GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:04   #21
Brucev

Re: OP. What you heard was the sound of liberals opening their mouths and chanting their mantras. Want proof? Just watch and see how the so-called moderate demokrats elected from otherwise conservative districts/states deal with the efforts of the squatter and his fellow domestic terrorists to destroy the rights of Americans to keep and bear arms... all in the name of the children. The squatter and his crew know they'll not be able to get any significant legislation passed. That's exactly why he went the route of his little eo's... b/c he hasn't the hope of a snow ball in kenya of actually getting these moderate demokrats from conservative districts/states to support his far left-wing agenda. They want to get re-elected. They don't want to be out of a job.
Brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:11   #22
ithaca_deerslayer

Sometimes left and right aren't useful in a discussion, because it blocks out identifying issues of importance.

But if a people has to fight against a dictator, they will realize how important civilian ownership of guns is.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:17   #23
The Machinist
No Compromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswiss View Post
crashing economy? how would that have to do with left or right wingers?
When the SHTF, the cream will rise to the top. Liberals are selfish, immoral, and lazy creatures. They won't fare too well when fortunes take a turn for the worse.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:48   #24
G-34

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Machinist View Post
When the SHTF, the cream will rise to the top. Liberals are selfish, immoral, and lazy creatures. They won't fare too well when fortunes take a turn for the worse.

good post man, thanks for that. it made me a little more optimistic

"There is nothing so terrible as ignorance in motion.."
-Skyhook
G-34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:49   #25
jeanderson
Platinum Membership
Toga!... Toga!

I think the shift to the left is irreversible. The left will continue to be voted in with greater margins because there are more takers than makers. And the left will continue to tell the takers that there’s nothing wrong with that and we’ll help you to continue receiving your checks.

Eventually, of course, the government will collapse into bankruptcy as they run out of "other people's money". There will be anarchy and rioting when the checks finally stop coming in for the takers. What rises from this calamity is anyone’s guess.
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution."
- John Adams
jeanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:55   #26
HexHead

The GOP's base, the white conservative "greatest generation" is dying off, being replaced by young voters who've spent the better part of their lives being indoctrinated by left wing, liberal educators. Throw in stupid women, the entitlement class, blacks now turning out in large numbers to vote and the ever increasing Hispanic population, and it will take a miracle for the Dems to ever lose another presidential election.
HexHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:15   #27
Happypuppy

I think people are missing what the shift really is about. Forget the Left vs Right thinking. It does not really matter.

It is a problem of 2 groups I will define as Providers ( the 47% that Romney got in trouble for speaking about ) this group pay all the Welfare yet dos not use it. The percentage is not inclusive of Social Security or Medicare. They used to be the Silent Majority now the Silent Minority

The 2nd group are the Takers they are a greater now , for the first time in the history of the USA. They live on Public assistance in its different forms.

Perhaps now you can see the dilemma. This is a quote from Air Alex Fraser Tytler (1742-1813) He was a Scottish Historian. The history of the quote is interesting it was found in letter regarding a book about an earlier civilization it seems.

I find it fits well with exactly what we are faced with today.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largess of the public treasury. From that time on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the results that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship....

The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been two hundred years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: from bondage to spiritual faith; from spiritual faith to great courage; from great courage to liberty; from liberty to abundance; from abundance to selfishness; from selfishness to complacency; from complacency to apathy; from apathy to dependence; from dependency back again to bondage."

Last edited by Happypuppy; 01-22-2013 at 08:17..
Happypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:25   #28
fwm

Quote:
so i heard on the radio today that "the country has turned to the left/liberal"

and that the "tea party/republican/bitter white old men" type has had its last "gasp"

and that the country has seen the last of it and now its shifted left and liberal permanently and that its irreversable.

not sure how i feel about that statement other than that if it turned left it can turn around again and go right,

"permenently center left" i think is not possible or permanent in any direction is not possible,

what do yall think of that persons statements?
Unfortunately, yes. the country is now dominated by the poor and uneducated and immigrants that are used to the government owning the people and therefore responsible for them. The educated, hard working, Constitution believing folk are in the minority.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:31   #29
walt cowan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilfo View Post
+1
If the GOP does not at least tolerate gays and womens rights they are doomed,
ahh mantra! your looking real stupid kid. hey look, du has a 75% off sale on era and rainbow t-shirts! ya better move quick if you still need one!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:16   #30
ColdSteelNail

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircarver View Post
Wait'll the economy crashes ...

Uh, I believe it did crash just over four years ago (2nd worst in US history) and the country turned left.
ColdSteelNail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:20   #31
Skyhook

Send a message via Yahoo to Skyhook

Aw, geez!
I had posted a magnificent gem of a response only to have 'Glock database error' dump it like trash.
Skyhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:43   #32
Gundude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucev View Post
That's exactly why he went the route of his little eo's... b/c he hasn't the hope of a snow ball in kenya of actually getting these moderate demokrats from conservative districts/states to support his far left-wing agenda.
Uh oh. Hope his chances are less than that...

Political Issues
Mt. Kenya
Gundude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:04   #33
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
I take it you didn't pass economics in either high school or college?
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:11   #34
JimP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Machinist View Post

SPOT ON!! Libs are three meals from rioting as it is. When the free-stuffers realize that their gravy train has derailed on the failed bridge to "fairness", we'll see a big swing to the right. Someone has to work to feed these poor slobs....
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:43   #35
rj1939

The Philly and Richmond Fed branches have reported BIG misses on economic growth (biggest since 09), plus rail traffic, after being pretty stable for the past four years, just took a big drop.
Benji better get a move on.

No matter how cynical I get, I can't seem to keep up
rj1939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:50   #36
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
Uh oh. Hope his chances are less than that...

Political Issues
Mt. Kenya
LMAO! I was going to post that pic of Mt. Kenya, and then I thought that maybe it would be best to leave his dreams intact.

When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. - George Santayana
Fred Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:56   #37
fwm

Quote:
When you have more people putting into the economic pool (Read, educated right wingers) the economy continues to grow, providing for all.

When you have more people taking out of the economic pool, it shrinks, maybe to the point of extinction, providing for none.

5th grade economics.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:04   #38
GAFinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSteelNail View Post
Uh, I believe it did crash just over four years ago (2nd worst in US history) and the country turned left.
No, the big crash where the dollar collapses and we default on our loans. This is coming soon and will lead to one of two scenarios: this country waking up and adopting a newfound sense of fiscal restraint, or complete societal breakdown leading to martial law and government tyranny. Either scenario potentially involves people going after corrupt political/business elites, which is why gun control is being pushed so heavily right now.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:19   #39
G-34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAFinch View Post
Either scenario potentially involves people going after corrupt political/business elites, which is why gun control is being pushed so heavily right now.

when i read that, i about crapped myself, i knew things are happening and they dont want an uprising of an armed populace,

but to say it like that really scares me ALOT,

and in other words they KNOW they are screwing up the country and economy and they dont want any resistance when it happens,

why would they PURPOSELY ruin the economy and country?

why do they want to enslave us? what benefit would that give them to be in complete power? obama is already the most POWERFUL man in the free world, there isnt much more he could obtain, so again, having said that, why does he want total control? what else could he gain?

"There is nothing so terrible as ignorance in motion.."
-Skyhook
G-34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:30   #40
WT

HexHead nailed it.

Changing demographics.

I would also add the Permanent Militarization and Perpetual War practices of America which soaks up an incredible amount of money... making that money unavailable for real growth and investment in the economy.

Last edited by WT; 01-22-2013 at 11:30..
WT is offline   Reply With Quote