Important Notice: The site is currently being upgraded to a new software system. This process could take a day or two to complete. During that time, we are going to leave the site up here, on its old software. WHAT GETS POSTED HERE DURING THIS TRANSITION WILL NOT BE COPIED OVER ONTO THE NEW SITE, WHEN THE UPGRADE IS COMPLETE. When we swap over, the content posted while this message is visible will be lost. We wanted to give you folks a place to hang out and talk while we worked though. We will let you know when we are finished. Please pardon the inconvenience, during this transition.

Home Forums Classifieds GT Store Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-17-2015, 18:14   #1
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
LWD Billett Locking Block #1447

4/17/2015 LWD is offering a Billet Locking Block (item number LWD-1447) that fits full size Glock pistols. This quality CNC machined LB offers maximum strength by removing draft angles common with MIM parts and has the capacity to improve accuracy by providing a consistent platform for your barrel.

500 pcs right out of the tumbler this afternoon!
Gun-Parts & Access.

Single piece #1447
Gun-Parts & Access.

We are interested in your opinion. Check out our web page for more information: http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.a...=JR%20LWD-1447
If you are interested in test driving one of these please feel free to take an additional 50% off your purchase price by using this limited time coupon: LWD-1447GT.

GT has always been good to LWD. A lot of you guys have worked with us on new releases in the past and we really do appreciate your continued support!

BTW: Glock factory Armorer price for a MIM LB is $18.00 The LWD part is far superior and costs 33% less ($12.48)
Starts shipping Monday 4-20

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by JR; 04-20-2015 at 11:43..
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 19:01   #2
jlo86cj

Do they work on gen4 17's and 34's?
jlo86cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 19:06   #3
Rocky7
(FESTUS)

Sorry I shoot GSSF and this would only be allowed in (1) category Unlimited.

It's not about how hard you hit,it's about how hard you can get hit and move forward.
Rocky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 19:09   #4
JR
GT Sponsor

Fits all Gen3, Gen4 full size pistols. G17,20,21,22,24,31,34,35,37

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 04-17-2015, 19:14   #5
JR
GT Sponsor

Rockey7: Everything LWD does is forbidden by Glock Inc.
LWD- DAS ist verboten, translation: THAT is forbidden!
LWD is supposed to crawl into the fetal position and die!

Old 04-17-2015, 19:20   #6
gunsmoke92

Very nice JR! If it would fit my 30SF, I'd be all over it. Guess I'll have to get something larger.

Good Luck
S&W Club #92, Snubbie club #92, The 21 Club #92, The Big Dawg club #1992
gunsmoke92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 19:58   #7
JR
GT Sponsor

I have compact LB prototypes in hand. Final production is anticipated to start by May 1st. Add a week for production and 2 weeks for heat treat. I seriously anticipate sales by the end of May.

Old 04-18-2015, 06:01   #8
Rocky7
(FESTUS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
4/17/2015 LWD is offering a Billet Locking Block (item number LWD-1447) that fits full size Glock pistols. This quality CNC machined LB offers maximum strength by removing draft angles common with MIM parts and has the capacity to improve accuracy by providing a consistent platform for your barrel.

500 pcs right out of the tumbler this afternoon!
Gun-Parts & Access.

Single piece #1447
Gun-Parts & Access.

We are interested in your opinion. Check out our web page for more information: http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.a...ocking%20block
If you are interested in test driving one of these please feel free to take an additional 50% off your purchase price by using this limited time coupon: LWD-1447GT.

GT has always been good to LWD. A lot of you guys have worked with us on new releases in the past and we really do appreciate your continued support!

BTW: Glock factory Armorer price for a MIM LB is $18.00 The LWD part is far superior and costs 33% less ($12.48)
Starts shipping Monday 4-20
Quote:
Rockey7: Everything LWD does is forbidden by Glock Inc.
LWD- DAS ist verboten, translation: THAT is forbidden!
LWD is supposed to crawl into the fetal position and die!
I guess there is two thought processes with the consumer in the middle: 1) do you buy precription drugs from the Pharmacy or a drug dealer 2) do you buy the name brand or buy generic and save money.

From your comment #1 is Glocks feeling towards you and potentially other after market suppliers. Comment #2 for those consumers looking to save money. I appreciate your business enthusiasm and wish you good fortune in your endeavors, realizing that your liability to those consumers is paramount and you have made arrangements to insure that situation.

It's not about how hard you hit,it's about how hard you can get hit and move forward.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:21   #9
JBP55

Order placed.
JBP55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 11:46   #10
CDW4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoke92 View Post
Very nice JR! If it would fit my 30SF, I'd be all over it. Guess I'll have to get something larger.

