic to ban guns to "save lives."

If you take one of the rarer alcohol related causes of death - acute alcohol poisoning from just drinking too much - it kills about 8 times as many people as guns.

Last edited by Bren; 01-27-2013 at 11:05..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:13   #41
Riverkilt

Wise observation. Wonder what the stats are on children killed by firearms in the U.S. are vs. children killed by drunken parents, or drunk drivers, or alcohol poisoning. Know babies have died from parents putting whisky on their gums to ease their teething pain and stop them from crying and from parents who put whisky in their baby bottle with their milk so they'll stop crying and sleep/pass out. Google time!

Old 01-27-2013, 11:22   #42
Riverkilt

Well, here are some rough figures from Googling.

Mothers Against Drunk Drivers (MADD) reports that in 2010 211 children age 0-14 were killed by drunk drivers. 131 of those were riding with the drunk driver when the collision occured.

USA Today reports that the CDC says 180 children age 0-11 were killed by firearms in 2010.

So different age range by three years but pretty close numbers considering that. And its happening with tight regulation of booze and training of booze sellers and servers.

BAN THE BOOZE!!!

Old 01-27-2013, 11:28   #43
Rooster Rugburn
Got Pignose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlight View Post
Some of the before pics of the women are reasonable attractive.

After the meth... not so much, to say the least.

I've seen people on the street that look similar to the after pic in the OP. I always have my hand on CCW. just sayin'.
But what would they look like (the younger ones) after they got cleaned up, ate right, and got off meth?

The guys I worked with who did meth didn't look that bad, in fact, they looked normal. But they would dry out from time to time.

The right to self destruct should be as fundamental as the right to keep and bear arms. The fact that most of us choose not to, make us different. It's the ability to fail, that makes success sweeter.

We are lucky that we have a government and it's agents, who know what is best for us, and will regulate and restrict things like meth, seat belt use, how big a soft drink can be, how much salt and sugar can be in our food, and the lethality of our firearms. And that it's agents are so eager to enforce those rules, they won't even take the time to make sure they are attacking the right place.

And we are just now beginning understand just how much our government cares for us, with all the regulations from the Feral bureaucracies.

Oh yeah. Government is great. Government is good. Let us thank it for our food.

Ever notice that people who say "There is no I in TEAM" are the ones always riding your coattails?
Rooster Rugburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:06   #44
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Well, I've seen quite a few after their stint in lockup/rehab, still s mess on the outside, and as for their inside.....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:26   #45
M&P Shooter
Metal Member

Meth before/after photos

Before Meth
The Okie Corral

After Meth
The Okie Corral
Old 01-27-2013, 12:37   #46
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn View Post
The right to self destruct should be as fundamental as the right to keep and bear arms. The fact that most of us choose not to, make us different. It's the ability to fail, that makes success sweeter.
Very good point. When it comes down to it, the only issue I have with drug use is when they rob another's castle to pay for it. HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:02   #47
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
Very good point. When it comes down to it, the only issue I have with drug use is when they rob another's castle to pay for it. HH
That's why legalizing it, lowering the price and increasing availability would improve the situation.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:05   #48
gwalchmai
Lucky Member

Anybody seen the GEICO ad with Eddie Money running a travel agency?
gwalchmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:25   #49
USMCsilver
I Like Monkeys

Send a message via AIM to USMCsilver Send a message via Yahoo to USMCsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsoftpaw View Post
I need to become a cook and trade my cookies for favors.

"Kiss my ass, I bought a boat! I'm goin' out to sea..." (Jimmy Buffett covering Lovett)
USMCsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:34   #50
John_NJ

That stuff will kill you FAST!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Don’t respond to the stupidity of a fool; you’ll only look foolish yourself. Proverbs 26:4
John_NJ is offline   Reply With Quote