GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 17:10   #51
PaulMason
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,512
Abandon all hope for the USA and read this

Every time a discussion come up about the fuiture of USA - this post should be posted into it. It is spot on.

If you want to see the direction and future of the USA look at the United Kingdom. Look how the classes have been solidified, the welfare state is ingrained, the taxes, etc.

There will be no war in the USA, no uprising by the populace. The revolution will not be televised and it will not happen.

The vast majority of the people have a stake in the current system. Who's parents who collect SS and have medicare will take to the streets or vote to have them cut.

Who among us living from paycheck to paycheck and have mouths to feed will rock the boat?

All empires fall - it is now our time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happypuppy View Post
I think people are missing what the shift really is about. Forget the Left vs Right thinking. It does not really matter.

It is a problem of 2 groups I will define as Providers ( the 47% that Romney got in trouble for speaking about ) this group pay all the Welfare yet dos not use it. The percentage is not inclusive of Social Security or Medicare. They used to be the Silent Majority now the Silent Minority

The 2nd group are the Takers they are a greater now , for the first time in the history of the USA. They live on Public assistance in its different forms.

Perhaps now you can see the dilemma. This is a quote from Air Alex Fraser Tytler (1742-1813) He was a Scottish Historian. The history of the quote is interesting it was found in letter regarding a book about an earlier civilization it seems.

I find it fits well with exactly what we are faced with today.


"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largess of the public treasury. From that time on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the results that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship....

The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been two hundred years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: from bondage to spiritual faith; from spiritual faith to great courage; from great courage to liberty; from liberty to abundance; from abundance to selfishness; from selfishness to complacency; from complacency to apathy; from apathy to dependence; from dependency back again to bondage."

Last edited by PaulMason; 01-22-2013 at 17:16..
PaulMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 22:13   #52
GAFinch
Senior Member
 
GAFinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by kswiss View Post
and in other words they KNOW they are screwing up the country and economy and they dont want any resistance when it happens,


why would they PURPOSELY ruin the economy and country?
The progressives (Marxists) genuinely believe that communism was a good system. The mass killings were either justified for the greater good or simply the result of a bad leader, not the result of a flawed ideology. The Soviet Union didn't collapse due to a flawed ideology but due to interference from the U.S. They believe that if every major country goes full-blown Marxist at the same time, then Marxism will work this time. Aside from these diehard ideologues, there are also just a lot of greedy, power-hungry sociopaths floating around...which was/is common in communist/fascist countries as well.
__________________
Fear the government that fears your guns.
GAFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 23:29   #53
jlavallee
Senior Member
 
jlavallee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syclone538 View Post
10A

Marriage and abortion are both state issues.
Marriage is a religious issue. The state be it federal, state or local need not be involved and the tax code has no business being used to drive behaviour.

Abortion is likewise an issue where government involvement isn't going to help much. Like the illusion that the libs have that gun laws will stop criminals, anti abortion laws won't stop it either and the hard line between where life begins is often a religious ideal. Few believe abortion after significant development is a good idea, few have an issue with a morning after pill. Either way, leading by example and education will likely do more than government involvement.
__________________
Someday, I may be found lying dead in a ditch somewhere, but I’ll be lying in a pile of brass.

Track bills in Congress and tell politicians your opinion. www.popvox.com
jlavallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:52   #54
Yrdawg
Senior Moment
 
Yrdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Big Woods Louisiana, USA
Posts: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by kswiss View Post
when i read that, i about crapped myself, i knew things are happening and they dont want an uprising of an armed populace,

but to say it like that really scares me ALOT,

and in other words they KNOW they are screwing up the country and economy and they dont want any resistance when it happens,


why would they PURPOSELY ruin the economy and country?

why do they want to enslave us? what benefit would that give them to be in complete power? obama is already the most POWERFUL man in the free world, there isnt much more he could obtain, so again, having said that, why does he want total control? what else could he gain?
Destruction of middle class, old people, infirm people, anyone who can't work. I think the plan looks a lot like Cecil Rhodes in " Rhodesia "

Going for a ruling class and the serfs. No more pesky " voters "

Of course this is only my opinion.

http://agendadocumentary.com/
Yrdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:12   #55
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 33,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by kswiss View Post
and in other words they KNOW they are screwing up the country and economy and they dont want any resistance when it happens,


why would they PURPOSELY ruin the economy and country?
Some, in particular some of the communists Obama has associated with, and maybe him, actually want to ruin the economy to bring down our semi-capitalist system.

However, most just want to be important people in charge of the government. As in the quote in another post:
Quote:
"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largess of the public treasury. From that time on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the results that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship...."
You are seeing the result of politicians learning that they can keep their important, high paying government jobs and the power and fame that goes with them, by bribing the people with their own money (or bribing the have-nots with the money created by the haves). They don't care about the end result and they mostly recognize that the country will be destroyed, but they are going to get theirs and hope it kasts until they die.

