GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 10:57   #226
razdog76
Heavy Mettle
 
razdog76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,992
Its my day off, and all I can do is come back to this thread, and chuckle.
__________________
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
razdog76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:01   #227
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!
 
wprebeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In a swamp, if I'm lucky
Posts: 8,444
Great - now I'm gonna be in trouble....again. Mkay - I take back what I said. Do not, under any circumstances, take advantage of any search engine, to search any particular username.

Last edited by wprebeck; 01-23-2013 at 11:02..
wprebeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:03   #228
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!
 
wprebeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In a swamp, if I'm lucky
Posts: 8,444
As an aside, and completely unrelated to the thread - I have recently discovered that I have a body type best described as "athletic". This greatly increases my self esteem, as I've always considered my rather substantial gut to be "fat".
wprebeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:32   #229
razdog76
Heavy Mettle
 
razdog76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post
As an aside, and completely unrelated to the thread - I have recently discovered that I have a body type best described as "athletic". This greatly increases my self esteem, as I've always considered my rather substantial gut to be "fat".
You keep it up, and you will force me to change my tag line to, "Have a great gun carrryin' Teddy Bear day."
__________________
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
razdog76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:01   #230
razdog76
Heavy Mettle
 
razdog76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,992
Just got the mail, and opened the National Rifleman... looks like they are beating the political drum for the national issue. Lets hope they can direct a little to NY.
__________________
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
razdog76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:21   #231
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!
 
wprebeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In a swamp, if I'm lucky
Posts: 8,444
Just to answer Clyde's question -

Who stopped the Utah mall shooting? Hint - it wasn't a permit holder, it was an off duty cop.

Locally, a retired cop intervened after a double murder occurred right in front of him. Guy was subdued and captured because the retiree was armed.

I personally was glad to armed after encountering someone I know professionally who followed me out from a restaurant to my car. He didn't engage any further because he got a clue that I was carrying.
wprebeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:42   #232
razdog76
Heavy Mettle
 
razdog76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,992
To add to the proof I submitted, as an LEO during a 20 to 30 year career of fighting crime and suppressing evil, there is a tendency to meet some unsavory people at the grocery store on a regular basis.

This would tend to raise the chances of being assaulted/killed than that of the rest of the population.
__________________
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Last edited by razdog76; 01-23-2013 at 12:43..
razdog76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 13:29   #233
kenpoprofessor
Senior Member
 
kenpoprofessor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ex POW in the PRK now N. Phoenix AZ
Posts: 4,863
Ah, man, good to see you guys so interested in me you find my POF profile . Hell, if you wanted a link, I'd give it to ya.

So anyways, not one of you has given me any stats, you've just bagged on me, why??? You guys obviously don't have truth and facts to bang, so, you bang the table, good for you .

Aren't there some stats that say cops are more likely to be attacked while off duty or retired in right to carry states????? Bueller, Bueller, anyone there?

Clyde
__________________
"Occasionally, Mr. Darwin offers a spontaneous IQ test, some people fail."
kenpoprofessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 13:31   #234
kenpoprofessor
Senior Member
 
kenpoprofessor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ex POW in the PRK now N. Phoenix AZ
Posts: 4,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by razdog76 View Post
To add to the proof I submitted, as an LEO during a 20 to 30 year career of fighting crime and suppressing evil, there is a tendency to meet some unsavory people at the grocery store on a regular basis.

This would tend to raise the chances of being assaulted/killed than that of the rest of the population.
And because of my job, I'm much more likely to get electrocuted than the other common citizens.

What's your point???? Have you had to use your firearm to defend the public or yourself while off duty????

Clyde
__________________
"Occasionally, Mr. Darwin offers a spontaneous IQ test, some people fail."
kenpoprofessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 13:54   #235
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,312
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor View Post
Have you had to use your firearm to defend the public or yourself while off duty???
Yes, I have. More than once.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 14:07   #236
razdog76
Heavy Mettle
 
razdog76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor View Post
Ah, man, good to see you guys so interested in me you find my POF profile . Hell, if you wanted a link, I'd give it to ya.

So anyways, not one of you has given me any stats, you've just bagged on me, why??? You guys obviously don't have truth and facts to bang, so, you bang the table, good for you .Clyde
I provided links to piles of data, but can't click on the links and look for your endeavor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor View Post
Aren't there some stats that say cops are more likely to be attacked while off duty or retired in right to carry states????? Bueller, Bueller, anyone there?

Clyde
Not sure where you would find an data to support that, and why you would want to, since it doesn't seem like it would be a good thing for the advocates of gun rights.

