Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 22:01   #426
ray9898

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
Just when you think it impossible, M&PShooter is bested. HH
Apparently it takes a SEAL to shoot defenseless children huddled in classrooms.
Old 01-28-2013, 22:07   #427
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
What an amazing post. Don't strain yourself trying too hard to engage in material discussion of the issue. Wouldn't want you to spill your drink.
I don't think there's a page in this twenty-two? page thread that I (and countless other worshippers of logic and reason) haven't, "...engaged in material discussion of the issue" posted in. Please, read twice and type once. HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
Old 01-28-2013, 22:09   #428
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray9898 View Post
Apparently it takes a SEAL to shoot defenseless children huddled in classrooms.
Amazing amount of physical stamina young Lanza had keeping an AR trained on kids. SEALs would be impressed by his strength and shooting ability under pressure. 100+ rounds in a couple minutes, with deadly accuracy, indoors (I assume also no hearing protection), is a feat that any shooter would be proud of.

I challenge you to duplicate Lanza's feat (minus live children, of course) and report back to us. A video of you doing it would be great. Its only a matter of time before someone does a video trying to replicate his alleged marksmanship and stamina under such extreme conditions.
"If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it?"-Edward Bernays, grandfather of modern propaganda

Last edited by G19G20; 01-28-2013 at 22:15..
Old 01-28-2013, 22:13   #429
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
I don't think there's a page in this twenty-two? page thread that I (and countless other worshippers of logic and reason) haven't, "...engaged in material discussion of the issue" posted in. Please, read twice and type once. HH
In other words you're punting. 'K
"If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it?"-Edward Bernays, grandfather of modern propaganda
Old 01-28-2013, 22:15   #430
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
Amazing amount of physical stamina young Lanza had keeping an AR trained on kids. SEALs would be impressed by his strength and shooting ability under pressure. 100+ rounds in a couple minutes, with deadly accuracy, indoors (I assume also no hearing protection), is a feat that any shooter would be proud of.
3 to 7 GSW's per body is hardly "deadly accuracy." What's even more disturbing is your claim that "any shooter would be proud of" committing a Sandy Hook. HH

Old 01-28-2013, 22:17   #431
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
3 to 7 GSW's per body is hardly "deadly accuracy." What's even more disturbing is your claim that "any shooter would be proud of" committing a Sandy Hook. HH
Don't be obtuse. You know damn well that's not what I meant.
Old 01-28-2013, 22:39   #432
ray9898

Quote:

I challenge you to duplicate Lanza's feat (minus live children, of course) and report back to us. A video of you doing it would be great. Its only a matter of time before someone does a video trying to replicate his alleged marksmanship and stamina under such extreme conditions.

Are we talking about the same thing? I have shot an M4 more times than I can count in indoors CQB training both against popup targets and force on force simunitions.

Shooting 3 mags against unarmed children trapped in a couple of classrooms does not require great 'physical stamina' nor expert marksmanship.

Have you ever shot a gun at something other than paper?
Old 01-28-2013, 22:50   #433
countrygun

Quote:
Are we talking about the same thing? I have shot an M4 more times than I can count in indoors CQB training both against popup targets and force on force simunitions.

Shooting 3 mags against unarmed children trapped in a couple of classrooms does not require great 'physical stamina' nor expert marksmanship.

don't fall for his trick. He is trying to make a case for ARs being easily used weapons because he is a shill from DU. He knows **** well that the nut did it without help, he is just a shill ,
Old 01-28-2013, 22:55   #434
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:

Cut him some slack. The only time he ever shot an AR he pissed himself and dropped it. HH

Old 01-28-2013, 23:03   #435
NH Trucker
Needs coffee...

Quote:

I don't know about at close range, but in my last range trip, I hit 20 clays in 25 rounds at 200 yards with my Bushmaster M4gery, and it took less than 5 minutes. And I'm no super marksman, nor do I have any military training. Didn't Lanza have 10 minutes before the police got there?

As for his "shooting under pressure" and his "stamina holding an AR on kids," you really should spend some time researching psychotic people when they finally break from reality. You would be amazed at what they're capable of.

Last edited by NH Trucker; 01-28-2013 at 23:11..
Old 01-28-2013, 23:10   #436
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Trucker View Post
I don't know about at close range, but in my last range trip, I hit 20 clays in 25 rounds at 200 yards with my Bushmaster M4gery, and it took less than 5 minutes. And I'm no super marksman, nor do I have any military training. Didn't Lanza have 10 minutes before the police got there?
And accoring to multiple reports from both the media and the authorities, Vickie Soto had her kids piled behind her in a corner. Stevie Wonder would have had the same result. HH

Old 01-28-2013, 23:23   #437
NH Trucker
Needs coffee...

