GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-18-2013, 21:35   #21
StanA

It seems that the pro-gun speakers need some help! We have some folks that have potential but are to extreme or not efective like the NRA. James, Nugent etc..We need folks that can articulate and speak under fire with calm and stats to back up what the are saying. It a new world, I still hope that all of this works out the best for all of us!
StanA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 17:05   #22
WinterWizard

I agree with you guys. And I am not doubting Tennessee law. I am simply saying I disagree with it on a personal level. This country is going down the tubes. The law is so vague and there are so many overlapping laws on the state and federal level, that the government can pretty much do whatever it wants and justify it with vague language, intimidation or legalese.
WinterWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:27   #23
RichardB
Silver Membership

If he were a man whose "word was his bond" he needs to be in jail awaiting a comprehensive Psych or other exams. In his tape he made pretty concrete threats he just did not name the folks he was going to shoot.

If he is just a big mouth blowhard maybe then they can give him some slack but closely watch him anyway because sometimes even these types will act.

This is just a matter of government protecting others from the unbalanced, young, strong, and reckless.

“Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing”
RichardB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 16:55   #24
WinterWizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardB View Post
If he were a man whose "word was his bond" he needs to be in jail awaiting a comprehensive Psych or other exams. In his tape he made pretty concrete threats he just did not name the folks he was going to shoot.

If he is just a big mouth blowhard maybe then they can give him some slack but closely watch him anyway because sometimes even these types will act.

This is just a matter of government protecting others from the unbalanced, young, strong, and reckless.
His threats were conditional, i.e. he prefixed them with "If." Most people are just responding to the media spin that "Crazed gun instructor says he's going to start murdering people." And shame on anyone who fell for the media spin.

He said that IF the degredation of the 2nd Amendment continues, that he would kill to defend his rights if anyone tried to take his guns. That was the gist of the video. The threat was conditional and not directed at any specific person or group. It was made 10 times worse because of how he looks and how frantic he was in the video. If it had been part of a casual conversation in a normal tone of voice, I doubt it would have gotten the attention it did.
Old 01-20-2013, 17:18   #25
RussP

Does anyone know if he plans an appeal?

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 17:47   #26
WinterWizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Does anyone know if he plans an appeal?
Why not? He has everything to gain and nothing to lose. And it bodes well for the appeal that he took the video down immediately, edited that portion out of the video and also made another video apologizing and saying the video was wrong. He is also former law enforcement. If he doesn't get his CCL back, I don't see anyone getting their's back in a similar situation.

Last edited by WinterWizard; 01-20-2013 at 17:48..
Old 01-20-2013, 18:18   #27
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWizard View Post
Why not? He has everything to gain and nothing to lose. And it bodes well for the appeal that he took the video down immediately, edited that portion out of the video and also made another video apologizing and saying the video was wrong. He is also former law enforcement. If he doesn't get his CCL back, I don't see anyone getting their's back in a similar situation.
Do you know that the video is the only evidence against him?

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 19:16   #28
WinterWizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Do you know that the video is the only evidence against him?
I'd say only Mr. Yeager can answer that question definitively. But if I were a betting man, I'd wager it was.

Last edited by WinterWizard; 01-20-2013 at 19:17..
Old 01-21-2013, 09:29   #29
RichardB
Silver Membership

Some folks have gotten a laugh out of this situation: The Young Turks. Their commentary interspersed with Yeager's remarks are somewhat pointed. As in all humor, it is only funny if it is not your cow that is being gored.

http://westmorelandtimes.com/news/tag/james-yeager/

“Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing”
RichardB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:40   #30
cgjane

Why would Ten LE treat This guy differently from a Kid who threatens to kill people in his school?

Getting my TX CHL, it was driven home not to abuse your CHL privilege an seek out a fight. Do not provoke, Always try to diffuse the situation, or walk away.

He made a threat. pOsted it and is now dealing with the consequence.

Old GT motto;

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes"

Last edited by cgjane; 01-21-2013 at 09:42..
cgjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:51   #31
James Dean

I look at my Florida CWFL as my very last line of defense to save my life. I feel I'm privileged to have one. Especially with this administration that's in power. I don't want anyone else to even know I have one. For him to make a video and post it on the Internet and say what he is going to do was just plain stupid.

He has a new video out I like better.

Last edited by James Dean; 01-21-2013 at 10:00..
James Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 19:49   #32
WinterWizard

I take back everything I said about James Yeager. This guy deserves everything he has coming to him.

After posting a video called "Unbanned" on January 7th, in which he explains that he is ublocking all blocked YouTube commenters and also will not be reading the comment sections anymore, he blocks me for commenting on one of his videos. Ha ha ha! What a complete and utter d-bag liar!!!

Last edited by WinterWizard; 01-21-2013 at 21:33..

Tags
carry, ccw, james, permit, yeager