Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:54   #121
Will Beararms

Options? TX, LA, MS, TN, AR, AZ, OK, MO, FL, GA, etc.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:01   #122
Gray_Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguelo View Post
once again, we in ny are justifiably the subject of national scorn and ridicule. i think the last time was due to elliot spitzer's uh..... 'indiscretions'

it seems easy for certain fortunate residents of free states to presumptuously suggest that we ny subjects pick up and move from this 2nd amendment forsaken hell hole. i admit, all things being equal, no gun lovin' person would choose to live here.

all things are never equal, though. career, wife's career, family, and kids in school are some of my un-equalizers. my next clear chance to gtfo will be upon my retirement, and i resolve to take advantage of it. anyway, spare us the unsolicited advice......

i'm also amused by non-residents who are inclined to offer new yorkers up to the legal system. to them, i suggest they visit nyc and open carry a g17 with a post ban 17 rounder in time square. manfully stride up to the first nypd you see and say 'make my day'. i'll contribute to your legal defense fund...

if you're unwilling to do so, again, spare us.

if this excrable law remains in effect, i'll grit my teeth and carry my dw cco, sw 386 night guard, pm9, or sw 340 m&p until i can emigrate to free america.

best to all-- deguelo

God bless sir. My condolences to all gun owners in the P.R.N.Y. You are correct. It is not always easy to move away from everything or for that matter possible.

Sad that so many can't live with the above mentioned hobnailed boot on their necks, but in the words of Dr. Oliver B. Greene, "That's sad, but that's so!"

Gray_Rider
Old 02-28-2013, 04:02   #123
Gray_Rider

Another thing that bothers me is the myopic gunowners (that as with the previous assault weapons ban) marched with Sarah and the Brady Bunch saying "No one needs a 30 round clip!! Nobody needs a pistol that holds 17 bullets in the clip!!" These idjits never seem to grasp THEY WANT ALL THE GUNS!!! Throwing them bones always makes them hungry for more. We 'compromise' and give up this right or that firearm. THEY GIVE UP NOTHING!!!
How can gunowners be so stupid!!?? The antis will never ever stop coming and they won't be happy till you can't have a picture of a gun as they are with their moronic Zero Tolerance rules that always come down to a total lack of common sense.

WTHU people! Stop giving them anything. What are they giving us but a little more time and a lot less space to manuver? Then they are back for the next little snippet and the next! Like the greek god that was always hungry and sucked in anything it could devour. They want them all! How many times must they say it before it sinks in??

Gray_Rider

Last edited by Gray_Rider; 02-28-2013 at 04:04..
Gray_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:51   #124
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDSTG58 View Post
So now with our 7 round limit in NY, what would you chose for carry? Stick with what you've carried before and an extra low cap mag? Go back to a revolver with speed loaders or moon clips? What would you chose?

I've carried a Glock 30 for years. Now I'm thinking I may go to a S&W 620 or 625.

And yes I know a bunch of you will suggest moving....... Not an option for many of us......
You could always carry 2 revolvers - maybe there's a reason they call that a "New York reload" now.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:28   #125
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray_Rider View Post
Another thing that bothers me is the myopic gunowners (that as with the previous assault weapons ban) marched with Sarah and the Brady Bunch saying "No one needs a 30 round clip!! Nobody needs a pistol that holds 17 bullets in the clip!!" These idjits never seem to grasp THEY WANT ALL THE GUNS!!! Throwing them bones always makes them hungry for more. We 'compromise' and give up this right or that firearm. THEY GIVE UP NOTHING!!!
How can gunowners be so stupid!!?? The antis will never ever stop coming and they won't be happy till you can't have a picture of a gun as they are with their moronic Zero Tolerance rules that always come down to a total lack of common sense.

WTHU people! Stop giving them anything. What are they giving us but a little more time and a lot less space to manuver? Then they are back for the next little snippet and the next! Like the greek god that was always hungry and sucked in anything it could devour. They want them all! How many times must they say it before it sinks in??

Gray_Rider
Correct.

And we know this to be true because if one gun is banned, the bad guy will just use another gun. We KNOW that gun bans do nothing to stop crime. Therefore, future crimes, mass shootings, etc, will call for the banning of additional guns.

No end. And even after all guns were banned, we KNOW the murders from bad guys would continue. With black market guns, and bombs.

Last edited by ithaca_deerslayer; 02-28-2013 at 06:29..
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:38   #126
Revvv

I would carry my G22 with full cap magazine and tell the idiots to stuff it.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:29   #127
Pier23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdstg58 View Post
well maybe someone will come out with a modern version of this.....
http://www.horstheld.com/0-hdh.htm

20 shot revolver.....
love it!!!!
Pier23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:07   #128
Climb14er

Watching what is happening here in Colorado, I bought a Dan Wesson CCO, Commander slide on Officer's frame 1911, 7 +1, thin, lightweight, flawlessly reliable, disappears in a good holster.

This has replaced my Glock 19 as primary CCW.

.45ACP and easy to carry.

Even though we still have existing laws that the Dems want to change and reduce mag capacity, I do not trust these politicians any longer.

If I were in NY... I'd carry a lightweight commander on an officer's frame.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:09   #129
p01ic3m4n

Personally, I'd just ignore the law and carry what I want. Despite that, I'm a revolver person, and just to snub them, I'd get a 2" 500 S&W magnum or short barrel Ruger Redhawk in 454 Casull and hide it wherever I could. I would also openly carry those little artillery shells for it on my belt in cartridge loops.
p01ic3m4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:49   #130
Will Beararms

I will not live in any jurisdiction or near any jurisdiction that restricts the size of a soft drink much less a magazine. If recent events are not a red flag indicator to get out of New York State then nothing is. I would not even be considering what to carry to conform to these tyrants.
Old 02-28-2013, 13:20   #131
oldman11

I can just see all the felons in prison throughout the states all laughing their a** off over NY passing these anti American laws.
oldman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 13:50   #132
Glock 23 Nutter

Quote:
So now with our 7 round limit in NY, what would you chose for carry?...
Same thing I choose to carry in Free America...

G36/230 gr. HST+P

Nutter
Glock 23 Nutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 14:42   #133
BuckyP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Well maybe someone will come out with a modern version of this.....
http://www.horstheld.com/0-HDH.htm

20 shot revolver.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
NYC....

I think John Carpenter was a visionary in regards to NYC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurger View Post
That's easy. Seven rounds then a slow reload!

Its history fits our current political climate as well.
General Firearms Forum
A friend has a 7 shot 686 snub nose. It's a beautiful piece. Not sure if they make them any more. Even if the law excludes revolvers, a 7 shot 686 L frame is still a better choice, IMO, than an 8 shot N frame, especially after comparing them side by side.
BuckyP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 21:34   #134
JDSTG58

Cz52 would be a nice Commie gun for a Commie State.
JDSTG58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:36   #135
Gray_Rider

[QUOTE=ithaca_deerslayer;20040436]Correct.

And we know this to be true because if one gun is banned, the bad guy will just use another gun. We KNOW that gun bans do nothing to stop crime. Therefore, future crimes, mass shootings, etc, will call for the banning of additional guns.

No end. And even after all guns were banned, we KNOW the murders from bad guys would continue. With black market guns, and bombs. [QUOTE]

I wonder what the antis would be saying if the Sandy Hook murderer had used #4 buck and a pump/semi auto 12 gage with sling full or two of ammo?

I know...Trick question. Those nasty AR 15's would STILL be the gun they would want eliminated. As well as the extended magazines.

Gray_Rider

Last edited by Gray_Rider; 03-01-2013 at 01:38..
Gray_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote