Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 11:34   #151
GeneralSnafu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post

This was a press release and not an official police report. And in a rather large world out there outside of Glock Talk the words "magazine" and "clip" are used somewhat interchangeably by people, especially by those in the media. And bizarre as it seems, either word seems to convey an adequate meaning to the reader or listener. That said, I would encourage anyone here who believes that the press release is inaccurate, ignorant, or unprofessional to both contact Lt. Vance, and to immediately send their resume to Commissioner Bradford and to Colonel Stebbins along with, perhaps, a cover letter explaining how you could perform the PIO job in a far superior manner thereby establishing a much better working relationship with the press and media.

But if it helps you to rest easier, I would bet that somewhere in the thousands of pages there is a property receipt/crime scene document which describes the device as a magazine rather than a clip.
So what you're really saying is, this was not actually the final police report. It's someone's interpretation of the final police report. So, when will we see the actual report?
Old 01-21-2013, 11:41   #152
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralSnafu View Post
So what you're really saying is, this was not actually the final police report. It's someone's interpretation of the final police report. So, when will we see the actual report?
Post #49 -
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
They have said that it will be completed mid-March.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
Old 01-21-2013, 11:43   #153
skorper
harborrat

Quote:
It's a basic statement of facts, pertaining to one aspect. A press re-release, meant for clarification. It is flawed in my opinion, but that's what it is. We will be able to see the actual report after the investigation is completed. There is a LOT involved in these things. As far as this particular incident is concerned, even more so.

I've seen the quiet dead; and I've heard the living moan. This world's no place to live in, but it's home.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:51   #154
RussP

Quote:
So what you're really saying is, this was not actually the final police report. It's someone's interpretation of the final police report....
Did you get from this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
This was a press release and not an official police report.
...that it was an interpretation?

How about this: It was an official release of facts that will be included in the formal final report.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:54   #155
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

I am buying stock in ALCOA...that's is all.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:02   #156
countrygun

Has anyone ever heard a an official give a statement about a serious traffic accident?

"We have determined that the car, a Yugo, was travelling westbound at a high rate of speed when it left the roadway and impacted with the Zeppelin anchored in the meridian"

That is what they know at the moment. They don't know why the car was travelling at high rate of speed yet, why it left the roadway, and may not have a definitive answers about why the Zeppelin was in the meridian.

that doesn't mean that was extracted from an as-of-yet unfinished final report.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:03   #157
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockdude1 View Post
Why would the Bushmaster be mentioned with the "high capacity 30 round clips" and nothing about the pistols or shotgun magazines????

Something fishy here......
Quote:
I agree. I smell Bull*****.
Please help me.

What is it about the Glockdude1's post that changes the odor in your room?

Here's the original list from the Release:
Quote:
Seized inside the school:

#1. Bushmaster .223 caliber-- model XM15-E2S rifle with high capacity 30 round clips

#2. Glock 10 mm handgun

#3. Sig-Sauer P226 9mm handgun

Seized from suspectís car in parking lot:

#4. Izhmash Canta-12 12 gauge Shotgun (seized from car in parking lot)

This case remains under investigation.
Thanks...

Old 01-21-2013, 12:14   #158
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorper View Post
Thirty round magazines are STANDARD for any AR type rifle.
I was issued 20-round magazines for my M-14.
I was issued 20-round magazines for my M-16.

For me, 20-rounds is "standard capacity."

Face it, there is no standard for magazine capacity terminology. Only the latest stupid legislation has the 'correct' defintion, in the eyes of the law.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:26   #159
skorper
harborrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
I was issued 20-round magazines for my M-14.
I was issued 20-round magazines for my M-16.

For me, 20-rounds is "standard capacity."

Face it, there is no standard for magazine capacity terminology. Only the latest stupid legislation has the 'correct' defintion, in the eyes of the law.
When was that? I have never seen 20 rounders as military issue.

Am I correct in supposing it was right after the transition from the M-14?

I've seen the quiet dead; and I've heard the living moan. This world's no place to live in, but it's home.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:35   #160
skorper
harborrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorper View Post
When was that? I have never seen 20 rounders as military issue.

Am I correct in supposing it was right after the transition from the M-14?
I looked it up and see that they were in fact made under contract for the military until at least 1972.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:40   #161
dsa1115

IMO this shooters mother is an irresponsible moron. If you lose control of your weapons, it's your fault period. I think it's every gun owners responsibility to always secure your weapons so your gun can't be stolen or misused. Perhaps if people gave as much consideration to buying a high quality safe, as opposed to the next great gun they're going to buy, a case like this one in CT wouldn't have happened. I'm kind of stating the obvious here when I state this lady should have had her guns locked up, especially given her son's history of psychological problems.....and locked up to keep them from being stolen in a burglary.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:40   #162
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
But what weapons did the shooter on the grassy knoll have?