Keep in mind, the US senate has a median age of about 62 years and the oldest, that POS trash Lautenberg, is almost 89. Of 100 senators, about 59 would have already passed mandatory retirement if they were miltary or federal law enforcement. The house also has an average age near 60. They are just trying to keep the gravy trainin rolling for another few years, until they can retire and get off, or die, and then it's somebody else's problem.
__________________
If you are not an NRA member, you are not involved in gun rights, so sit down and shut the +%@# up.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:51   #56
rgregoryb
Sapere aude
 
rgregoryb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Republic of Alabama
Posts: 12,703


change can happen, it just won't be pleasant. The only way to change direction is a split of the country.................peacefully I would hope.
__________________
"I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves."
Ludwig Wittgenstein

"demography is destiny"
rgregoryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:50   #57
engineer151515
_______________
 
engineer151515's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 20,096


Quote:
Originally Posted by kswiss View Post


why would they PURPOSELY ruin the economy and country?

why do they want to enslave us? what benefit would that give them to be in complete power? obama is already the most POWERFUL man in the free world, there isnt much more he could obtain, so again, having said that, why does he want total control? what else could he gain?
There is no political purpose to save a currency if you gained your power promising everybody free stuff.

When the currency collapses, the majority Party will have the ability to exert "emergency powers" and seize control under the mantle of crisis. You should notice existing patterns there from the Party that stated "no crisis should go to waste".

"You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before." - Rahm Emanuel, then White House chief of staff.

Your posts indicate to me that you don't understand the human psyche of absolute power, or the corruptibility of power absolute.
__________________
A picture is worth a thousand words but you can't see what those shades of gray keep covered. You should have seen it in color. - Jamey Johnson - In Color
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:52   #58
Skyhook
Senior Member
 
Skyhook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 22,531
Send a message via Yahoo to Skyhook


Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMason View Post
Every time a discussion come up about the fuiture of USA - this post should be posted into it. It is spot on.

If you want to see the direction and future of the USA look at the United Kingdom. Look how the classes have been solidified, the welfare state is ingrained, the taxes, etc.

There will be no war in the USA, no uprising by the populace. The revolution will not be televised and it will not happen.

The vast majority of the people have a stake in the current system. Who's parents who collect SS and have medicare will take to the streets or vote to have them cut.

Who among us living from paycheck to paycheck and have mouths to feed will rock the boat?

All empires fall - it is now our time.
Well, first of all, the USA is not an "Empire".
Secondly, that 'now it's our turn' stuff is unadulterated BS since you are weighing this 'UNIQUE nation against historic failures which had extremely little in common with it.
The USA is UNIQUE.. so, this defeatist nonsense is just that.... IF we can prevent the same socialist/communist progressive influences from making mud people of us all.

__________________
Life member: LEAA, NYSPRA, GOA, JPFO, Endowment Member NRA, NRA Legion of Honor
***********
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Skyhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:29   #59
PaulMason
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhook View Post
Well, first of all, the USA is not an "Empire".
Secondly, that 'now it's our turn' stuff is unadulterated BS since you are weighing this 'UNIQUE nation against historic failures which had extremely little in common with it.
The USA is UNIQUE.. so, this defeatist nonsense is just that.... IF we can prevent the same socialist/communist progressive influences from making mud people of us all.

Study your history my friend - especially the British Empire.

When you have the time take a look at this.

http://www.iie.com/events/event_detail.cfm?EventID=152

I have history supporting my point of view.

And, before you question it ...

I love and appreciate the opportunities this country has given me.

Last edited by PaulMason; 01-23-2013 at 10:31..
PaulMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 14:17   #60
Vic777
Senior Member
 
Vic777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by kswiss View Post
what do yall think of that persons statements?
I think he's correct, Freedom has a price, Americans are weak and have been raised in American Schools. China owns the Moon.
__________________
"It's Tom Dwan's World, we just live in it"
Vic777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 17:24   #61
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,165


Quote:
Originally Posted by kswiss View Post
crashing economy? how would that have to do with left or right wingers?
Attitudes change dramatically based on your level of skin in the game.

I remember in High School, which was a long time ago, that a teacher once defined a New Conservative as a Liberal that's just been mugged.

Two weeks of bare grocery store shelves will change a lot of peoples ideas about a lot of things.
Cavalry Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 19:13   #62
Skyhook
Senior Member
 
Skyhook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 22,531
Send a message via Yahoo to Skyhook


Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMason View Post
Study your history my friend - especially the British Empire.

When you have the time take a look at this.

http://www.iie.com/events/event_detail.cfm?EventID=152

I have history supporting my point of view.

And, before you question it ...

I love and appreciate the opportunities this country has given me.
I need to have a bit more time than what's available to me now to read all of that link (thanks for that BTW) so I will have to get to it tomorrow.
__________________
Life member: LEAA, NYSPRA, GOA, JPFO, Endowment Member NRA, NRA Legion of Honor
***********
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Skyhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:52.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,001
302 Members
699 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42