Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 16:37   #826
Clusterfrack

LadyGlock--you sound like a very strong willed woman. Have you reported his threats to the police? Filed charges and a restraining order? These steps will be helpful if this scumbag shows up and you shoot him.
Old 03-19-2013, 16:57   #827
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
LadyGlock--you sound like a very strong willed woman. Have you reported his threats to the police? Filed charges and a restraining order? These steps will be helpful if this scumbag shows up and you shoot him.
His threats will be reported if/when he is paroled. So far we have gone through 3 parole hearings, and he has been denied every time. He is currently serving an 85 year sentence in the Texas prison in Abilene Tx. He had to serve 15 years before his first hearings, now it's every 3 years by state law.

If he is ever released, I will get an updated photo of him, turn it in to the local PD and tell them if I call to report him near me, they better hurry or bring a body bag...one of us will not make it out. Not to mention, when he is released, one of the terms of his release is that he is not to be near me. I don't know that I want to turn my address over to him, so I'm not sure how that is handled.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Old 03-19-2013, 17:00   #828
Clusterfrack

Best of luck. Hope he dies in prison.
Old 03-19-2013, 17:19   #829
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
Best of luck. Hope he dies in prison.
Thank you so much...me too (I thought we had a praying smilie)

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Old 03-19-2013, 18:53   #830
cityborncountrylivin

99.9 % of the lifespan of your gun will be around those you love and not involved in fighting for your life. It is more important that your gun not go bang when you don't want it to than go bang when you want it to. If you have an accidental/inadvertant discharge it will most likely be around those you love or otherwise innocent parties. learn to read situations so that you draw, chamber and point your firearm in appropriate situations. You might need a safety or to safe your firearm to check a friends pulse, remove a child, control a pet. Carry a "lemon squeezer" ( S&W 40) like the old time cops in an outer coat pocket that give you 5 rounds of .38 before you access you semiauto.
Old 03-19-2013, 21:00   #831
Smooth_squeeze
CM9 - big bite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFeller View Post
Can you say at what age you were attacked? Did situational awareness fail you?

I'm not searching for details of where or how your attack(s) happened.

I know that from age 18 to my mid 20s, I ventured into many situations that were potentially dangerous. After hours spots, beverage emporiums in questionable areas, off-post GI clubs and all-night restaurants were occassional destinations. That stage of my life could have been disastrous. I wondered if your attack might have happened during a similar, adventurous stage.

When I was out and about in the old days, situational awareness wasn't top of mind. Our only defense was traveling in pairs and small groups. A surprise attack during that period wouldn't have been too surprising.
Sure, since you've asked, I'll fill you in a bit.

The first time I was 7 years old. 4:40 PM. Forgot my penmanship book at school, which was three blocks from my house, in a very nice neighborhood. My mother sent me back to school to get the book. Riding my 3-speed uphill on the sidewalk. Three fellows, not from the neighborhood (it was very apparent, due to their physical characteristics), were across the residential street on the sidewalk and stopped to talk and look at me intently. One of them had a big stick. I sensed something was wrong, and it sure was. They bolted out after me and my adrenaline kicked in and I started speeding uphill, easily outdistancing them. Get to the top of the hill, and another, a fourth one, jumps out from behind a very large holly bush/tree (maybe 10 feet tall?) with a sawed off garden rake pole, and gets ready to swing at me like I'm a baseball. He's probably 15 or 16, and plenty strong. I'm screaming at the top of my lungs "I'll give you the bike, don't hurt me!" and the thug swings that pole straight at my head. I ducked, and my guardian angel certainly helped me, because he totally missed hitting me. In a few seconds I was across the street and it was downhill from there. Just flew... So this time I was attacked, but not hurt. Thank God.

Another time, while on my bike I had a gang beat me up. Didn't take the bike, they apparently just wanted to beat me up a bit. Nothing broken, thank God.

