Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 14:20   #276
M&P Shooter
Metal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Do you have much experience with disasters? I do. In 1978 a plane crashed in Portland Oregon I was, by circumstances in the middle of the official end of the mess. I heard the so called "actual reports" as they came through channels before they reached the news. 50%of it, and no surprise, the FIRST 50% turned out to be BS. Now a good chunk of that was discovered to be erroneous before it was released to the media because this was before cell phones and the internet. Since then one thing hasn't changed and one thing has. Humans are still misreporting things even through official channels and that hasn't changed. What is new is our ability to get misinformation out at the speed of cell and internet.

Nothing in this story says anything more, to someone who has been in a crisis situation, than a nut went berserk, first reports were wrong, first reports were blasted over the media, and folks with their hats too tight decided to find conspiracies.
Too many changes in stories from beginning to now for me to write off as just a mistake. This is a very dangerous administration that will go to all cost to take over power control from the people to 100% government. I pray I am wrong but I doubt it when speaking of Obama, Hillary, Holder, Fiestein and a whole list of crazies that believe my M&P 40 sitting next to my bed or my AR-15 locked in a safe in my basement is the root of all evil.
Old 01-25-2013, 14:28   #277
skorper
harborrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Why are these conspiracy theories so appealing?

Why are they so strongly embraced?

Why is it so easy to accept theories lacking factual basis, lacking verifiable, irrefutable facts.

There are conspiracies documented in history. That is a fact.

Powerful people order less powerful people to find and convince and allow powerless people to do the deeds that prove the need for more power for the most powerful.

Is that a correct statement?

One theory running around internet space is that all mass shootings in the last two decades were committed by people brainwashed, coerced, trained, and drugged by the Federal government. Sounds like a Hollywood blockbuster, doesn't it?

Another is that all the shooters belonged to the Democrat Party, or their parents did, or they attended a meeting... The Democrats caused it, conspired to have people killed.

The influence of television, movies and games is intertwined around other blame in some theories. But, just who is being influenced.

The hardcore conspiracy theorists, those who devote hours and hours and hours to doing their research, connecting their dots using facts available, they are the source of some of those TV and movie plots.

Their hardcore followers spread the theories across blogs and websites. These sources are then quoted by believers on other sites, forums, their own blogs. By now, the conspiracy facts are mixed with the opinions, interpretations, and sub-theories of the believers. Whatever facts there were are now overshadowed by fuzzy conjecture.

Are these lesser believers influenced by all the instant case resolution on TV? Is their impatience due to their 1-hr attention span. If a crime is not committed, the evidence presented to them in real time and the case solved in an hour, it must be a conspiracy to keep the evidence from them.

At this stage, eyewitness accounts mean nothing. Wait, is that the whole point? Is that the goal? Are the theory's facts meant to devolve and cloud true facts? Are they meant to...

It seems the more horrendous the event, the more outrageous the conspiracy claims are. These coming out of Sandy Hook prove that point. Some of you here will not be satisfied until you can personally see each victim's body exhumed and examine the wounds.

Wait until the/a judge rules that photos of the victims, out of respect for the families, will not be released. The media will then join the conspiracy theorists reigniting the flames.
Good post.

I might add that there is a market for conspiracy, and absolutely no negative repercussions for thos who promote it. No repercussions at all.

I've seen the quiet dead; and I've heard the living moan. This world's no place to live in, but it's home.
Old 01-25-2013, 14:31   #278
ray9898

Why do people keep saying this? LE never 'changed' their story, not one time. The press put a bunch of crap out from whatever 'sources' they could scrape together because LE was quiet other than the number of deceased and that the shooter was dead. Every bit of this bad into was reported prior to the first official LE release. Mis-identifying the shooter as his brother, labeling the mother as a teacher, ect. The list is huge and none of it came from LE.
Old 01-25-2013, 14:32   #279
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorper View Post
Good post.

I might add that there is a market for conspiracy, and absolutely no negative repercussions for thos who promote it. No repercussions at all.
A better definition of cowardice will not be found. Thank you. HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
Old 01-25-2013, 14:44   #280
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
They fill a void in those with a profound sense of inadequacy caused by being a disappointment and failure to those who raised them, divorced them, and fired them. HH
I mentioned three groups. These that you mention, where do they fall.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
Old 01-25-2013, 14:45   #281
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ASH* View Post
sounds like you know a few and friends with some .
i know some folks like that as well ,small world .
What is your opinion of those you know?

Old 01-25-2013, 14:48   #282
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P Shooter View Post
So I am married 14 years with 2 daughters who are straight A students, my mother and father are awesome parents and I myself have a great job making $28hr with full medical and my wife also has a great job in the legal field and I also believe this was a major cover up to something and I believe top police brass rolled with the cover up. I am not 100% sure what went down but I believe it was a joint effort between liberals and top police brass in CT.

P.S. my parents are very proud of me
Where do you place yourself in the conspiracy continuum?

What evidence are you relying on for your opinion?

Old 01-25-2013, 15:00   #283
M&P Shooter
Metal Member

Quote:
Where do you place yourself in the conspiracy continuum?

What evidence are you relying on for your opinion?
I am basing it on the timing of the movie theater and school shooting and all the contradicting evidence. There's good and bad in all walks of life.
Old 01-25-2013, 15:05   #284
*ASH*

Quote:
What is your opinion of those you know?
Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open
Old 01-25-2013, 15:08   #285
RussP

Quote:
Too many changes in stories from beginning to now for me to write off as just a mistake. This is a very dangerous administration that will go to all cost to take over power control from the people to 100% government. I pray I am wrong but I doubt it when speaking of Obama, Hillary, Holder, Fiestein and a whole list of crazies that believe my M&P 40 sitting next to my bed or my AR-15 locked in a safe in my basement is the root of all evil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray9898 View Post
Why do people keep saying this? LE never 'changed' their story, not one time. The press put a bunch of crap out from whatever 'sources' they could scrape together because LE was quiet other than the number of deceased and that the shooter was dead. Every bit of this bad into was reported prior to the first official LE release. Mis-identifying the shooter as his brother, labeling the mother as a teacher, ect. The list is huge and none of it came from LE.
Good response Ray.

Old 01-25-2013, 15:12   #286
RussP

Quote:
I am basing it on the timing of the movie theater and school shooting and all the contradicting evidence. There's good and bad in all walks of life.
Contradicting evidence, what are your sources for that evidence?

Does your information come from official written and published reports from the various authorities responsible for investigating the incidents?

Old 01-25-2013, 15:12   #287
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
And what is this "evidence" that you are privy to that eveyone else apparently is not? HH

Old 01-25-2013, 15:16   #288
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ASH* View Post
Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open
Let me rephrase the question.

Those that you know that are embracing the conspiracy theories, are they well informed by information from the authorities investigating the actual incidents?

Old 01-25-2013, 15:17   #289
M&P Shooter
Metal Member

Quote:
Contradicting evidence, what are your sources for that evidence?

Does your information come from official written and published reports from the various authorities responsible for investigating the incidents?
There have been many links and stories all over the net. I made my determination based upon what I believe and it will not be agreed with by all but that's life.
Old 01-25-2013, 15:20   #290
M&P Shooter
Metal Member

Quote:
And what is this "evidence" that you are privy to that eveyone else apparently is not? HH
I'm sorry but I don't want to debate with you based on your other posts in other threads constantly attacking people in a troll like fashion. Have a nice weekend sir.
Old 01-25-2013, 15:23   #291
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
I'm sorry but I don't want to debate with you based on your other posts in other threads constantly attacking people in a troll like fashion. Have a nice weekend sir.
Your gumption seems as strong as your evidence. HH

Old 01-25-2013, 15:39   #292
*ASH*

Quote:
Let me rephrase the question.

Those that you know that are embracing the conspiracy theories, are they well informed by information from the authorities investigating the actual incidents?
im sorry but i know from the other day how you rephrase questions and jossle and beat around the bush so in retropect i will afford you the same . thanks my friend .

A closed mind is a dying Mind .
Old 01-25-2013, 16:00   #293
M&P Shooter
Metal Member

Quote:
Your gumption seems as strong as your evidence. HH
Troll tactics don't work on me sir. I will discuss and provide some links for anybody in this thread but you. If you want to talk weather it's snowing here in Philly tonight and coming down hard with a outside temp of 15
Old 01-25-2013, 16:02   #294
M&P Shooter
Metal Member

Never heard of a real parent of a slain child laughing before giving statement to news
Old 01-25-2013, 16:22   #295
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Never heard of a real parent of a slain child laughing before giving statement to news
Sandy Hook Shooting Exposed As a Fraud - YouTube
I have and saw it first hand .

Also saw a mom of a boy that died a painfull death due to cancer laughing and cutting up with me talking about her little man before his funeral, what exactly is the point you are making?

Do you want someone judging your every movement after a horrific death in your family.

Just because it does not fit what you think you wold do does not make it extraordinary .

Think about what you are saying please.
Old 01-25-2013, 16:24   #296
countrygun

Quote:
I went through this before on the subject so listen up.

I have been the parent of a dead child. I didn't have to give a press conference, but I can attest to the emotional toll it takes, and for reasons I have already discussed on this forum, I know that emotions can get all out of whack and that laughter, under the stress, can occur at inappropriate times.

From actual EXPERIENCE (you do understand that I hope) I find nothing in that video that makes me suspicious. I just see something that I can understand from experience. In the same way I understand misinformation being spread at the speed of "wrong".
Old 01-25-2013, 16:26   #297
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
You are now sounding like a complete idiot. How dare you dictate how people mourn... HH

Old 01-25-2013, 16:26   #298
*ASH*

Quote:

yeah that is f-ed up . you can see him laughing and cutting up and then in blink of an eye when they say roll em , he stops and builds up a grieving face / wonder if he thought camera was off would he revert back to smiling, we shall never know .
Old 01-25-2013, 16:30   #299
M&P Shooter
Metal Member

Quote:
You are now sounding like a complete idiot. How dare you dictate how people mourn... HH
My 1st Amendment right, don't care what you think of me and yes I dare. It's not working, you will never bait me HH

Last edited by M&P Shooter; 01-25-2013 at 16:31..
Old 01-25-2013, 16:34   #300
Bruce M

Quote:
I understand some guys on GT being good cops and not wanting to believe a fellow brother is capable of a cover up on such a grand scale but it happens. The cops on GT might be the best cops out there but that doesn't mean those in CT that day were. I believe deep down that somewhere in the top brass of CT PD someone who believes gun control is the #1 answer took advantage of this horrible situation and let the lies and cover ups roll straight in front of the news cameras.
How many of the officers there do you think are part of the cover up, and how many there do you think were not bright enough to figure out there was a cover up going on? Do you think there could be officers there who determined there was a cover up but were not part of the cover up and simply are remaining silent?
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Closed Thread