GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-22-2013, 19:36   #126
Silas.soule

Technology could make those carrying a handgun akin to African-Americans under Jim Crow.

We'll need a Civil Rights Act. To stop private businesses from banning us.
Silas.soule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 20:24   #127
cyphertext

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Does Texas have a law that allows for gun owners to pack on private properties like in Florida?
Yes, Texas has a law allowing you to have your firearm in your vehicle, even on company premise. Doesn't protect you if you carry it in to the building, but the employer can not take action for having a firearm in the vehicle.
cyphertext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 20:36   #128
amd65

Send a message via Yahoo to amd65
Funny, my VW is very gun friendly...
The Okie Corral

Last edited by amd65; 01-22-2013 at 20:37..
amd65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 20:47   #129
Rutha73

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayinva View Post
Agreed. (But how come nobody ever says you MUST carry if you come here...:confused: )

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
I could see the look on someone's face. "Please step through the metal detector. It didn't buzz, please leave the premises untill you are properly armed."
Old 01-22-2013, 21:36   #130
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas.soule View Post
Technology could make those carrying a handgun akin to African-Americans under Jim Crow.

We'll need a Civil Rights Act. To stop private businesses from banning us.
You are not being banned, the gun is. Your analogy to Jim Crow simply doesn't work because African-Americans can't leave their blackness in the car. You are simply not your gun. Now, if congress passes a law saying you can't carry where you used to, well, that's quite different. HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.

Last edited by HollowHead; 01-22-2013 at 22:06..
HollowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:55   #131
Bill Lumberg
BTF Inventor

A good bomb dog will hit on a fired gun (even if it's been cleaned) or a spent casing. Gun-specific training isn't absolutely necessary. Our bomb dogs have hit on guns plenty of times, and have alerted to something as small as one spent .40S&W casing, 2 months old, inside a closed vehicle, in the trunk, under the carpet, under the spare. Hard to fathom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcooper View Post
http://www.policeone.com/police-prod...sniffing-K-9s/

The gun dog is trained to focus on odor that relates exclusively to the oils, powder and residue commonly associated with a dischared firearm and not human odor.
Another benefit to a gun canine under the aforementioned circumstances is that the dog handler does not have to worry about human scent contamination of the area to be searched. Every handler, at some point in time, has come across a scene where their colleagues have inadvertently trampled through the area to be searched. With the use a gun dog, those issues are not a concern for the gun dog handler that is trying to locate a firearm, because the dog focuses only on the odor associated with guns and ammunition.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:58   #132
Mickid

I understand VW want's to take measures to keep their plant safe. However I disagree with them not allowing employees to keep firearms in a vehicle. If the firearm is locked and remains in the vehicle, then it is not harming anyone or potentially hurting them in any way. I'm disappointed in VW, they are one of my favorite auto manufacturers.
Mickid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:20   #133
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickid View Post
I understand VW want's to take measures to keep their plant safe. However I disagree with them not allowing employees to keep firearms in a vehicle. If the firearm is locked and remains in the vehicle, then it is not harming anyone or potentially hurting them in any way. I'm disappointed in VW, they are one of my favorite auto manufacturers.
Do you use petrol products? Then also be prepared for disappointment at the various refineries. They don't allow employees or contractors to have weapons and alcoholic beverages, not even empty shell casings or empty booze bottles, in cars parked in their parking lots either.
Old 01-26-2013, 17:08   #134
PBCounty

Send a message via AIM to PBCounty
Their entire marketing scheme is towards emasculated 30-something males and trendy hipster females. Big surprise.
Old 01-26-2013, 17:10   #135
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCounty View Post
Their entire marketing scheme is towards emasculated 30-something males and trendy hipster females. Big surprise.
What about VW's other production lines of Audi and Lamborghini? Marketing schemes towards fat, overweighted, over-the-hill males who fancy themselves to be some sort of macho race car drivers?

Last edited by fnfalman; 01-26-2013 at 17:11..
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 17:18   #136
PBCounty

Send a message via AIM to PBCounty
Quote:
What about VW's other production lines of Audi and Lamborghini? Marketing schemes towards fat, overweighted, over-the-hill males who fancy themselves to be some sort of macho race car drivers?
I don't know...maybe...can't really recall any of their ads. VW's latest one where the guy can't even throw a ball to his kid is an example though.
Old 01-27-2013, 00:14   #137
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCounty View Post
I don't know...maybe...can't really recall any of their ads. VW's latest one where the guy can't even throw a ball to his kid is an example though.
Salary is the measure of a man, not ball throwing. HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:58   #138
heliguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelotkid View Post
Best VW commercial ever!

heliguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:31   #139
OMEGA5

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelotkid View Post
Haslam will wimp out. He's a demorat is conservative
clothing.
Dano
OMEGA5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:39   #140
racerford

Quote:
Of course not. They are infringing on my Freedom of Religion, and it has nothing to do with the work.

But the VW plant isn't in Georgia, now, is it?
Why are your First amendment rights more important than your Second amendment rights.

How about I bear arms per the 2nd and promise not to sway my co-workers to my way of thinking (I keep my arms concealed and do testify to them). I also promise not to shoot them, or force them to possess arms.

There is NO reason that the First amendment should be more protected or more important than the Second. If my gun is concealed, on my person or in my car, what does that have to with getting my job done? Having guns does not affect my work performance (exclude firefighters or other jobs subjected to extreme heat) any more than my religion, national origin, race, or gender does. Guns in cars is not a safety issue.
racerford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:42   #141
racerford

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliguy View Post
Uh? Wow! Is that really a commercial produced by VW? I can't believe the Muslims would not be rioting in the steets over this. In the US they would be sued to bankruptcy over false advertising.
Old 01-27-2013, 15:56   #142
JEEPX

Quote:
Originally Posted by amd65 View Post
Funny, my VW is very gun friendly...
The Okie Corral
My 68 Beetle convertible and my wife's 2012 turbo are both very pro gun.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
JEEPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 16:04   #143
JEEPX

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
Salary is the measure of a man, not ball throwing. HH
Agreed 100%.
However, many sad beings do not see it this way.
Much as those sad creatures who are failures at life, but use vehicles to try and pull off the illusion of prosperity.

Last edited by JEEPX; 01-27-2013 at 16:33..
JEEPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:36   #144
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerford View Post
Why are your First amendment rights more important than your Second amendment rights.
So, it's my First Amendment rights? You don't have it too? You don't believe in it?

Quote:
How about I bear arms per the 2nd and promise not to sway my co-workers to my way of thinking (I keep my arms concealed and do testify to them). I also promise not to shoot them, or force them to possess arms.
How about you start up your own company and do that?

Quote:
There is NO reason that the First amendment should be more protected or more important than the Second.
If you don't understand by now the importance of freedom of thoughts and beliefs then I have no more words for you. Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote:
If my gun is concealed, on my person or in my car, what does that have to with getting my job done? Having guns does not affect my work performance (exclude firefighters or other jobs subjected to extreme heat) any more than my religion, national origin, race, or gender does. Guns in cars is not a safety issue.
Not having guns on another's private properties also don't affect your work performance either.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:49   #145
racerford

Quote:
So, it's my First Amendment rights? You don't have it too? You don't believe in it?

How about you start up your own company and do that?

If you don't understand by now the importance of freedom of thoughts and beliefs then I have no more words for you. Cogito Ergo Sum.

Not having guns on another's private properties also don't affect your work performance either.
Yes of course I have 1st and 2nd amendment rights, but I was talking to you and 2nd person is appropriate grammar as well.

Being on private property does not allow someone to willy nilly violate all of your rights. They cannot abbrogate you right to private property and take your stuff. They cannot abbrogate your right to be secure in your person, they cannot rape you without consequences. The Constitution and all of its amendments is not just a limit on the federal government, but a basis for ALL of our laws.

Again why are your 1st amendment rights more important than your 2nd amendment rights? I did not notice any indication of prioritization of our rights in the constitution. However, if you believe that the order of the amendments is an indicator, then it would mean the second is more important that the 4th and 5th amendments and we should not lose the right to bear arms with a felony after completion of the court supervision.

I look forward to your explanation.