GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 08:23   #451
Hyena
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhaven View Post
Rumors and gossip are just that, rumors and gossip. From day one Connecticut State Police, who are conducting the investigation, have stated that two handguns and a long gun were found in the school. Its because people (including some who posted here) are spreading rumors, gossip, and conspiracy theories, all based on inaccurate media reporting as the event was taking place, that the police recently released the memo that kicked off this thread.
Yeah. I use this forum mostly for entertainment so the gossip and rumors are fine with me. If I wanted the cold hard facts I'd probably just go to a news website. Like I said just looking for the gossip.
Hyena is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 08:30   #452
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 42,726
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
Amazing amount of physical stamina young Lanza had keeping an AR trained on kids. SEALs would be impressed by his strength and shooting ability under pressure. 100+ rounds in a couple minutes, with deadly accuracy, indoors (I assume also no hearing protection), is a feat that any shooter would be proud of.
Police did report that Lanza had ear plugs in place when they found his body.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
I challenge you to duplicate Lanza's feat (minus live children, of course) and report back to us. A video of you doing it would be great. Its only a matter of time before someone does a video trying to replicate his alleged marksmanship and stamina under such extreme conditions.
Quick question, G19G20, what experience do you have shooting an AR-15 style rifle, specifically under the influence of an adrenaline dump?
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 08:36   #453
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 42,726
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyena View Post
So what kind of firearms where used in Sandy Hook. This is a long thread and I don't feel like going through it all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyena View Post
Yeah I did, but from rumors that I hear it changes daily. Just wanted the latest gossip. Sorry I offended you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyena View Post
Yeah. I use this forum mostly for entertainment so the gossip and rumors are fine with me. If I wanted the cold hard facts I'd probably just go to a news website. Like I said just looking for the gossip.
So, Hyena, you're 31. How long have you been in LE there in the Austin area?
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 09:33   #454
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 42,726
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyena View Post
If I wanted the cold hard facts I'd probably just go to a news website. Like I said just looking for the gossip.
Help us out, I mean we're your source for gossip, including the CSP Press Release in Post #1, which news website do you use for the "hard cold facts"?
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 15:51   #455
G19G20
Status Quo 2014
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Police did report that Lanza had ear plugs in place when they found his body.Quick question, G19G20, what experience do you have shooting an AR-15 style rifle, specifically under the influence of an adrenaline dump?
Strange that he would wear earplugs seeing how he was going to kill himself moments later. Did he wear shooting glasses too?

I have plenty of experience with my hand built AR (ADTEK upper and lower, Sabre 1:7 14" barrel, YHM modular rail, etc). My shoulder bruises after a hundred rounds at the range attest to that and Im not a small guy. Can't say Ive had to perform with it while blasting at a bunch of kids in tight quarters though. Can you image the SMOKE alone in a small classroom from an AR going off 50 times in a single minute without range quality ventilation? Nevermind the sound, concussion, and other factors.

Instead of questioning my credentials, why not tell me that it's not a physical feat to do what he did and Im way off-base? The fact is that what he has been claimed to do, under intense pressure and conditions, given his reported lack of mental acuity, lack of physical fitness, and lack of training seems highly unlikely, particularly when taken in context with the rest of the issues with the story. Im not a coincidence theorist but his plan seemed to go remarkably well.
G19G20 is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 15:59   #456
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus
 
Mayhem like Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 15,175
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
Strange that he would wear earplugs seeing how he was going to kill himself moments later. Did he wear shooting glasses too?

I have plenty of experience with my hand built AR (ADTEK upper and lower, Sabre 1:7 14" barrel, YHM modular rail, etc). My shoulder bruises after a hundred rounds at the range attest to that and Im not a small guy. Can't say Ive had to perform with it while blasting at a bunch of kids in tight quarters though. Can you image the SMOKE alone in a small classroom from an AR going off 50 times in a single minute without range quality ventilation? Nevermind the sound, concussion, and other factors.

