Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 14:43   #961
PhotoFeller

[quote=RJ's Guns;20155478]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFeller View Post

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]

I believe that for an opinion to be valid or given any weight/credibility the person giving said opinion must have relevant education, training, skill, or experience, and knowledge in a particular subject matter. Therefore it is proper to draw the reader’s attention to the fact that vandros has admitted that he isa relative newcomer to gun-owning community.”

As appears to be the norm with you, you are wrong, once again. Just because I do not like Glocks and no longer carry a Glock, does not mean that I have not, in the past, carried a Glock for a substantial period of time.

Re; those "who have chosen C3, are based on concealed carry of a Glock pistol."

If that is the case, any clear thinking individual would recommend carrying another type of handgun, instead of carrying a Glock in C3, with all the limitations thereto and the alleged hazards that you claim are attendant to carrying a Glock in condition 1.

Did you not post that you were through posting on this thread. I knew that your ego would not allow you to quit, so it came as no great surprise to me that you continue to dominate, ad nauseum, this thread

RJ
I was finished, but I changed my mind. April fool! (Did I promise to stop posting on April 1st?)

My ego brought me back, you say? Actually, I don't need to joust with you to maintain a fairly healthy ego.
Old 04-04-2013, 14:58   #962
1911pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit1069 View Post
Perhaps, perhaps not. Do you know for a fact that sworn LEO have the option to carry the issue sidearm in the condition he/she desires, or they're under orders to carry in a particular condition?
They are told to carry with a round in the chamber.
Old 04-04-2013, 15:08   #963
1911pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlenGunClub View Post
I'm shocked I got a sticky thread in my second thread on this site. Thank you gentlemen for the good advice, as well as the laughs. I carry my G23 daily in C1 in an MIC holster, as someone on this site linked me to in a PM. I love it. I hope others have gotten as much amusement out of this thread as I have. Thanks again guys.
Cool!
Old 04-04-2013, 15:16   #964
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911pro View Post
I know all I need to know from your posts. They are all over analyzing garbage asking everyone to justify what you should already have the common sense to understand. Maybe I shouldn't have offended teachers as a whole. I do apologize to those few who are not left wing idiots.
You're gonna have to be careful about using the term "common sense" here at GT. It is now considered to be an 'anti-gun' term that is used by Biden, the Brady bunch, Schumer and the other Progressives to dupe us into believing more gun control measures are "just common sense for protecting the kids". That term is a no-no!

You say it is intuitively obvious that Glock pistols should be carried C1 by everyone regardless of their competence level. I believe it can be shown quite conclusively by posts here and in other threads that people new to guns who have little/no experience and training can be quite dangerous to themselves and others. Your logic is flawed, and your wholesale advise could get someone hurt.

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 04-04-2013 at 16:01..
Old 04-04-2013, 15:25   #965
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlenGunClub View Post
Hey guys,
I just got my CHL in TX and am deciding how I will carry my G23. I have heard arguments for keeping one in the chamber and keeping all in the clip, and I'm still stuck on the decision. I want y'alls opinions. I feel uneasy carrying one in the chamber as the glock has no external safety, but I don't want to waste time and possibly alert an enemy racking the slide if it ever comes down to it. Help me Glock Talk.
Here is a guy who has been persuaded by our advice to carry C1. This is the OP that we're all talking about in this thread. I'm thinking he sounds like someone who should have started a little lower on the learning curve than jumpin' immediately into C1. At least the MIC device securely covers the trigger.

Good work, guys. Or as 1911 says Cool!!

[Sorry I needed to edit this post, dangit. I misspelled a word. Now the edit police are gonna be all over me!]

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 04-04-2013 at 15:59..
Old 04-04-2013, 15:39   #966
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
I'm not attacking your person by saying that...I'm just trying to help you find somewhere to post your comments where they would be more welcome!
Really? You are trying to help me. Saying I don't belong here if I post a certain view isn't a little personal? Saying I need a membership with the Democrat Underground isn't a little personal?

