Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 09:11   #121
kenpoprofessor
Senior Member
 
kenpoprofessor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ex POW in the PRK now N. Phoenix AZ
Posts: 5,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer X View Post
Blah,blah,blah...I'm right, you're wrong...blah, blah...my opinion beats your years of experience and training...blah,blah...unions bad, cops bad...blah,blah...open carry!...blah, blah...I'm the best employee my boss ever had...blah...cops wrong...blah...open carry!...blah...gun...blah...kenpo...right turn clyde...
Tell you what, show me evidence of cops who have been attacked while "OFF DUTY AND IN PLAIN CLOTHES" that's higher than the statistical average of John Q. Public.

Yes, I'm aware of the guys that attack while you're "on duty and in uniform", but that's not what I'm talking about.

You say you want more "special rights" than the average citizen because of your job. Well, show me the evidence of why you "need" them over and above any other citizen.

Until then, you're argruments have been less than persuasive.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde
__________________
"Occasionally, Mr. Darwin offers a spontaneous IQ test, some people fail."

Last edited by kenpoprofessor; 01-19-2013 at 09:11..
kenpoprofessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:33   #122
The Fist Of Goodness
Senior Member
 
The Fist Of Goodness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Falling into Crime's Dinner Party.
Posts: 2,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor View Post
Tell you what, show me evidence of cops who have been attacked while "OFF DUTY AND IN PLAIN CLOTHES" that's higher than the statistical average of John Q. Public.

Yes, I'm aware of the guys that attack while you're "on duty and in uniform", but that's not what I'm talking about.

You say you want more "special rights" than the average citizen because of your job. Well, show me the evidence of why you "need" them over and above any other citizen.

Until then, you're argruments have been less than persuasive.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde
How about the number of cops "OFF DUTY AND IN PLAIN CLOTHES" that intervene in crimes in progress? That is probably a better statistic to look at.


posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Quote:
Don't forget that everything we know is being filtered through the media which is like playing a game of telephone with mentally challenged people in the middle.
The Fist Of Goodness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:35   #123
kenpoprofessor
Senior Member
 
kenpoprofessor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ex POW in the PRK now N. Phoenix AZ
Posts: 5,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fist Of Goodness View Post
How about the number of cops "OFF DUTY AND IN PLAIN CLOTHES" that intervene in crimes in progress? That is probably a better statistic to look at.


posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Well, are you waiting for something to show evidence of that, but also compared to any normal citizens who have done similar??? Can you empirically demonstrate that it's a higher number??? The caveat being, IN A SHALL ISSUE state, not in CA, NY, or nanny booboo state.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde
__________________
"Occasionally, Mr. Darwin offers a spontaneous IQ test, some people fail."

Last edited by kenpoprofessor; 01-19-2013 at 10:17..
kenpoprofessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:50   #124
Patchman
Florist
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Land of Flora, Fauna & Merriweather
Posts: 12,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICARRY2 View Post
Cochese,

The only problem with repealing or stopping gun control is that it seems like when politicians do pass gun control that affects the police too, the police dont fight the legislation they only fight to get an exemption for themselves.

Once the police do get exempted, you never hear from the police again about how wrong or ineffective the new gun control law is other than places like GT. The police don't lobby our legislature to overturn anything or to support ccw nationwide.

I remember watching a chief on the news testifying before Congress about LEOSA back on 2004 when the law was being considered. The chief thought federal law should allow active/retired leos to ccw nationwide, but it should be up to the states when it comes to private citizens ccw.

I know you and other leos here on GT are very pro-2A, citizen ccw nationwide, but leos as a whole do not fight very often or very hard for citizens gun rights.

I really think if the police in this country became more vocal and publicly supported the 2A everytime some gun grabber introduced ridiculous legislation we would ALL be better off.

Look at the police in NY. They are not fighting the new magazine restriction, they are just trying to get an exemption for themselves.
Pretty much every industry and profession has their own industry representatives, whose function is to act on behalf of their members.

The AMA acts on behalf of MDs.
SAG acts on behalf of actors.

Right now, there's the AVN Adult Entertainment Expo going on. Their focus is to better the work conditions of their members, not so that every adult in this country can have unfettered access to free adult entertainment.
__________________
In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, can still get you killed.

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:07   #125
kenpoprofessor
Senior Member
 
kenpoprofessor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ex POW in the PRK now N. Phoenix AZ
Posts: 5,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post
Pretty much every industry and profession has their own industry representatives, whose function is to act on behalf of their members.

