Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-02-2013, 17:18   #1
jakebrake
cracker

masonic "stuff"

hats, pocketknives, t shirt, etc.

how many of us have bought it, or been given it as gifts.

how many have looked at it for sale somewhere and asked "really?"

i'm hesitant to buy a ballcap or t-shirt for fear it'll end up hokey. anyone know of any reputable places?

anyone gotten one (a gift included) and thought "you've gotta be kidding me". (yes... i saw a knife that was just....wow...)
Old 02-07-2013, 13:35   #2
Chuck66
Traveling Man

A friend of mine went online one day to a supplier and went a little crazy. Showed up at the lodge one night wearing a new hat, shirt, carrying a new mug, with a book he'd bought, and there was much more he didn't have on or about his person at that time that he'd gotten in the same order.

Eventually he toned it down and each item by itself was tasteful and understandable, but that first night...whew. We thought he'd been hired to advertise.

I have a couple of mugs that family have given me, and a tie my kids got me. I've looked at merchandise myself a time or two, but always ended up spending my money on ammo or something else.
Freemason's Lodge #66

Behold! How swiftly the sands run, and how rapidly our lives are drawing to a close.

Last edited by Chuck66; 02-07-2013 at 13:35..
Chuck66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 13:41   #3
Batesmotel

I don't get it. Some guys go overboard in my opinion. I wear two rings and thats about it. I see some guys wearing things like Masonic watches that are just a garbage watch with a Masonic symbol on it. I am proud of the fraternity but I don't feel the need to have Masonic symbolism on everything I own. Some guys will pay for it so there is a ready market and dealers fill it well.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:03   #4
jakebrake
cracker

do ate, i have bought a tie. i looked at a ballcap or two, but haven't done anything yet. i've seen t shirts and such.

the watches always look hokey and low quality. since i never wear a watch, i figure why bother.

i saw a "masonic" folding knife...i'm not sure if it was silk screened on the blade, but had a b&c and the phrase "looking for more light"

can you guess that i passed?

so, a quick look on ebay made me pause and wonder. and, figured i'd ask who has and who hasn't.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:37   #5
deputy tom

I do have a couple of Case brand Masonic pocket knives but the cheapies in smokey mnt. catalogue are crap. I've seen them in person. I wear a few different rings for different occaisions. My Masonic neck-ties are the awards from Grand Lodge but I've never purchased any retail. Ball caps I buy from the units at the Shrine Potentate's Banquets. Each unit has something for sale as a fund raiser and I feel like supporting them. tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus cel The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:19   #6
rockymtnhorror

I prefer to look at the vendor tables at Grand Lodge so I can see and touch it before I buy it.
rockymtnhorror is offline   Reply With Quote