Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-29-2012, 00:01   #1
Redstate

Canik Compact

Anyone have any experience with the Canik compact 9mm. It is a CZ look-a-like with an alloy frame. I read that Tristar imports them as the C-100. I saw one at a LGS and am very interested in possibly purchasing it. Input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by Redstate; 12-29-2012 at 00:08..
Redstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 15:25   #2
raven11

Try the Czforums clone section, they might know a bit more

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?board=27.0
Old 12-29-2012, 15:38   #3
Redstate

Thanks raven11. I did check that out and they all very good reviews, so I went and bought one today, a Tristar Canik 55, C-100. I also put 100 rounds of Federal Champion through it.
Now I can review it.Great compact pistol. Only one minor hicup. At the first 8th or 9th round out of 100 rounds, it had a failure to feed. After that it functioned perfectly. I attribute the FTF to possible operator error or just simple break-in. The double action pull is a little heavy but smooth. The single action is fantastic.
Accuracy is very good. I tried some "failure drills" (Mozambique) starting with double action, and made some nice hits.
Great little pistol. Excellent price.
Old 12-29-2012, 19:55   #4
crazymoose
Nonentity

No experience with that particular gun, but my experience with Turkish guns is that the Turks are very good craftsmen who will work for relatively cheap. Good deal all around.

My only concern with the Turkish gunmakers is the availability of spare parts. But for the prices, it's a risk worth taking, IMO.

Doubt is an unpleasant condition, but certainty is absurd. Voltaire
crazymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 20:48   #5
Redstate

Thanks Crazymoose. I am thinking that for spare parts I probably only need a recoil spring and a slide stop. Not yet confirmed, but I read somewhere that CZ Compact recoil spring will probably work. I have sent an inquiry to the importer, Tri Star to see where I can get spare parts.
I hope to go out and put a few more rounds through it tomorrow.
Old 01-03-2013, 18:54   #6
papershoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstate View Post
Thanks raven11. I did check that out and they all very good reviews, so I went and bought one today, a Tristar Canik 55, C-100. I also put 100 rounds of Federal Champion through it.
Now I can review it.Great compact pistol. Only one minor hicup. At the first 8th or 9th round out of 100 rounds, it had a failure to feed. After that it functioned perfectly. I attribute the FTF to possible operator error or just simple break-in. The double action pull is a little heavy but smooth. The single action is fantastic.
Accuracy is very good. I tried some "failure drills" (Mozambique) starting with double action, and made some nice hits.
Great little pistol. Excellent price.
Academy Sports has the Tristar C-100 on sale for $300, in a black 9mm only. I got one last month and am very impressed with it so far. Half the price of a CZ PRC. The paint dots on the sights are yellow with poor contrast. The single action trigger is sweet.
papershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 19:10   #7
Redstate

I'm lovin mine so much, I put another one (silver chromed finish) on lay-away. These things are great. Excellent reviews everywhere I've looked. I wish there was an Academy Sports around here. That is a steal of a price. I'm paying $360.00 here. Still a great deal.
Old 01-18-2013, 23:35   #8
Redstate

I shot with it again and early on had one FTF as described above. Since then, it has run perfectly for the last 200 or so rounds, now having a total of 320 rounds through it. Great little pistol. Unfortunately, i had to cancel the layaway mentioned above.