Quote:
Cut him some slack. The only time he ever shot an AR he pissed himself and dropped it. HH

That's sad. The first time I took my niece to the range, she was 19, maybe 110 pounds, and had never fired a gun before. By her second mag, I had her mostly in the 8 ring, off hand, at 25 yards with my AR.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:21   #438
G23Gen4TX

Quote:
Don't forget went def and shell shocked.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:29   #439
Hyena

So what kind of firearms where used in Sandy Hook. This is a long thread and I don't feel like going through it all.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:39   #440
AngryPanda
Is he a troll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyena View Post
So what kind of firearms where used in Sandy Hook. This is a long thread and I don't feel like going through it all.
The exact same ones as reported day 1 that for some reason GT, and the rest of the pro gun world, thought it would make a difference if they were not used. AR, glock, Sig, shotgun in the trunk.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:09   #441
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Don't you read it never happened.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:09   #442
sbhaven

Quote:
Seriously? You couldn't read the OP post on page 1 that kicked off this thread that has a memo from the Connecticut State Police on the firearms used at Sandy Hook?

Last edited by sbhaven; 01-29-2013 at 06:10..
Old 01-29-2013, 06:26   #443
sbhaven

Quote:
According to police radio recordings at the scene, the car was not registered to anybody named Lanza, but rather a, still unmentioned by the MSM, gentleman named Christopher Rodia.
Sandy Hook and Christopher Rodia – Most ‘Conspiracy Theorists’ Can’t Think
Quote:
At 1:39 an officer says “Connecticut 872 Y Yankee, E Echo, O Oscar, 872 YEO possible suspect vehicle.” (this is the license plate of the car of Nancy Lanza, the mother of Adam Lanza).

At 2:04 an officer with a deep voice, clearly NOT the officer that made the previous 872 YEO license plate report, says: “run the eh… operator, he’s a Florida license Connecticut as well, first name is Rodia, R-O-D-I-A, Christopher A. Date of birth is, eh…August 6th ’69.”

The two communications in bold above are what have caused the erstwhile conspiracy theorists to get their knickers in a twist. They claim that, together, the comments constitute ‘clear evidence’ that Christopher Rodia owned Nancy Lanza’s car. But, taken in context, i.e. that both communications are part of a continuum of Connecticut State police communications on the morning of the SH shooting that include State Police responses to the shooting AND things like traffic stops by police who are NOT involved with the response to the SH shooting, and that both types of communications are naturally interspersed…well the rational conclusion then is that Rodia was just one of several people who were stopped in their cars by a CT. State police officer somewhere nowhere near Sandy Hook school.

As evidence that some of the State police communications were coming from pretty far afield and had nothing to do with Sandy Hook; the reference to “Liberty way parking lot” in the audio most likely refers to Liberty way parking lot in Greenwich CT. which is 45 miles from Sandy Hook. The word ‘Greenwich’ is also spoken by a dispatcher in the above audio, although I didn’t include it here. If you want to hear it you’ll just have to listen to the audio yourself. If you do, you’ll be among a select few individuals who have actually bothered to listen to the audio, unlike the legions of SH ‘conspiracy theorists’ who prefer to pull theories out of their backsides rather than engage in serious research and, in doing so, make anyone trying to honestly investigate the SH shooting look like a nutjob. People like Brendan Hunt appear to fall into this category.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:33   #444
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdTracker View Post
Using "slang" descriptions in an official police statement does not bode well for the department or their professionalism.

....does it make the 20 1st graders any less dead??
Old 01-29-2013, 06:37   #445
M&P Shooter
Metal Member

Quote:
Just when you think it impossible, M&PShooter is bested. HH
Why are you still making comments towards me?
Old 01-29-2013, 06:42   #446
Bruce M

Quote:
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:49   #447
skorper
harborrat

Quote:

This post is just ridiculous in it's stupidity. I think you are playing games. No one could be that dense. Come on, come clean.

I've seen the quiet dead; and I've heard the living moan. This world's no place to live in, but it's home.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:10   #448
Hyena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhaven View Post
Seriously? You couldn't read the OP post on page 1 that kicked off this thread that has a memo from the Connecticut State Police on the firearms used at Sandy Hook?
Yeah I did, but from rumors that I hear it changes daily. Just wanted the latest gossip. Sorry I offended you.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:41   #449
sbhaven

Quote:
Yeah I did, but from rumors that I hear it changes daily. Just wanted the latest gossip. Sorry I offended you.
Rumors and gossip are just that, rumors and gossip. From day one Connecticut State Police, who are conducting the investigation, have stated that two handguns and a long gun were found in the school. Its because people (including some who posted here) are spreading rumors, gossip, and conspiracy theories, all based on inaccurate media reporting as the event was taking place, that the police recently released the memo that kicked off this thread.

Last edited by sbhaven; 01-29-2013 at 07:42..
Old 01-29-2013, 08:16   #450
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!

Wow - G19G20 must be REALLY impressed with the guy I work with. He has an AR-10 that he can shoot, and he weighs about 140 - with his duty gear on.

And how is shooting defenseless kids, huddled up in a corner, with a rifle (which are inherently more accurate than a pistol) a feat of marksmanship? Doesn't seem like it'd be all that difficult, which is why the ******* chose a school full of little kids. Had he tried a gun range or police station, or perhaps driven down to Little Creek VA and invited the folks down there for a little bit of trigger time, he'd have had a harder way to go.

But, anyone who thinks that:

An AR is heavy
An AR has any more than a slight bit of recoil
It's difficult to pull a trigger, and reload and AR, after 2 minutes of playing with it.
An AR isn't accurate, especially at CQB range

Is either -

Stupid -or-
Very unfamiliar with the platform -or-
Has an agenda

You pick.
Closed Thread