Instead of questioning my credentials, why not tell me that it's not a physical feat to do what he did and Im way off-base? The fact is that what he has been claimed to do, under intense pressure and conditions, given his reported lack of mental acuity, lack of physical fitness, and lack of training seems highly unlikely, particularly when taken in context with the rest of the issues with the story. Im not a coincidence theorist but his plan seemed to go remarkably well.
I will tell you that you are most certainly full of it. I have never had a bruise on my shoulder from shooting a 223 upwards of 1000 rounds per day I could teach anyone to point shoot in an enclosed environment like that and guarantee hits.
I have seen what 1 determined aggressor can do with a pistol in a house full of able body teenage males he killed 4 and wounded 3 and got out clean after traversing a set of stairs up and down.
Your experience is not serving you well in this debate you're off base and ill prepared.
posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
How do you establish intent?
Well when a naked man is chasing a woman down an alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he's not collecting for the red cross...Inspector H. Callahan
Mayhem like Me is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 16:06   #457
aplcr0331
SortaHeuristic
 
aplcr0331's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 3,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
I will tell you that you are most certainly full of it. I have never had a bruise on my shoulder from shooting a 223 upwards of 1000 rounds per day I could teach anyone to point shoot in an enclosed environment like that and guarantee hits.
I have seen what 1 determined aggressor can do with a pistol in a house full of able body teenage males he killed 4 and wounded 3 and got out clean after traversing a set of stairs up and down.
Your experience is not serving you well in this debate you're off base and ill prepared.
posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Bruising after 100 rounds? Bull****. Absolute and utter bull****.

This person has never shot a gun let alone an AR-15. Huge amount of smoke? WTF? Maybe if you were shooting underwater.

She's never been a shooter.

I've fired about 1,500 rounds from the 240G back in the Corps and never had a bruise. Hell my arm's were not sore, and by no means was I some elite operator.

This girl is lying.

Last edited by aplcr0331; 01-29-2013 at 16:07..
aplcr0331 is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 16:14   #458
G19G20
Status Quo 2014
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by skorper View Post
This post is just ridiculous in it's stupidity. I think you are playing games. No one could be that dense. Come on, come clean.
I eagerly await the YT videos of you and all the others demonstrating the ease of Lanza's alleged feat, seeing how you all are implying that it wasn't a big deal and anybody could do it. Don't forget to do it in a small cinder block room with little ventilation.

Or, in the alternative, could it be true that Lanza was actually trained for such a mission and was capable of such a feat? That would also counter the official story so far. My argument is simply that Lanza has been reported as being an out of shape, untrained, introvert computer nerd, which is hardly the profile of an individual to pull off what he is claimed to have pulled off. You can't have it both ways.
G19G20 is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 16:15   #459
HollowHead
Firm member
 
HollowHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam
Posts: 23,114


Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Bruising after 100 rounds? Bull****. Absolute and utter bull****.

This person has never shot a gun let alone an AR-15. Huge amount of smoke? WTF? Maybe if you were shooting underwater.

She's never been a shooter.

I've fired about 1,500 rounds from the 240G back in the Corps and never had a bruise. Hell my arm's were not sore, and by no means was I some elite operator.

This girl is lying.
Maybe G19G20 fell out of the chair while playing "BlackOpsIII" and broke a fingernail? That could hurt... HH
__________________
Never trust a pastor with a day job.

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 16:17   #460
G19G20
Status Quo 2014
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
I will tell you that you are most certainly full of it. I have never had a bruise on my shoulder from shooting a 223 upwards of 1000 rounds per day I could teach anyone to point shoot in an enclosed environment like that and guarantee hits.
I have seen what 1 determined aggressor can do with a pistol in a house full of able body teenage males he killed 4 and wounded 3 and got out clean after traversing a set of stairs up and down.
Your experience is not serving you well in this debate you're off base and ill prepared.
posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I bruise easily. What's your point? Stay on topic.

Are you saying Lanza used a pistol, not an AR? Your comparo is apples and oranges. His feat would have been much more believable if he used only pistols. That's not the official story though.
G19G20 is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 16:21   #461
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus
 
Mayhem like Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 15,175
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
I bruise easily. What's your point? Stay on topic.