Another time, I was in the park with a friend, jogging home after a baseball game when in the 7th grade. A group of about a dozen chased us down, and others came at us from the opposite direction, and stopped us on a bridge over a set of railroad tracks. My friend was big and they just punched him in the shoulder once and shoved him away. The big guys, who were 15 or 16 from what I remember, took my glasses off, and one of them punched me squarely in the nose, and lots of blood came out, of course. Then they let a little punk, maybe 12 years old, practice punching and hitting me. If I had clocked that kid, the others would probably have thrown me off that bridge. They stole what money I had, took my baseball glove and a wrist watch. A police report was filed. They didn't find anything.

Then there have been times when I've scared the bad guys off, or away from me, so I was able to flee. All these encounters I didn't have any weapon, just my wits, and a desire to live and get away. It served me well.

Was my situational awareness alive? You bet it was.

Imagine running out of gas and having to pull into a gas station in a dangerous area and having someone accost you, while 15 others watched nearby, while I shouted and acted like a crazed madman who was out for their blood. I did that and they backed off. Thank God, once again.

Photofeller, I don't ever want to go through those sorts of things again. And my alert system is always on, even if in the background. I didn't serve in the military, but having many friends who did, some in combat, what they've told me after going through combat they are unable to sleep well, and any slight noise in the night wakes them up, on full alert. I'm not like that, but I am pretty alert.

By the way, in all those circumstances it was illegal for me to have a firearm. No choice there. Something like walking down the street in Chicago or Washington, DC, today. Frickin' gun-free zones, they are...

When the going gets tough, if I have a firearm at hand, I want it ready to go, as I've said before. For me, that means C1...
Old 03-20-2013, 06:01   #832
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityborncountrylivin View Post
99.9 % of the lifespan of your gun will be around those you love and not involved in fighting for your life. It is more important that your gun not go bang when you don't want it to than go bang when you want it to.

If you have an accidental/inadvertant discharge it will most likely be around those you love or otherwise innocent parties. learn to read situations so that you draw, chamber and point your firearm in appropriate situations. You might need a safety or to safe your firearm to check a friends pulse, remove a child, control a pet.

Carry a "lemon squeezer" ( S&W Model 40, Hammerless) like the old time cops in an outer coat pocket that give you 5 rounds of .38 before you access you semi-auto.
Holy smokes! Where did you come from?

(JK!)
Old 03-20-2013, 07:09   #833
SouthernBoyVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth_squeeze View Post
Folks, the C3 Adamants (my name for those who adamantly believe in C3) may unintentionally be setting you up for a disaster when a attack is upon you. For those who are unsure how they should carry, if you have any doubt, please follow the advice of veteran concealed carriers, and while you are at it, if you know any police officers, or military personnel, bounce the idea off them. Every single policeman or veteran has told me C1, without a moment's hesitation.

If you are uncomfortable with carrying in C1, get training, and get comfortable. Practice with it. It may just save your life. And please do not overthink all this stuff. If you personally are afraid you may accidentally fire off a round if you carry in C1, get the training and practice, practice, practice.

IMHO, thinking about all the places you go and preparing to deal with a life threatening situation is good if you are even sometimes in places where bad things go down. Do you ever go to the bank? Or convenience stores? Or Walmarts? Or Sears? Or the gas station? Or anywhere outside your home? If you do, bad stuff can happen almost anywhere, including in police stations. Just because it is illegal for someone to carry a gun into a police station doesn't mean that bad stuff can't happen there. Or just about anywhere, including in your home.

Overthink this and carry in C3 and you may not live to tell about it. My humble opinion.
This is perfectly legal in Virginia. I've done it several times.

BTW, I've enjoyed reading your posts. In which part of Virginia do you reside?

Last edited by SouthernBoyVA; 03-20-2013 at 07:20..
Old 03-20-2013, 09:18   #834
Smooth_squeeze
CM9 - big bite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoyVA View Post
This is perfectly legal in Virginia. I've done it several times.

