GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 18:23   #326
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus
 
Mayhem like Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 15,169
Blog Entries: 3
May want to read this as well.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-memorial.html

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/55...tml.csp?page=2
__________________
How do you establish intent?
Well when a naked man is chasing a woman down an alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he's not collecting for the red cross...Inspector H. Callahan

Last edited by Mayhem like Me; 01-25-2013 at 18:31..
Mayhem like Me is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 20:21   #327
OlliesRevenge
Senior Member
 
OlliesRevenge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
Yet, you perpetuate posts that are in many ways far more offensive than what the Westboro Baptist Church does at the funerals of fallen military. HH
Nonsense. Questioning the popular take on a current event is nowhere close to what Westboro does. Nor does questioning a current event "dishonor the dead".

In addition to banning standard cap mags and semi-auto weapons I suppose we should make it unlawful to question current events?!
__________________
Good men must not obey the laws too well.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.
~Henry David Thoreau

Remember always: The government is not the country!
OlliesRevenge is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 20:31   #328
HollowHead
Firm member
 
HollowHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam
Posts: 23,094


Quote:
Originally Posted by OlliesRevenge View Post
Nonsense. Questioning the popular take on a current event is nowhere close to what Westboro does. Nor does questioning a current event "dishonor the dead".

In addition to banning standard cap mags and semi-auto weapons I suppose we should make it unlawful to question current events?!
"Your Kid Died To Protect A Gay America."
"Your Kid Died To Initiate Gun Legislation."

Two different arguments from the same mentality. HH
__________________
Never trust a pastor with a day job.

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 21:10   #329
OlliesRevenge
Senior Member
 
OlliesRevenge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
"Your Kid Died To Protect A Gay America."
"Your Kid Died To Initiate Gun Legislation."

Two different arguments from the same mentality. HH
Westboro ambushes funerals with picket signs that are designed to be inflammatory. No one has picketed the funerals of the children who died at Sandy Hook.

Your original claim was that questioning Sandy Hook was "far more offensive" than what Westboro does... your comparison above would seem to argue that questioning Sandy Hook is equal in offensiveness to what Westboro does. In fact - both claims are exaggerated, and plainly incorrect.

If I entertain conspiracy theories about the Benghazi attack, do I "dishonor" those that died there in that incident? Or do I honor them by showing an interest in discovering what really happened?
__________________
Good men must not obey the laws too well.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.
~Henry David Thoreau

Remember always: The government is not the country!
OlliesRevenge is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 21:15   #330
HollowHead
Firm member
 
HollowHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam
Posts: 23,094


Quote:
Originally Posted by OlliesRevenge View Post
Westboro ambushes funerals with picket signs that are designed to be inflammatory. No one has picketed the funerals of the children who died at Sandy Hook.
The conspiracy crowd simply lacks the guts. HH
__________________
Never trust a pastor with a day job.

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 21:21   #331
*ASH*
Senior Member
 
*ASH*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: nc
Posts: 22,069
Ollie , pm sent
__________________
— 'Most people have a regulator between their mind and mouth that modulates their brutish sentiments and spikiest impulses.
*ASH* is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 21:33   #332
Bruce M
Senior Member
 
Bruce M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: S FL
Posts: 20,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P Shooter View Post
I don't put anything pass the Obama administration's agenda of disarming this country. I don't know what went down in CT but I SUSPECT a lot of evidence being suppressed and covered up to protect the liberal cause. A lot of people will disagree but I can't change how I feel and what I believe. I don't trust politicians and I have lost my trust in most of law enforcement lately also.

There are good law enforcement officers and there's bad I know this. I shoot with some cops at my local range and they are good guys so don't take this as a cop bashing post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P Shooter View Post
So many lies anymore I trust no one.
Do you have any trust in the officers that you shoot with at the range? And sorry if it is repetitive, but forgetting what you feel - trying to leave the emotions out of it, any idea how many are in on the cover up and how many officers there on the scene are not quick enough to figure out the cover up and how many if any did not actively participate in the cover up but know of it and are remaining silent?
__________________
Bruce
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now  
Old 01-25-2013, 22:42   #333
OlliesRevenge
Senior Member
 
OlliesRevenge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by *ASH* View Post
Ollie , pm sent
I got it... thanks. Turns out you are 100% correct (judging by response above). Thanks for the advice.
__________________
Good men must not obey the laws too well.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.
~Henry David Thoreau

Remember always: The government is not the country!
OlliesRevenge is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 04:54   #334
I Shooter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 200
When I first heard of this shooting it came out that the guy used two hand guns and a rife was pulled from the trunk of his car. Some time the next day I heard that a rifle was used. Later that day they said that there was a shotgun pulled from the trunk. Then some days later I read that there was four hand guns used and all were found on him in the school.

