Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-14-2013, 14:42   #1
fast ed

7 round magazines

when new york bans all magazines over 7 rounds, where do you get a model 20 10mm mag with the 7 round limit
fast ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 16:19   #2
BigAlE

Not banned yet. Keep fighting. Call or write.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
BigAlE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 16:40   #3
TxGun

If, God forbid, a restriction like that came to be law, the manufacturers would build mags to comply just as they did with the 10 rd. limit in the past. But naturally they are not going to go to the expense unless forced to.

Last edited by TxGun; 01-14-2013 at 16:46..
TxGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 16:42   #4
BigAlE

I will move before complying with such steaming horse ****.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
BigAlE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 16:43   #5
ithaca_deerslayer

I wonder if that is just a bargaining chip to get repubs to jump at the chance for a 10-round law.

But if it actually goes through with a 7 limit, I've got 5 carry guns that will be legal. My Kahr PM9 would replace my Glock 26.

I won't get rid of any guns. I will hold my mags out of state. And will work on getting the anti-gunners replaced and the law repealed.

Others will also likely start immediately with lawsuits to overturn the law.

Lots of NYS gun owners will find themselves without any legal guns, and especially no carry guns.
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 18:34   #6
cagnoli
Patriot First

I sold my house Monday. Closing date is April 10th. I'm over this state. We are moving to Tennessee as soon as my house closes. If these jerk offs pass this bill tonight, I'm taking tomorrow off work, and driving all my weapons, ammunition, magazines and reloading supplies to my new state. I'll return the following day with my Kimber And two 7 round magazines. My wife and I are taking our jobs, and all the money they generate to Tennessee, my parents are selling their house and following us, and I'm talking as many able friends as I can into leaving this communist state.

What really sucks is our local WNY legislatures understand the real problem, but get out voted by the down state crowd.
cagnoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 18:44   #7
alexanderg23

Send me to hell or New York State, I'd be about the same to me!
Old 01-14-2013, 19:09   #8
Mr Spock
Vulcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexanderg23 View Post
Send me to hell or New York State, I'd be about the same to me!
One of those places doesn't exist, and the other shouldn't.

Or...

Send me to Hell instead. I'll bring an AK and some 40-rounders and turn it into a pretty nice winter vacation spot.
Mr Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 21:02   #9
SJ 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagnoli View Post
I sold my house Monday. Closing date is April 10th. I'm over this state. We are moving to Tennessee as soon as my house closes. If these jerk offs pass this bill tonight, I'm taking tomorrow off work, and driving all my weapons, ammunition, magazines and reloading supplies to my new state. I'll return the following day with my Kimber And two 7 round magazines. My wife and I are taking our jobs, and all the money they generate to Tennessee, my parents are selling their house and following us, and I'm talking as many able friends as I can into leaving this communist state.

What really sucks is our local WNY legislatures understand the real problem, but get out voted by the down state crowd.
Best thing to do,get out,thankfully you were able to.
Congrats ! SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 22:44   #10
okietom

I have a friend here in OK that left New York years ago for the same reasons. He has an FFL now and sells guns.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:46   #11
jhc37013

Quote:

Good luck with the move and welcome to Tennessee, I'm in middle TN. and if you EVER need ANY kind of help at all please let me know, what your doing really is inspiring and I hope others will follow suit.
jhc37013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:44   #12
Chuche2

Cagnoli, what part of Tennessee? When you get settled give us a heads up.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:18   #13
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post
I wonder if that is just a bargaining chip to get repubs to jump at the chance for a 10-round law.
Why do they need a bargaining chip? New Yorkers have elected a 2/3 democrat majority in the assembly and the governor is asking specifically for the 7-round limit. Which one of those do you think will need Republican approval?

In other words, 7 rounds is a done deal.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:19   #14
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:

Good move - you may be surprised how much better Tennessee is. Just don't get everybody in New York to move there (unless we can send our liberals from the south to live in NY...and build a wall around it).
Old 01-15-2013, 06:02   #15
SJ 40

Gee what happened,10 rounds used to make the Billy Bubber era Commies feel good.now 7 rounds makes them feel even better. SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:07   #16
The Fed

So is this a ban on current magazines, as in you will supposedly need to get rid of them?
The Fed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:24   #17
cagnoli
Patriot First

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc37013 View Post
Good luck with the move and welcome to Tennessee, I'm in middle TN. and if you EVER need ANY kind of help at all please let me know, what your doing really is inspiring and I hope others will follow suit.
Thanks for the kind words! We are breaking ground as soon as the rain stops in Sevierville.