The AMA acts on behalf of MDs.
SAG acts on behalf of actors.

Right now, there's the AVN Adult Entertainment Expo going on. Their focus is to better the work conditions of their members, not so that every adult in this country can have unfettered access to free adult entertainment.
I don't believe any of the industries you mentioned are funded with tax payer funds.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde
__________________
"Occasionally, Mr. Darwin offers a spontaneous IQ test, some people fail."
kenpoprofessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:19   #126
Patchman
Florist
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Land of Flora, Fauna & Merriweather
Posts: 12,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor View Post
I don't believe any of the industries you mentioned are funded with tax payer funds.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde
You don't think the medical industry earns a very nice portion of their money through medicare patients?
__________________
In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, can still get you killed.

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:28   #127
kenpoprofessor
Senior Member
 
kenpoprofessor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ex POW in the PRK now N. Phoenix AZ
Posts: 5,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post
You don't think the medical industry earns a very nice portion of their money through medicare patients?
Really, this is how you're going to debate this??? They are not funded by gov., though a "portion" of their money may come from gov. by proxy of a patient, they are not entirely funded by it.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde
__________________
"Occasionally, Mr. Darwin offers a spontaneous IQ test, some people fail."
kenpoprofessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:15   #128
Patchman
Florist
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Land of Flora, Fauna & Merriweather
Posts: 12,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor View Post
Really, this is how you're going to debate this??? They are not funded by gov., though a "portion" of their money may come from gov. by proxy of a patient, they are not entirely funded by it.

Clyde
Debate what? Debate industry associations only represent their own members?

Or debate how these industry associations are funded? If MDs get a "portion" of their income through medicare patients, and use their income to pay AMA dues, then the AMA is NOT funded, in part or wholly, by taxes?!?! Right?

But if LEOs earn their income through their agencies, and use their income to pay their LE association dues, then the LE association is fully tax-payer funded? (How about LEOs who have side jobs in private industry or own their own business? How does that income get figured when paying their association dues?}


And I guess the fact that many MDs, nurses, technicians are where they are today because they received their training through gov't funded hospital, clinics, programs, grants, scholarships, or that many techniques in use today were developed by the militaries (fully funded by the .gov) makes the medical profession 100-percent privately funded.

OK.
__________________
In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, can still get you killed.

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.

Last edited by Patchman; 01-19-2013 at 11:19..
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:02   #129
steveksux
Massive Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 14,472
Hey, man, just come right out and say it.

"I pay your salary".

Go ahead. You know you want to.

Randy
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:45   #130
ultra45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NYS
Posts: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Bishop View Post
Active officers would be exempt from the 7 round limit when on duty and most likely if they are carrying their issued weapon when off duty. If they were carrying a personal weapon off duty they would probably have to obey the 7 round limit.
Where did you get this from? You really haven't a clue. If you are not post fact, don't post. It only adds to more miss information.

Fact: the legislature left out the LE exemption for the two new sections added to PL 265.00, which cover mags. As of today only out of state police officers and sworn peace officers are exempt from carrying hi cap mags. Ref: PL 265.20', sub 11.

I can guarantee they will add the fix very soon to 265.20, sub 1, ASAP, as they are getting beat up by both the press and police line organizations.

Also, there is no distinction between off or on duty, we carry what's authorized and are not limited to less than what the firearm takes.
ultra45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:59   #131
Patchman
Florist
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Land of Flora, Fauna & Merriweather
Posts: 12,374
To me it would be the retired LEOs who would be in limbo. They would probably have to also go with the 7-round limit because (as I understand it), they were previously limited to the 10-round mags.

So now will Glock, Sig, Smith, etc... build special 7-round mags for just NY? I can't see that happening. Or is the reality going to be, you can use any mag you want, but can only load up to 7-rounds in it? (like the honor system?)
__________________
In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, can still get you killed.

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 14:54   #132
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member
 
Gallium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 47,557


Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post
To me it would be the retired LEOs who would be in limbo. They would probably have to also go with the 7-round limit because (as I understand it), they were previously limited to the 10-round mags.

So now will Glock, Sig, Smith, etc... build special 7-round mags for just NY? I can't see that happening. Or is the reality going to be, you can use any mag you want, but can only load up to 7-rounds in it? (like the honor system?)

I am too old to remember, but did Glock make a pistol to meet the FEDERAL AWB back in 94?

Also, no facetiousness here - how many cops here are active in gun rights organizations, how many write their congress-critters? Donate to the SAF, NRA-ILA? I don't know, so I ask.

