reloading nut

Even Dillon

Reloading

and motivated by pride and vanity.
shotgunred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 18:13   #2
ron59
Bustin Caps

Aren't you the one thinking about the 1050? Betcha there ain't no backorder on those. Prolly more like the 650s and down.

Quote:
“WTF?! How a cheap can an old, the old fart get?!”
ron59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 18:20   #3
F106 Fan

This period in history is great for the firearms industry. Nearly everything that goes bang has been sold, supplies are nonexistent, manufacturers can't get the parts to build new guns, business is great!

I was at a small gun store yesterday and they actually had a few semi-auto pistols including a Kahr P40 that I almost bought. They had a Sig 2022 in .40 S&W but I wasn't familiar with the weapon. Apparently Sig has moved into the polymer frame market and I didn't get the memo.

They had 4 AR-15 style receivers whereas many stores won't even handle them. They even had some factory ammo on the shelves. Probably not for long... I didn't pay much attention but it seems like they had ammo cans full of reloaded ammo.

Just a small shop but they still had a little inventory. Their standard answer about anything that wasn't in stock was that they had no idea when they could get it and that their suppliers weren't taking new orders. I got the feeling that once their inventory was sold out, they would just close up.

Richard
Old 01-24-2013, 18:21   #4
F106 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron59 View Post
Aren't you the one thinking about the 1050? Betcha there ain't no backorder on those. Prolly more like the 650s and down.
That's what they said about small pistol primers. Now look what happened; even large primers are out of stock.

I think people took my suggestion and bought .45s just so they could make ammo. Me and my big mouth!

Richard
Old 01-24-2013, 19:08   #5
ron59
Bustin Caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by F106 Fan View Post
That's what they said about small pistol primers. Now look what happened; even large primers are out of stock.

I think people took my suggestion and bought .45s just so they could make ammo. Me and my big mouth!

Richard

True.... but many buying presses right now are new to the hobby and probably aren't up for dumping $1,700 in a press right now. Buying a 550B and a 1050 is a BIG difference.

Quote:
“WTF?! How a cheap can an old, the old fart get?!”
ron59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 19:14   #6
Cwlongshot

Its happening all over...

I AM LUCKY!! Just last week I ordered and have received a couple small parts from them for my D550 press!!!

CW

Last edited by Cwlongshot; 01-24-2013 at 19:16..
Cwlongshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 19:23   #7
shotgunred
reloading nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by F106 Fan View Post
This period in history is great for the firearms industry. Nearly everything that goes bang has been sold, supplies are nonexistent, manufacturers can't get the parts to build new guns, business is great!

I
Just a small shop but they still had a little inventory. Their standard answer about anything that wasn't in stock was that they had no idea when they could get it and that their suppliers weren't taking new orders. I got the feeling that once their inventory was sold out, they would just close up.

Richard
What happens next month when they still don't have anything to sell but still have bills? I bet a lot of small companies go TU.
Old 01-24-2013, 19:42   #8
F106 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunred View Post
What happens next month when they still don't have anything to sell but still have bills? I bet a lot of small companies go TU.
Yes, the small corner gun shop could get hurt in all this nonsense. The larger stores that sell other sporting goods (fishing and such) will be better able to weather the storm.

The prices at this small shop were not opportunistic. In every case, they were less than MSRP so there was no gouging going on.

I just hope the situation calms down over the next year or so. I see Feinstein is at it again so I don't know how things are going to work out.