That is the question that the government will never answer.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:44   #163
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSixtyTwo View Post
I know a retired cop who still calls magazines clips. My latest issue of Rifleman calls a magazine a clip. We may be in the minority by using the correct vernacule.
That is because small stuff is normally called clips and the ole timers from before most of us called them all the same thing. As long as I know what people are talking about I don't worry about it.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:49   #164
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsa1115 View Post
IMO this shooters mother is an irresponsible moron. If you lose control of your weapons, it's your fault period. I think it's every gun owners responsibility to always secure your weapons so your gun can't be stolen or misused. Perhaps if people gave as much consideration to buying a high quality safe, as opposed to the next great gun they're going to buy, a case like this one in CT wouldn't have happened. I'm kind of stating the obvious here when I state this lady should have had her guns locked up, especially given her son's history of psychological problems.....and locked up to keep them from being stolen in a burglary.
I would have to disagree with you. In my grandpap's home he had rifles on a rack that were not locked up and he never had a problem ever. But what has happened is that mental illness through the use of drugs etc has caused lots of lunatics to do things that are very bad.

His mother was a victim..Not the problem. She should have used the emergency admission petition to have the police lock him up. Then the shooting would have been avoided.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:51   #165
DaleGribble
Well Heeled Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post
I believe the initial news report reported they removed a AR rifle from the car trunk. Now they're claiming it was a Canta-Can'tbe shotgun or something?

Is there a record that either the mother, or the shooter, purchased such a weapon?

I smell conspiracy!!!
You're one of those people...

The Infowars video that you people believe points to a conspiracy clearly shows news footage, taken from a helicopter, of an officer working a side mounted charging handle, which matches what the police are saying was found in the trunk of the car. The weapon in the video clearly was not an AR like Infowars wants you to believe!
Old 01-21-2013, 13:02   #166
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Why would the Bushmaster be mentioned with the "high capacity 30 round clips" and nothing about the pistols or shotgun magazines????

Something fishy here......
Quote:
Please help me.

What is it about the Glockdude1's post that changes the odor in your room?

Here's the original list from the Release:Thanks...
I was only refering to the magazine capacity of the AR being mentioned, and no mention of the other weapons magazine capacity.

It sounds to me, that the statement was not made by anyone in L/E. It comes across to me as it was written by a anti-gun reporter.

Old 01-21-2013, 13:08   #167
skorper
harborrat

Quote:

It sounds to me, that the statement was not made by anyone in L/E. It comes across to me as it was written by a anti-gun reporter.

Your statement here coincides with the whole gist of my involvement in this thread.

And not all LEO's are pro 2A. I know several who are in favor of magazine restrictions and so on.

Last edited by skorper; 01-21-2013 at 13:17..
Old 01-21-2013, 13:14   #168
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleGribble View Post
You're one of those people...

The Infowars video that you people believe points to a conspiracy clearly shows news footage, taken from a helicopter, of an officer working a side mounted charging handle, which matches what the police are saying was found in the trunk of the car. The weapon in the video clearly was not an AR like Infowars wants you to believe!

Sarcasm Dale...
Old 01-21-2013, 13:20   #169
gooffeyguy

What were the capacities of the other firearms?

Last edited by gooffeyguy; 01-21-2013 at 13:20..
Old 01-21-2013, 13:21   #170
RussP

Quote:
I was only refering to the magazine capacity of the AR being mentioned, and no mention of the other weapons magazine capacity.

Yes, I understood that to be your focus. Just wanted to know GeneralSnafu's take on it.

Old 01-21-2013, 13:59   #171
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooffeyguy View Post
What were the capacities of the other firearms?
Glock, maximum 15. Sig, 10 or 15.

Old 01-21-2013, 14:24   #172
gooffeyguy

They could have 10rd mags?

I can see the point in some of the posts above though. The mag capacity of the Bushmaster is listed but the others aren't. If the Bushmaster had a 10rd mag would that have been stated as well, or is it only because "high capacity assault rifles" are all over the media lately?
Old 01-21-2013, 14:36   #173
rifleman56

Quote:
No, they did not. When I talked with Neil Armstrong in December of 1969, he described the location to me in detail. He also told me...well, that you wouldn't believe either.
I'll probably believe it. What did Armstrong say?
Old 01-21-2013, 14:45   #174
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Still no mention that the "suspect's car" was registered to someone that's never been mentioned by the media since this incident occurred?

Quote:
Seized from suspect’s car in parking lot:

#4. Izhmash Canta-12 12 gauge Shotgun (seized from car in parking lot)
No name of the "suspect". Remember to pay as much attention to what they don't say as what they do say. The "suspect's car" wasn't registered to anyone named Lanza.

Also, why does the press release say "STATE POLICE IDENTIFY WEAPONS USED IN SANDY HOOK INVESTIGATION;"

That's very strange wording. Whoever wrote that press release is either a moron or is purposely using vague language that is open to interpretation.
"If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it?"-Edward Bernays, grandfather of modern propaganda

Last edited by G19G20; 01-21-2013 at 14:47..
Old 01-21-2013, 14:59   #175
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post

Also, why does the press release say "STATE POLICE IDENTIFY WEAPONS USED IN SANDY HOOK INVESTIGATION;"

That's very strange wording. Whoever wrote that press release is either a moron or is purposely using vague language that is open to interpretation.
STATE POLICE IDENTIFY WEAPONS USED, IN SANDY HOOK INVESTIGATION. Would a comma have made it a little more clear? HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
Closed Thread