I'd like each and every one of you to do your 20/25 and enjoy life after that 20 for at least another 30.

I admit I am selfish. It is my hope that retired LE do not get a special carry privilege (they don't get one now). Maybe those extra 10,000 voices would carry weight in the halls of Albany. Well, NYSP already issues it's own permits to retired NYSP MOS - they handle permits for their own. Our governor is a toolbag, With regards to his road map to the White House, I hope he's dinged himself in the nuts, face, foot and chest (complete figure of speech here).
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 15:11   #133
Patchman
Florist
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Land of Flora, Fauna & Merriweather
Posts: 12,374
This whole 7-round thing is so bizarre, I don't even know how that number came about.

I mean, with the previous NYS 10-round mag restriction, there was the Clinton national AWB which had the 10-round restriction. When that expired, NYS said, "OK, we're keeping it." I can see that logic flow.

But this 7-round thing? This has as much logic flow as some GNGers' posts.
__________________
In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, can still get you killed.

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.

Last edited by Patchman; 01-19-2013 at 15:12..
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 15:22   #134
Annoyinglylongname
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMLET View Post
Take it up with President Bush, he signed it.
Quit hatin'.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I have to take exception to this. If you guys respond to an armed call, you have the luxury of backup with more guys showing up with firearms. In addition, most of you are equipped with body armor not available to civilians.
If a civilian has to get in a shootout with the same bad guys, he gets hindered and endangered with an arbitrary law restricting his magazine capacity.
I have to say that it is unfathomable why a rank and file law enforcement officer would begrudge a legally licensed, armed citizen from enjoying the exact same ability to defend himself that a law enforcement officer does.
It stinks of elitism. This is the kind of attitude that creates a chasm between citizens and law enforcement.
I would hope to see all LEOs close ranks with legal concealed license holders and insist that they be given the same consideration.
In the end, all these bans ever do is make politicians feel better. You and I both know they are dog and pony shows. The AWB will create a vacuum that will be filled by fully automatic arms off the international arms market. We can't keep drugs or illegal aliens out of our country, what makes anyone think the guns won't pour in as soon as these laws are passed? I can point out several instances of this around the world.
Never for a minute think that we the armed citizenry are against you. I have my heartburn with a lot of things in law enforcement, much of it directed at the admin and leadership. I know most street cops are great people doing a crappy job managing the human garbage we allow to roam our streets and terrorize our neighborhoods.
Now is the time when all the pro-gun factions need to close ranks and present a united front against these abuses of power by the elected.
Annoyinglylongname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 15:22   #135
razdog76
Heavy Mettle
 
razdog76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor View Post
Tell you what, show me evidence of cops who have been attacked while "OFF DUTY AND IN PLAIN CLOTHES" that's higher than the statistical average of John Q. Public.

Yes, I'm aware of the guys that attack while you're "on duty and in uniform", but that's not what I'm talking about.

You say you want more "special rights" than the average citizen because of your job. Well, show me the evidence of why you "need" them over and above any other citizen.

Until then, you're argruments have been less than persuasive.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde
It is usually around 10% annually, according to the FBI... just saying
__________________
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron
'..You can lead an ass to facts, but you can't make them think...'
razdog76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 15:28   #136
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest
 
Cochese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Unmarked Rustbox
Posts: 16,285


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallium View Post
Also, no facetiousness here - how many cops here are active in gun rights organizations, how many write their congress-critters? Donate to the SAF, NRA-ILA? I don't know, so I ask.

Dear Cochese-

Thank you for your donation to Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, Colorado's only no-compromise gun rights group. *We're happy to have you on-board Colorado's leading advocate for your right to keep and bear arms.

If at any time you have questions, or would like to request materials (such as decals, our Merchant Awareness cards, etc), * you can use our online form at: *http://www.rmgo.org/materials.

Your donation today also makes you a full member in Rocky Mountain Gun Owners. *As a member of RMGO you now have an account on the Colorado Gun Market website (http://www.ColoGunMarket.com) where members have the ability to place unlimited firearm ads online. *This email contains your updated Colorado Gun Market access credentials (see below).

Of course, you're always welcome to contact us at:
office@rmgo.org *or *970-482-7646

To go back to our main page. click www.rmgo.org

You may print this page as a record of your donation and membership.


Transaction Details:

Amount: $30.00
Category: 2013-EMAILFWD
Invoice #: RMGO-DONATE-13521
Recurring
Reference Number:
Approval Code:


Colorado Gun Market Account Password:
Colorado Gun Market Account Email Address:


Rocky Mountain Gun Owners
PO Box 27
Windsor, Colorado 80550
Phone: 888-874-3006
Email: office@rmgo.org
Website: http://www.RMGO.org

Rocky Mountain Gun Owners is registered as a non-profit organization with the Colorado Secretary of State, however, donations to RMGO are not considered tax deductible by the IRS
__________________
"Never been dumped 'cause I'm the most mackinest,
never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest."
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 15:31   #137
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member
 
Gallium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 47,557


Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post
This whole 7-round thing is so bizarre, I don't even know how that number came about.

I mean, with the previous NYS 10-round mag restriction, there was the Clinton national AWB which had the 10-round restriction. When that expired, NYS said, "OK, we're keeping it." I can see that logic flow.

But this 7-round thing? This has as much logic flow as some GNGers' posts.
It is very clear to those of us who know and understand Cuomo, Bloomberg, and the rest of the anti-gun NY contingent.

  • For starters, let's ram thru a bill to law when people are not prepared for a discussion based on logic, but based on emotion. This is a sure sign of a manipulative prick.
  • Get in front of the parade, out do CA, MA, etc with mag limits
  • Pick a number for that is worse than where they are prepared to settle if this thing successfully litigates to their detriment, so at worst, the 10 round count is found to be reasonable
  • Pick a mag capacity that AUTOMATICALLY disqualifies most handguns that you already "hate" ("Glock"), and most of the rifles that you fear.
  • In five years use the same tired argument that more gun control is needed, reduce the number of rounds a mag can hold from 7 to 5. Surely, that would not be asking for much, and think of the lives that might will be saved!
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 15:33   #138
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member
 
Gallium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 47,557


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
Dear Cochese-

Thank you for your donation to Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, Colorado's only no-compromise gun rights group. ...
Make a $300 donation to the Gallium-Germanium Group of Lonely Elements and I might believe ya!

(good stuff sir).
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 15:36   #139
razdog76
Heavy Mettle
 
razdog76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICARRY2 View Post
Cochese,

The only problem with repealing or stopping gun control is that it seems like when politicians do pass gun control that affects the police too, the police dont fight the legislation they only fight to get an exemption for themselves.

Once the police do get exempted, you never hear from the police again about how wrong or ineffective the new gun control law is other than places like GT. The police don't lobby our legislature to overturn anything or to support ccw nationwide.

I remember watching a chief on the news testifying before Congress about LEOSA back on 2004 when the law was being considered. The chief thought federal law should allow active/retired leos to ccw nationwide, but it should be up to the states when it comes to private citizens ccw.

I know you and other leos here on GT are very pro-2A, citizen ccw nationwide, but leos as a whole do not fight very often or very hard for citizens gun rights.

I really think if the police in this country became more vocal and publicly supported the 2A everytime some gun grabber introduced ridiculous legislation we would ALL be better off.

Look at the police in NY. They are not fighting the new magazine restriction, they are just trying to get an exemption for themselves.

I for one, am not permitted to even write a letter to the local paper, without clearing it through the Sheriff.

Even if it is deemed acceptable to have an opinion on a particular subject, if it is not the same as my Sheriff, who do you think will be on the poopoo list?

***Let the record reflect that my boss is pro gun***

Having said that, what are you talking about in fighting for "citizens rights?" Unless we were in uniform, how would you know whether a person writing letters, contacting their legislators, contributing to the NRA was an LEO or not?

It is very bad taste to conduct personal business in uniform.
__________________
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron
'..You can lead an ass to facts, but you can't make them think...'
razdog76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 15:49   #140
Patchman
Florist
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Land of Flora, Fauna & Merriweather
Posts: 12,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post
This whole 7-round thing is so bizarre, I don't even know how that number came about.

But this 7-round thing? This has as much logic flow as some GNGers' posts.
Quote:
It is very clear to those of us who know and understand Cuomo, Bloomberg, and the rest of the anti-gun NY contingent.

[*]For starters, let's ram thru a bill to law when people are not prepared for a discussion based on logic, but based on emotion.

OK, so basically, a lot of the anti-LEO posters on GNG are on the same mental level as Cuomo, Bloomberg and company. Not surprised.

Gotcha. Thanks.
__________________
In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, can still get you killed.

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.

Last edited by Patchman; 01-19-2013 at 15:50..
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 00:38.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 734
172 Members
562 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31