With your mensa test scores, you cannot expect to troll an LE forum, and not have members look at it closer... its what we do for a living.
__________________
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Last edited by razdog76; 01-23-2013 at 14:40..
razdog76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 14:54   #237
kenpoprofessor
Senior Member
 
kenpoprofessor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ex POW in the PRK now N. Phoenix AZ
Posts: 4,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
Yes, I have. More than once.
Good, I hope it was useful. So, with that said, would it have been any different if your weren't a cop???

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde
__________________
"Occasionally, Mr. Darwin offers a spontaneous IQ test, some people fail."
kenpoprofessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 14:57   #238
kenpoprofessor
Senior Member
 
kenpoprofessor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ex POW in the PRK now N. Phoenix AZ
Posts: 4,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by razdog76 View Post
I provided links to piles of data, but can't click on the links and look for your endeavor.



Not sure where you would find an data to support that, and why you would want to, since it doesn't seem like it would be a good thing for the advocates of gun rights.

With your mensa test scores, you cannot expect to troll an LE forum, and not have members look at it closer... its what we do for a living.
You're right, not much use for it until you start asking for rights over and above the common joe citizen.

And yea, seems you guys are focusing on me and not the questions. Kinda like a rape trial where the girl is put on trial for the action that happened to her. Weird huh?

And your answers so far are much akin to Hillary's statements today on Benghazi. What a sad bunch.
Clyde
__________________
"Occasionally, Mr. Darwin offers a spontaneous IQ test, some people fail."
kenpoprofessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 16:29   #239
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,312
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor View Post
Good, I hope it was useful. So, with that said, would it have been any different if your weren't a cop???

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde
Once I made that decision to take action, not much different, but being a cop, you are apt to take action whereas otherwise you could just be a good witness or walk away.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 17:56   #240
razdog76
Heavy Mettle
 
razdog76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor View Post
You're right, not much use for it until you start asking for rights over and above the common joe citizen.

And yea, seems you guys are focusing on me and not the questions. Kinda like a rape trial where the girl is put on trial for the action that happened to her. Weird huh?

And your answers so far are much akin to Hillary's statements today on Benghazi. What a sad bunch.
Clyde
I think your analogy is disgusting. You are comparing yourself to someone sexually assaulted, because you get grief for being the king of invalid arguments.

You ask questions, but don't don't read answers.
__________________
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Last edited by razdog76; 01-23-2013 at 18:28..
razdog76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 18:12   #241
rockapede
Senior Member
 
rockapede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor View Post
You're right, not much use for it until you start asking for rights over and above the common joe citizen.

And yea, seems you guys are focusing on me and not the questions. Kinda like a rape trial where the girl is put on trial for the action that happened to her. Weird huh?

And your answers so far are much akin to Hillary's statements today on Benghazi. What a sad bunch.
Clyde
Were it up to you, would you repeal LEOSA in the interest of fairness?
__________________
“Do you like being a cop?"
"I love it, when it doesn't suck, sir.”

-Edward Conlon
rockapede is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 18:43   #242
kenpoprofessor
Senior Member
 
kenpoprofessor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ex POW in the PRK now N. Phoenix AZ
Posts: 4,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockapede View Post
Were it up to you, would you repeal LEOSA in the interest of fairness?
I'd repeal it under the guise of the 14th amendment. If that means fair to you, take it that way, but it's a clear violation.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde
__________________
"Occasionally, Mr. Darwin offers a spontaneous IQ test, some people fail."
kenpoprofessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 18:45   #243
kenpoprofessor
Senior Member
 
kenpoprofessor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ex POW in the PRK now N. Phoenix AZ
Posts: 4,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by razdog76 View Post
I think your analogy is disgusting. You are comparing yourself to someone sexually assaulted, because you get grief for being the king of invalid arguments.

You ask questions, but don't don't read answers.
How is my argument invalid?

Clyde
__________________
"Occasionally, Mr. Darwin offers a spontaneous IQ test, some people fail."
kenpoprofessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 18:48   #244
kenpoprofessor
Senior Member
 
kenpoprofessor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ex POW in the PRK now N. Phoenix AZ
Posts: 4,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post
Just to answer Clyde's question -

Who stopped the Utah mall shooting? Hint - it wasn't a permit holder, it was an off duty cop.

Locally, a retired cop intervened after a double murder occurred right in front of him. Guy was subdued and captured because the retiree was armed.

I personally was glad to armed after encountering someone I know professionally who followed me out from a restaurant to my car. He didn't engage any further because he got a clue that I was carrying.
And how many other instances were stopped by a normal average joe with a gun??? Can you give me any stats for that in contrast to yours?

Clyde
__________________
"Occasionally, Mr. Darwin offers a spontaneous IQ test, some people fail."
kenpoprofessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 19:32   #245
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!
 
wprebeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: In a swamp, if I'm lucky
Posts: 8,444
Clyde,

I answered your question. You asked me to show you incidents in which retired or off duty officers needed their guns, and needed them more than an average citizen might. I did. And, I wasn't even a dick about it - I didn't include all the incidents in which an officer is working a side job while off duty. Wanna throw those in there for fun?

Point is, we've proven that police tend to need guns more often than the average person. This doesn't mean we want fewer rights for civilians - you DO realize that the few regular LEO's that remain here in GT are pro-gun, right? Honestly, dealing with people like you makes us want to NOT support people like you.

So, take your athletic self elsewhere for an argument. We are done.
wprebeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 19:50   #246
rockapede
Senior Member
 
rockapede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor View Post
I'd repeal it under the guise of the 14th amendment. If that means fair to you, take it that way, but it's a clear violation.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde
So could several other laws depending on one's interpretation. Be that as it may, let me rephrase in a more direct way: The location is Chicago. LEOs can carry concealed firearms in the city. Non-LEO citizens can't. Do you support taking one citizen's (the LEO) ability to defend himself away simply because the other citizen isn't afforded the same ability?
__________________
“Do you like being a cop?"
"I love it, when it doesn't suck, sir.”

-Edward Conlon
rockapede is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 21:23   #247
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,312
Blog Entries: 1
What about work place prohibitions which affect LEO's but not Joe Public?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:21   #248
kenpoprofessor
Senior Member
 
kenpoprofessor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ex POW in the PRK now N. Phoenix AZ
Posts: 4,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockapede View Post
So could several other laws depending on one's interpretation. Be that as it may, let me rephrase in a more direct way: The location is Chicago. LEOs can carry concealed firearms in the city. Non-LEO citizens can't. Do you support taking one citizen's (the LEO) ability to defend himself away simply because the other citizen isn't afforded the same ability?
Yes. They could carry the same as every other citizen, and if it means they carry illegally, then so be it. Equal protection under the law, it's that simple. No extra rights simply because of your job in the public service. That includes judges, mayors, city council, state and house members, etc..

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde
__________________
"Occasionally, Mr. Darwin offers a spontaneous IQ test, some people fail."
kenpoprofessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:27   #249
kenpoprofessor
Senior Member
 
kenpoprofessor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ex POW in the PRK now N. Phoenix AZ
Posts: 4,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post
Clyde,

I answered your question. You asked me to show you incidents in which retired or off duty officers needed their guns, and needed them more than an average citizen might. I did. And, I wasn't even a dick about it - I didn't include all the incidents in which an officer is working a side job while off duty. Wanna throw those in there for fun?

Point is, we've proven that police tend to need guns more often than the average person. This doesn't mean we want fewer rights for civilians - you DO realize that the few regular LEO's that remain here in GT are pro-gun, right? Honestly, dealing with people like you makes us want to NOT support people like you.

So, take your athletic self elsewhere for an argument. We are done.
You've proven nothing, you've given me examples but no relevant data other than your own experiences. Everyday, hundreds, if not thousands of people use their firearms in self defense.

In other words, are retired and off duty cops more likely to use their firearm than the average citizen? You've shown nothing to answer that.

Clyde
__________________
"Occasionally, Mr. Darwin offers a spontaneous IQ test, some people fail."

Last edited by kenpoprofessor; 01-24-2013 at 03:29..
kenpoprofessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:12   #250
4949shooter
Senior Member
 
4949shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Jersey Republik
Posts: 12,804


The thing is, off duty LEO's are OBLIGATED to act. This is why we must carry off duty. It is not an option, it is a requirement.

Retired LEO's are INCLINED to act, because of a retained sense of duty left over from their pre retirement days.

The CCWer who didn't act during the Gabrielle Giffords shooting did not react even though he had a gun. Why? Because there was no obligation to duty, nor was there sense of duty.

We can argue this all day long. It is what it is. And no, I don't see it as a 14th amendment issue, not even close. Apples to oranges.

The fact is, you want armed, trained men and women out there with a sense of duty to protect others. The point of CCW is to protect oneself.

There is a difference.
__________________
"...the men under your command deserve your leadership."-OXCOPS

Last edited by 4949shooter; 01-24-2013 at 06:42..
4949shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 22:43.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,185
342 Members
843 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42