Since the state senate passed this monstrosity last night, I've had several friends ask me to put their pistols on my NYS permit so I can legally take them out of NYS and keep the safe in Tennessee.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:26   #18
cagnoli
Patriot First

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuche2 View Post
Cagnoli, what part of Tennessee? When you get settled give us a heads up.
Sevierville, so we will likely be pretty close to one another. I was thrilled to learn there is an indoor range less than five miles from where we are building our house.

I'll need your help finding a good outdoor range, getting introduced to the local clubs (IDPA for sure), and finding a good club for my son to shoot trap.

Thanks again, this just reinforces the choice we made was the right one!
Old 01-15-2013, 06:26   #19
XshooterX

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fed View Post
So is this a ban on current magazines, as in you will supposedly need to get rid of them?
With the proposed new leg. as written, the only legal magazines in the state of NY would be 7 round cap., or 10 round cap that you already own before its inception. Nothing more. I guess you could say its a 7 round cap for new mags and a 10 round cap for grandfathered mags. It doesn't matter which ban they are pre-dating. They specifically wrote-in that even pre-'94 magazines would be included in the ban.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
XshooterX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:29   #20
cagnoli
Patriot First

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Good move - you may be surprised how much better Tennessee is. Just don't get everybody in New York to move there (unless we can send our liberals from the south to live in NY...and build a wall around it).
LOL! Yeah, no worries, I stopped talking to my liberal friends after the second time they voted for you know who.

My parents are following me, they are staunch conservatives, and the few friends I have that are able to move are also like minded. One owns his own gun training business, and is already looking into the possibly that he can teach the TN pistol course.

What's amazing to me is these liberal loons don't understand that their policies drive away hard working people that they need to pay for their little utopia. I predict NYS moves to a higher ratio of takers over makers by the end of 2014.

I read about people leaving in droves on forum after forum
Old 01-15-2013, 06:31   #21
RussP

Other than the 1911, which firearms suitable for self defense currently use 7-rnd mags?

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:31   #22
jhc37013

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words! We are breaking ground as soon as the rain stops in Sevierville.

Since the state senate passed this monstrosity last night, I've had several friends ask me to put their pistols on my NYS permit so I can legally take them out of NYS and keep the safe in Tennessee.
Sevierville is a beautiful area congrats on that and your impending freedom.
jhc37013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:35   #23
cagnoli
Patriot First

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Other than the 1911, which firearms suitable for self defense currently use 7-rnd mags?
That new Springfield XDS is a decent little .45 with a seven round magazine.

I think the Shield is also going to be terribly popular in NYS. (If you can find them, a buddy has been on the waiting list at Buffalo Gun Center for eight weeks....)
Old 01-15-2013, 06:43   #24
The Fed

Good for you for moving. I moved to Florida from oppressive Philadelphia, the city of FU. When I left the city wage tax was 4.5% and the state tax was 2.5%. All non-wage income was also state taxed. Crime? We lived in a supposedly good neighborhood but less than one mile away there were shootings, gangs and drugs. No matter what anyone tells you, there is NO safe place to live there. Even if you live in a high-rise downtown you still need to go out onto the street. You can get a permit to carry but the Philly police control it instead of the county clerk. You need 3 references and need to submit to an interview. You must pick up the application in person at the gun unit, which is downtown. No where to park of course. Then you fill it out and call for your interview. Another trip downtown. They grill you if you're not an "insider" - what do you need a gun for! They try to make you nervous and seem unsuitable to have a permit. If you maintain your cool and give them all of the "right" answers you are approved. You must pick it up in person. Another trip. At least they don't require training. Go figure. And this is good news. Used to be you had to go to the police academy and qualify. The only problem was they never told you what score you needed to pass. So everyone failed, unless you had juice.

Last edited by The Fed; 01-15-2013 at 06:44..
The Fed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:46   #25
JGlockman

So basically most semi-auto handgun sales have been effectively banned in NYS? The manufacturers have to re-tool to make 7 round mags...? Wow. Just wow. Or just sell a Glock without mags...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2