Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:36   #1
Budatduke

walther/s&w cust service

What's been your experience with walther customer service and the s&w-walther customer service? Mine was horrendous.
Budatduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:32   #2
catalyst686

Care to share what happened?
catalyst686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:49   #3
Budatduke

Sure. I was having problems with a P22. Called S&W and explained the problem which invoved failure to chamber. It's involved so I'm not going into a lenghty explanation as I did with Smith. They very graciously said they would cover the shipping to them. This was in early Feb. Sent it in and got it back in about three weeks. Explanation included with the pistol from Smith said that they'd replaced the front sight. Well, I'm an old fart and I always put white-out on my front sights. Same front sight on it. Took it out to the range and the same problem was there. Called Smith and they said they'd send a label which they did. They kept it five weeks. I got it back yesterday in pieces with a letter that said the frame was cracked and it was Walther's problem. I could not for the life of me discern where the frame was cracked and they could not tell me. Called Walther and they said to send it to Smith. Explained to them that i had just gotten the pistol back from Smith. The guy then said that they weren't "officially" taken over the repairs of the P22s from Smith until 1 May and don't bother calling back until 30 May since they didn't know when they could repair it. Somewhat frustrating.
Budatduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 15:28   #4
bac1023

Sorry to hear

I've got a P22 and think its junk. Umarex builds it out of airsoft quality materials.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote