Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-01-2013, 22:08   #226
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock1911revolver View Post
HOLY CRAP!! I GOT QUOTED BY CF!!!

I've been lurking on this forum for a long time, so I am familiar with a few members and their personalities.

This is a rite of passage comparible to driving a car for the first time, shooting a gun for the first time, or losing one's virginity (okay, forget that last one, you already had a "bromance" thread).
Oh dear God. That's it. I quit.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 22:10   #227
glock1911revolver
Vice-Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Oh dear God. That's it. I quit.

glock1911revolver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 23:13   #228
countrygun

Quote:
Take this for example. I bet if you smell the display it smells like it came right out of your butt.
I have always suspected, despite your pontification, that this was bout the sum of your knowledge of capitalism and business in general.

You have your little parrot like talking points but somehow you just can't adapt to things they don't fit.

Thanks for the demonstration.

countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:35   #229
rdm1962

Many of the after pictures look like the Zombies from the the "Walking Dead" show on AMC.

Last edited by rdm1962; 02-02-2013 at 11:35..
rdm1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:39   #230
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
No, no, no. You have it all wrong. The big money folks buy this stuff for pennies and don't take any risk. They just set the prices. If it were made legal, they'd just keep the prices high. The kilo of cocaine they send north doesn't have any value, just "potential value".

You see, narcotics are completely immune from market forces and all other economic principles.
They are not immune, but they are not effected by a lot of principals that other businesses are governed by.

For example, if you owned a grocery store, and your competitor was undercutting you, your first thought probably wouldn't be to kill the owner of the competing store, and then kill all of the employees by decapitation, lining there heads up on the sidewalk in front as a message.

That would be the first thought of the people who are supplying drug users with drugs. And, has been pointed out numerous times, something drug users don't really want to talk about or take any responsibility for.

There are only a few places in the world cocaine can be manufactured, for instance. Whether it is legal or not here, you are going to have to deal with the narco-terrorist (Carlos Lehders description of himself) who control it.

And, their rules are still going to apply. Like the mafia after prohibition, the narco-terrorists aren't going anywhere, no matter what, until we start treating the problem like the national security issue it really is, rather than as a crime.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:49   #231
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
They are not immune, but they are not effected by a lot of principals that other businesses are governed by.

For example, if you owned a grocery store, and your competitor was undercutting you, your first thought probably wouldn't be to kill the owner of the competing store, and then kill all of the employees by decapitation, lining there heads up on the sidewalk in front as a message.
Yes, that would be my first thought, actually. My other thought would be to dress as police officers, bring them all outside like a raid, then signal my associates to machine gun them while they are up against a wall. I think it would work best on Valentine's day.

Quote:
That would be the first thought of the people who are supplying drug users with drugs. And, has been pointed out numerous times, something drug users don't really want to talk about or take any responsibility for.
Of course it is. They have to operate outside the legal system. Drug users don't have any responsibility for it. They don't cause it. The government does. Does the CEO of Pfizer do that to the CEO of Eli Lilly? Why not?

Quote:
There are only a few places in the world cocaine can be manufactured, for instance. Whether it is legal or not here, you are going to have to deal with the narco-terrorist (Carlos Lehders description of himself) who control it.
What kind of terrorist was Alphonse Capone?

Quote:
And, their rules are still going to apply. Like the mafia after prohibition, the narco-terrorists aren't going anywhere, no matter what, until we start treating the problem like the national security issue it really is, rather than as a crime.
The mafia left bootlegging and speak easy clubs, did they not?
Old 02-02-2013, 07:49   #232
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
I have always suspected, despite your pontification, that this was bout the sum of your knowledge of capitalism and business in general.

You have your little parrot like talking points but somehow you just can't adapt to things they don't fit.

Thanks for the demonstration.

Oh, just keep making crap up as you go along. It makes for good fun.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:44   #233
BicycleDay43
00 Buck dude

Quote:
What a load of garbage.
*sigh*

Some people will always just blindly doubt anything new to them without a satisfactory amount of personal experience to back it up. I have a feeling this is a blatant case right here.

And to Airmotive: Yes, I'm recovering and I'm proud to admit it. I wouldn't trade life experience, good or bad for ANYTHING. I feel like going through certain things at a younger age was a beautiful thing in the long run.
posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by BicycleDay43; 02-02-2013 at 08:48..
BicycleDay43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:49   #234
airmotive
Tin Kicker

Quote:

I think if you asked just about any drug user, they would MUCH rather be able to openly grow a few pot plants on their window sill, or go visit a coca or opium farm that processes its own product...sort of like we have vineyards that make wine and brewhauses and the bourbon trail.

Why aren't distillery operators killing each other?
Because they don't have to any more.
Oh...but they used to. A lot.
Back when alcohol was illegal.

BTW bicycle...I don't congratulate people for recovering.
My sister was a recovering addict for nearly 10 years. I remember hearing people congratulate her for her recovery. Then she relapsed and died in 2006.
I will say I'm happy you made it this far.
I save congratulations for making it to the end.