Are you saying Lanza used a pistol, not an AR? Your comparo is apples and oranges. His feat would have been much more believable if he used only pistols. That's not the official story though.
Again you show your ignorance and lack of knowledge of the weapon system shooting with a pistol is much harder than shooting with a carbine. With simple body indexing drills pictures with the carbine shouldered looking over the Weapon hits are almost guaranteed in an enclosed classroom you are without a doubt too ignorant on the subject
To further debate.
posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
How do you establish intent?
Well when a naked man is chasing a woman down an alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he's not collecting for the red cross...Inspector H. Callahan

Last edited by Mayhem like Me; 01-29-2013 at 16:23..
Mayhem like Me is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 16:25   #462
aplcr0331
SortaHeuristic
 
aplcr0331's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 3,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
I eagerly await the YT videos of you and all the others demonstrating the ease of Lanza's alleged feat, seeing how you all are implying that it wasn't a big deal and anybody could do it. Don't forget to do it in a small cinder block room with little ventilation - Where did you find out the dimensions of the classroom and the physical makeup of the building?

Or, in the alternative, could it be true that Lanza was actually trained for such a mission and was capable of such a feat? - Who trained him, why, when, to what end?

That would also counter the official story so far. My argument is simply that Lanza has been reported as being an out of shape, untrained, introvert computer nerd, which is hardly the profile of an individual to pull off what he is claimed to have pulled off. You can't have it both ways.
There are actually news article that specifically state Adam Lanza was "out of shape" and "untrained"?
aplcr0331 is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 16:26   #463
G19G20
Status Quo 2014
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Bruising after 100 rounds? Bull****. Absolute and utter bull****.

This person has never shot a gun let alone an AR-15. Huge amount of smoke? WTF? Maybe if you were shooting underwater.

She's never been a shooter.

I've fired about 1,500 rounds from the 240G back in the Corps and never had a bruise. Hell my arm's were not sore, and by no means was I some elite operator.

This girl is lying.
Oh so it's a dick measuring contest now and we're going to change the subject to bruising potential of certain firearms compared to your own physical attributes? Hard for your arms to get sore when the 240G is a tripod or turret mounted machine gun that is 30 pounds without ammo and is 4 feet long. You big strong guy you.
G19G20 is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 16:26   #464
aplcr0331
SortaHeuristic
 
aplcr0331's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 3,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
I bruise easily. What's your point? Stay on topic.

Are you saying Lanza used a pistol, not an AR? Your comparo is apples and oranges. His feat would have been much more believable if he used only pistols. That's not the official story though.
Now we know you are full of ****. Man, your ignorance knows no bounds! Done with you Sally.
aplcr0331 is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 16:29   #465
aplcr0331
SortaHeuristic
 
aplcr0331's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 3,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
Oh so it's a dick measuring contest now and we're going to change the subject to bruising potential of certain firearms compared to your own physical attributes? Hard for your arms to get sore when the 240G is a tripod or turret mounted machine gun that is 30 pounds without ammo and is 4 feet long. You big strong guy you.
I'm sure all the gunners of the world will love to know that having a weapon on the bipod eleminates all the recoil. It's magic!

You had to google 240's and you are practically quoting the wiki entry for it. I can tell by your description of it.

I am a big strong guy too

Last edited by aplcr0331; 01-29-2013 at 16:32..
aplcr0331 is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 16:29   #466
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
I keep trying to tell you folks that this poster is just trying to get gunwise people to point out how easy the gunhandling part of the tragedy was physically and technically to highlight the "deadly-ness" of the AR because this poster is a shill but you won't listen.

How could anybody make any of the claims he has if they actually had any experience themselves?

Is there anyone who has experience that agrees with his claims? Anyone?

That's what used to be called 'A clue"
countrygun is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 16:33   #467
G19G20
Status Quo 2014
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,004
I missed this gem. Notice what's missing? The part where the dispatcher radio'ed back the "real" registration of the car in question. If the Rodia response was to a different request that was cross talk, where is the response about the registration of the car with the Saiga? There was none, which leads to the logical conclusion that the registration info returned was the info of the car called in. Same car now claimed to be Lanza's. You'd think getting that info would be a tad more important than responding to a traffic accident.