BTW, I've enjoyed reading your posts. In which part of Virginia do you reside?
Thank you, Southern Boy. I'm in northern Virginia.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:44   #835
PhotoFeller

Post eliminated.

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 03-20-2013 at 12:21..
Old 03-20-2013, 11:55   #836
ezthumper

Quote:
We often refer to situation analysis as the key to avoiding deadly encounters, but many who carry Glocks in C1 feel surprise attacks requiring split second draw/fire expertise are still quite possible. I've thought about this justification for C1 using my life circumstances as a test case, but the surprise attack scenarios just aren't obvious given my lifestyle.

It would be helpful to look at some of the most plausible scenarios that support using C1 when situation analysis fails. A surprise attack comes from someone in hiding or an unpredictable open encounter at very close range, with apparent intent to kill. Life or death combat is inevitable. The juices flow and the bullets fly. Where and why might this happen? Is the attacker a drug addict, robber, a maniac or someone we know?

Please post civilian experiences you've had or know about where C1 was required for survival. A few people have shared information about threats and actual attacks, but most support for C1 comes from theoretical SD training scenarios.

Thanks.
I have one level of awareness, all of the time. It does not change from supposed perceived threat level of environment to another.

My Uncle, who was a Sheriff received a nice blast of buck shot from a very rural, and relatively safe community. From someone he drank beers with from time to time.

My Daughter was at Virginia Tech during the shootings.

I have been shot at, with in CONUS is the most desolate places in the country....yeah no street crime there. Nor any warning what so ever that some one was hell bent on taking my beret with my head in it.

When I was in High School I have been shot at by poachers where on the ranch and where I was living, the total population with in 100 miles in any direction is about 5k.

So..yeah. My view is if you want to carry C3 go for it, just do not get in my way when I am taking care of something, and do not expect me to drag you a long because you have wet your pants trying to fire the weapon as you forget to rack it.

NOTE: I have actually seen trained young men go all buck fever or panic because the gun is jammed. and then realize they forgot to flip it to "FIRE", jack a round, or in trying to flip the go button hit the magazine release and dropped their mag in the dirt.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:17   #837
SouthernBoyVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth_squeeze View Post
Thank you, Southern Boy. I'm in northern Virginia.
I'm technically just outside of NOVA though in reality, what with the demographics, where I live is part of NOVA. I'm around 6+ miles west of Manassas. The entire region is quite friendly to those who carry, be it concealed or open. Problems are few and far between and the chance of having a run in with an LEO who doesn't like the fact that you are armed is pretty remote. And this is how it should be since they work for us at our pleasure (I know they hate to hear that but the fact is, it's true).
Old 03-20-2013, 13:11   #838
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezthumper View Post
I have one level of awareness, all of the time. It does not change from supposed perceived threat level of environment to another.

My Uncle, who was a Sheriff received a nice blast of buck shot from a very rural, and relatively safe community. From someone he drank beers with from time to time.

My Daughter was at Virginia Tech during the shootings.

I have been shot at, with in CONUS is the most desolate places in the country....yeah no street crime there. Nor any warning what so ever that some one was hell bent on taking my beret with my head in it.

When I was in High School I have been shot at by poachers where on the ranch and where I was living, the total population with in 100 miles in any direction is about 5k.

So..yeah. My view is if you want to carry C3 go for it, just do not get in my way when I am taking care of something, and do not expect me to drag you a long because you have wet your pants trying to fire the weapon as you forget to rack it.

NOTE: I have actually seen trained young men go all buck fever or panic because the gun is jammed. and then realize they forgot to flip it to "FIRE", jack a round, or in trying to flip the go button hit the magazine release and dropped their mag in the dirt.
Your post, while interesting, really doesn't have much relevance in the context of face-to-face surprise attacks requiring C1 for survival.

Your uncle's attacker was highly pissed at the sheriff over some personal matter or he went off his rocker, but C1 against a shotgun ambush ain't much of a match.

C1 isn't much help if someone is taking long-range pot shots at your beret.

