SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-28-2013, 17:25   #1
10-acious
A Perfect 10

School me

Thought I would let some the 1911 experts here help school a relatively newb of the 1911. Thus far, I have owned a Springfield, Nighthawk Talon, and a Dan Wesson VBOB. I am on a PRO list, but I don't see getting that anytime soon.

So, I am in the market for a semi-custom (?) I have narrowed it down a bit to include the Guncrafter No-Name, Ed Brown Special Forces, and either the Les Baer TRS or SRP.

Any and all are welcome to chime in and tell me your experiences with these models. I have also been looking at the "infamous" 1911 Buyers Guide as a reference.

Thanks in advance for your help.
10-acious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 18:28   #2
matt_lowry123

Well, I can't really school you on any of the expensive ones because I'm the slum lord of the sub 1500 dollar ones. I've messed with an Ed Brown special forces and it just didn't do it for me. Next on my list is the GI "No Name." I don't have any hands on experience with it, but everybody seems to really like them. I'm sure more will chime in.
matt_lowry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 19:25   #3
knedrgr

Gun Crafter, hands down! The best combination of the Brown's nice lines with the lock up of a Baer (not as tight as a Baer).
COTEFT #2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

knedrgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 19:36   #4
bac1023

I'd go with the No Name or SRP.

bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:37   #5
Markel

I have Wilsons, Browns, and Guncrafters, and my recommendation is Guncrafter. The Guncrafters came last, but would most definitely be the last to go!
Markel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:53   #6
BigDeeeeeeee

1 more Guncrafter fan.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:39   #7
MStarmer
In Jail...

Looks like you had some decent 1911's already, what did you like or dislike about those you had? I've had two Baer's and have been very pleased with them for the value and one full custom from D&L Sports. The full custom was probably the smoothest functioning gun I've ever owned but I'm not sure I would ever pay that kind of premium again. Maybe from Chuck Rogers or Heirloom precision but I think the all the guns listed are pretty darn good for the money. The Guncrafters seem to always rise to the top when these threads pop up. List all the features you liked in your other guns and find the manufacturer that will give you want at the price-point that you are looking for. For me the Baer TRS was the best fit (two times) as it's rock solid and proven but not so over the top expensive that I wont carry and use/abuse it. I think the best pictures in these forums are of the guns that have tens of thousands of rounds and no finish left!