Last edited by G19G20; 01-29-2013 at 16:34..
G19G20 is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 16:34   #468
ray9898
Senior Member
 
ray9898's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Georgia
Posts: 17,181


Is this a serious discussion??? Bruises from a .223...smoke from the rounds without 'range quality ventilation'.....
ray9898 is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 16:35   #469
G19G20
Status Quo 2014
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
I keep trying to tell you folks that this poster is just trying to get gunwise people to point out how easy the gunhandling part of the tragedy was physically and technically to highlight the "deadly-ness" of the AR because this poster is a shill but you won't listen.

How could anybody make any of the claims he has if they actually had any experience themselves?

Is there anyone who has experience that agrees with his claims? Anyone?

That's what used to be called 'A clue"
GFY dude and stop cyber stalking me.
G19G20 is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 16:39   #470
G19G20
Status Quo 2014
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
I'm sure all the gunners of the world will love to know that having a weapon on the bipod eleminates all the recoil. It's magic!

You had to google 240's and you are practically quoting the wiki entry for it. I can tell by your description of it.

I am a big strong guy too
Yep I did Google it. I like to have correct information when I form a reply to someone's post. Is that a problem for you? And since you're a big strong guy, here's the "big strong guy" from SH.

Do I really need to post the picture of Lanza to make my point about his physical attributes?

Through this entire back and forth, none of you have stated that you believe anybody is capable of doing what he is alleged to have done from a shooter and stamina standpoint. Come on, just say that any random person could pull off what he is alleged to have done and we'll consider it resolved.

Last edited by G19G20; 01-29-2013 at 16:44..
G19G20 is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 16:40   #471
uz2bUSMC
10mm defender
 
uz2bUSMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: J-Ville NC
Posts: 3,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
I keep trying to tell you folks that this poster is just trying to get gunwise people to point out how easy the gunhandling part of the tragedy was physically and technically to highlight the "deadly-ness" of the AR because this poster is a shill but you won't listen.

How could anybody make any of the claims he has if they actually had any experience themselves?

Is there anyone who has experience that agrees with his claims? Anyone?

That's what used to be called 'A clue"
Two seconds reading his posts and I agree.
__________________
- Without idiots, there would be no baseline for common sense.

- "Our country went through a transition during the last election where the parasites came together and outnumbered the hosts." -jdavionic
uz2bUSMC is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 16:40   #472
aplcr0331
SortaHeuristic
 
aplcr0331's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 3,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray9898 View Post
Is this a serious discussion??? Bruises from a .223...smoke from the rounds without 'range quality ventilation'.....
No kidding, can't believe I walked into this one. It's like talking about guns with some clueless COD/BLOPS players.

I'm mad at myself for engaging in this. Seacrest Out!
aplcr0331 is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 16:40   #473
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
GFY dude and stop cyber stalking me.
'Cyber stalking" you????

I was in this thread before you showed up, cupcake.

You hung out some real stupid statements and it makes your motives questionable, so I questioned them,
countrygun is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 16:42   #474
Bruce M
Senior Member
 
Bruce M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: S FL
Posts: 20,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
I missed this gem. Notice what's missing? The part where the dispatcher radio'ed back the "real" registration of the car in question. If the Rodia response was to a different request that was cross talk, where is the response about the registration of the car with the Saiga? There was none, which leads to the logical conclusion that the registration info returned was the info of the car called in. Same car now claimed to be Lanza's. You'd think getting that info would be a tad more important than responding to a traffic accident.
Your knowledge of police procedures, trunked radio systems, and the ability of Radioreference.com to conclusively record all calls of a P25 system are every bit on par with your knowledge of how easy or difficult it would be to use an AR in a classroom.
__________________
Bruce
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 16:44   #475
M&P15T
Beard One
 
M&P15T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,161
Holy smokes!!

An epic ****-storm of a thread that I am not involved in.

How'd that happen?
M&P15T is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 00:15.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 808
219 Members
589 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42