Last edited by airmotive; 02-02-2013 at 08:54..
airmotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:54   #235
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BicycleDay43 View Post
*sigh*

Some people will always just blindly doubt anything new to them without a satisfactory amount of personal experience to back it up. I have a feeling this is a blatant case right here.

And to Airmotive: Yes, I'm recovering and I'm proud to admit it. I wouldn't trade life experience, good or bad for ANYTHING. I feel like going through certain things at a younger age was a beautiful thing in the long run.
Read on
Old 02-02-2013, 09:01   #236
BicycleDay43
00 Buck dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Nope - years of experience with the losers who use them is more than enough. I don't have to get a lobotamy to know it doesn't make you smarter.
The topic I was discussing isn't at all related to whether drugs increase or decrease intelligence. I simply made it known through my own personal experience that the FDA does indeed essentially give children meth to focus on schooling and day to day life. I'm also here to tell you that those same medications have an affect on the mind psycologically, equivelent to the affects of meth on the body physically.

I'm seriously just trying to be genuine here, guys. Take my experience with both drugs or leave it. This country will see soon enough, the affect that drugs take on peoples minds who trust the media and goverment just a bit too much.

-BD43

Old 02-02-2013, 09:09   #237
BicycleDay43
00 Buck dude

Quote:
Read on
I judged your experience with adderall a bit too quickly, there. This one's all on me. I hope you have nothing but a smooth sailing experience with this particular narcotic, sir.

-BD43 :Wavey:

Last edited by BicycleDay43; 02-02-2013 at 09:10..
Old 02-02-2013, 09:09   #238
.264 magnum
CLM Number 121
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Cigarettes are cheap to manufacture, it's the taxes on them that make them expensive, people don't pay taxes on illegal products. Legalize and it will become regulated, hence taxed.
Sure. But if cigs were made illegal that amount of land devoted to tobacco would fall but what - 99.5% maybe.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:18   #239
.264 magnum
CLM Number 121
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Mhmm...

And when was the last time you smoked a bowl of crystal? Took adderall?

You must have at least SOME personal experience with BOTH drugs to back up your disbelief, correct?

I don't need to self immolate to know that doing so is a life altering or life ending event.

No crack no adderall for me, that said I had a very bad drug problem in college that nearly wrecked my life, powered heroin was my worst monkey.

I'd say 80 or 90% or so of people who drink live happy and productive lives. I'd say 80 or 90% of those who use crystal for any length of time risk having their lives cycle out of control.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:31   #240
gwalchmai
Lucky Member

Quote:
Reminds me of the time a few years ago I was checking out at Ingles and noticed the nametag the cashier was wearing said "Vladimir Harkonnen".
gwalchmai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:35   #241
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
I judged your experience with adderall a bit too quickly, there. This one's all on me. I hope you have nothing but a smooth sailing experience with this particular narcotic, sir.

-BD43 :Wavey:

Likewise I wish you the best of luck in your recovery.

Like I said, I've taken ritalin off and on for 20 years. it works wonders for me but I tire of living by a dosing schedule after a while and take breaks. Tried the adderall at doctor's suggestion and really couldn't wait for the 30 days to be up. Yuck. Agitated. Even sleepy. Useless focus. Irritable.

After taking ritalin for a year or more and stopping suddenly, I get drowsy and a little foggy headed for a couple days. That's it. No addiction. Easier to quit than coffee.

My objection to your post is lumping them all in together. They're all different drugs with different effects on different people. Time release adderall can be crushed. IIRC, Desoxyn is only available in time release and it is in a plastic matrix that can't be crushed.

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 02-02-2013 at 09:36..
Old 02-02-2013, 09:35   #242
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by .264 magnum View Post
I don't need to self immolate to know that doing so is a life altering or life ending event.

No crack no adderall for me, that said I had a very bad drug problem in college that nearly wrecked my life, powered heroin was my worst monkey.

I'd say 80 or 90% or so of people who drink live happy and productive lives. I'd say 80 or 90% of those who use crystal for any length of time risk having their lives cycle out of control.
Never saw that coming.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:18   #243
klmmicro

Send a message via Yahoo to klmmicro

Wow...makes me want to run right out and git me sum a dat! Freakin' sad.

*10 Ring, MBR and Reloading Clubs: #436*
klmmicro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:51   #244
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Because drugs are illegal they are black market products. This, by default, means that criminals are involved. These criminal businessmen cannot seek legal redress for their grievances and thus resort to violence. Often, the most violent sociopath is the most successful.

Likewise, the consumers are participating in the black market. This, by definition, makes them criminals. They can't seek legal redress for their grievances either. The black market also means they pay inflated prices, putting them in unnecessarily difficult financial circumstances, further contributing to criminal activity.

The exact same dynamic played out with alcohol prohibition.

It is completely understandable that Series and other LEO here hold the views they do about drugs and the drug trade since, by default, they spend(t) a good portion of their careers dealing with criminals participating in a black market. I'm sure Chicago cops and Treasury Agents felt the same way during prohibition as that market was awash in violence and illicit activity as well.

