Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-17-2013, 19:37   #1
Bama

Help with a UPIN

I always get a delay on any gun purchase. My CCW doesn't bypass the NICS in Alabama.I was told my a ffl that I can get a UPIN and this will solve my problem. I've gotten the application and fingerprint card needed to send in for a UPIN. problem is no one rolls prints anymore. It is all done electronically. Does anyone know how to get my prints rolled or how to get them sent in for a UPIN?

Thanks
Bama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 19:40   #2
NEVRL8T

Here in Arkansas, that's done by the Arkansas State Police (who also does our CHCL) and they ONLY roll prints. They do not electronically scan them.
NEVRL8T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 19:42   #3
NEVRL8T

Have you tried people that teach CCW classes? I know here, most also will take your prints. The state police doesn't recommend it because if there is a problem with the way they are rolled you have to start the whole process over but that's all I got.
Old 01-17-2013, 19:53   #4
Bama

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVRL8T View Post
Have you tried people that teach CCW classes? I know here, most also will take your prints. The state police doesn't recommend it because if there is a problem with the way they are rolled you have to start the whole process over but that's all I got.
In Alabama we don't have a CCW class that I know of. We just go to the Sheriffs dept fill out an application they run a background check, if it checks out they take your picture and you get your CCW that looks kinda like your drivers license
Old 01-17-2013, 19:58   #5
TeeJay37

The local PDs don't do it? In Louisiana, they do. The only way to get electronic is to go to the state police. Why won't they take electronic? I'm not sure on the UPIN, but our state police recommends electronic for CHP because it comes out cleaner and there's less of a chance they'll get rejected.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
TeeJay37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 20:03   #6
RoyHinkley
Bonafide User

Here in GA I think it just depends on the county where you get you CCW. The probate office where I got my permit did electronic but the sheriffs office across the parking lot did it the old fashioned way. The electronic prints didn't work for the lady in front of me so she had to go across the parking lot to get them inked.
RoyHinkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 21:13   #7
Bama

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJay37 View Post
The local PDs don't do it? In Louisiana, they do. The only way to get electronic is to go to the state police. Why won't they take electronic? I'm not sure on the UPIN, but our state police recommends electronic for CHP because it comes out cleaner and there's less of a chance they'll get rejected.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Nope county, city and troopers all use the local detention center
and they only scan prints
Old 01-19-2013, 12:24   #8
NEVRL8T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama View Post
In Alabama we don't have a CCW class that I know of. We just go to the Sheriffs dept fill out an application they run a background check, if it checks out they take your picture and you get your CCW that looks kinda like your drivers license
Holy crap! And I thought Arkansas was a little lax.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:32   #9
FullClip
CLM Number 171
NRA Benefactor

For my Form-4's I get finger printed at the Penobscot County sheriffs office / county jail. The deputy that does this has it down to a science. My hands are wicked dry and callused, so she's made me rub in hand lotion to swell the ridges and then just look away while she rolls the prints to make sure I don't try to "help" and smudge the print.