SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-18-2013, 19:15   #1
akapennypincher
Glock-O-Holic

Anyone buy any 9mm White Box Winchester Value Pack

At Wally World in the last week? Where I live the supply is exhusted.
akapennypincher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 19:21   #2
Reconinforce

I found 2000 rounds of it 2 weeks back and just resold it for a ton. Crazy

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Reconinforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 00:13   #3
unit1069

I guess I hit the Lotto tonight when I stopped by the local Wal-Mart and the clerk had just put some 9mm ammo on the shelves.

I had a clear choice; WWB 100-round Value Pack range ammo at $24.50 or Federal 100-round Value Pack range ammo at $21.47.

Being the tightwad cheapskate I am I bought two of the Federal (just because I like ATK's products). The clerk told me I'd better buy it then and there because all the 9mm ammo would be gone in an hour or less.

I did it for the children.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:19   #4
akapennypincher
Glock-O-Holic

Will check my Wally World this day.
akapennypincher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:38   #5
Adamz04

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit1069 View Post
I guess I hit the Lotto tonight when I stopped by the local Wal-Mart and the clerk had just put some 9mm ammo on the shelves.

I had a clear choice; WWB 100-round Value Pack range ammo at $24.50 or Federal 100-round Value Pack range ammo at $21.47.

Being the tightwad cheapskate I am I bought two of the Federal (just because I like ATK's products). The clerk told me I'd better buy it then and there because all the 9mm ammo would be gone in an hour or less.

Good find. I with you on the ATK products. They are my favorites as well.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:03   #6
pipedreams

Apparently Wal-Mart is getting small shipments in regularly but it is gone shortly after its put on the shelf. I check our local store every time I go in and the shelf is usually pretty empty. I did pick up three boxes of 22mag ammo yesterday and the lady told me they have been getting ammo in but only small amounts. There was no 45 or 9mm in stock when I was there.

Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.
pipedreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:08   #7
sappy13

All three of mine are out last time I checked. I snagged 2 boxes of tulammo 9mm bout 3 weeks ago, but other than that there's been. Nothing.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
sappy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:22   #8
RichardB
Silver Membership

In our Walmart this morning the only handgun ammo they has was 40S&W. I remember this same story during the last ammo shortage.

I don't own a 40 S&W, yet.

“Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing”
RichardB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:33   #9
M 7

My WM had 6 boxes on the shelf yesterday for $22.95/ea.- I bought two. Left the remaining four boxes for someone else who might wanna go shooting.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:50   #10
Shiloh228

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardB View Post
In our Walmart this morning the only handgun ammo they has was 40S&W. I remember this same story during the last ammo shortage.

I don't own a 40 S&W, yet.
Calibration needed: when/what was the "last ammo shortage" ?
Shiloh228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:54   #11
danyo

Quote:

Same here. Went to Wal-Mart with my brother to buy some groceries and I took a walk by the ammo cabinet, at least 30 boxes of Federal 115 GR. 9mm and I bought 6 boxes. Was a good feeling.
danyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 14:09   #12
unit1069

Is the Federal 115-grain FMJ Value Pack ammo I bought last night brass or aluminum case? I've shot the Federal AE before but not this particular ammo, and the box doesn't specify what the case material is. I'm wondering why it cost $3 less than the Winchester and the quickest reason I could come up with is that it might be aluminum case. I don't feel like breaking open the pack just to look and thought someone here might be able to tell me.
Old 01-19-2013, 14:23   #13
got_metal

Was just at WM this morning, picked up their last box of WWB 9mm. The lady said they just got a shipment in last night (didn't say how much) and that's all that was left.

Quote:
Is the Federal 115-grain FMJ Value Pack ammo I bought last night brass or aluminum case? I've shot the Federal AE before but not this particular ammo, and the box doesn't specify what the case material is. I'm wondering why it cost $3 less than the Winchester and the quickest reason I could come up with is that it might be aluminum case. I don't feel like breaking open the pack just to look and thought someone here might be able to tell me.
I'm pretty sure the Federal value packs are all brass. The Federal has always been cheaper than Winchester from what I've seen, not really sure why. In my experience Federal is just as good as Winchester. It's always my first choice if both are available.
got_metal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 14:54   #14
RichardB
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh228 View Post
Calibration needed: when/what was the "last ammo shortage" ?
When was the last previous national election?

We went through this same drill when Mr Obama was first elected. That is the reason for all the " buy now" comments before this most recent election.

“Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing”

Last edited by RichardB; 01-19-2013 at 15:03..
RichardB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 17:10   #15
unit1069

Quote:
Originally Posted by got_metal View Post
Was just at WM this morning, picked up their last box of WWB 9mm. The lady said they just got a shipment in last night (didn't say how much) and that's all that was left.

I'm pretty sure the Federal value packs are all brass. The Federal has always been cheaper than Winchester from what I've seen, not really sure why. In my experience Federal is just as good as Winchester. It's always my first choice if both are available.
Thanks for the info. I've also always liked Federal over Winchester and I really like the fact that the Federal Value Pack is sealed instead of open-ended. I sure wish Wal-Mart would get the Federal 550-round .22lr Value Packs in stock but was told (and it makes sense) that so many AR-15 owners have conversion kits that all the .22lr ammo is spoken for and only arrives in small, insignificant amounts. I'd just be happy with one 550-round box to have as backup for the Value Pack that's about 66% full.
Old 01-19-2013, 17:17   #16
unit1069

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardB View Post
When was the last previous national election?

We went through this same drill when Mr Obama was first elected. That is the reason for all the " buy now" comments before this most recent election.
Ammo prices jumped up immediately after Obama's election in 2008 and have moderated somewhat since, until last November's election.

The grumblers can say what they will about Wal-Mart but that company hasn't yet raised prices on ammo in contrast to so many online ammo dealers. I admit I don't know the Internet ammo dealers' difficulties (since WMT is the largest ammo dealer in the world) but I was very pleased to hear that WMT isn't caving into Obama-Holder subversion of Second Amendment rights and intends to provide customers with the same products they've always received.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:57   #17
jdw174

I haven't seen a box of 9mm in my WalMart for a couple of months now. Checked a couple of days ago and the only pistol ammo they had was two boxes of .357.
jdw174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:38   #18
eagle15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reconinforce View Post
I found 2000 rounds of it 2 weeks back and just resold it for a ton. Crazy

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
This type of gouging has been going on for several weeks in my area until most of the gun dealers including WM put a 2 box limit per day on ammo purchases. Since that policy was instituted, I have been able to pick up what I needed just about any day.
eagle15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 13:33   #19
SCmasterblaster

This

is what we get for electing the Kenyan for a second term.
Old 01-21-2013, 00:13   #20
DJ Niner

Found and bought several 100-round boxes of WinchesterUSA white-box/value-pack 9mm ammo this past weekend. Store had previously been out of all 9mm ammo.

Also saw a box of .44 Mag on the shelf at another Walmart that had previously been sold-out of this caliber.

They ARE restocking ammo, but it is selling as fast as they can get it back on the shelves. For best results, check in the early morning hours, and even then, don't expect every caliber every day (some (most?) days they get nothing at all).
...The second most dangerous thing to do is Turning Your Life Around. Going by local news reports, if you start Turning Your Life Around, you will inexplicably wind up face down in a convenience store parking lot at 0300 with a bag of somebody else's money in your hand, a chalk outline, and half a magazine's worth of the taxpayers' bullets in your ass. -- Tamara K.

Link >>>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DJ Niner is offline   Reply With Quote