Freaks with bombs and bullets in theaters and college dorms present a whole different challenge for anyone in their path.

Sure, there are criminal attacks on ranches and in cities. I just believe most populated-area attacks can be avoided by steering clear of places where crap is more likely to happen. If I'm smart enough to avoid the bushes and dark alleys where all the bad guys lie in wait, I can prevent being really skeered, wetting my pants, dropping my mag in a mud puddle and hoping someone brave comes along to save my bacon.

The popularity of C1 is great, but real life experiences to justify it are not abundant. That's just the way it is. By the same token, lots of folks carry a good luck charm or wear their 'lucky' underwear to special events, even though there's no evidence to prove it makes a difference; if they believe it, it is true.

I fully understand why LEOs past and present, military combatants and people who live in circumstances with real threats are persuaded to carry C1. I also accept that people who simply want to carry Glocks in C1 to be prepared for an unlikely attack have every right to do so.

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 03-20-2013 at 13:23..
Old 03-20-2013, 13:18   #839
ezthumper

Quote:
Your post, while interesting, really doesn't have much relevance in the context of face-to-face surprise attacks requiring C1 for survival. Your uncle's attacker was highly pissed at the sheriff or he went off his rocker, but C1 against a shotgun ambush ain't much of a match.

C1 isn't much help if someone is taking long-range pot shots at your beret.

Sure, there are criminal attacks on ranches and in cities. I just believe most populated-area attacks can be avoided by steering clear of places where crap is more likely to happen. If I'm smart enough to avoid the bushes and dark alleys where all the bad guys lie in wait, I can prevent being really skeered, wetting my pants, dropping my mag in a mud puddle and hoping someone brave comes along to save my bacon.

The popularity of C1 is great, but real life experiences to justify it are not abundant. That's just the way it is. By the same token, lots of folks carry a good luck charm or wear their 'lucky' underwear to special events, even though there's no evidence to prove it makes a difference; if they believe it, it is true.

I fully understand why LEOs past and present, military combatants and people who live in circumstances with real threats are persuaded to carry C1. I also accept that people who simply want to carry Glocks in C1 have every right to do so.
That was actually a response to your position of telling us that you do not worry about your environment because there is low crime. If you paid attention you would have noticed that the areas I listed were areas be it a "Free Gun Zone", low crime areas and places that are familiar.

If you do not fear your environment or not worried about criminal activity then why are you carrying?
Old 03-20-2013, 13:29   #840
engineskip

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityborncountrylivin View Post
99.9 % of the lifespan of your gun will be around those you love and not involved in fighting for your life. It is more important that your gun not go bang when you don't want it to than go bang when you want it to. If you have an accidental/inadvertant discharge it will most likely be around those you love or otherwise innocent parties. learn to read situations so that you draw, chamber and point your firearm in appropriate situations. You might need a safety or to safe your firearm to check a friends pulse, remove a child, control a pet. Carry a "lemon squeezer" ( S&W 40) like the old time cops in an outer coat pocket that give you 5 rounds of .38 before you access you semiauto.
Sir, Your point is one that is logical from one stand point, and I respect your thoughts on not carrying a loaded chamber. I have had one real life experience where my children and I were aggressively attacked and as time seem to come to a standstill, the only thought I was concentrated on was shot placement to kill someone who was threatening death/injury to my children and I. I train a number of times per week and have developed a level of confidence in the weapon carry and my intended use of it. I would like to enjoy the 99% of good living, but are not able to unless I am securely prepared for the 1%, I keep my knife sharp as well. You may weigh all factors and train to carry out of condition 1, but I have come face to face with a bad man who I stopped only by having to draw, knowing a chambered round was backing up my dad's response to protect my kids. I did everything possible to avoid this end scenario but when there was no way to safety I stood between the threat and my family and I have carried ever since. I am hoping that was my 1% but I read and see people of our world making a second 1% more and more possible. Once again, no disrespect I have no bias toward individual decisions, mine is based on planning, training and safety. God Bless!
Old 03-20-2013, 13:46   #841
PhotoFeller

Quote:
If you do not fear your environment or not worried about criminal activity then why are you carrying?
I don't carry most of the time.