Richard
Old 01-25-2013, 00:13   #9
EL_NinO619
EX-Swage Monkey

Are the 1050's gone? I think my LnL just went up in price (I don't want to hear it C4W)

As Reloaders we should adapt the load to the gun, not the gun to the load.
EL_NinO619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:49   #10
Boxerglocker
Jacks #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron59 View Post
True.... but many buying presses right now are new to the hobby and probably aren't up for dumping $1,700 in a press right now. Buying a 550B and a 1050 is a BIG difference.
Not necessarily, with the prospect of a upcoming AWB ban our HOBBY is taking on a whole new meaning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL_NinO619 View Post
Are the 1050's gone? I think my LnL just went up in price (I don't want to hear it C4W)
Just put your order in... it will take, what it takes... I would think the 1050 back order would be less, but reading a few threads over at Enos quite a few people are buying them just to set themselves up for more efficient .223 reloading such as i did.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
BLUE Kool-aid drinking team member

Last edited by Boxerglocker; 01-25-2013 at 07:52..
Boxerglocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:20   #11
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

I was walking through Kroger last night to buy a few things... Decided to take a trip down the aisle w/ the magazine rack to see if the new issue of Combat Handguns was in (it's the only gun rag I read). This Kroger, typically has 6-7 "gun magazines" on the rack. I counted 16! gun magazines. Some, I had never heard of, but there were also 5 DIFFERENT(at least the covers were different) 2013 buyers guides. One called "Concealed Carry" that appeared to target all the new folks getting permits..

It was crazy... guess there's no reason to let the hype go by and not get some sales for your magazine.
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:44   #12
jmorris

Quote:
Are the 1050's gone? I think my LnL just went up in price
Yeah, when the price on AR's went up so did the prices on Highpoint carbines.

Already having what I need for now, I think this is really a good thing. Especially if it's not the same old crowd buying everything but floods of new people that will now begin to vote on "our" side.

Sad that the largest boost to our economy by Obama has been his threat to the 2nd Amendment...
jmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:48   #13
EL_NinO619
EX-Swage Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
Yeah, when the price on AR's went up so did the prices on Highpoint carbines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorris View Post

Good one.

Already having what I need for now, I think this is really a good thing. Especially if it's not the same old crowd buying everything but floods of new people that will now begin to vote on "our" side.

Sad that the largest boost to our economy by Obama has been his threat to the 2nd Amendment...
This weekend I am going to gather up what I don't need and start to clean my LnL, make a list of items and price and see how close I get to a 1050.

As Reloaders we should adapt the load to the gun, not the gun to the load.
EL_NinO619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 16:02   #14
Murphy's Law

My local LGS is quite large. On the wall, they must have had 100 AR's. As of about 2 weeks ago, every single one has been sold. I've never seen such a large community buy everything in sight. Willing to bet some of those AR's will be up on places like Gun Broker at twice their normal prices. Hell, just about anything to do with Pistol/Revolvers to include reloading items will be sold off the shelves if not already. Won't be long before manufactures gear up and start producing large quantities. The only hold-up might be the Govt deciding what if anything they might do to upset the apple cart.

Last edited by Murphy's Law; 01-25-2013 at 16:02..
Murphy's Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 16:31   #15
fredj338

Even Magma Engineering is exp a run on their not so cheap casting stuff. My buddy just ordered one of their MasterCasters for $1000. They told him it will be a couple weeks, they are behind. Really?!?! One thing for sure Obama is nad for the country but has been great for the gun industry, at least short term.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 16:33   #16
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunred View Post
Well if they sold more in the last month thatn they do in 3m, they just need to budget for it. It's going to get rough if it goes much longer though.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 17:45   #17
shotgunred
reloading nut

Just got back from the local gun shop. No AR's but they did get resupplied with ammo. They said they sold 2 pallets of ammo and 1 pallet of AR mags in less than a day. It also looks like Montana Gold restocked them with everything but 224.
Old 01-25-2013, 18:32   #18
SilverBullet_83
NRA member

Im hoping they were smart enough to budget off of what they sold and then can make it off the sales as they can get them
Florida Glockers #121 Black Rifle Club #1121
SilverBullet_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 19:54   #19
jmorris

At the prices they sold their stock, a lot of them could afford to close the doors and go on vacation. The ones that didn't rape folks could have issues.
jmorris is offline   Reply With Quote