Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:48   #1
gregw

New 29SF Questions?

I have had a G20 for 7 or 8 years and I finally decided to get a 29. I got a new 29SF, serial # TRB*** with a test fire date of 8-21-12. I went to the range yesterday and put 100 rounds through it. I had 1 FTF at about the 25 round mark. This is the first malfunction I have ever had with a stock Glock (almost 50% FTF in my 20 with Lone Wolf barrel). I aso noticed that if you ease the slide forward, gun empty-no mag, the slide does not close completely. None of my 3 other glocks do this. I seem to recall that this is a problem related to the trigger bar? but I could not find anything in a quick search of this forum. Ammo used was Freedom Munitions 180gr rated at 1200 fps.
I have been running a 22lb ISMI spring in my G20 with no problems. I would like to go to something a bit heavier than the stock 17 lbs in the 29SF. I have done some web searching and it seems that all of the dual spring assemblies use the standard 17lb springs and that if I want gomthing heavier I would have to go to a single spring assembly. Is there a dual spring assembly that offers different spring weights? Thank you for any help!
gregw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 13:54   #2
gregw

OK. A bit more research tells me that the slide not returning to battery could also be connector related and that the Wolff RSA for the 29 is the dual spring type.
gregw is offline   Reply With Quote