My interest in discussing this topic is to provide a little ballast to offset the wholesale advice given here that EVERYONE should carry C1 or they're dumb, unmanly, living in a dream world, carrying a brick or getting in the way of real men when trouble arises.

I believe people new to CC and unfamiliar with handguns should get some training and experience, think about the level of risk associated with their personal circumstances, and make a thoughtful decision about carry mode. I think this process is doubly important with respect to carrying Glock pistols.

I believe people who endorse C1 with Glocks without caveats about training, safety and risk assessment are doing a disservice to anyone who reads their words and the gun community as a whole. NDs do happen...often in the presence of people we care most about.

I also strongly believe being smart is more important than being armed with a Glock in C1. Most deadly attacks, in my opinion, could be avoided by moving out of dangerous neighborhoods and staying clear of likely ambush territory. Situational awareness is by far the most effective SD tactic we can adopt.

That's my story. If you had read my prior posts you would have known why I stand where I do.

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 03-20-2013 at 14:00..
Old 03-20-2013, 14:03   #842
ezthumper

Quote:
I don't carry most of the time.

My interest in discussing this topic is to provide a little ballast to offset the wholesale advice given here that EVERYONE should carry C1 or they're dumb, unmanly, living in a dream world, carrying a brick or getting in the way of real men when trouble arises.

I believe people new to CC and unfamiliar with handguns should get some training and experience, think about the level of risk associated with their personal circumstances, and make a thoughtful decision about carry mode. I think this process is doubly important with respect to carrying Glock pistols.

I believe people who endorse C1 with Glocks without caveats about training, safety and risk assessment are doing a disservice to anyone who reads their words and the gun community as a whole. NDs do happen...often in the presence of people we care most about.

That's my story. If you had read my prior posts you would have known why I stand where I do.
I have kept up on the thread, and I do not fault why someone feels that way and follows what they feel they believe.

I think part of the problem is that your banging your head against folks that have been involved in situations that pushes them to say how they feel, because they too care about the ones close to them.

Your position is squarely on trying to convince everyone that C1 is bad. Yet , you rarley carry, you have little or no real experience. You claim to maybe had some training and the only facts you dig up is the stuff you find on the internet.

Which pretty strange, since we are on the internet and discussing whether it is true or not on the internet.....paradox.

I too, am a French model.
Old 03-20-2013, 14:46   #843
PhotoFeller

Quote:
I have kept up on the thread, and I do not fault why someone feels that way and follows what they feel they believe.

I think part of the problem is that your banging your head against folks that have been involved in situations that pushes them to say how they feel, because they too care about the ones close to them.

Your position is squarely on trying to convince everyone that C1 is bad. Yet , you rarley carry, you have little or no real experience. You claim to maybe had some training and the only facts you dig up is the stuff you find on the internet.

Which pretty strange, since we are on the internet and discussing whether it is true or not on the internet.....paradox.

I too, am a French model.
Thanks. You're probably right that I've tried too hard to get folks to talk about actual attacks. I feel the arguments for C1 are purely theoretical without experiences to demonstrate the need or the tactical value. We are talking about a tactical decision to carry a Glock pistol chambered without any safety mechanism except the human brain and muscle memory; much has been written about how problematic it can be to rely on human perfection.

I'm not trying to convince everyone that C1 is bad. I'm trying to show that C1 isn't the only way, and it probably is wrong for some people.

You say I don't have any experience, yet I've lived a very full and reasonably successful life, including travel throughout the US. I've been in most major US cities including Washington, DC, where I spent lots of time in government facilities in very bad locations. My experience covers 72 years of active, assault-free living.

With respect to 'facts' I've posted regarding crime statistics, NYPD negligent discharges, criminal activity in my area, etc., I've always used official sources of public information. Feel free to disbelieve anything I've cited if you think its contrived in some way.

