Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-21-2013, 22:08   #21
chemboy

A local shop(I'm in the Intermountain west) normally has between 100 and 120 Glocks in stock at any given time-they have had ZERO in stock for the past 3 weeks and no idea when they are going to see more of them.

Current Glocks: 19,26,20SF,29SF, 21Gen4,23Gen4,32Gen4
AA 22lr conversion kit for G20.
chemboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 22:18   #22
OldSkhool

They were all out of the Gen 4 26 in my area and one place had not received a shipment since October. Had to drive about 100 miles to find one now his big brother Gen 2 19 has company.
Old 01-21-2013, 23:19   #23
vinstang67

When I wanted Gen4 G31 (I know it is not Gen4 G21), my LGS checked a few of his supplier websites, and said 10 rounds mags. I said no, then he called his sources to find me what I wanted.

Could your LGS do the same?

I guess I was lucky to find an used GEN4 G21 at the end of the year.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by vinstang67; 01-21-2013 at 23:25..
vinstang67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 23:43   #24
Hyena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guatariccan View Post
I've been waiting since October for my blue label Gen 4 G20!!!!
I have been waiting for my 30 since November.
Hyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 23:52   #25
Coach57

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTex View Post
Wanted to buy a Gen 4 G21, but the cupboards are bare.
Anyone else run into a brick wall trying to get a new Glock?
I live in a small town in northern California with one LGS. After this current panic started, the LGS said they had no idea when or if they would get any new handguns in. I stopped by the LGS on Saturday to look at shotguns when out of the blue the owner said he got a couple of Glocks in. I did not intend to, but I bought a Glock 26 as well as the shotgun.
Coach57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 23:56   #26
G27GenFour
American

Got my new G27 on Saturday for $599 and they had at least 5-6 more just like it in the display cabinet. Surprised the heck out of me so I jumped on the opportunity. Guess that wasn't such a bad price these days, either.
G27GenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 00:00   #27
20South

We've got a drought here in Central Ohio. Gen 4 is pretty much a non-starter.
Old 01-22-2013, 00:12   #28
Armedleprechaun

Just put a Glock 19c on layaway. I was lucky to find it.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:02   #29
Dooger

Gunbroker has even been bare for G19's a few times this week. My LGS's too...even a blue label police equip supplier.
Dooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:59   #30
Seawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by elijah58 View Post
Went to 3 gun shops today and saw a limited amount of Glocks, no magazines other than 9 round .45 and no ammo except oddball stuff. This sux, thank you obummer for this mess!!
Eli
Thank your fellow gun nuts for going ape **** and hoarding everything. 3 years people had to stuck up after the 2008 fiasco and I don't feel sorry one bit for anyone left out in the cold this time around.
How many of the millions of people out right now spending $100 for a AR15 mag voted for Obama? I bet you there are more than you think.

Production hasn't stopped on the contrary manufacturers are working non stop trying to fill orders. No, you can blame the idiots out snatching up everything they can find and throwing it in their closets for this mess. Many of which have no interest in anything but gouging and making a quick buck off the current situation.

You want to be mad? Be mad at all the nitwits that waited 4 years before giving a *****.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - كافر - WOLVERINES! - Rule#2 Double Tap
Seawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:02   #31
Seawolf

BTW There are plenty of Gen 3 G19 handguns out there available and to be honest if I was going to get another one I would get a Gen3 over the Gen4 anyway. You don't have to worry about springs, extractors, etc with a Gen3.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - كافر - WOLVERINES! - Rule#2 Double Tap
Seawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:25   #32
jtrudel31

You don't have to worry about "springs,extractors, etc." with gen 4 for that matter . I don't .
jtrudel31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:53   #33
cpablum

Any feelings on a new 17L for under $700 delivered?
cpablum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:50   #34
PAGunner

Anything that takes "high capacity" mags is in short supply... He'll even the guns holding ten or less are in short demand because of the ripple effect, someone goes to the LGS and doesn't find that 21 so they settle for a 30 they otherwise wouldn't have bought. Rifles are in even shorter supply. Hell, even shotguns like Mossy 590s that hold more than 5 are in short supply.

This will all pass, save your money and be patient.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:57   #35
mtber1172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
Thank your fellow gun nuts for going ape **** and hoarding everything. 3 years people had to stuck up after the 2008 fiasco and I don't feel sorry one bit for anyone left out in the cold this time around.
How many of the millions of people out right now spending $100 for a AR15 mag voted for Obama? I bet you there are more than you think.

Production hasn't stopped on the contrary manufacturers are working non stop trying to fill orders. No, you can blame the idiots out snatching up everything they can find and throwing it in their closets for this mess. Many of which have no interest in anything but gouging and making a quick buck off the current situation.

You want to be mad? Be mad at all the nitwits that waited 4 years before giving a *****.
Where do those of us who are relatively new to the gun community (only a year it two as a gun owner) fall? Are we nitwits as well?
mtber1172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:59   #36
mtber1172

Shops around my area still seem to have a decent selection. You can just about find any Glock model you want. However, you're not paying less than $600 for one.
mtber1172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:42   #37
maestrogustav

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtber1172 View Post
Where do those of us who are relatively new to the gun community (only a year it two as a gun owner) fall? Are we nitwits as well?

You're right MT; Seawolf is being quite generalizing and harsh.

Fact is, people like you are constantly rotating into the "gun community." No need to intimidate them, just welcome them in and try to be helpful. There are certainly some folks who should've known better-- but Seawolf lighten up please.

Now MT if you had a join date of Aug 2008, we might all be harder on you. . . . . .
maestrogustav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:49   #38
20South

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGunner View Post
Anything that takes "high capacity" mags is in short supply... He'll even the guns holding ten or less are in short demand because of the ripple effect, someone goes to the LGS and doesn't find that 21 so they settle for a 30 they otherwise wouldn't have bought. Rifles are in even shorter supply. Hell, even shotguns like Mossy 590s that hold more than 5 are in short supply.

This will all pass, save your money and be patient.
Case in point, I was looking at a Gen 4 34 a couple of weeks back at my LGS. Decided not to spent the money, decided a couple of days later to go back. My dealer tells me someone bought it just because it came with three mags instead of two. His only request when coming in the store was "which gun has the highest cap mags in here?". Because it came with 3, he bought it over some M&P that was in stock also, but only had two mags. Oh well. The bright side is that we are getting more people into the gun community. If all these people have finally figured out the liberal agenda on guns - and can remember this in 2014, and will vote - then maybe we can enact some meaningful change.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:14   #39
TBAG

I can't find a Gen 3 19 anywhere so finally decided to settle for a Gen 4. No luck on getting one of those either.
TBAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:53   #40
TTex
Cannon Fodder

I have to say I've got no love for the hoarders out there. Academy started a policy where by you can only buy one box of the scarce calibers a day, and I appreciate them doing that. Honestly if you are buying every box of ammo they have you are either hoarding it, or trying to resale for profit, either way those people have little respect for the next guy/gal in line. For the time being I wish everyone would just buy what they need and move on until this thing blows over (and it will eventually I'm sure of it).

As for my G21 I really like the Gen 4 features, I like the grip texture and size, redesigned mag release, and new RSA, the fact that it comes with 3 mags is also nice, but I'm not after Gen 4 JUST because it comes with three mags. I have to confess the current political climate was a factor in my decision as I was looking into the G30, but at 10 round capacity I can pick one up even after all this hoopla.
I just put my name on the call list at the local LGS. Maybe in a few days they will have one in and I can go buy it.
I hope this all blows over soon so we can get back to buying whatever we want, and having the ammo to shoot as much as we want.
TTex is offline   Reply With Quote