Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:46   #1
cagnoli
Patriot First

What will a new AWB do to the shooting sports?

I'm an active 3Gun and IDPA shooter, and based on where things are headed. I'm going to have a real tough time staying in Ammo to continue.

Reloading is an option, but it's quite the time suck for me right now. I'm curious if we'll start to see stages of fire with lower round counts?

I've obviously stored enough ammunition for self defense and some sport shooting, but I guess I'm guilty of falling into the sense of security that I can just buy more when I need it.

A new Tax on ammunition would likely have a serious impact on the shooting sports of all types.

Thoughts?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
: I got something to stop him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
: They made it for him special. It's an eighty-eight Magnum.

: It shoots through schools.
cagnoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:04   #2
Jerry

I have no idea what a new ban would do. Have no idea what the parameters would be. I can tell you what the lase one did. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 16:22   #3
garander

Being a highpower shooter, and after checking frankenfeinsteins
List of weapons she wants banned, I found it interesting that the springfield m1a was NOT on the list.

Last edited by garander; 01-24-2013 at 16:25..
garander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:23   #4
Suby

Don't get caught up with lists read the rules of what an assault weapon is. In NY we now have a list of banned guns but not all guns are on the list and that doesn't mean our un listed guns are safe.
Suby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:40   #5
WinterWizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suby View Post
Don't get caught up with lists read the rules of what an assault weapon is. In NY we now have a list of banned guns but not all guns are on the list and that doesn't mean our un listed guns are safe.
Yep.

List doesn't mean anything. Any mag over ten rounds would be a no go and any rifle that displays one criteria of an "assault" rifle. List means nothing and including it only confuses the matter. But, no one ever accused politicians of being intelligent or concise. They tend to create more problems than they solve, hence justifying their jobs.

Last edited by WinterWizard; 01-25-2013 at 06:41..
WinterWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:45   #6
HexHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWizard View Post
Yep.

List doesn't mean anything. Any mag over ten rounds would be a no go and any rifle that displays one criteria of an "assault" rifle. List means nothing and including it only confuses the matter. But, no one ever accused politicians of being intelligent or concise. They tend to create more problems than they solve, hence justifying their jobs.
Bayonet lugs and flash hiders are no longer "evil features". That's why the M1A/M14 isn't on the list this time. It only has the detachable magazine.

Now, it you have one with the stock that has the notch for the non-existant selector switch, all bets are off.
HexHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 15:15   #7
FireForged
Millenium #3936

They are not even going to vote on this garbage legislation. Nothing wrong with paying attention and keep our eyes open but this thing is going no where.

They will not vote on it because there isnt anyone willing to be associatied with it, outside of boxer, feinstein, schumer, biden and obama.

no awb and no mag restrictions (federal level)