I have no idea what was used. I think every one is trying to spin it to help their interest. I also know that it was reported that there would be a gun ban long before this came down.

It is very sad that some fool killed all those children. It is even sadder that the people in charge are not willing to protect our children from more such attacks. All they want to do is blame the guns and take them from us in the name of what happened to the children. While knowing full well that taking the guns will make no deference. In other countries they put armed guards in schools to protect there children as we do our TV stars and other so called important people even our banks. We have no problem putting police in unruly schools.

May the children and god forgive us for not doing what it takes to protect the children.

Last edited by I Shooter; 01-26-2013 at 04:56..
I Shooter is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 05:01   #335
M&P Shooter
Metal Member
 
M&P Shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 10,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
Do you have any trust in the officers that you shoot with at the range? And sorry if it is repetitive, but forgetting what you feel - trying to leave the emotions out of it, any idea how many are in on the cover up and how many officers there on the scene are not quick enough to figure out the cover up and how many if any did not actively participate in the cover up but know of it and are remaining silent?
I only trust the officers I shoot with because we have been friends our whole lives. I really don't have a lot of trust when it comes to police. I am not going to bash the police or post stories of things done by them I disagree with. I am just answering your question in a truthful manor. For the second question I don't know what to make of the CT shooting, I just have a feeling there's more then meets the eye and I have no idea who's involved. Maybe we will know the truth someday or maybe never but I hope those children weren't just pawns on a board.
__________________
I walk through the valley of the shadow of death but it's cool because my Glock 23 is loaded with 180gr HST!

Last edited by M&P Shooter; 01-26-2013 at 05:01..
M&P Shooter is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 09:21   #336
Bruce M
Senior Member
 
Bruce M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: S FL
Posts: 20,085
As you trust them and have been friends with them for your whole life, perhaps you should ask them about the school shooting and whether or not they think there is a cover up?
__________________
Bruce
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now  
Old 01-26-2013, 10:03   #337
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 42,682
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P Shooter View Post
I only trust the officers I shoot with because we have been friends our whole lives. I really don't have a lot of trust when it comes to police.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
As you trust them and have been friends with them for your whole life, perhaps you should ask them about the school shooting and whether or not they think there is a cover up?
Good question...
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P Shooter View Post
...For the second question I don't know what to make of the CT shooting, I just have a feeling there's more then meets the eye and I have no idea who's involved. Maybe we will know the truth someday or maybe never but I hope those children weren't just pawns on a board.
Hell no, they were NOT originally pawns. They most definitely were placed on the playing board by the media and politicians including the President.
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921

Last edited by RussP; 01-26-2013 at 11:11..
RussP is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 11:40   #338
ray9898
Senior Member
 
ray9898's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Georgia
Posts: 17,172


Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
The conspiracy crowd simply lacks the guts. HH
Yup...they will certainly use the anonymity of the internet to accuse grieving parents of being actors playing some script perpetrated by the gun grabbers.
ray9898 is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 11:45   #339
ray9898
Senior Member
 
ray9898's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Georgia
Posts: 17,172


Quote:
Originally Posted by I Shooter View Post
When I first heard of this shooting it came out that the guy used two hand guns and a rife was pulled from the trunk of his car. Some time the next day I heard that a rifle was used. Later that day they said that there was a shotgun pulled from the trunk. Then some days later I read that there was four hand guns used and all were found on him in the school.
Once again....LE only provided one version which never changed and was corroborated by the media's own footage taken that first evening.

