Scouts Out

McCarthy Presses Gun-Magazaine Limits as Weapons Ban Dims

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...-ban-dims.html
HerrGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 18:43   #2
Fox
Varmit Control

Quote:
“If you take away the bullets, it really doesn’t matter what kind of gun you have,” McCarthy said in an interview.
They had a ten round limit on magazine capacity in New York, then they went to seven.

A seven round limit would not have stopped the recent school shooting, so how soon until we are reduced to single shot breech loaders like the Trapdoor Springfield rifles?
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 18:46   #3
Fox
Varmit Control

Quote:
The ban on such magazines may be the high water mark for a Democratic Party that is reconciling its desire for sweeping gun legislation with what is politically achievable in the current Congress.
Their AWB will be DOA when it reaches the Republican controlled House of Representatives.

Vote Republican, Vote RIGHT in the Republican primaries.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 19:10   #4
Narkcop

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid our representatives actually are. They think if they pass a law then all the shootings will end. Hey dumbasses, do you know that theres a law against MURDER?
Narkcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 19:11   #5
Harper

Gotta love ol' Carolyn "the shoulder thing that goes up" McCarthy. I wonder if she has any other passions she's totally ignorant about.
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 19:18   #6
Cclass
CLM Number 16
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narkcop View Post
It never ceases to amaze me how stupid our representatives actually are. They think if they pass a law then all the shootings will end. Hey dumbasses, do you know that theres a law against MURDER?
They know it. Their goal is to gain power by disarming the American public. The true dumbasses are the voters who are willing to surrender their rights for the illusion of security .
Old 01-23-2013, 19:22   #7
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
It's not our reps. It's freakin american people who believe that kind of crap. The reps just give american people what they want.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 19:23   #8
PAGunner

Haha, the article mentions Midway USA's round it up donation effort. I wish every firearms company did that, it's a small tax i'll happily pay!
Old 01-23-2013, 20:11   #9
oldman11

Quote:
Absolutely right. I'm amazed at their stupidity. They honestly believe that disarming law abiding citizens will stop the shootings. It's hard to believe they are that ignorant. And this is from people who are supposed to be leading our nation? God, we are in big trouble. Why don't they just be honest and admit that turning the mentally incompetent people loose on the street, so they could close the mental hospitals, is the real issue. Cure the real problem, not the failed political issue.
oldman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 20:17   #10
Grabbrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Their AWB will be DOA when it reaches the Republican controlled House of Representatives.

Vote Republican, Vote RIGHT in the Republican primaries.
I'd feel a lot better if it stayed in the Senate.
Grabbrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 20:25   #11
ArtCrafter
¤Hocker Mocker¤

Quote:

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid our representatives actually are...

Or incompetent...

Or irresponsible...

When was the last time they actually passed an Annual Budget? You know, as required by the Constitution?

The so-called 'gun issue' is a smokescreen in a House Of Mirrors Cards.
ArtCrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 20:28   #12
shotgunred
reloading nut

No one outside the press pays any attention to McCarthy. She tries to get this through every year.
and motivated by pride and vanity.
shotgunred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 20:38   #13
pizza_pablo
USN Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman11 View Post
Absolutely right. I'm amazed at their stupidity. They honestly believe that disarming law abiding citizens will stop the shootings. It's hard to believe they are that ignorant. And this is from people who are supposed to be leading our nation? God, we are in big trouble. Why don't they just be honest and admit that turning the mentally incompetent people loose on the street, so they could close the mental hospitals, is the real issue. Cure the real problem, not the failed political issue.
No. They don't believe it. They're not dumb.
They know, exactly, where they want to go with this issue and why. "Never let a tragedy go to waste"!
Old 01-23-2013, 20:44   #14
stevelyn
NRA Life Member

Old "Barrel Shroud" McCarthy showing her flawed logic again.
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 21:11   #15
Spiffums
I.C.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGunner View Post
Haha, the article mentions Midway USA's round it up donation effort. I wish every firearms company did that, it's a small tax i'll happily pay!
It's not a tax, you don't have to round up to donate.
Old 01-23-2013, 22:40   #16
ChiTownPicaro

I don't forsee this passing. I expect that it will die in the House.
ChiTownPicaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 23:12   #17
gommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownPicaro View Post
I don't forsee this passing. I expect that it will die in the House.
I would be surprised, at this point, if it even made it through the Senate.

I envision a large number of Senate Democrats either abstaining or having the flu.
gommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 23:47   #18
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
Gotta love ol' Carolyn "the shoulder thing that goes up" McCarthy. I wonder if she has any other passions she's totally ignorant about.
I think she is a classic case of how grief can instill mental illness in some people. Her son was murdered and husband severly wounded (I could have it reversed) in the very LIRR train car I myself exited at New Hyde Park, NY. minutes before Colin Fergusson opened up in that car right before the Merrilon Ave. station in Garden City where the McCarthy's lived. If you google the incident under "images", you'll see Ronald Reagan hosting three of the commuters who tackled Fergusson to the ground when he change magazines at the White House. Mike O'Connor was sitting next to me as we did most nights on that train. HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 23:53   #19
TK-421

Quote:
David Chipman, a former special agent with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, said he used to employ a magazine that carried 15 rounds. “High capacity magazines in the wrong hands turn a killer into a killing machine,” he said at a congressional hearing yesterday. “It is inconceivable to me that any American would require more rounds in a magazine than a special agent.”
And someone with a bunch of low capacity magazines turn a killer into a killing machine. What's your point? Besides, it's easier to hide a bunch of low capacity magazines than it is to hide a bunch of normal capacity magazines. 30 rounds is not a high capacity magazine like all the morons claim, it's a normal capacity. High capacity are the 100 round mags, not the 30 round mags. ****ing morons.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 23:56   #20
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
And someone with a bunch of low capacity magazines turn a killer into a killing machine. What's your point? Besides, it's easier to hide a bunch of low capacity magazines than it is to hide a bunch of normal capacity magazines. 30 rounds is not a high capacity magazine like all the morons claim, it's a normal capacity. High capacity are the 100 round mags, not the 30 round mags. ****ing morons.
As misguied as it is, McCarthy's thesis (based on my personal experience above) claims that smaller capacity magazines give onlookers a better chance of tackling the shooter during mag changes. The fact that the onlookers are unarmed by law seems to escape her. HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 00:03   #21
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
As misguied as it is, McCarthy's thesis (based on my personal experience above) claims that smaller capacity magazines give onlookers a better chance of tackling the shooter during mag changes. The fact that the onlookers are unarmed by law seems to escape her. HH
She's never seen someone change mags. I heard on another forum that someone did a video demonstrating 30 rounds through a 30 round magazine, and 30 rounds through two fifteen round magazine, and the time difference was around half a second or so. So mag changes don't really matter, unless the guy screws up and drops it or puts it in wrong or something like that.

But forget tackling the guy, just shoot him until he quits shooting.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 00:10   #22
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
They had a ten round limit on magazine capacity in New York, then they went to seven.

A seven round limit would not have stopped the recent school shooting, so how soon until we are reduced to single shot breech loaders like the Trapdoor Springfield rifles?
I hope my great state of NY is a wake up call to all of you not to give an inch.

We went from high-caps to 10-rounders to 7-rounders. What's next? 0-rounders?

Our pre-ban high-caps are now also banned and have to be turned in, revoking the prior grandfather clause, taking away our existing property.

Remember the Alamo!
Now it is Remember NY!

Last edited by ithaca_deerslayer; 01-24-2013 at 00:10..
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote