SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:52   #1
Detectorist

Yep, let's legalize drugs...

http://myfox8.com/2012/02/03/photos-...ore-and-after/

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. George Bernard Shaw
Detectorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:00   #2
Ohio Cop

The people who scream the loudest for decriminalization are the furthest from having to deal with it.

Those on here who scream about the legalization of drugs and how it is unconstitutional have never had to tell parents that their 17 YO daughter overdosed and was found dead in a Walmart bathroom.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Ohio Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:04   #3
Goodrich
Like a Sir

and yet it would happen weather its legal or not. just because some people don't know how to handle their sh** doesn't mean others should be punished who want to do drugs responsibly and recreationally and yet to allow cigarettes and alcohol is complete hypocrisy. same can be said with guns just because their are people who don't know howto properly handle guns doesn't mean everyone should be punished.

Last edited by Goodrich; 01-08-2013 at 03:05..
Goodrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:07   #4
Goodrich
Like a Sir

and just to clear the air i don't use drugs.. anymore, however i think responsible adults should be able to do as they please with in moderation. some people just can't use moderation and it's no one's fault but their own.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:10   #5
*ASH*
SMDEBDFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodrich View Post
and yet it would happen weather its legal or not. just because some people don't know how to handle their sh** doesn't mean others should be punished who want to do drugs responsibly and recreationally and yet to allow cigarettes and alcohol is complete hypocrisy. same can be said with guns just because their are people who don't know howto properly handle guns doesn't mean everyone should be punished.
agreed this country has lost its damn mind . where has personal responsibility gone ???

war on drugs ??EPIC FAIL

legal or not folks will do what they want . people want to go down that road of drugs then so be it . thats their f up

im getting real damn tired of this law or that law .we got enough stupid ass laws .

people are responsible for themselves . period

if the government found a way to make money on it , everything would be legal lol .

Last edited by *ASH*; 01-08-2013 at 03:13..
*ASH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:10   #6
Ohio Cop

Quote:
I'm not fully convinced heroin and meth are "recreational" but I digress.

To what extent is your experience with drugs and/or their users?

Where I work there is an enormous heroin problem. As such, just about every person I arrest for a theft crime or in a stolen car or RSP is an addict. An addict will steal your stuff and forget about it by the time that plunger hits.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Old 01-08-2013, 03:12   #7
Ohio Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ASH* View Post
agreed this country has lost its damn mind . where has personal responsibility gone ???

war on drugs ??EPIC FAIL

legal or not folks will do what they want . people want to go down that road of drugs then so be it . thats their f up

im getting real damn tired of this law or that law .we got enough stupid ass laws .

people are responsible for themselves . period
Only in a utopian world. That's along the same lines of "if there were no guns we'd have no more murders".

I really wish folks would have more personal responsibility, unfortunately the majority of our citizens lack that.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:

Last edited by Ohio Cop; 01-08-2013 at 03:13..
Old 01-08-2013, 03:17   #8
Goodrich
Like a Sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
I'm not fully convinced heroin and meth are "recreational" but I digress.

To what extent is your experience with drugs and/or their users?

Where I work there is an enormous heroin problem. As such, just about every person I arrest for a theft crime or in a stolen car or RSP is an addict. An addict will steal your stuff and forget about it by the time that plunger hits.

while in high school and some years after i smoked copious amounts of Marijuana. and about 5-6 years after high school i decided i wanted to try coke once just for experimentation purposes and that's what i did tried it once and that was it. i would like to try some hallucinogens. as of right now though i'm stone sober haven't done anything in a few years and that includes alcohol just never been a fan of it. as for herion and meth yes its destructive and anything synthesized i don't agree people should be doing however when it would come to legalization i don't think its fair to cherry pick weather you agree with it or not.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:19   #9
Detectorist

Quote:
and just to clear the air i don't use drugs.. anymore, however i think responsible adults should be able to do as they please with in moderation. some people just can't use moderation and it's no one's fault but their own.
Who decides who is a responsible adult?

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. George Bernard Shaw
Old 01-08-2013, 03:21   #10
*ASH*
SMDEBDFF

you know Ohio Copper we have had words on here before , and god knows most here know im not all for LEO LOL . and i do have relatives in law enforcement , but i must say ,,,,

anyone who wants a job with the highest divorce rate , dealing with ****ty people daily , putting up with BS , does deserve some respect . i will be first to admit you could not pay me enough money to deal with people like that daily .
*ASH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:21   #11
Ohio Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detectorist View Post
Who decides who is a responsible adult?
A reasonable person...

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Old 01-08-2013, 03:21   #12
Goodrich
Like a Sir

anyone over 21 just like with alcohol. at least if they where taxed and regulated we would be making some money and it would be harder for kids to get it. right now its so easy for them to pick whatever they want off the street.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:23   #13
Ohio Cop

Quote:
you know Ohio Copper we have had words on here before , and god knows most here know im not all for LEO LOL . and i do have relatives in law enforcement , but i must say ,,,,

anyone who wants a job with the highest divorce rate , dealing with ****ty people daily , putting up with BS , does deserve some respect . i will be first to admit you could not pay me enough money to deal with people like that daily .
Much appreciated. That means a lot.

And to think I did it for free for 3 months when I first started....

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Old 01-08-2013, 03:24   #14
elsolo

Prohibition didn't stop those idiots.

Now how many people here would be smoking meth if only it were legal?
elsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:24   #15
Goodrich
Like a Sir

Quote:

i mean don't get me wrong i have great respect for LEOs
i just find it a bummer that the people who are responsible who would like to do drugs recreationally have to feel like criminals.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:25   #16
Goodrich
Like a Sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsolo View Post
Prohibition didn't stop those idiots.

Now how many people here would be smoking meth if only it were legal?
none unless they are already into it i don't think anyone on a whim is going to be like "hey i think ill do some heroin or meth" who have never been into it before.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:28   #17
Ohio Cop

Quote:
i mean don't get me wrong i have great respect for LEOs
i just find it a bummer that the people who are responsible who would like to do drugs recreationally have to feel like criminals.
You do understand that heroin, Meth, crack and powerful prescription drugs are hardly ever used recreationally?

They're not called methheads, crackheads and pill heads for nothing.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Old 01-08-2013, 03:33   #18
Goodrich
Like a Sir

yes well some people can show greater restraint then others, obviously the vast majority can't with those types of drugs. i have never used or had the desire to try those personally, however like i said earlier when it comes to legalization or even decriminalization it wouldn't be fair to cherry pick. weather i agree with them or not. i'm more about the non narcotics. but to each their own. people are going to do what they want to do.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:39   #19
Detectorist

Serious crime in this country has been cut like 40%. One of the reasons this happened is that we are putting more folks in jail for longer periods. Many of them, if not most, were drug users/dealers.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:41   #20
Goodrich
Like a Sir

what about the first time non-violent offenders. ?