My experience here at GT is that the C1 vs. C3 debate is heavily one sided, but most C1 proponents can't explain why it should be the only way. That's because it isn't the only way.

You are a French model (which explains the beret) and I'm a hard-nosed old peckerwood who believes strongly held views should be backed by well supported arguments based on real-life experience...somebody's!.

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 03-20-2013 at 18:03..
Old 03-20-2013, 15:11   #844
ezthumper

Quote:
Thanks. You're probably right that I've tried too hard to get folks to talk about actual attacks. I felt the debate for C1 was purely theoretical without experiences to demonstrate the need. I guess I still feel that way.

I'm not trying to convince everyone that C1 is bad. I'm trying to show that C1 isn't the only way, and its probably wrong for some people.

You say I don't have any experience, yet I've lived a very full and reasonably successful life, including travel throughout the US. I've been in most major US cities including Washington, DC, where I spent lots of time in government facilities in very bad locations. My experience covers 72 years of active, assault-free living.

My experience here at GT is that the C1 vs. C3 debate is heavily one sided, but most C1 proponents can't explain why it should be the only way. That's because it isn't the only way.
Photo, I am not here to banter with you, debat sure, but other than that it just boils down to just poking at each other.

Nor will I say that you are wrong in your views, that is your views, and you are entitled to have them.

Also the level experience has nothing to do really with age, feeling old is not and age bracket entitlement.

Someone that as lived 72 years may not have even half the experience some who lived in 46.

You say you do not want folks to read what C1 guys saying, that there is no other way, well C3 is being trotted out the same way. Difference is this, C3 proponents believe in reducing ND's..C1 proponents believes in ending the assault.

So you can see the focus. Both want to end the assault, both want gun safety and no ND's. But each has a different focus. Both sides can and will agree with out a doubt, that no one wants their family hurt from accidental shooting, nor does either side want to lose a gun fight protecting the same loved ones.

I guess as a C1 proponent, I will state it this way. When it comes down to life or death. and having only one life, I am going to take the Bad Guy's life.

And I never ever under estimate my opponent. Never. And I will take every advantage I can.

There is no such thing as a fair gun fight.

NOTE: Does not matter whether I am down here in the 5th ward in Houston or home in Richmond on the Golf Course, I have the exact same level of awareness no matter what.
Old 03-20-2013, 15:26   #845
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Photo, I am not here to banter with you, debat sure, but other than that it just boils down to just poking at each other.

Nor will I say that you are wrong in your views, that is your views, and you are entitled to have them.

Also the level experience has nothing to do really with age, feeling old is not and age bracket entitlement.

Someone that as lived 72 years may not have even half the experience some who lived in 46.

You say you do not want folks to read what C1 guys saying, that there is no other way, well C3 is being trotted out the same way. Difference is this, C3 proponents believe in reducing ND's..C1 proponents believes in ending the assault.

So you can see the focus. Both want to end the assault, both want gun safety and no ND's. But each has a different focus. Both sides can and will agree with out a doubt, that no one wants their family hurt from accidental shooting, nor does either side want to lose a gun fight protecting the same loved ones.

I guess as a C1 proponent, I will state it this way. When it comes down to life or death. and having only one life, I am going to take the Bad Guy's life.

And I never ever under estimate my opponent. Never. And I will take every advantage I can.

There is no such thing as a fair gun fight.

NOTE: Does not matter whether I am down here in the 5th ward in Houston or home in Richmond on the Golf Course, I have the exact same level of awareness no matter what.
Your response is received and duly noted.

I've hung out quite a bit in Houston, too. Some years back I rode the Houston to Austin MS-150 bike ride on a borrowed mountain bike. The ride almost killed me, but I didn't get shot at once!

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 03-20-2013 at 15:30..
Old 03-20-2013, 15:57   #846
ezthumper

Quote:
Your response is received and duly noted.