The media simply reported mere speculation as fact since LE did not initially release any info for the first day and a half. They claimed the video the news helicopter shot was of an AR being removed from the car. Anyone with even the most basic knowledge of AR's can tell that is not what was removed and that it was instead the shotgun LE described. That shows from the beginning the news reports were off and they were later changed because they were not supported by fact, nothing to do with some grand coverup.

Last edited by ray9898; 01-26-2013 at 16:32..
ray9898 is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 11:48   #340
HollowHead
Firm member
 
HollowHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam
Posts: 23,094


Quote:
Originally Posted by ray9898 View Post
Yup...they will certainly use the anonymity of the internet to accuse grieving parents of being actors playing some script perpetrated by the gun grabbers.
Exactly. HH
__________________
Never trust a pastor with a day job.

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 11:49   #341
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus
 
Mayhem like Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 15,169
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray9898 View Post
Yup...they will certainly use the anonymity of the internet to accuse grieving parents of being actors playing some script perpetrated by the gun grabbers.
Funny a search of the Sandy Hills truther links shows a large amount of them being used on stormfront....the thread at that site is split about they same as here except the percentages are reversed.
__________________
How do you establish intent?
Well when a naked man is chasing a woman down an alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he's not collecting for the red cross...Inspector H. Callahan

Last edited by Mayhem like Me; 01-26-2013 at 11:51..
Mayhem like Me is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 12:09   #342
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 42,682
Blog Entries: 64
People want someone to blame.

People want punishment for someone.

With Aurora, you have Holmes. He stands in for the murders who killed themselves, until Sandy Hook.

All of a sudden, with the one responsible for the horrific crime dead by his own hand, there's a need to blame someone, anyone so that punishment, the retribution for the crime, can be exacted.

Both sides place blame.

One side blames the rifle, the magazine, and the bullets for the murders.

The other side says the blame for the murders is on those who blame the rifle, the magazine, and the bullets. Somehow they conspired to kill the children.

Yep, both sound reasonable, don't they...
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 12:35   #343
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus
 
Mayhem like Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 15,169
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
People want someone to blame.

People want punishment for someone.

With Aurora, you have Holmes. He stands in for the murders who killed themselves, until Sandy Hook.

All of a sudden, with the one responsible for the horrific crime dead by his own hand, there's a need to blame someone, anyone so that punishment, the retribution for the crime, can be exacted.

Both sides place blame.

One side blames the rifle, the magazine, and the bullets for the murders.

The other side says the blame for the murders is on those who blame the rifle, the magazine, and the bullets. Somehow they conspired to kill the children.

Yep, both sound reasonable, don't they...
Except I don't fit into either of those.

Bad things happen to good people, and have since the beginning of time.

Facts speak more than opinion, my theory a whack job flipped and killed innocent people.. If he he had a Ruger 10/22 the same thing would have happened.

People want to lay lame to an object because to think that the person did it , and now cannot be punished is inconceivable.
__________________
How do you establish intent?
Well when a naked man is chasing a woman down an alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he's not collecting for the red cross...Inspector H. Callahan
Mayhem like Me is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 12:35   #344
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
People want someone to blame.

People want punishment for someone.

With Aurora, you have Holmes. He stands in for the murders who killed themselves, until Sandy Hook.

All of a sudden, with the one responsible for the horrific crime dead by his own hand, there's a need to blame someone, anyone so that punishment, the retribution for the crime, can be exacted.

Both sides place blame.

One side blames the rifle, the magazine, and the bullets for the murders.

The other side says the blame for the murders is on those who blame the rifle, the magazine, and the bullets. Somehow they conspired to kill the children.

Yep, both sound reasonable, don't they...
The fact that crazy people do inexplicably crazy things without rhyme or reason (that we can understand) is just too much for some people to live with.

The reality that life is fleeting and anyone of us could be standing in a grocery store, mall, movie theater when one of these nuts opens up, and we have no control over it, is a reality they want to avoid facing
.
They think that, if they can find something or someone to blame (be it the gun or the conspirators) they can have more control over their own fate. They can keep themselves from being a victim.

We are seeing a whole, highly visible, segment of the population panicking and tying to change our basic rights because they can't deal with one nut having that much effect on individuals, so they irrationally blame the tool.

Another segment of the population cannot grasp that one crazed individual, through their actions, can effect the body politic and endanger our basic rights, so they blame a non-existent conspiracy.