When prohibition ended, alcohol consumption went down. Prices went down. By and large the violence associated with the liquor BUSINESS disappeared. This is not to say that all problems associated with alcohol went away. Not by a long shot. But, we generally don't have alcoholics robbing houses and jacking cars to buy a pint of whiskey. Yes, bootlegging still exists but it is a boutique industry. Yes, there is still illegal activity associated with avoiding liquor taxes but it is a relatively isolated practice and people no longer get machine-gunned on the street over it. The payback for that illegal activity still exists but the return is dramatically reduced proportionate to the risk. Instead, most organized crime turned to other endeavors with greater profit potential, like narcotics, gambling, banking.
Old 02-02-2013, 16:18   #245
BicycleDay43
00 Buck dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by .264 magnum View Post

The argument isn't about whether meth is life altering or not. I was simply trying to show the small, yet significant similarities between crystal and a few FDA controlled narcotics.

Black tar was my downfall for a while as well, brother. I'm genuinly happy to hear you got away from it.

-BD43

Old 02-02-2013, 16:22   #246
poikilotrm

Quote:
Yet there are people who use it recreationally and even medically and never become freakish like that. Puzzling.
That doesn't serve to funnel funds towards cops.
poikilotrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 16:24   #247
Snowman92D

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdm1962 View Post
Many of the after pictures look like the Zombies from the the "Walking Dead" show on AMC.
I rather thought they looked like your average Ron Paul flash-mob member.
Snowman92D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 16:49   #248
Rick305
ra1sales.com

Quote:
For anyone wanting to say drugs like adderall are safe because they're legal, I'm here to tell you you're wrong. I escaped the depressing, dark grasps of adderall after being heavily medicated throughout high school. I'm here to tell you that you really don't need to look any further past the reason for a mind like Adam Lanza's than medicating children with essentially legal crystal. I've done enough adderall (On a perscription) to destroy any childs mind and I've smoked Crystal Meth. There SERIOUSLY isn't a whole lot of difference between the mental effects.

Honestly, if you think alcohol and anti-depressants are somehow acceptable because they're legal, but think Crystal Meth is any different, I have some t-shirts to sell you.
Wow , I'm sorry your medication didn't work out for you. I have ADHD and take 90mg per day for years and I have no side effects -- I don't know much about regular doses but I've been told my daily dose is high ... I am perfectly healthy , don't smoke or drink -- and since I've been taking Adderall I have made significant progress in life ...

I didn't know what any of this stuff was 3 years ago , but I had a brain scan and did some testing and it was determined that I had inattentive ADHD -- I had a rough time getting things done and keeping things in control such as work and commitments and it was just getting worse. Apparently some part of my brain needed stimulation and after taking the medication I noticed an improvement a few weeks after.

So it definitely can be beneficial ... my teeth are perfect (lol) , my life is much more organized and structured and I've since accomplished many things I don't believe I could before the diagnosis.

My dose of 90mg per day is because of my metabolism , it sucks it didn't work for you but I can take naps all the time and I go to sleep early every night ... I've read the articles about Adderal and it doesn't work like that for me -- I am calmer and more relaxed on Adderall I'm not "buzzing" at all.

But bottom line people are misunderstanding many facts about drugs , and as I stated methamphetamine is available per prescription in the US it's called Desoxyn.
Old 02-02-2013, 17:44   #249
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick305 View Post
Wow , I'm sorry your medication didn't work out for you. I have ADHD and take 90mg per day for years and I have no side effects -- I don't know much about regular doses but I've been told my daily dose is high ... I am perfectly healthy , don't smoke or drink -- and since I've been taking Adderall I have made significant progress in life ...

I didn't know what any of this stuff was 3 years ago , but I had a brain scan and did some testing and it was determined that I had inattentive ADHD -- I had a rough time getting things done and keeping things in control such as work and commitments and it was just getting worse. Apparently some part of my brain needed stimulation and after taking the medication I noticed an improvement a few weeks after.

So it definitely can be beneficial ... my teeth are perfect (lol) , my life is much more organized and structured and I've since accomplished many things I don't believe I could before the diagnosis.

My dose of 90mg per day is because of my metabolism , it sucks it didn't work for you but I can take naps all the time and I go to sleep early every night ... I've read the articles about Adderal and it doesn't work like that for me -- I am calmer and more relaxed on Adderall I'm not "buzzing" at all.

But bottom line people are misunderstanding many facts about drugs , and as I stated methamphetamine is available per prescription in the US it's called Desoxyn.
Yup.

Makes it easier to sleep bc my life is orderly and I don't have random thoughts swirling in my brain

As wonderful as adderall is for you it's terrible for me but Ritalin and d-amphetamine are like tuning a radio for me

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 02-02-2013 at 17:46..
Old 02-02-2013, 21:03   #250
BicycleDay43
00 Buck dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick305 View Post

Its kind of a "your outcome may vary" issue. I'm glad it worked out for you. There's always a potential for negative side affects with any drug, illegal or legal.

-BD43

Last edited by BicycleDay43; 02-03-2013 at 03:02..