Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:30   #1
HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out

Democrats may stand in Obama’s way on gun measures

http://www.starherald.com/news/natio...9bb2963f4.html

Look for universal background checks (registration) and magazine capacity bans as "compromises" As if gun banners are actually giving something up.
HerrGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:10   #2
gwalchmai
Lucky Member

While both are terrible, I think universal background checks are a greater threat to our freedom than an AWB. Registration dooms us all.
gwalchmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:12   #3
FullClip
CLM Number 171
NRA Benefactor

Think only the Dems who are up for re-election in 2014 will balk at not following "Our Dear Leaders" orders.
I'm even worried about my own states One RINO senator and the newly anointed "Independent". Both of them seem to want Maine to be just like Massachusetts. The Dem Congress people from Maine would do anything to make Pelosi and Feinstein happy and throw us "Old Fashioned" Mainiacs under the bus.

Last edited by FullClip; 01-27-2013 at 05:13.. Reason: added an "m" to "see" to make is say "seem'
FullClip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:23   #4
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalchmai View Post
While both are terrible, I think universal background checks are a greater threat to our freedom than an AWB. Registration dooms us all.
Maybe, but I think it's too late to worry about registration.

How many of us do not own a single gun that was bought from an FFL with a background check, or have a CCW permit? If you have 1 gun bought with a NICS check, or even 1 you bought before NICS, with a 4473, or you have a CCW, that is enough for the government to know you have a gun if they start confiscating. (No, I don't believe they don't keep a record of every single NICS check) You might be OK if it's only partial confiscation and your store-bought gun isn't banned, but they'll get to you eventually.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:24   #5
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullClip View Post
Think only the Dems who are up for re-election in 2014 will balk at not following "Our Dear Leaders" orders.
I'm even worried about my own states One RINO senator and the newly anointed "Independent". Both of them seem to want Maine to be just like Massachusetts. The Dem Congress people from Maine would do anything to make Pelosi and Feinstein happy and throw us "Old Fashioned" Mainiacs under the bus.
Being a New England democrat may be a lot different than being a midwestern democrat - nobody in Mass. will ever lose a job for going anti-gun; people in Ohio and Kansas and Iowa will.

Last edited by Bren; 01-27-2013 at 05:25..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:27   #6
FullClip
CLM Number 171
NRA Benefactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Being a New England democrat may be a lot different than being a midwestern democrat - nobody in Mass. will ever lose a job for going anti-gun; people in Ohio and Kansas and Iowa will.
Hope you're right on this one. Maine used to be pretty conservative, but now it seems we want to be the "Kalifornia" of the East Coast.

If I weren't so lazy and old I'd think about moving.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:37   #7
The Fed

If they don't change the present form of background checks then only the FFL who does the background check will have the record of it. Of course, the BATF can take the records to find out who bought a gun. I'm sure just about everyone bought at least one gun from a gun store so if the feds come to your home looking to take your guns they'll have probable cause to search.

I don't like it either but I think it will pass. But that's the only thing I think will pass the House.

Last edited by The Fed; 01-27-2013 at 05:39..
The Fed is offline   Reply With Quote