Both are rationalizations to avoid unpleasant realities.
countrygun is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 12:40   #345
czsmithGT
Senior Member
 
czsmithGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 9,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
The fact that crazy people do inexplicably crazy things without rhyme or reason (that we can understand) is just too much for some people to live with.

The reality that life is fleeting and anyone of us could be standing in a grocery store, mall, movie theater when one of these nuts opens up, and we have no control over it, is a reality they want to avoid facing
.
They think that, if they can find something or someone to blame (be it the gun or the conspirators) they can have more control over their own fate. They can keep themselves from being a victim.

We are seeing a whole, highly visible, segment of the population panicking and tying to change our basic rights because they can't deal with one nut having that much effect on individuals, so they irrationally blame the tool.

Another segment of the population cannot grasp that one crazed individual, through their actions, can effect the body politic and endanger our basic rights, so they blame a non-existent conspiracy.

Both are rationalizations to avoid unpleasant realities.
Very true and well said.
czsmithGT is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 12:55   #346
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 42,682
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
Except I don't fit into either of those.
I know that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
People want to lay lame to an object because to think that the person did it , and now cannot be punished is inconceivable.
Or, to punish a surrogate associated with the tool.
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 12:55   #347
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 42,682
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
The fact that crazy people do inexplicably crazy things without rhyme or reason (that we can understand) is just too much for some people to live with.

The reality that life is fleeting and anyone of us could be standing in a grocery store, mall, movie theater when one of these nuts opens up, and we have no control over it, is a reality they want to avoid facing
.
They think that, if they can find something or someone to blame (be it the gun or the conspirators) they can have more control over their own fate. They can keep themselves from being a victim.

We are seeing a whole, highly visible, segment of the population panicking and tying to change our basic rights because they can't deal with one nut having that much effect on individuals, so they irrationally blame the tool.

Another segment of the population cannot grasp that one crazed individual, through their actions, can effect the body politic and endanger our basic rights, so they blame a non-existent conspiracy.

Both are rationalizations to avoid unpleasant realities.
Very good...
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 13:00   #348
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick
 
redbaron007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southwest Missouri
Posts: 6,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
People want someone to blame.

People want punishment for someone.

With Aurora, you have Holmes. He stands in for the murders who killed themselves, until Sandy Hook.

All of a sudden, with the one responsible for the horrific crime dead by his own hand, there's a need to blame someone, anyone so that punishment, the retribution for the crime, can be exacted.

Both sides place blame.

One side blames the rifle, the magazine, and the bullets for the murders.

The other side says the blame for the murders is on those who blame the rifle, the magazine, and the bullets. Somehow they conspired to kill the children.

Yep, both sound reasonable, don't they...
Just a recent convo I had this week with a conservative, who owns no guns; who did not realize the ramifications of the proposed laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
The fact that crazy people do inexplicably crazy things without rhyme or reason (that we can understand) is just too much for some people to live with.

The reality that life is fleeting and anyone of us could be standing in a grocery store, mall, movie theater when one of these nuts opens up, and we have no control over it, is a reality they want to avoid facing
.
They think that, if they can find something or someone to blame (be it the gun or the conspirators) they can have more control over their own fate. They can keep themselves from being a victim.

We are seeing a whole, highly visible, segment of the population panicking and tying to change our basic rights because they can't deal with one nut having that much effect on individuals, so they irrationally blame the tool.

Another segment of the population cannot grasp that one crazed individual, through their actions, can effect the body politic and endanger our basic rights, so they blame a non-existent conspiracy.

Both are rationalizations to avoid unpleasant realities.
^^^^
Very well stated!



red
__________________
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632


R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. Mullah (aka El Ron)
R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline  
Old 01-27-2013, 09:49   #349
Rick305
ra1sales.com
 
Rick305's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 493
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature...&v=aDwoYH3i0Hc
__________________
19
Rick305 is offline  
Old 01-27-2013, 09:49   #350
Rick305
ra1sales.com
 
Rick305's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 493
http://youtube.com/#/watch?feature=r...&v=aDwoYH3i0Hc
__________________
19
Rick305 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:25.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,176
340 Members
836 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42