I don't care about your post saying I don't belong. I don't like you following a different standard than you hold me to.
Old 04-04-2013, 15:59   #967
unit1069

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911pro View Post
They are told to carry with a round in the chamber.
That's exactly what I thought, but you preferred to frame your answer as the officer's choice which it clearly isn't.

Quote:
You do not see cops running around with empty chambers for a reason. (1911pro)
Quote:
Really it is just the very simple fact that the officer wants to stay alive. Carrying with an empty chamber puts a person at a disadvantage. It really is that easy. (1911pro)
So let's now stipulate that for sworn LEO the choice to carry his/her issue sidearm in C1 isn't optional. Thank you for establishing far more validity to my original statements than I could ever have.

Quote:
Would one of those reasons be due to the fact that LEO are assigned to patrol areas most prone to crime? Or that LEO are trained as first responders to situations where the use of force may be required under more possible scenarios than can be predicted at the time?

How many anecdotes have we read about LEO personnel never having to even draw their issue weapons in the course of their careers? The fact that LEOs must qualify regularly with their issue weapons is no guarantee they're any more effective with them than are civilians; however the big "BUT" is that if suddenly confronted with a dangerous situation the officer is required to respond, if possible. Civilians are not legally required to respond.

Last edited by unit1069; 04-04-2013 at 16:06..
Old 04-04-2013, 16:10   #968
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
Really? You are trying to help me. Saying I don't belong here if I post a certain view isn't a little personal? Saying I need a membership with the Democrat Underground isn't a little personal?

I don't care about your post saying I don't belong. I don't like you following a different standard than you hold me to.
Good...I got my point across. You told another person they didn't belong, yet when you were told the same thing in a little bit of a different manner, you were insulted? Maybe you won't do that to another person again, you think?

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Old 04-04-2013, 16:11   #969
1911pro

Quote:
You're gonna have to be careful about using the term "common sense" here at GT. It is now considered to be an 'anti-gun' term that is used by Biden, the Brady bunch, Schumer and the other Progressives to dupe us into believing more gun control measures are "just common sense for protecting the kids". That term is a no-no!

You say it is intuitively obvious that Glock pistols should be carried C1 by everyone regardless their competence level. I believe it can be shown quite conclusively by posts here and in other threads that people new to guns who have little/no experience and training can be quite dangerous to themselves and others. Your logic is flawed, and your wholesale advise could get someone hurt.
Ever heard of "Common Sense, Rights of Man." It was used by Thomas Paine way before any of those idiots you listed. You may have a reading and comprehension problem. Maybe you should go back and have your wife read my previous posts to you so you can understand them? The Glock is made to be carried with a round in the chamber. If it makes you crap your depends then:
A. Get some training so you can from keep finger banging the trigger like your date on prom night.
B. Carry with an empty chamber because you cannot keep away from that inevitable feeling of crapping yourself.
C. Get something with about a 12 pound trigger pull.
Notice A,B, and C said nothing about sitting home on your computer telling all how safe you are while trying to make them justify the need and safety of carrying with a round in the chamber. I am sure you will never do "A" because that would cause a real world experience, but that is the preffered answer.
Old 04-04-2013, 16:26   #970
1911pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit1069 View Post
That's exactly what I thought, but you preferred to frame your answer as the officer's choice which it clearly isn't.

So let's now stipulate that for sworn LEO the choice to carry his/her issue sidearm in C1 isn't optional. Thank you for establishing far more validity to my original statements than I could ever have.
So who's choice is it you ask? Those who train these officers to stay alive. I am still wondering what validity your statement has?
Old 04-04-2013, 16:35   #971
1911pro

Quote:
Here is a guy who has been persuaded by our advice to carry C1. This is the OP that we're all talking about in this thread. I'm thinking he sounds like someone who should have started a little lower on the learning curve than jumpin' immediately into C1. At least the MIC device securely covers the trigger.

Good work, guys. Or as 1911 says Cool!!

[Sorry I needed to edit this post, dangit. I misspelled a word. Now the edit police are gonna be all over me!]
Again. COMMON SENSE has prevailed.

Closed Thread