I've hung out quite a bit in Houston, too. Some years back I rode the Houston to Austin MS-150 bike ride on a borrowed mountain bike. The ride almost killed me, but I didn't get shot at once!
The Texans must have been Playing..Plus the only thing you have to worry about from Houston to Austin is big bugs and cars.
Old 03-20-2013, 18:13   #847
dwbG30SF

Quote:
I think this process is doubly important with respect to carrying Glock pistols.

I also strongly believe being smart is more important than being armed with a Glock in C1.
I only chose these two quotes from your post, because I'm not sure you understand just how SAFE a Glock really is to carry, in Condition One, or not.

Just check this out from the GLOCK website. IMO it's a very safe gun to carry in C1, very safe in the right hands that is.

GLOCK pistols are equipped with the “Safe
Action” System, a fully automatic safety system
consisting of three passive, independently oper-
ating, mechanical safeties, which sequentially
disengage when the trigger is pulled and auto-
matically reengage when the trigger is released.

Carry Issues
Trigger Safety > above ^

The trigger safety is incorporated into the trigger in the form of a lever and when in the forward position, blocks the trigger from moving rearward. To fire the pistol, the trigger safety and the trigger itself, must be deliberately depressed at the same time. If the trigger safety is not depressed, the trigger will not move rearwards and allow the pistol to fire.
If the trigger is in the forward position the pistol
may be loaded.

Carry Issues
Firing Pin Safety > above ^

The spring-loaded firing pin safety projects into the firing pin channel and mechanically blocks the firing pin from moving forward. When the trigger is being moved rearwards, a vertical extension of the trigger bar pushes the firing pin safety upwards, clearing the firing pin channel. During the slide cycling process, the firing pin safety automatically reengages.

Carry Issues
Drop Safety > above ^

The rear part of the trigger bar, which has a cruciform shape, rests with both arms on the drop safety shelf located in the trigger mechanism housing. When the trigger is pulled to the rear, the trigger bar begins to move down off the shelf until finally separating from the firing pin lug. During the slide cycling process, the trigger bar is lifted and caught by the firing pin lug. The trigger bar is reengaged by the firing pin lug.

I'm sure you've seen or heard of the 3 safety features that each and every Glock incorporates, and they actually work.

I'm only trying to help clarify how safe it is to carry a Glock at the ready, in C1.

Can't we just all get along?

Last edited by dwbG30SF; 03-20-2013 at 18:24..
Old 03-20-2013, 18:24   #848
vandros
10mm fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbG30SF View Post

I'm only trying to help clarify how safe it is to carry a Glock at the ready, in C1.

Can't we just all get along?
Yes, glock's safeties are great and many proponents of C3 understand them well.

Would glocks be more dangerous without them? Sure. Do they make C1 carrying as safe as C3 carrying? Nope. Can we all get along? Yep.

Love your avatar, btw...

Last edited by vandros; 03-20-2013 at 18:26..
Old 03-20-2013, 18:47   #849
dwbG30SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandros View Post
Yes, glock's safeties are great and many proponents of C3 understand them well.

Would glocks be more dangerous without them? Sure. Do they make C1 carrying as safe as C3 carrying? Nope. Can we all get along? Yep.

Love your avatar, btw...
I would never suggest that C1 was as safe as C3, but it could certainly be more productive in a life threatening scenerio. That split second it takes to rack the slide back, then get the pistol on target, could cost your life, or a the life of a loved one. And that's a gamble I'm not willing to take. That's why I practice, and practice, then practice some more.

Sure, C1 may not be for everyone, but it's the only way I've carried for the past 30 years, without one mishap. And I will continue to do so.

Hey thanks for the compliment on my avatar.
Take care dude.
Old 03-20-2013, 18:55   #850
SevenSixtyTwo

Those three safety devices in the Glock may prevent the gun from firing unless the trigger is pulled but, that's not the argument. Very nice cutaway pics though. Thanks for posting them.
Closed Thread