Good Luck
Me too!
The one in my 30 SF is MIM

Please make these in the 19/23 size.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:56   #11
JR
GT Sponsor

CDW4ME: The current LB offered is not intended for use in the G30. I have prototypes of this LB in hand. I expect them to be available for delivery before the end of May

Old 04-18-2015, 12:10   #12
gooffeyguy

I would try one if you have them available for the compact models (19,23,32).
gooffeyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 12:20   #13
JR
GT Sponsor

Hey Rocky, you are funny! I never assume anything however…… considering the number of your posts and the analogy you presented, I now have no doubt you are totally ignorant regarding locking blocks. I see you have enthusiasm for Glock products, are you willing to take in a little knowledge? This could be good for you? The practical application of knowledge is known as wisdom. Wisdom will allow you to submit creditable analogies and help you contribute to the thread instead of tearing it down.

Glock Inc uses the MIM (Metal Injection Molding) process to manufacture their locking blocks. MIM products have their production cost advantages however holding exacting tolerances is not one of them. It is possible to improve MIM tolerances with tighter process control but this may reduce process efficiency and increase cost.

LWD manufactures this same part using certified aerospace billet steel. Holding an absolute tolerance provides the best platform for your barrel. Draft angles are removed from the original design so more material (making it stronger) is available. Features such as these contribute towards inherit accuracy. If you wanted to milk the most of your pistols accuracy the LWD locking block would provide the platform in which it could do so. No other single part has that capability.

Old 04-18-2015, 12:53   #14
19crew

Is this not an issue on the compacts and gen 4 guns? Did they change something in their design or are you just testing the full size platform first?

I can't help either way since I have a gen 2 & 4 - 19, just curious though.

Last edited by 19crew; 04-18-2015 at 12:53..
19crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 13:07   #15
elde
Lifetime Membership

JR, please advise when the compact product is available - I can use 3 or 4 of those.

BTW I'm still a huge fan/proponent of my Timberwolf frame.

elde
elde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 13:30   #16
Rocky7
(FESTUS)

Quote:
Hey Rocky, you are funny! I never assume anything however…… considering the number of your posts and the analogy you presented, I now have no doubt you are totally ignorant regarding locking blocks. I see you have enthusiasm for Glock products, are you willing to take in a little knowledge? This could be good for you? The practical application of knowledge is known as wisdom. Wisdom will allow you to submit creditable analogies and help you contribute to the thread instead of tearing it down.

Glock Inc uses the MIM (Metal Injection Molding) process to manufacture their locking blocks. MIM products have their production cost advantages however holding exacting tolerances is not one of them. It is possible to improve MIM tolerances with tighter process control but this may reduce process efficiency and increase cost.

LWD manufactures this same part using certified aerospace billet steel. Holding an absolute tolerance provides the best platform for your barrel. Draft angles are removed from the original design so more material (making it stronger) is available. Features such as these contribute towards inherit accuracy. If you wanted to milk the most of your pistols accuracy the LWD locking block would provide the platform in which it could do so. No other single part has that capability.
JR. I consider a locking block and barrel to come from Glock, that combination surpasses my skill set, the need to do better does not exist.

If the analogy offended I apologize, it was probably response to your proposed fetal position.

My posts do not reflect posts as Festus when I joinned in 2001, I suppose those today are impressed with that number, I never judged on volume but value.

Always willing to learn about stuff, my past was Purchasing Director over a span of 40 years specializing in castings, forgings and machining.

I hope those reading and yourself will enjoy relationships that end in safety, and fullfillment.

Old 04-18-2015, 13:40   #17
Cycletroll

JR,

Thanks for the new product. The locking block is one of the few factory Glock parts I have broken. Probably has something to do with running very hot .45 Super loads in my G21

I will be ordering a couple for the two G21's I run and will be sure to give you some feedback on how they hold up to heavy use. Tighter lockup with the LW barrels I use in those guns would be an added benefit
I always keep a couple locking blocks in my range bag since I have cracked one in the past so the higher quality ones at lesser costs is great. Thanks!
Cycletroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 14:48   #18
scotty27

Ordered!!
scotty27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 17:26   #19
Sublimeon24s

Need to make them for the 19......and offer the same 50% code!!

Last edited by Sublimeon24s; 04-18-2015 at 17:27..
Sublimeon24s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 17:40   #20
JBP55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublimeon24s View Post
Need to make them for the 19......and offer the same 50% code!!
Read post 7.
JBP55 is offline   Reply With Quote